Author Topic: Football Specials  (Read 24490 times)

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Football Specials
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2012, 07:51:24 pm »
I thought you would know them ive got a mate called mell who still goes he says he sees them now and again  i think he said hes seen them in the park at the back of the kop or maybe the stanley give them both a  :wave from me.
Will do mate :wave

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2012, 08:01:54 pm »
I remember the Charity Shield at Wembley 77 first chance to av a look at Kenny.
Played the Mancs,went by train to Wembley central.
After the game back to Wembley central,Mancs on one platform us on the one opposite,very moody.
The trains come in side by side and all hands hanging out the windows throwing punches at each other.
Some things never change.
went on the coach for that one,on the way down stopped at hilton park services,think it was prearranged, christ what a battle,when it finished there were loads of the massive tea urns that had been thrown the windows, down the stairs, a river of tea/coffee,place was wrecked!!

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:22 am »
Is it a bird is it a plane no its Bomber on a train train just stopped at st helens coming to liverpool to watch match in walkabout concert square hardly slept last night decided to get the early train looked on website and all trains from liverpool to london look like there on time very nervous just read on sky sports news that david moyes thinks the all country will be rooting for everton im texting on my samsung galaxy s good job ive got a spare battery is there any tales of the train journeys this morning come on you redmen  :wave
Still got the scar on the back off my head from Blackbeards truncheon all the Liverpool lads used 2 call me the Lancaster Bomber, some of the lads know me as Marsy as my full name is Graham Marsden no relation to Gerry Im 54.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2012, 09:24:46 am »
First time we went on a Special as a group of young lads, was the 2.1 win for us, first game of the season at Luton, was that 1974? Tommy Smith scored can't remember who scored the other for us.

Up till then, we'd tended to go by Lawrenson's coaches in Stanley Road, in Bootle by the Sea. Can remember one year Newcastle away, we won yet again, 2.1. Coach stopped at the services on the way up North and two individuals from Lancaster got on and, the two individuals used to travel all over the land with us back then.   
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2012, 08:13:12 am »
Rome 77 special ticket.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »
Have recollections of the train being bricked by mancs standing on the top of the embankment near Old Trafford in mid 80s. You could see them in the distance and everyone ducked as we got closer to the bricks pelting down.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2012, 03:42:02 pm »
That Wolves title decider 1976.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:15 pm »
Transalpino ticket for the European Cup Final Paris 81.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
Ipswich away 1976 special ticket.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2012, 05:57:50 pm »
Transalpino ticket for the European Cup Final Paris 81.
  Remember going on a transalpino to our pre season in 1979 set of on the monday the first game was in moenchengladbach on the wednesday we won 4-2 it was then onto gelsenkirken the home of schalke 04 were there was a tournament between schalke liverpool feyenoord and benfica we played feyenoord on a friday night won on pens then on the sunday played benfica in the final and lost on pens we set of sunday night on the train via hamburg to denmark were we played in odense on the tuesday were we won 5-2 left denmark wednesday morning got back to london thursday morning and stayed in london 2 nights and we played arsenal in the charity shield at wembley we won 3-1.
Still got the scar on the back off my head from Blackbeards truncheon all the Liverpool lads used 2 call me the Lancaster Bomber, some of the lads know me as Marsy as my full name is Graham Marsden no relation to Gerry Im 54.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »
Nice one Tony. I'm impressed. I'm also gutted all me memorabilla disappeared out of me Ma's a few years ago. Remember the Madrid fans bowler hats at that Paris final. Me sister lashed the lot. I could have choked her.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2012, 04:49:23 am »
Must have crossed paths somewhere there Bomber. Do you remember the Halewood lads on the boat?
'Transalpino 1978

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2012, 04:53:44 am »
Think i must have been the first person to get that OCD cos i never threw anything Liverpool away. If anyone is remotely arsed, ive got a load of arl arse stuff i can post on here.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2012, 05:04:41 am »
^ throw them up tony, I'm sure loads are interested. I'm impressed how you got it all stateside.

Some absolute Gems already. Since you went to rome with the halewood lads was that a true story how Kerfoot's arl fella got there on a 2p Platform ticket ?

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2012, 05:22:51 am »
^ throw them up tony, I'm sure loads are interested. I'm impressed how you got it all stateside.

Some absolute Gems already. Since you went to rome with the halewood lads was that a true story how Kerfoot's arl fella got there on a 2p Platform ticket ?

Haha dont know about Kerfoot 77, but Frankie Campbell only had Two Bob in 84.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:58:02 am by tony new mexico »
'Transalpino 1978

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2012, 12:51:27 am »
Must have crossed paths somewhere there Bomber. Do you remember the Halewood lads on the boat?
Remember going from lancaster to london then from london to dover across to ostende were we got a train on the monday about 7am changed at achen for moenchengladbach remember coming back from denmark and stopping of in hamburg for about 4 hours and going round the repperbarn getting approached by the ladys of the night i  tagged on with a group of reds from kent for a few hours one was a regular nicknamed ginger used to see him all over them  special tickets bring memories back and the transalpinos didnt the lads used to pay to ostende and then fill them into anywere that they wanted to go.   :wave

Offline Campione5times

• Boys Pen
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2012, 07:12:07 pm »
Marsy - I remember you very well from them days...there was always a bunch of you Lancaster lads such as Hutch, Tommy, Brendan who would meet up with us in Liverpool and follow the reds everywhere on the ordinary.

