Author Topic: Now that the dust has settled...  (Read 4067 times)

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
Now that the dust has settled...
« on: October 19, 2010, 04:03:11 pm »
..wondered if anyone who boycotted games/ merchandise etc had bought tickets/ goods now that one set of Yanks had gone?

I stopped buying merchandise (not that I bought much anyway, mostly replica kits for my lad) and boycotted all home cup matches, but can't say I have had any great urge to reverse the trend. If I'm honest I can't be arsed bothering with any Europa Cup games and am still finding it difficult to really get worked up over what is happening on the pitch. I seem to be suffering from sort of post-battle inertia. Main concern at the moment is getting shut of the manager, who appears to be a dead man walking.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
Re: Now that the dust has settled...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 04:09:08 pm »
will be buying a home jersey sometime this week, also mean to get my hands on the black fans shirt as a memento and to help the guy who shelled out for them shift them 

Offline ShortyKop

• Anny Roader
  • It's all about 'game intelligence'...
    • Think Group
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 04:11:37 pm »
I think a lot of us are caught in two minds:

a) lets get behind the team and try to get them playing (might result in keeping Roy)

b) sit tight until we get a new Manager and then the fresh start can begin

It's like the war still isn't over!

Even if we get Hodgson replaced, there will still be some calling for Purslow's head...

We will need to draw a line at some point. Maybe Purslow will be different now that he should have a different remit?

I've actually been bought then home and third shirts as birthday presents from unknowing relatives. I was going to take then back but couldn't as my brother had suggested they get them printed (Shelvey 33 on the home, Pacheco 12 on the third). They haven't been worn yet and will remain that way until i see some drastic improvement!!

I feel if we get a new manager in who plays attacking football then we will be ready for the off (albeit 8-10 games too late!)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:19:37 pm by ShortyKop »

Offline redjed1

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 04:11:52 pm »
I seem to be suffering from sort of post-battle inertia.

Compo claim, anyone?

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 04:13:40 pm »
I don't have any money at the moment.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 04:14:55 pm »
Anyone who's bought a shirt before during or after the ban/embargo(call it what you will) then wears it, is a bad bad ted and gets laughed at, at the match.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 04:17:14 pm »
Anyone who's bought a shirt before during or after the ban/embargo(call it what you will) then wears it, is a bad bad ted and gets laughed at, at the match.

;D
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Kopite1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 04:28:58 pm »
I have one of the black standards corrupted shirts which I have proudly worn since it arrived.  being someone who normally pre-orders the new red home shirt, when they are released, I'd decided not to buy till H&G had left the club, so I popped down on Saturday morning to get the red home shirt and happily wore that at EFC last Sunday.  I haven't been to a cup game this season as part of the boycott, but i will be going to all future home cup games whether that be Europa or FA.  Supporting LFC to me is being at the game, I'm proud of the actions I've taken over the last few years whether that be by being a part of SOS, the black shirts, the email campaigns, the marches and the sit in's, but what I really want is to get back to talking football and watching the team strive to succeed on the pitch, and therefore I will be back at Anfield for the cup games which i hope will be full to capacity.  This new ownership team deserve an open if slightly reserved welcome, and that includes filling Anfield to capacity.
Proud to be "An Internet Terrorist"

SOS# 1159

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 04:41:20 pm »
Jibbed matches and merchandise under the last lot. Haven't bought anything or been to a game yet, but planning to hopefully go to one soon - would've been up Sunday, but it's sold out already. Might go to Napoli at home, though would prefer my first match back to be in the league. As for merchandise, never really by much anyway (even pre-boycott), might get the new shirt or a training top or something (quite like the black and yellow ones)..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 06:28:17 pm »
daughter is in Boston getting me a Redsoxs shirt does that count? 8)
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 09:45:49 pm »
im considering buying the away jersey, always liked it, but resisted everything for the past few years.

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 11:12:07 pm »
have boycotted official merchandise

prefer the standards corrupted shirt (get more compliments too)

went onto the official site the other day (missus has been accusing me of being bias for not buying our 1 year old a replica kit cos she a girl)

anyway, everything for babies seems to be outta stock, NESV may want to look at that, revenue lost there

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 11:14:30 pm »
Bought the new home shirt on Saturday. Mainly because I needed a new top for 5 a side, but also because it was a celebratory act now that H&G have gone :)
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 12:28:51 am »
Haven't bought a thing - maybe it's been so long that we've boycotted, but I just don't see - or rather feel - the need to buy official club stuff anymore.

I'd rather buy an 'internet terrorist' tshirt off ebay, or a similar top from the HJC shop or one of the street traders.

As for going the game? - I will when money isn't so tight, and hopefully after Roy is gone - so we can watch a team at least try and play in The Liverpool Way once more.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 11:13:04 am »
It's a good thread Jaffod.

G&H had to go, but some of the angst against them was broader, about football in general. NESV are not going to reduce the £43 it costs to sit on the Kop.There was no concensus for a manager pre-Roy, that is going to be the same post-Roy. A new stadium still needs to be built. Does Torres stay or go? There is no bright new dawn, just a different type of fog. And some still hang on to the past, stay at Anfield, appoint Kenny,Rafa back, as the emotionally easy options, rather than grip the challenges of the future.

I never boycotted, but I know those who did. Match going is a habit, and an expensive one, and it is the die hards who have been alienated.Once that habit is broken its difficult to rekindle. Merchandise? Its a bit like having the name of your bird tatooed on your arm - only for her to leave you. Next time you're a bit wiser.

