Author Topic: Rafa Frustrated But Remaining Confident  (Read 3799 times)

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
Rafa Frustrated But Remaining Confident
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:57:21 pm »
Rafael Benitez has insisted Liverpool still have a chance of playing in next month's Champions League final despite going down to a one goal defeat at Chelsea.
The two teams will meet at Anfield on Tuesday night with a place in Athens at stake for the winners and with Jose Mourinho's men in the driving seat after their first leg success.

Benitez admits he was disappointed with his team's first half display but encouraged by their improvement after the break which could have been rewarded with an away goal.

"The first half wasn't good for us," he said. "They had chances but it wasn't because they were playing well, it was because we were giving the ball away.

"We spoke before the game about being careful because we know they like to play on the counter-attack, but in that first half we were doing the wrong things and making the wrong decisions.

"In the second half we had a target man and we played better. We had much more control of the game and possibilities to score.

"Now we look forward to Anfield and the chance to play in front of our own fans. We have confidence because we know we're a good team, we know we can score goals and we know we can beat them.

"We'll need to be careful because we know how dangerous they can be on the counter-attack. I don't know what each side's chances are of going through now, I just know we can still do it."

Benitez was frustrated at the lack of protection his defenders received against the physical presence of Didier Drogba, but refused to criticise them for allowing Chelsea to grab the opening goal.

"It's difficult when decisions are going against you. Drogba is a good player and he had a good game, but usually decisions go against the striker in some of the situations we saw tonight.

"When people talk before the game then maybe it puts some pressure on the referee."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155726070425-2224.htm

Rafa is positive.
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: Rafa Frustrated But Remaining Confident
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:59:19 pm »
He has to be positive.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »
I'm positive :)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 04:00:32 pm »
It's reversable. But if Chelsea score the first goal we are fucked, it's as simple as that
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 04:00:37 pm »
I'm nervous

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 04:01:32 pm »
Too fucking right we should be positive.

We ain't out of this game, not by a long shot.

We are Liverpool, by the way.
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline MattLFC08

• Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 04:02:11 pm »
It's reversable. But if Chelsea score the first goal we are fucked, it's as simple as that
If Chelsea score the first goal we need to double our efforts.... simple
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 04:03:45 pm »

If we go a goal down and go on to win the tie it would be the greatest ever thing in football, almost as close as Istanbul if not just as great, considering the challenge

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

Aye.

Always believe.
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline MattLFC08

• Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 04:05:05 pm »
If we go a goal down and go on to win the tie it would be the greatest ever thing in football, almost as close as Istanbul if not just as great, considering the challenge
When the 90 minutes are up, its over, not untill then.

Stay positive everyone!  :wave

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 04:05:52 pm »
I'll be positive..but nervous as fuck while I'm standing above the cockneys in Anfield road on tuesday!

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 04:08:56 pm »
In some ways a 1-0 loss is better than 0-0 ;), gudjohnny could easily of put away that late goal in 2005 and we'd been out. At least we know we where we stand and what we have to do - attack attack attack.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 04:12:52 pm »
Underdogs again, knowing we have to raise our game. Just how I like it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline mctavish

• Kopite
  • get that bus out
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 04:21:48 pm »
I'm sorry.. I'm a bit lost. how is losing 1 nil better than 0 - 0 ?
In some ways a 1-0 loss is better than 0-0 ;), gudjohnny could easily of put away that late goal in 2005 and we'd been out. At least we know we where we stand and what we have to do - attack attack attack.

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 04:54:01 pm »
We must ALL remain confident!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 04:58:17 pm »
Fuckinell you would have thought we were 5-0 down.  I am not coming anywhere near this board if we actually do get knocked out.

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 05:01:05 pm »
in what way?  last time a  1:0 victory meant we were through. This time it will mean Chlsea have yet another 30 minutes to find an away goal to knock us out.

losing 1:0 away is an utterly dreadful result, no two ways of looking at it. Its a defeat without the mitigation of an away goal.

