Author Topic: Spyin' Kop Liverpool Vs. Portsmouth (Wednesday, October 29 8:00 Local Time)  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Ozzy_Red

• about Sharon in OK magazine again.. Not the sharpest shrimp on the barbie but probably the most irritating
  • Legacy Fan
  • A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics
Hi all! Here's this midweeks Spyin' Kop. The Pompey boys are a top bunch, had to go around to quite a few forums, but this is what I came up with.

VS

Thanks to the great Pompey lads that replied to my various post in their forums. I met 3 awesome lads; Fratton_Boy, Pompeiimouth and Jostle.

How has the season been shaping up so far?

Fratton_Boy: A bit inconsistant, but we are in a decent league position, hopefully we can get some consistant results going, then we can push upwards.

Pompeiimouth: OK, 50-50. We have been a bit hit-and-miss, the disappointing flogging by City the main low. But with Harry leaving us out of nowhere, I doubt we will be able to improve.

Jostle: Fine, we need to put a few wins together, a decent CC or FA Cup run(s) would be very good, but we shall see.

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

Fratton_Boy: We want to make the Uefa Cup again, by league position or Cup victory I don't care, just want us playing European football. A Cup would be very nice though  :)

Pompeiimouth: As a few others have said, we want to make the Uefa Cup, a top 6 or 7 finish is crucial, that should guarentee us a spot.

Jostle: Not as optimistic as the others, I just want us to stay in the top half, no-where near the relegation area at all!

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Fratton_Boy: Defoe and Diarra, Defoe has been brilliant since he came, he's a terrific striker! Might be off in Jan to Spurs with Diarra though!

Pompeiimouth: Diarra is crucial to us, when he plays good, Pompey play good.

Jostle: Yes Diarra is crucial to us, but David James is also key, his saves have got us out of many-a-hole.
Your worst player(s)?

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

Fratton_Boy:

James
Kaboul
Johnson
Cambell
Distin
Diop
Kranjcar
Diarra
Davis
Crouch
Defoe

Pompeiimouth:

James
Traore
Campbell
Johnson
Distin
Bouba Diop
Diarra
Davis
Utaka
Crouch
Defoe

Jostle:

Um... James obviously in goal, with the dynamic duo up top, Diarra bossing the midfield and Cambell and Distin keepin it tight at the back.

What your opinion on the Harry Redknapp to Spurs news?

Fratton_Boy: I am right pissed, this will probably screw our season, he left us in the dry and it hurts.

Pompeiimouth: I thought he would be loyal, but he obviously isn't, sad news, some aren't surprised, but I certainly didn't expect it.

Jostle: I had respect, but now its gone, good manager, but doesn't known the meaning of the word loyalty.

Is there a Liverpool player you particularly like or dislike?

Fratton_Boy: I thought Fowler was class, love Carragher. But something about Steven Gerrard always pisses me off.

Pompeiimouth: I love watching Torres play, loved Dalgish as a kid, but I don't really love or hate anyone of your players.

Jostle: Xabi Alonso comes across as a twat, but I have no problem with the others.

Whats your opinion of our much publicised ownership shitefest?

Fratton_Boy: Don't really follow the situation much, but I bet you lot wish you sold to Dubai know, eh?

Pompeiimouth: I think your owners (like the glazers) are a disgrace to football.

Jostle: Don't really follow the situation either, but from what I have seen that Gilette guy is a typical American turd.

Where do you expect yourselves -  and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

Fratton_Boy: You probably just don't have enough depth to keep title-winning consistantcy, but you have looked great so far. Us, we are very inconsistant, and with our manager going, I honestly have no idea. I'll take a punt and say you 2nd behing Chelsea and us around 7th or 8th.

Pompeiimouth: You lot proved that you can do it when you beat Chelsea, I wouldn't be surprised if you went all the way. We just need to start winning football matches regularly and we'll be in the top 7.

Jostle: You 3rd, Us: 9th

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

Fratton_Boy: Usually I would say Torres, but he's out, ey. Gerrard has freakish ability, and Babel is one of those players that can change a game, you should start him more often.

