Author Topic: LFC as a Business Model  (Read 2478 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
LFC as a Business Model
« on: June 8, 2010, 02:45:13 pm »
We may be a sports anomaly.  One of the world's biggest Clubs from one of the world's smallest cities.

As such, we don't have some of the resources that big market Clubs have for drawing more fans to the match, but we do have a huge overseas following.

We're tucked away in a corner of England sometimes more accessible to Dublin than to London.

We've also got an unusual history.  The town and the team are inextricably linked and used to share much the same social philosophies.  Not an easy road for an owner in a capitalist society.  (I tip my hat Mr. Moores)

I have always had my doubts about the feasibility of the Club's ability to stuff the seats with the corporates necessary to fund the proposed vision of a new stadium, but there must be sound business model optimally suited to our peculiar demographics that we can explore and present to the Club as a considered opinion.  After all, we have the finest and most dedicated think tank money could buy willing to work free right here in this room.

Imo, we need to put on the thinking caps, crunch some numbers, establish the givens and try to get our Club back and make it successful. 

Kill the humourless

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: LFC as a Business Model
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2010, 02:54:17 pm »
Mate, forget being tucked away in a corner of England. Put it this way, whenever I manage to get tickets I never have to worry about finding people to go with me, quite the oposite, its more a case of deciding who i dont want to take with me. And thats for a 9 hour round trip.

Do not underestimate the potential of this club if it was run properly.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2010, 03:07:40 pm »
Anfield as it is simply does not deliver.

Exec seats, at less than half that of the Mancs/ Arse could be sold twice over.
We are barely scratching the surface of our potential OOT support.

The 64th largest stadium in Europe, the 23rd best supported by average gate, yet one of the Worlds Biggest Clubs.That it could have come to this.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline simonchamp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 8, 2010, 03:14:19 pm »
And if we do taste success again, expect to see demand increase further.

We have a legacy to be proud of and, with the right owners, investment and the right manager, we could rival any club in the world in financial terms.
Justice - 22 years overdue.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2010, 03:14:19 pm »
Yeah I dont think its a case of wondering how to attract more people, but more a case of how can we fit more people that we have waiting in.

IIRC we have a huge waiting list for both normal season tickets and corps - so not an issue of trying to attract them. Although it may become one if we fall in to a mid-table side.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #5 on: June 8, 2010, 03:26:13 pm »
Imo, we'll be lucky to get a buyer for the Club as is.  I think a new ground is unfeasible in the current economic climate.  We need new revenue streams without killing our already turned-off matchgoers and our OOT fanbase seems the obvious answer.
Kill the humourless

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: June 8, 2010, 03:34:34 pm »
Imo, we'll be lucky to get a buyer for the Club as is.  I think a new ground is unfeasible in the current economic climate.  We need new revenue streams without killing our already turned-off matchgoers and our OOT fanbase seems the obvious answer.

We sell out 99% of games, both corp and standard tickets. With waiting lists for both for those games. Without a bigger ground its not possible to attract them anymore than we do.

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #7 on: June 8, 2010, 11:05:23 pm »
We sell out 99% of games, both corp and standard tickets. With waiting lists for both for those games. Without a bigger ground its not possible to attract them anymore than we do.
You mean we USED to!! Been a lot easier getting tickets for games this year than it has in the past!!
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"