I reckon 8 times out of 10 if you lose 1:0 away then you go out.

And frankly, I dont give our chances next Tuesday as much more than 20%.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 05:11:50 pm »
in what way?  last time a  1:0 victory meant we were through. This time it will mean Chlsea have yet another 30 minutes to find an away goal to knock us out.

losing 1:0 away is an utterly dreadful result, no two ways of looking at it. Its a defeat without the mitigation of an away goal.

there's a reasist for you !  - we are most likely going to need to score 3 goals to go through - that's 3 goals against Chelsea !!!  - just think about that for a bit,  getting through would be as big a deal as beating Milan ....and just as unlikely ;-)
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 05:15:55 pm »
there's a reasist for you !  - we are most likely going to need to score 3 goals to go through - that's 3 goals against Chelsea !!!  - just think about that for a bit,  getting through would be as big a deal as beating Milan ....and just as unlikely ;-)

I would like the stattos here to tell me 3 things:

1.  How many times have Chelsea failed to score away in a knockout European tie?

2. How many times have Chelsea conceded 3 when Cech, Terry and Carvalho have all played?

3.  In fact how many goals in total have Chelsea conceded this season when Cech, Terry and Carvalho have all played?

Thsoe 3 are an unbelievable barrier. Almost impossible to get behind so you have to shoot from in front of them, and then they have the brilliant Cech. The fact that our only chance last night came from 20 yards out, and the fact that it was then (fantastically) saved is a nutshell of our problem next week.  If we need to score 3 aginst them, then frankly forget it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 05:17:32 pm »

Oh do shut up. Why have people on here started talking like Sky Sports? It's a semi final against a team with a better squad than us and it'll be hard if they score but "the greatest ever thing in football..." 

...anyway that phrase is reserved for Manchester United didn't you know...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 05:19:11 pm »

Wa Wa Wa! Grow a pair, ya whiney bitch..

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 05:19:41 pm »

1.  How many times have Chelsea failed to score away in a knockout European tie?

And how many times have Chelsea failed to score against us in Europe? 4 out of 5.

We can keep a clean sheet next week.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 05:21:02 pm »
When the 96 minutes are up, its over, not untill then.

Stay positive everyone!  :wave

;)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 05:26:03 pm »
Wa Wa Wa! Grow a pair, ya whiney bitch..
Succinct and to the point...well done!

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
Rafa is positive
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 05:55:48 pm »
'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

Offline quacky-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 07:04:58 pm »
I would like the stattos here to tell me 3 things:

2. How many times have Chelsea conceded 3 when Cech, Terry and Carvalho have all played?

3.  In fact how many goals in total have Chelsea conceded this season when Cech, Terry and Carvalho have all played?

Thsoe 3 are an unbelievable barrier. Almost impossible to get behind so you have to shoot from in front of them, and then they have the brilliant Cech. The fact that our only chance last night came from 20 yards out, and the fact that it was then (fantastically) saved is a nutshell of our problem next week.  If we need to score 3 aginst them, then frankly forget it.

???
Believe.... The future is RED!

Offline RiversideRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 08:32:28 pm »
Can anyone tell me what Finnan's situation is?  I have looked all over and have found only one quick reference to a minor neck injury.  He was badly missed yesterday.  Also, what was up with Rafa's comments that he has not been consistent recently.  Was he motivating the lad or what?  Hope he is back Tuesday, also so Riise can move up and Zenden will be out.
Has God still got it?
I know a couple of hombres who think so.
Hark the imminent holler from the heavens.
"GOLAAASSSSO!"
"Que Golaso de Robbie Fowler!"

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 08:39:18 pm »
Can anyone tell me what Finnan's situation is?  I have looked all over and have found only one quick reference to a minor neck injury. 

hope this site helps.  Not in depth, but is fairly reliable

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php