Pompeiimouth: Obviously your "two-man-team"

Jostle: Seen Steven Gerrard destroy AC Milan and basically win the European Cup by himself. I fear Gerrard very much so!

Care to predict the score?

Fratton_Boy: I think it will be close, but you'll edge it 2-1

Pompeiimouth: You will kick our arse 3 or 4 nil

Jostle: I think it will be close, but you'll win it late, 2-0.

One again thanks to everyone on the Pompey forums that replied.

For the record, I reckon we will win in 4-1, Gerrard, Kuyt, Keane and Babel. Crouchie for them.
Rarfer out! Go the Liverpool Reds Football Franchise!

Wanker : Manchester United fan. Follower of Manchester United. Denzien of Manchester. More likely to know more about white dog poo than football.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
Cheers for that.  That Chelsea win seems to be pushing us up the league table in people's predictions.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
Jostle: Xabi Alonso comes across as a twat, but I have no problem with the others.

:o :o :o

Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I'm sure he means Fat Lampard.

Pompeiimouth: Obviously your "two-man-team"

Some just didn't get it, do they?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline i6uuaq

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Hmm... what's this personal text thing, then?
quite shocked at the xabi reference too. what did he ever do?

i think since "two-man-team" was in inverted commas, it wasn't meant in the usual sense. my guess is that he was just using the convenient phrase to label our most-feared players.
"I've not seen it and I'm not being Arsene Wenger," Dalglish said. "If there's something untoward then I am sure the governing body will act appropriately."

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"Jostle: Xabi Alonso comes across as a twat, but I have no problem with the others."

Didn't really expect that  :o

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Ta for that mate

Online Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As noted, don't get the Alonso comment.. /shrug

Thanks, always enjoy these.

@Yvanicuzz

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
"Jostle: Xabi Alonso comes across as a twat, but I have no problem with the others."

Didn't really expect that  :o

He's not their player so they don't watch him all the time. We see him in training, read his interviews and get what he's trying to do on the pitch. We know he's humble and totally focussed on the football.

For someone from another team who just see him standing off, not smiling, not joking about on the pitch and generally being difficult to deal with despite not being flashy, yeah, I can see where they are coming from. He has a nose & face that looks a bit like he's looking down on you, he always keeps his head well up which reinforces that so that could annoy some too.

Add in the fact that he's a card magnet for opponent's that just can't deal with his this season. If you think he's a foreign ponse who's putting it on just to get opponents sent off then you could think he's a twat.

I'd like to see Barry come to Liverpool but not at the expense of Xabi. He'll do a number on Portsmouth tonight too. He's on fire right now.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
Cheers Ozzy Red.
Don't realy get the Alonso comment either.. can't remember a specific incident when we've played Pompey that might account for it.. perhaps it's as Zimagic has said and the red cards this season are perceived as being 'bought' - or maybe the fact that he tries to score from his own half!! :D

I like this prediction:
Pompeiimouth: You will kick our arse 3 or 4 nil
;D
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
What's Xabi done?

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
What's Xabi done?
Got people sent off!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
Got people sent off!

note to Xabi, "playmaker" @ LFC means U mustnt get the other players sent off for diving in trying to break your legs...

good report, hope the team goes into the game 100 % like sunday so we will get the 3 points, come on U REDS..
YNWA
Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
Cheers! Good read.   :)
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline RyanO2151

• Anny Roader
Well, the fact that Xabi continues to draw red cards may show that there is something in the twat comment. Maybe he's just "one of those guys" if you're not a Liverpool fan?
Re: Liverpool v Wigan: confirmed team, pre- and in-match comments and discussion
« Reply #914 on: Today at 04:00:36 PM » 
If Rafa walked away from Liverpool, I want Steve Bruce to replace him! I know he looks ugly, but imagine what he can do if he were given resources as much as Rafa was given.
cakmin

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
Short and sweet, and straight to the point.  Good read as always, Cheers Ozzy..