Author Topic: Longer days, Spring and positive energy.  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
Longer days, Spring and positive energy.
« on: April 24, 2011, 05:52:08 pm »
Its good to see that the spirit is well an truly back.  As fans we are no longer discontent at either the manager or owners, the atmosphere is very positive at Anfield these days, which has transpired onto the pitch and vice versa. This will undoubtedly make us a more attractive prospect for our transfer targets and more importantly once they do come they will be joining a club which is relishing the seasons to come. In that respect I personally believe that we can tick that box , gone are the dreaded few months we went through under Hodgson.

Furthermore we have been able to see alot more of our youngsters due to the unfortunate injuries of so many of our starting lineup. They seem ever so mature for their age and have proved that they are ready to step up to the mark. I for one was rather concerned before the city game but Flano came in and had a cracker then, Robinson.This made made me want to see more of these youngsters play, its exciting and the fact that they are local is the icing on the cake. Having watched the youth team play a couple of cup games these 2 are just part of a long list of youngster who are the future of our club. It's great to see Rafa's hard work pay dividends. I tend to forget how young Shelvey is, Kenny seems to have faith in him and speaks very highly of him. It seems that one can tick this box aswel.

Revenue, is another issue which under Parry was absolutely terrible. Purslow added the Standard Chartered sponsorship which  at the time equalled the record deal (80 million over 4 years)  and thats about the only good thing the man did. I aswel as all of us am glad that this fool is out the club.Men who are good at one thing (investment baking in this case) who then think they can dominate in another field (in this case football) are not what this club needs, or this world (see Chelsea). Add to this the new deal we have agreed with the New Balance subsidiary "Warrior" which is worth a whopping 25 million per year over 5 years (i think though could be 4) it seems that we are really trying to acquire revenue from all sorts of areas and not just a sugar daddy a la Abramovic or Al Nahyan. Our shirt sales are in the top 5 globally, my only concern is that I am assuming that Torres made up a big chunk of this and with the sale of the player it might affect that. If I am wrong or I am missing any key factors please do feel free to correct me.

Current squad has its issues mainly on the flanks. I am not going to list the players that I think are not up to the mark or a long list of transfer targets as it has been done by others on numerous occasion. The type of player this club is looking for is young, hungry and not overpriced (some might say 35 million for Carroll was but then again we got 50 for Torres so if there ever was a time to take 35 million pound gamble this was it). John Henry specifically wants to get rid of players who aren't pulling their weight and bring in players who quite simply are. I shall only mention one player because he is personally my top target for this summer , Antoine Griezmann. He is quite simply a brilliant left footed winger. Very quick , intelligent can take a set piece has abit of bite to him , not the tallest but isn't weak either. Hard worker and passionate. Really like this player and I am sure many of you have watched him play for Real Sociedad.

Oh almost forgot, Manager ...... CHECK!

I really felt the need to share these positive vibes. I still remember being at Blackburn when we lost 3-1, the result was bad enough but what was worse was the booing and all sort of negative chants.  The Liverpool way is what separates us from the rest its great to see that its back in it full force. Let us not lose our way and stray off the beaten path again.

The 96 shall never be forgotten in our hearts they shall remain and it was nice to see how the minute's silence was impeccably respected by both the Arsenal and travelling City fans.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Longer days, Spring and positive energy.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:13:55 pm »
Nice article. But I'm pretty sure Ian Ayre was behind the SC deal, not that snake.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »
Nice article. But I'm pretty sure Ian Ayre was behind the SC deal, not that snake.

Thank you for your comment and here is the source.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-delighted-with-sponsorship-deal

;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D

Offline nemo1404

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:30 pm »
Still sure it was all Ian Ayre to be fair
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 09:49:54 pm »
Still sure it was all Ian Ayre to be fair

Can't seem to find anything which says it was

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:54:52 pm »
Can't have too many positive vibes  8) 

We are finishing this season on a high with good form (as we often do),  with all of the big issues at the club sorted out.
If I was playing for spurs right now I would not want to be coming to play us on our turf  8)

Can't wait for the rest of the games this season and can't wait to see the team we are going to be next season.

These are exciting times...
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:58:51 am »

You are 100% right mate, it was Ian Ayre, that slimey turd, Purslow did fuck all for our club
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:59:20 am »
You are 100% right mate, it was Ian Ayre, that slimey turd, Purslow did fuck all for our club

Wiki says that it was actually Ayre who negotiated the deal. If this is the case then I stand corrected I am glad that the rat gets no credit for it. Cheers guys.