Author Topic: Health thread. Concerned.  (Read 514 times)

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Health thread. Concerned.
« on: February 2, 2024, 06:28:21 am »
Hi guys/gals.

I'm not sure this is the right place to put this, or if there's a health thread already but I need some help.

Trying to get an appointment with doctors is a f*cking nightmare at the best of times, not least when I generally work nights.

I've developed a rash on my wrists and whilst the worst thing you can do is Google, I'm fearing the worst.

I've spoken in the last week or two about things I have recently been going through in life, I've suffered a very difficult time for the last month. I want to put it down to stress, but it seems unlikely. Is there anyone out there who I can talk to about this, without having to wait two weeks for a doctor?

Apologies in advance if this is inappropriate or if it should be posted elsewhere.

I've been a member on here for 12 years, an avid reader for years before too. I know you guys are a top class community, even if I don't post a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 06:34:44 am by jonkrux »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Health thread. Concerned.
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2024, 06:57:04 am »
Hi jonkrux,

Sorry to hear you've been going through a tough time.

Have you tried your local pharmacy? If not, I'd try going in and asking for advice from the pharmacist. They're usually good with things like that.

I'm no doctor, but it doesn't sound like anything to be overly worried about. I get skin issues from time to time too. Usually when having a particularly anxious time or because of some kind of allergy / irritant kicking it off.

So yes, I think if a GP appointment can't be obtained, I'd pop into see the pharmacist at the local chemist or ASDA pharmacy to seek some advice.

All the best. Take care of yourself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2024, 08:32:15 am »
Every person's experience is different, but I used 111 when a family member had health issues a few weeks ago.

The operator seemed to go through a yes/no conversation to determine the severity of the issue.

I guess if it flags up as a potential risk to your health they will get you into the doctors, or suggest a pharmacist. That's what the did for us.
Hope it clears up or you get sorted soon.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #3 on: February 2, 2024, 08:43:04 am »

I've spoken in the last week or two about things I have recently been going through in life, I've suffered a very difficult time for the last month. I want to put it down to stress, but it seems unlikely. Is there anyone out there who I can talk to about this, without having to wait two weeks for a doctor?

Are you in the UK? I would echo the shouts to phone 111 - they can get you booked in somewhere locally if they deem it urgent.

And just a note on the above… none of us are doctors but I went through a really stressful time in 2020 culminating in a bereavement and I developed a rash at the time. That was completely down to stress and took months of treatment to get to the bottom of it. Once I was with the Dermatologist, they tried me on different doses and meds to relieve it and calm it down. Stress can definitely do mad things to your body.

Best of luck mate.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4 on: February 2, 2024, 08:48:43 am »
Are you in the UK? ...
His profile says South Wales.  :thumbup
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 2, 2024, 09:30:43 am »
Don't Google anything to do with health. Ever.

No matter what symptoms you search, the result is that you're on death's door or you've got some sort of cancer.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6 on: February 2, 2024, 09:41:45 am »
Don't Google anything to do with health. Ever.

No matter what symptoms you search, the result is that you're on death's door or you've got some sort of cancer.

And advised to follow some weird Californian alternative therapy.

Seriously a rash can be caused by stress or an allergic reaction and are usually easily treated with a prescription skin lotion or possibly antibiotics.

I’d second the advice to go to a pharmacy but if that’s not successful persist in getting an appointment at your GP.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 2, 2024, 09:56:12 am »
For environmental things... have you changed washing powder or softener recently? Have you got a new pack and ingredients have changed? Soaps could be another one to consider, also, ask at work. Could be a cleaner used on a desk?

Could be stress related and I'd second the pharmacy visit or 111. Some doctors are doing online consults now where you can fill in a form and add pictures and then they call you back, mine does this.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 2, 2024, 10:30:11 am »
Pharmacy sounds like a good call. Also you could try a walk-in / minor injuries. You won't get to see a doctor, but an experiencee nurse, and if they think it's dangerous, you might have a reason to push for an early appointment with your GP. Or go to A&E, if it's really bad.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2024, 06:54:06 pm »
Thank you all for your replies ❤️

As I said I work nights so I've been sleeping all day.
I'll take the advice and go to the pharmacy on Monday. I tried calling the doctors and they told me 2 weeks.

As echoed, I shouldn't Google obviously but this rash is prime blood cancer territory

Hope it's just stress related but I'll keep you posted.

Thank you all, once again.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 2, 2024, 08:03:59 pm »
Last year, twice I managed to get a doctors appointment using the NHS app. At 8am I left a message on the app for my GP surgery, they called back within thirty minutes and I had an appointment the same day.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #11 on: February 2, 2024, 08:31:12 pm »
This is so weird, I’ve had a rash on my left wrist for a couple of months now. A few  weeks ago it really flared up and started to look very red and aggressive. In this last week or so, seemingly out of nowhere, it has started to disappear.

Now that it’s easing up I’m pretty sure mine is some sort of skin complaint, rather than anything more ominous. Think about how many times you’re skin comes into contact with something that could aggravate it. I might have simply used the wrong hand wash, shower gel or laundry detergent. Like yourself, I’ve been stressed too so perhaps it was that.

I’m a worrier and I get exactly where you’re coming from in terms of thinking the worst. There are so, so many things this could be though and Dr Google will invariably only show you the worst case scenario. I’m being totally hypocritical here by the way, because I’ve been in your position in the past and gone down the exact same rabbit holes. It’s so hard to avoid isn’t it? This community is great though so I’d encourage you to post whatever you’re feeling on here.

« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 08:32:46 pm by S »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 3, 2024, 08:38:07 am »
Thank you all for your replies ❤️

As I said I work nights so I've been sleeping all day.
I'll take the advice and go to the pharmacy on Monday. I tried calling the doctors and they told me 2 weeks.

As echoed, I shouldn't Google obviously but this rash is prime blood cancer territory

Hope it's just stress related but I'll keep you posted.

Thank you all, once again.

A rash could be anything! Blood cancer seems pretty unlikely.

I've had a rash on my wrist once because I must have picked some sort of irritant up on my sleeve. I washed my work hoodie and it went away.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2024, 10:34:54 am »
Bonjella, whilst wearing your sisters head as a trophy and fingering a floozy in a Greggs doorway, I believe are the answers to all life’s ills.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family