Author Topic: 65' Cup Final pitch invader!  (Read 4093 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
65' Cup Final pitch invader!
« on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:52 pm »
Don't think I've seen the b/w highlights of the 1965 FA Cup final for years, and seen it today on LFC TV and it included the full footage of Wembley's first ever pitch invader.

It took 6 burly coppers to get this famous red off the pitch, but he still managed to shake his rattle as he disappeared off the pitch.

Everton tried to claim they boasted the first Wembley pitch invader the following year, and that fan became a cult hero ( forget his name at the moment though !)

So who was the red that invaded the pitch, anyone know who he was and what became of him?

By the way, watching that match again, just realised what a thuggish challenge Bobby Collins made on Gerry Byrne in the 3rd minute, it's not often somebody breaks your collar bone and nearly your leg with the one challenge !
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
Re: 65' Cup Final pitch invader!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:45:40 pm »
I forget his name but I think its been covered on RAWK before. The Everton fan the following year actually knocked one of the policeman's hats off before being taken down with a great rugby tackle!

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:27:46 pm »
I love the BBC commentary on that incident!
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 06:55:42 pm »
I love the BBC commentary on that incident!

Or when Billy Bremner was through on goal and was flaggged offside, the commentary was something like ' he's off side, he's offside, don't worry...he's offside'

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »
I forget his name but I think its been covered on RAWK before. The Everton fan the following year actually knocked one of the policeman's hats off before being taken down with a great rugby tackle!
It was Tit Head from Huyton. He used to have The Eagle and Child
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:43:36 pm »
some gaff that eagle and child like!

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:51:36 pm »

Yes, wasn't he involved in a killing ?  died in Police custody ? or perhaps a member of his family
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Chat Rifles

• I'm sorry Wayne, finish your cider.
  • Anny Roader
  • Anything Is Possible
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:55:01 pm »
Eddie Kavagnah famously ran on the pitch in the 1966

6:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spl2yQDHThU

Later featured on Fantasy Football's Phoenix from the Flames

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 08:26:06 pm »

Eddie Kavagnah

Kavanagh  :missus,

bought him a pint once in the Winslow, no relation like

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 09:36:43 pm »
I played with a band there in the early 80's.
we set up and there was a gang of fellas in a card school behind us and one of them said - "You's better be good, otherwise (he holds a bottle up) you'll get one of these thrown at yer"..
Luckily enough we went down a storm and played there a few more times..

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 12:46:37 am »
Everton supporter eddie he was the lad who ran on when everton beat sheffield wednesday  in 66 .

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 01:34:57 am »

That was at the end of our street. Before it was pulled down a mates darts team played a fixture there. He went to the bar and saw a sign saying: LAST ORDERS 8.30. He said to the girl, that's a bit early love, why's that? She said, pointing to a nearby table Cos them fuckin twats over there order 10 pints each at closing time!
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 02:02:14 am »
Tit Head. RIP Another good auld Scouse laid to rest. Bluenose or not, I loved fellas like that.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 08:14:56 am »
Tit Head. RIP Another good auld Scouse laid to rest. Bluenose or not, I loved fellas like that.

he was on the phone or pretending to be on the phone in the ale house before a late 80s Derby, saying very loudly - YES THAT'S RIGHT IT'S ME EDDIE KAVANAGH - being a fellow Kav  - I had to buy him a pint, He put the phone down as soon as I gave him the pint with out even saying Taraa to whoever he was talking to    :D