Author Topic: Harry Morgan (aka Colonel Potter from Mash) Dead  (Read 436 times)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Harry Morgan (aka Colonel Potter from Mash) Dead
« on: December 8, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »

Died today aged 96.

Also starred as the Judge in the classic Inherit The Wind (centre below).

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Harry Morgan (aka Colonel Potter from Mash) Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2011, 06:43:49 pm »

RIP Harry.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2011, 06:53:23 pm »
A couple of years ago, I was unemployed for a really long time after graduation. I applied for jobs every day of the week and got nothing. The days seemed to be akin to the film "Groundhog Day." In my boredom, I came across M*A*S*H*. The show was on every day at lunch time, two episodes at a time and was one of the few things I looked forward to. I had seen the Robert Altman film, but never the television show. When I started watching it, the period in which Harry Morgan's Col. Potter is in charge of the M*A*S*H* unit was just being shown as part of the cycle.

Although some fans of the show do not enjoy the more serious, darker and often somber tone of this period in the show, I always enjoyed it more because of Morgan's character. He was authoritative and a bit surly, but never mean or overbearing. He fit in perfectly with the deadpan humour and stood as the lone straight man surrounded by anarchy.

RIP

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 8, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »
Inherit The Wind is one of my all time favourite films.  A real classic.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2011, 10:21:20 pm »
I saw probably 100 episodes of MASH in high school with Col. Potter before I saw the earlier seasons, so Harry Morgan was always the commanding officer of the unit for me. Rest in peace.

It might sound a bit awkward, but I'm glad he was able to live such a full, long life. I (profoundly selfishly) hope Alan Alda will be able to do the same, and make many more movies until then.