Author Topic: Riding The Big One and all the fun of The Fair.  (Read 7441 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Riding The Big One and all the fun of The Fair.
« Reply #40 on: April 7, 2009, 02:49:28 pm »
Just to summarise, I am buzzing and I think this feeling will last through to the final day of the season. Not sure how I'll cope with that!

Good lad.........good reasoned post.

If it did go to the final game imagine what it would feel like to win it.
If we didn't though...we'll still have a party that will rival anything the Mancs can come up with even as Champions.

Keep the Faith.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 7, 2009, 02:55:17 pm »
My arse is deffo gone, but we've been waiting a long time for this so we need to enjoy it.

I just hope we can keep winning and keep the pressure on the bastards, at least don't let them have it without knowing they're in a fight. I think they do now and we need to keep at them.

I'm loving it at the moment, i'll have a whinge about what might of been once its all done and dusted, especially about those fucking daft draws.

Good times.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #42 on: April 7, 2009, 03:05:33 pm »
Excellent post, shanklyboy.

I'm seated and strapped in every season.  Like you I've never took any game for granted, even when we were battering teams week in week out, and parading trophy after trophy, season after season. But I always had that belief that we would do it and that feeling has never waned.

At this moment in time we are so close to winning number 19 that I can smell it, and if we do it I reckon it will eclipse any feeling I've ever had with any League championship that I've had the pleasure to have seen us lift.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: April 7, 2009, 03:09:05 pm »
I was shaking during the Villa game against United and thats with 7 games to go and out of our hands.

Excellent post, the next few weeks will be immense if we stay in touch.

yeh same here! twice in 3 days don't ever remember my hearting beating as fast as them last ten minutes of both games this weekend. the celebrations on saturday. the come down on sunday maybe because i still sturggle to remember my feelings during istanbul. even if we dont go on to win it, these expereinces will be invaluable for next season.

Offline scouselad69

• Main Stander
  • turn on,tune in,drop out!
« Reply #44 on: April 7, 2009, 03:28:27 pm »
I`m near 40 and I´m lucky to have been following Liverpool for 30 years,At Xmas I was sat with me Brother who´s 20 and me uncle who´s in his 50´s.we were talkin about the past and We were trying to describe to me Brother what It felt like to Win the league.at the time I couldn´t find a good enough analogy But the Rollercoaster is a perfect description!The ups n downs,the anticipation,the exhillaration All being part of the whole experience!I was also trying to explain that this season I felt like I´d rediscovered something from the past that had been missing from my life for a long long time!!We older Fans have been so Lucky to experience all the high and lows that we have !!And I´m Really made up My Brother and all the other Younger fans are getting their chance to experience it as well!Enjoy the ride!!!
"Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red strength than today"Shankly talking about the fans after the 74 FA Cup Final Victory over Newcastle

Offline Zverko

• Kopite
  • keep it simple stupid
« Reply #45 on: April 7, 2009, 03:29:43 pm »
Top class. :)

Remember this from Pako in 2007?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/features/2007/may/FN11527070522-1105.htm

It goes for us too, not just the players.

That was one of best interviews ever. 
The King: "The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here"

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 7, 2009, 07:01:08 pm »
Excellent post, shanklyboy.

I'm seated and strapped in every season.  Like you I've never took any game for granted, even when we were battering teams week in week out, and parading trophy after trophy, season after season. But I always had that belief that we would do it and that feeling has never waned.

At this moment in time we are so close to winning number 19 that I can smell it, and if we do it I reckon it will eclipse any feeling I've ever had with any League championship that I've had the pleasure to have seen us lift.

Great isn't it Terry?

It feels like the old days.........I might even start drinking Brown mixed again.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 7, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »
Brilliant post
Im still strapped in, and i dont want to leave this rollercoaster of a season  :) I wasnt born when we last won the league, so i am very inexperienced, and ill admit i have had times this season when ive thought thats it (Middlesborough game to name an occasion.)  However i regret thinking like that, and know that i have to continue to believe, and channel that belief into Anfield and then into the team. 
Great post by the way

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #48 on: April 7, 2009, 10:36:22 pm »
Great isn't it Terry?

It feels like the old days.........I might even start drinking Brown mixed again.
I was thinking more like the big fuck off party cans we had years ago. If only they still sold them.

Offline r1ch

• Main Stander
« Reply #49 on: April 8, 2009, 12:16:21 am »
I'm 24 now and been a red since I was a nipper. Can't remember exactly when, but I just remember a childhood of having 'pool players pictures out of the weekly footie magazine all over my bedroom walls...Grobbelaar, Rush, Barnes, Macca, Redknapp. These were the players I grew to love Liverpool FC from, after the glory years so-to-speak.

So, I've never experienced winning a title, I was just too young.

Subconciously, I'd got used to my interest level in the Prem dropping after xmas, with the exception of the "Big 4" games. I'd watch the games, but wouldn't be on the edge of my seat. It's only now, in April, with the momentum that we're carrying at the moment that I'm realising just how brilliant it is to be a part of a title race. Villa, Fulham - every one of them as exciting as the one before, and even the opposition teams games i.e Man U v Fulham.

This is gonna be like a drug, so much so that I'll be craving a title race in seasons to come. Somehow, I think I'll be getting my fix. :D

Great post Shanks, thank you. :)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2009, 12:18:17 am by r1ch »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 8, 2009, 09:12:56 am »
Loved this description from Riera:

Asked if fighting for two major honours made this the most exciting period of his career, Riera responded: "Yes, definitely. Playing to fight for titles is really nice, this is the pressure that we want because it's a beautiful pressure."

Offline Loz81

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: April 8, 2009, 12:41:53 pm »
If it did go to the final game imagine what it would feel like to win it.
If we didn't though...we'll still have a party that will rival anything the Mancs can come up with even as Champions.

Keep the Faith.

Not sure I can imagine what it would be like! Istanbul multiplied by a lot is my guess.

Will probably need my alcohol consumption for Istanbul multiplied by a lot to get through it as well!

Looking forward to the remaining games, I'm sure it will be tight either way at the end.