Author Topic: Thank you to all LFC supporters who made the trip.  (Read 1855 times)

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
Thank you to all LFC supporters who made the trip.
« on: June 26, 2008, 05:23:29 pm »
On returning from our recent Friendship trip to Moenchengladbach, it occured to me that I thanked a lot of people for their great help and hospitality during our 4 days in Moenchengladbach.

From the Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters and the people of the City of Moenchengladbach for their friendship and hospitality, My good friends, Jonny Polcher from the BMG Fan-Projekt, and Thomas Weinmann and Jan Ruoff, Borussia MG officials for their help in organising the trip.
Thorsten Knippertz, BMG stadium announcer and the Borussia MG President Rolf Koenigs and Vice-President Siegfried Soellner, who came down pitch-side to greet us.

I also thanked Dave, manager of the Irish Pub in Gladbach for his superb hospitality even though he is a Blue!!  Also Leeds supporter Chris - a Irish Pub regular.
The people I did not thank, but who I should also of thanked were the supporters of our great club, all of which were absolutely fantastic ambassadors for not just Liverpool Football Club but also for the City of Liverpool, well done every one of you.
I know from the feedback I have received that it was noticed and observed how well all the LFC supporters behaved.
Once again well done to everyone who made this years Friendship trip, hope to see you all again in Moenchengladbach in 2009.
Cheers, Graham Agg (Friendship trip organiser)

For those people who wish to read about this years trip - read the report below below:-

2008 Liverpool FC supporters Friendship visit to Moenchengladbach - REPORT.

Once again, for the 2nd consecutive year the LFC supporters Friendship visit to see our friends from Moenchengladbach was an "outstanding success", stated LFC supporters Moenchengladbach Friendship trip organiser Graham Agg.

There has been a very special friendship between the two clubs supporters since Borussia and Liverpool met in Borussia‘s glory days of the 70‘s. Liverpool played Borussia Moenchengladbach in the 1973 UEFA cup final triumphing 3-2 on aggregate and they also met in the 1977 European cup final in the eternal city of Rome, Liverpool again winning their first European cup 3-1. They were also to meet the following year in the 1978 European cup semi-final, again the Reds winning 4-2 on aggregate.

Since then there has been a continuous special friendship between the two sets of supporters.

Every year since 1992, the Borussia supporters have visited Anfield during the German Bundesliga winter break to support the Reds and it should also NEVER be forgotten that in 1991 a delegation of Borussia MG supporters flew to Liverpool to present the Hillsborough Families with a cheque for 21000 Deutsch Marks (approximately £8000) in the aftermath of the disaster.

The 2008 LFC supporters Friendship visit fortunately coincided with a massive Borussia promotion party in the City Centre of Moenchengladbach after Borussia‘s immediate promotion back to the top flight of German football after the previous seasons relegation. An estimated crowd of 95000 people crammed into the centre of Moenchengladbach to welcome the promoted Borussia team, amongst them 50 Liverpool supporters who went to Gladbach on their annual Friendship visit.

The friendship visit also included a stadium tour, a meeting with ex-Liverpool player Christian Ziege, now Sports Director at Borussia MG, also there was an all-day LFC/BMG Fan party and an appearance for a number of LFC supporters on the Borussia Park pitch just 20 minutes before Borussia‘s last home match of the 2007/2008 season versus SC Freiburg.
Friendship trip organser Graham Agg was interviewed on the pitch and conveyed in German to the 54000 capacity attendance how proud the Liverpool supporters are of a 30 year plus friendship with the Gladbach supporters. The Liverpool supporters then unveiled a specially commissioned "Friendship flag" that they proceeded to show to the entire 4 sides of the impressive Borussia Park. The amazing Gladbach supporters responded by singing a faultless version of "You‘ll never walk alone" and chanting "Liverpool, Liverpool" to their Liverpool friends.
The LFC fans also handed out during the weekend, special "Friendship" badges to their Borussia Moenchengladbach counterparts with the words "two clubs, one family" inscribed on them.

Agg also said he wished to thank all the Borussia supporters and the citizens of the City of Moenchengladbach for their friendliness and hospitality during their stay, and congratulate Borussia‘s on their promotion to the German Bundesliga top flight.
Particular thanks go to Borussia MG fan liaision officer Thomas "Tower" Weinmann, Thomas "Jonny" Polcher and Tanja Polcher, from the Borussia MG Fan-Projekt , and also Liverpool supporters Pat Link and Gary Johnston who also helped to organise the Friendship weekend.

Liverpool FC supporters Friendship trip spokesperson and Friendship organiser Graham Agg was interviewed by Borussia Park stadium announcer Thorsten Knippertz and was also introduced to Borussia Moenchengladabch President Rolf Koenigs and Vice-President Siegfried Soellner.
Borussia Moenchengladbach Fan-Projekt official Jonny Polcher accepted the Friendship flag present on behalf of the Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters club.

LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT
LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP

To see the video‘s and pictures of the Liverpool FC supporters on their visit, please click the links and see below:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yb5ERIvod8&feature=related

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Q2CWlTMRE&feature=related

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mdvn_xPBoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyX2Gr5aDQM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mdvn_xPBoc&feature=related

http://www.german-reds.de/berichte/2008/2008-05-11_mgb.htm

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:50:34 pm by grahamlfc »
Liverpool FC & Borussia MG - a friendship unique in world football

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
Re: Thank you to all LFC supporters who made the trip.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 05:33:13 pm »
Thanks for that Graham, think its brilliant that the relationship has lasted 30 years and is still going strong. Kudos for addressing 54000 people in German too. :)
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 05:37:02 pm »
Class this. Well-in for doing more than your fair share as well mate
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:39:41 am »
heard about this year on year on lfc.tv so nice to see some videos
well done lads and lasses you've done us proud and you looked like you were treated well as always

haven't heard much of YNWA since the season finished, well, being sung at a ground anyways!! not a bad rendition and still managed to bring a tear to my eye just like the first time i heard it

Thanks for all the info so far on your trip and i hope your still up for organising more in the future, well done on the fluent german not that i know any myself but you did well in front of 54000 odd!!
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 05:53:42 pm »
Was thte Irish bar called kIRWINS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ?
Fucking cap locks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline Mojo Pin

• Main Stander
  • SOS Member No.231
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:19:11 pm »
Stuff like this really is fantastic. Really love all the efforts made on European aways too. The idea of attempting to build friendly relations with teams we play (as opposed to the footballing convention of simply attempting to antagonize opposing fans,) really is wonderful. Fantastic ambassadors for our club and our city. I love chanting the away teams name at Anfield after a European game, and it seems like something the away fans really appreciate. I'll never forget the ovation we gave Barca, and perhaps more importantly, the ovation they gave us in return, and Juve down at the end of the main stand throwing scarfs across to each other. I'm not gonna spout the usual bollocks about us being special fans blah blah blah, but the efforts many go to, Illustrated by this incredible bond with Gladbach, and some wonderful moments of class in acknowledging other teams, for me define what it is to be a Kopite, and something I am very much appreciative of. So well in!
"Its not over til its over."

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 02:38:12 pm »
Thanks lads for the great comments, I will be organising another Friendship visit to Moenchengladbach for next year so if you'd like to join us you are very welcome.
Liverpool FC & Borussia MG - a friendship unique in world football