Poll

PGMOL are shite. Utter total fucking dog poo levels of shite.. so..

.. seen the women running the game. Better at officiating. Better at managing players. Better at everything. Bin PGMOL. Get the women in involved
Women certainly should be at least be making up most of the officiating. Much better than the men
Women are about as good as the men. They should have at least 50% of the work
The men are better than the women, but women should have a say of some of the work
PGMOL are awesome.
MD1999 Sucks donkeys

Author Topic: Women in football!  (Read 869 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Women in football!
« on: August 28, 2023, 10:39:05 am »
I've been massively impressed by the women involved with football. They are fitter, faster and their determination of the rules is great. They seem to multi-task much better than the men in the game and I think it's time to fuck off the 40 and 50 year old fuckwitted shitbags and get people in that can actually do the job and do it well.

Women in football are clearly, clearly miles better than the men who just can't keep up.

The other option might be to get rid of the old fuckers and get young refs in that know the rules.

PGMOL clearly don't and they get worse every fucking week.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 10:41:35 am by Andy @ Allerton! »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Women in football!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 10:47:44 am »
I think the whole premise is sexist. It should be based on merit and gender shouldn’t come into it.

Women are no less likely to hold ridiculous biases just like the men.

One thing I will say, referees should have more stringent fitness standards to keep up with play, they should essentially be high-level in terms of fitness and into your mid-late 40s and 50s, not only is your eyesore diminished, you naturally struggle to maintain high-levels of fitness relative to the athletes they’re officiating.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 11:52:51 am »
I think the whole premise is sexist. It should be based on merit and gender shouldn’t come into it.

Women are no less likely to hold ridiculous biases just like the men.

One thing I will say, referees should have more stringent fitness standards to keep up with play, they should essentially be high-level in terms of fitness and into your mid-late 40s and 50s, not only is your eyesore diminished, you naturally struggle to maintain high-levels of fitness relative to the athletes they’re officiating.

The women might be unproven, but they are also unproven to be as biased, unprofessional and outright shite as the men.

I say get rid of PGMOL and get people in that can do a proper job.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 12:24:45 pm »
The women might be unproven, but they are also unproven to be as biased, unprofessional and outright shite as the men.

I say get rid of PGMOL and get people in that can do a proper job.
I agree PGMOL should be scrapped, but why does it need to be centred around a gender debate?

It needs to be almost shipped out to a third party who has no ties or allegiance to any organisation, where the refs are far more heavily vetted and penalised in extremis if they’re poor, with super-transparency as to their background, and paid handsomely for it.

I’m also of the idea that an entirely non-English set of refs would help with the clear biases at play amongst the English refs.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 12:30:42 pm »
I agree PGMOL should be scrapped, but why does it need to be centred around a gender debate?

It needs to be almost shipped out to a third party who has no ties or allegiance to any organisation, where the refs are far more heavily vetted and penalised in extremis if they’re poor, with super-transparency as to their background, and paid handsomely for it.

I’m also of the idea that an entirely non-English set of refs would help with the clear biases at play amongst the English refs.

Possibly. All I'm going off is that after seeing women officials in several competitions over maybe 60 or 70 games, they have all been absolutely excellent.

You can see what they are thinking. Their decisions are rational and reasonable. Their handling of the players is excellent. They haven't shown any ego or 'I'm the fucking boss' shit that the men always do and they have been impeccable.

This is 60 or 70 games. Yeah they've made the odd mistake, of course they have, but you can see they are honest mistakes.

I'm sorry, I'm a bloke in my 50s myself and men have shown themselves to be utterly unable to control a game, utterly unable to make correct decisions, utterly unable to follow their own rules and utterly unable to work with players.

Kick them into fucking touch. If they can't do the fucking job then fucking bin them. In any other industry, anyone that fucking rank would be fucking sacked.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 12:44:46 pm »
White refs are terrible. We should only have black refs from now on.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 12:50:18 pm »
White refs are terrible. We should only have black refs from now on.

Refs with 2 functioning arms are just as bad. We should only have one armed refs.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 12:52:33 pm »
Possibly. All I'm going off is that after seeing women officials in several competitions over maybe 60 or 70 games, they have all been absolutely excellent.

You can see what they are thinking. Their decisions are rational and reasonable. Their handling of the players is excellent. They haven't shown any ego or 'I'm the fucking boss' shit that the men always do and they have been impeccable.

This is 60 or 70 games. Yeah they've made the odd mistake, of course they have, but you can see they are honest mistakes.

I'm sorry, I'm a bloke in my 50s myself and men have shown themselves to be utterly unable to control a game, utterly unable to make correct decisions, utterly unable to follow their own rules and utterly unable to work with players.

Kick them into fucking touch. If they can't do the fucking job then fucking bin them. In any other industry, anyone that fucking rank would be fucking sacked.
lol your literally being sexist against your own gender, Just get the best officials dont care about color or gender

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 12:53:31 pm »
Daft poll options

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2023, 12:54:24 pm »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2023, 02:25:36 pm »