The best thing that has happened is that the fans have found a voice in SOS. Whether,and how, that is sustained remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:20:55 pm by xerxes1 »
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 10:33:28 pm »
Had boycotted. Went to goodison on sunday in the everton end, only then cos someone who owed me money give me a ticket. Looked on the website on monday at tickets, loads of games available, including chelsea at home, but you know what i just couldn't be arsed paying 40 to 45 quid to sit in silence in a ground were half the people there don't seem arsed about whats going on, watching 11 millionaires run round the pitch. Its really not cos we are playing shit, it mainly because its daylight robbery and your sitting there with absoloute weapons. I can go the boozer with my mates have a few pints, better atmosphere for half the money. I can actually afford it a bit more than most as i'm not on bad dough, but my mates are on lower incomes or unemployed and find it hard.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 08:07:51 pm »
My lad wants and can have the home shirt now. Quite happy to get it for him.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 08:15:07 pm »
i bought a new scarf to see in the new era.  £8 quid in club coffers.  cha ching.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 08:56:41 pm »
We've boycotted both matches and any official merchandise, since the takeover we haven't bought anything or have any motivation to start going to Anfield again, can't explain why that is though.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 09:07:13 pm »
Boycotted all cup games under the last regime, and now I've reversed that to go and support the boys....... I think they need all the support they can get right now.

I've been collecting Liverpool kits for a decade now. I have 170.  I collected them long before Tom and Gerry arrived and I'll be collecting them long after their gone(finances allowing).
Now that the boycott is over, I decided to splash out. Even though I'm a bit skint right now, I've just purchased the two away kits in full.

Fuck me. £117.00 for a full adult kit with all the trimmings.

I'm sure that most of yopu will be looking at me and thinking, wanker. Paying that amount for a full official kit when theres so much better and cheaper alternatives on the market, but hey, thats my choice.
LFC kits are one of the few things that I actually splash out on, and as I've got every kit back to the mid 70s (+ a couple of 60s ones), there is no way I'm leaving a space in the collection unless the kit is unavailable to me.

As I'm sure that anyone who 'collects' other things will understand. As a serious collector, you want at least one of everything, and condition is important. Mint condition is the ultimate for any collector.

Richie . . . . . . analy retentive?
When it comes to my kit collection, damn right I am.

It's cost me a small fortune to put together, and taken me over a decade to do so.

So one each of these.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2010, 03:50:56 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 03:38:47 am »
I'm a season ticket holder but I've never bought a lot inside the ground or in the club shop anyway because I find it way overpriced. I've gone through periods on and off since I was a kid were I'd buy the home or away shirts for a few years then likewise go another few years without buying them. Last shirt I bought was the last Reebok one, the red one we wore in Istanbul. That was when I was 23 and obviously a couple of years before H&G. I've been tempted to buy the fake Chinese shirts over the last few years but have refrained. My reason being that even though H&G wouldn't have profited from the sale I still saw them as being a kind of advert for the "official H&G shirt". ie If you've got a fake Chinese shirt on then nobody can tell whether it's real or not and I didn't want to have any part in encouraging people to buy official shirts. Probably will start buying the Chinese shirts now H&G are gone. The saving (vs. cost of offical shirt) can be put towards going an away or cup game.

I've always made sure I buy my food and drink outside the ground as it's much cheaper. Since H&G took over I've bought a grand total of two bottles of mineral water inside the ground. I felt guilty on both occasions but I'd been incredibly dehydrated from a boozing session the night before and was that thirsty I didn't have much of an option. If so I wouldn't have bought those either. I used to buy programmes, at least at big matches. I stopped buying them for all matches under H&G but will probably go back to buying them for the big games again.

I deliberated over boycotting the cup games this season. A couple of my mates have but my lad is 8yr old now and he doesn't like watching football on TV but he likes going to events such as theatre / cinema / matches so I figured that I had to catch him now and take him along otherwise football could pass him by and in years to come, after H&G had long gone, he might not have caught that love affair for LFC I'm hoping will happen and I'd end up regretting it. Nevertheless I still had to swallow hard paying that £11.99 for a members card for him. I'm still bitter at Ian Ayre for that.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 3, 2010, 10:54:30 pm »
Napoli tomorrow. Bought the ticket the day after NESV took over. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline BernardGarcia

• Anny Roader
  • Bound By Wild Desire
« Reply #22 on: November 4, 2010, 08:52:35 am »
Had boycotted. Went to goodison on sunday in the everton end, only then cos someone who owed me money give me a ticket. Looked on the website on monday at tickets, loads of games available, including chelsea at home, but you know what i just couldn't be arsed paying 40 to 45 quid to sit in silence in a ground were half the people there don't seem arsed about whats going on, watching 11 millionaires run round the pitch. Its really not cos we are playing shit, it mainly because its daylight robbery and your sitting there with absoloute weapons. I can go the boozer with my mates have a few pints, better atmosphere for half the money. I can actually afford it a bit more than most as i'm not on bad dough, but my mates are on lower incomes or unemployed and find it hard.

an excellent summary of how I feel and the reason why this year may well be my last. not really one for replica shirts, for the same place id rather go and get myself a nice BOSS t-shirt!
Love to see that lad kiss his wrist!

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 4, 2010, 09:21:16 am »
not really into replica shirts...could be from my dad nearly having a heart attack when i, as a kid, asked for one.
"£30 for a nylon t-shirt.....?"
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!