Author Topic: Torres: Don't rush Gerrard back too soon  (Read 14457 times)

Offline Dante79

• Main Stander
  • Nunca Caminaras Solo
Re: Torres: Don't rush Gerrard back too soon
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2009, 06:55:52 am »
Don't play him at Real for the first leg. Play him in the second at home and he'll tear them apart (not unlike his hamstring)

Mazz

We need him for the first leg...first leg is the most important game cause we gotta to go get a result at the Bernabeu
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."  Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2009, 07:05:35 am »
We need him for the first leg...first leg is the most important game cause we gotta to go get a result at the Bernabeu
anything other than a loss and 0-0 will do fine.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dante79

• Main Stander
  • Nunca Caminaras Solo
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2009, 07:08:05 am »
anything other than a loss and 0-0 will do fine.

Yea, we need to get a draw with at least 1 goal..even a 2-1 loss wouldnt be that bad cause am sure we wil finish them at Anfield
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."  Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2009, 07:10:12 am »
Yea, we need to get a draw with at least 1 goal..even a 2-1 loss wouldnt be that bad cuase am sure we wil finish them at Anfield
indeed, 2-1 is probably better than 0-0 with all things considered.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2009, 10:20:03 am »
----------------------Reina---------------------

Arbeloa------Carragher---Skrtel--------Agger

---------------Aurelio-------Mascherano---------

Kuyt--------------Lucas---------------Riera

Torres

Highly unlikely but.....it would be neat to see :wave

On current form Yossi has to play, dude
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2009, 10:30:03 am »
On current form Yossi has to play, dude

Not sure bro.  I would rather have Kuyt wear them down and Benny break their ankles in the last 20.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline Dante79

• Main Stander
  • Nunca Caminaras Solo
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2009, 11:50:17 am »
The way Yossi is playing he should start at the Bernabeu

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2009, 11:55:01 am »
indeed, 2-1 is probably better than 0-0 with all things considered.
How exactly is that.

If we draw 0-0 at Anfield who goes through ?

What about a 3-2 win at home ?

0-0 would be a great result over there and we can get that without Gerrard. Alonso and Mascherano are key to the away tie and whichever full back is marking Robben.

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2009, 12:01:55 pm »
How exactly is that.

0-0 would be a great result over there and we can get that without Gerrard. Alonso and Mascherano are key to the away tie and whichever full back is marking Robben.

losing 2-1 is better than a 0-0 away in my book. i can see us scoring at Anfield and not conceeding. I very much doubt that either game will get to the heights of 3-2. Both games i would have thought would be like the Atletico games earlier in the season but i can see us winning at Anfield especially if it went to extra time
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2009, 12:54:21 pm »
losing 2-1 is better than a 0-0 away in my book. i can see us scoring at Anfield and not conceeding.
Except it just isn't is it ?

At 0-0 after an hour in the second leg, what score would you want the first leg to be ?

Could you see the 2nd leg being 2-1 to us ?

I could but with your result it would be a draw and extra time whereas with mine we're through.

2-1 defeat is not better than 0-0 in any circumstances. It's a stupid thing to say.

0-0 away from home is better if the second leg is 0-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 etc.

2-1 is not better under any score in the second leg.

Offline aliverbirduponmychest

• Kopite
  • A team that plays total football.
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2009, 01:04:54 pm »
I have no worries going into this type of game. Rafa will wipe the floor with Ramos. We'll win it in the last few minutes. It's the Boro and Sunderland games I'd worry about, especially if he isn't fit for them.

Dead right, No probs against Madrid, I'll be biting my nails during the Boro and Sunderland games!
SoS membership number 4158
JFT 96

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2009, 01:05:15 pm »
How exactly is that.

at 0-0 or 2-1 down we still have to score, the difference with 2-1 is that you have the buffer of the away goal.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2009, 01:09:08 pm »
at 0-0 or 2-1 down we still have to score, the difference with 2-1 is that you have the buffer of the away goal.
At 0-0 you don't have to score. It goes to pens. In tight ties that can be important.

Didn't we qualify for this year's CL proper with 2 0-0 draws v Standard Liege ?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2009, 01:21:57 pm »
At 0-0 you don't have to score. It goes to pens. In tight ties that can be important.
That's true mate, but an away goal in Europe is as important as not conceding
what the away goal does is give you a buffer if the worst may happen and we concede at home.
At 0-0 we have no room for error. Considering the caliber of the teams left in the CL, I'd take an away goal over a 0-0 anyday.

Offline lvcjmac

• Legacy Fan
  • Pennsylvania Kopite
    • Local Internet Marketing
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2009, 02:12:20 pm »

Didn't we qualify for this year's CL proper with 2 0-0 draws v Standard Liege ?

Nope, deadly Dirk scored in the 118th minute of the second leg before we got to Pens.
18 time English Champions | 5 time European Champions | 3 UEFA Cups | 7 FA Cups | 8 League Cups

Offline lvcjmac

• Legacy Fan
  • Pennsylvania Kopite
    • Local Internet Marketing
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2009, 02:17:23 pm »
I'm not a big fan of 0-0 on the road (Lord knows we can 0-0 with the best of them, arghh!); the away goal is such a huge thing to have over two legs.  That being said, I'd rather come out of the first leg with a 0-0 as opposed to trailing by a goal.

Over the past few years, we've show a the ability to come up with an away goal.  We didn't get one against Liege this fall, and I believe the last time before that we didn't grab an away goal was at Stamford Bridge en route to the Athens final?

18 time English Champions | 5 time European Champions | 3 UEFA Cups | 7 FA Cups | 8 League Cups

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2009, 03:29:46 pm »
Nope, deadly Dirk scored in the 118th minute of the second leg before we got to Pens.
The point was after 90 mins it was 0-0 and had we lost the first the tie 2-1 we'd have been out. Simple as that.

Dirk wouldn't have had the chance to score had we lost the first leg (as we should have).

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2009, 03:32:02 pm »
That's true mate, but an away goal in Europe is as important as not conceding
what the away goal does is give you a buffer if the worst may happen and we concede at home.
At 0-0 we have no room for error. Considering the caliber of the teams left in the CL, I'd take an away goal over a 0-0 anyday.

It may seem that way and I know what you are trying to say but it's just not true. A defeat can never be a better result than a draw in a 2 legged tie. There is no score in the 2nd leg that favours a narrow away defeat even with an away goal.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2009, 03:46:00 pm »
It may seem that way and I know what you are trying to say but it's just not true. A defeat can never be a better result than a draw in a 2 legged tie. There is no score in the 2nd leg that favours a narrow away defeat even with an away goal.
were gonna have to agree to disagree on this one mate, this reds not for turning  :P

though I'd take a 2 -0 away victory at Madrid to blow both our arguments right out the water. 

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2009, 03:48:29 pm »
were gonna have to agree to disagree on this one mate, this reds not for turning  :P

though I'd take a 2 -0 away victory at Madrid to blow both our arguments right out the water. 
Ditto

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2009, 03:53:39 pm »

2-1 away/1-0 at home, no? Unless I've misunderstood you.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2009, 04:02:00 pm »
Except it just isn't is it ?

At 0-0 after an hour in the second leg, what score would you want the first leg to be ?

Could you see the 2nd leg being 2-1 to us ?

I could but with your result it would be a draw and extra time whereas with mine we're through.

2-1 defeat is not better than 0-0 in any circumstances. It's a stupid thing to say.

0-0 away from home is better if the second leg is 0-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 etc.

2-1 is not better under any score in the second leg.

I agree , when is a defeat better than a draw ... never .