You'll remember me as Wheaty and I used to go the match with Gibbo - I've got a really good photo of about 15 of us on the way to the European Cup Final in 1985 - we went a week early if you remember!!

For a couple of seasons we pretty much used to go to all the home games and away games despite half of us being on the dole.

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2012, 07:38:30 pm »
Marsy - I remember you very well from them days...there was always a bunch of you Lancaster lads such as Hutch, Tommy, Brendan who would meet up with us in Liverpool and follow the reds everywhere on the ordinary.

You'll remember me as Wheaty and I used to go the match with Gibbo - I've got a really good photo of about 15 of us on the way to the European Cup Final in 1985 - we went a week early if you remember!!

For a couple of seasons we pretty much used to go to all the home games and away games despite half of us being on the dole.
Alright wheaty remember the name but i cant just picture you,i dont get to the games anymore costs to much these days i still watch on the telly hutch was from barrow in furness he went to live in stoke from the early eighties ive not seen tommy for years i see brendan around the town centre now and again i came to Liverpool last season and watched a few games in the pubs i watched the semi v everton and the cup final v chelsea in the walkabout the semi v everton was fantastic i put a thread on the main forum its called funny songs must go 4 now take care Marsy or the Bomber.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2012, 07:40:40 pm »
I'm too young (just) for the 'Specials' but reading this thread always brings a smile. Some great stories in here.

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2012, 07:48:52 pm »
Wheaty dont get me mixed up with ginger marsy that was shaun marsden hes no relation to me he used to come to the games with hutch brendan and tommy ginger marsy went to live in london not seen him for years im the oldest one of the group didnt they know a guy called winder they knew loads of lads just forgot there names cheers mate  :wave

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2012, 08:00:37 pm »
I'm too young (just) for the 'Specials' but reading this thread always brings a smile. Some great stories in here.
[/quote  You ok mate im texting on my samsung galaxy s dont have a pc at home im going to have to put a few more posts on this thread when i go into the public library in town this week,you was the first person to reply to my fist post only 4 minutes after me posting got some cracking replies i was made up,have you seen my thread on funny songs its in the main forum take care mate  :wave

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2012, 08:14:33 pm »
[/quote  You ok mate im texting on my samsung galaxy s dont have a pc at home im going to have to put a few more posts on this thread when i go into the public library in town this week,you was the first person to reply to my fist post only 4 minutes after me posting got some cracking replies i was made up,have you seen my thread on funny songs its in the main forum take care mate  :wave

HaHa yes I forgot that first post.

Now off to find the 'funny songs' thread

Keep posting the memories, some cracking laughs in here.

Offline Campione5times

• Boys Pen
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »
Hi Marsy,

Apologies mate...was getting you mixed up with the ginger haired one!!! (Me mate Gibbo remembers you really well though)

Re your original post - can remember going on a " Special" from Limey for the European Cup Final v Real Madrid in '81 - you can imagine how it smelled by the time we got to Dover.Think it cost about £30 return and the price included ferry and match ticket- there were loads of them leaving from Liverpool, it was literally like a big red army.

We also had loads of fun on the "Ordinary" - was on that train coming back from Forest when the emergency cord was pulled at Uttoxeter when the jewellers was ransacked.

Can also remember massive numbers 600-800 lads regularly travelling down to London on the 9 o'clock Ordinary out of Limey and having free reign around the streets and pubs in London.

Also been on the other end of the scale and getting off the ordinary with about 10 of us at Middlesborough and staring across the platform at a load of lads and thinking oh shit.

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2012, 04:23:45 pm »
Alright mate thought you might have got mixed up with myself and ginger marsy,im going 2 put a few more posts on this thread when i get more time im typing on my phone dont have a pc at home i will use the computers in the library in town this week..Them special days were fantastic as most fans who text in say they have great memories of travelling on the special trains i also posted a thread called funny songs its in the main forum must go for now take care mate. :wave

Offline Lancaster Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2012, 06:25:52 pm »
Remember going to Leicester in 1975 start of the season september it was 1-1 remember keegan missing a penalty for us,it was the day the mail bags got robbed after the match on Leiecster station.
There were 2 specials and when we got back to the station after the match our train was right next to all these trolleys full of parcels which somehow went missing and made there way onto the train,the floors on the train were all full of brown wrapping paper of the parcels,remember arriving into crewe and Man Utd had been playing at stoke all the heads were out of the windows screaming at these mancs on the platform,i was only 15 at the time i was looking out of the window to see what was going on when i got grabbed by a copper and dragged of the train over the rails onto the platform.

The police dragged about 8 of us off the train and locked us up for about 2 hours took our names then released us,remember there was a man called Gary he will be about 56 now he lived in Widnes i got to know him very well over the years great bloke he was that funny he would make a cat laugh (sorry leo), he had curly hair at the time but  last time i saw him he had a skinhead just like myself he was very well known to all the lads remember seeing him in the blob shop near limey in the late nineties he introduced me to all him mates,this is Bomber he said known him years and when i say years i mean fucking years we got kicked off the the special coming back from Leicester in 1975  :wave