Author Topic: Arguments against being vegan  (Read 9410 times)

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arguments against being vegan
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2019, 06:00:48 PM »
Plastic pisses me off more than people not knowing how to kill and butcher the animals they stick on their table.

Also eating meat isn't cultural,not eating meat is cultural,we are living in purpose built homes and communicating on electronic gadgets because we ate meat early in our evolution.If it was cultural then Chimps wouldn't eat it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:03:32 PM by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2019, 06:01:48 PM »
Unfortunately people don't care... I mean they should care, if only for their own health... no need to go vegan, just eat more vegetables, less "meat" that's a no brainer, I'm sure any doctor would agree.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2019, 06:01:57 PM »
Well at least you can admit that you cooked cow rather than beef.

Semantics

The terms "beef" and "Pork" in regards to food has to do with the Normal Conquest - prior to that inhabitants of England/the UK called it all "cow" and "pig"  and so on... but as they were the new ruling class (the Normans) they would use French and the lower classes in turn adopted their terms and words for the same objects, which in the case means the food that they requested be cooked for them...

Porc = Pig which over time became Pork.

What he cooked was a Bovine - in the original Latin - which provided the root for the French "Beouf" which became "Beef" in post 1066 England.

http://www.cactusworldwide.com/blog/2012/11/15/the-influence-of-french-on-the-english-language/

Also, Kaz, if you eat avocados, which I would assume that you do, are you admitting that you are eating Spanish Lawyers?

because that is where the term originates in the language which you know the fatty fruit.  Avocado is phonetically close to Advocate which is the Spanish and French of lawyer/Barrister. Are you a cannibal then!?

At least admit that the guac you make is from the mashed up lawyers you split in half.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/avocado

A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »
Plastic pisses me off more than people not knowing how to kill and butcher the animals they stick on their table.
Plastic should piss everybody off everybody off, I agree.

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »
Plastic should piss everybody off everybody off, I agree.

Also eating meat isn't cultural,not eating meat is cultural,we are living in purpose built homes and communicating on electronic gadgets because we ate meat early in our evolution.If it was cultural then Chimps wouldn't eat it.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2019, 06:05:21 PM »
ďMeatĒ  ;D

Plus youíre not being attacked.

You set up a thread to ask for reasons not to be vegan with the SOLE intention of then dismissing every single reason given. No matter what actual facts and evidence (not made up numbers) were given.

If people then call you out for then donít call it being attacked.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2019, 06:05:57 PM »
Semantics

The terms "beef" and "Pork" in regards to food has to do with the Normal Conquest - prior to that inhabitants of England/the UK called it all "cow" and "pig"  and so on... but as they were the new ruling class (the Normans) they would use French and the lower classes in turn adopted their terms and words for the same objects, which in the case means the food that they requested be cooked for them...

Porc = Pig which over time became Pork.

What he cooked was a Bovine - in the original Latin - which provided the root for the French "Beouf" which became "Beef" in post 1066 England.

http://www.cactusworldwide.com/blog/2012/11/15/the-influence-of-french-on-the-english-language/

Also, Kaz, if you eat avocados, which I would assume that you do, are you admitting that you are eating Spanish Lawyers?

because that is where the term originates in the language which you know the fatty fruit.  Avocado is phonetically close to Advocate which is the Spanish and French of lawyer/Barrister. Are you a cannibal then!?

At least admit that the guac you make is from the mashed up lawyers you split in half.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/avocado

I don't need to read what you just wrote, all you're doing is trying to justify it your actions... you just want to justify the fact that you eat animals, which if you do that's ok .... just please face the fact that you're buying a piece of a pig, next time you buy some pork.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2019, 06:08:04 PM »
I don't need to read what you just wrote, all you're doing is trying to justify it your actions... you just want to justify the fact that you eat animals, which if you do that's ok .... just please face the fact that you're buying a piece of a pig, next time you buy some pork.

Donít be an ignorant idiot and have the decency to read his incredibly well informed posts.

Or if itís not a PETA propgranda piece will you not read it?

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »
ďMeatĒ  ;D

Plus youíre not being attacked.

You set up a thread to ask for reasons not to be vegan with the SOLE intention of then dismissing every single reason given. No matter what actual facts and evidence (not made up numbers) were given.

If people then call you out for then donít call it being attacked.
Just read the post above me, besides you know that I'm not going to change your mind on this matter... meat to me is a dead animal.

Maybe that's what happens when you don't eat animals for nearly a year.... I stop justifying why I am going to choose to eat one, but as I said it's cultural.... The funny thing is in Korea it's cultural to eat a dog.

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2019, 06:10:23 PM »

I am pretty sure that Craig fully understands that.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2019, 06:11:02 PM »
Donít be an ignorant idiot and have the decency to read his incredibly well informed posts.

Or if itís not a PETA propgranda piece will you not read it?
I will read it but I'm not going to change my mind, that a piece of meat was a living animal a few months back... ohh but yeah I forgot I kill vegetables too

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2019, 06:11:17 PM »
Eating red meat causes cancer.  Discuss
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2019, 06:11:38 PM »
Just read the post above me, besides you know that I'm not going to change your mind on this matter... meat to me is a dead animal.

Maybe that's what happens when you don't eat animals for nearly a year.... I stop justifying why I am going to choose to eat one, but as I said it's cultural....

Not cultural.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2019, 06:11:41 PM »

Correct. Not eating meat is cultural or in many cases Fad-ural... yeah lets go with that word I just made up, Fadural.

Plastic can be something to be upset about for sure.

But not when your avatar is of an Auto-manufacturer who creates some powerful petrol guzzling machines which consume the carbon biased fossil fuels of which nearly all plastics are derived from as a bi-product as a way to limit waste by the petrol companies.

Yeah, your kids plastic dinosaur is made from the remains of a real dead dino/ or at least their food... i.e. dead plants or other dinos...

No not disposing of or recycling plastics appropriately is a great thing to get ones 100% cotton (wait cotton production creates more waste and was a corner stone of the Triangle Slave Trade for centuries.... which is why cities like Manchester, Leeds, and Liverpool all sided with the South during the American Civil War... damn wearing cotton is bad too.... like wearing leather...)  ::)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2019, 06:12:06 PM »
Eating red meat causes cancer.  Discuss

Drinking Water Causes Cancer. Discuss.

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Believer
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2019, 06:12:37 PM »
Drinking Water Causes Cancer. Discuss.
Show me the evidence ;D

There is none to support your claim
Bernard blows goats

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2019, 06:12:57 PM »

Actually you should read what I wrote.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »
I went out of my way, to find out for myself more about veganism and whether it's sustainable.... guess it's not but that does not change the fact that when you eat a piece of meat, you have just eaten a dead animal, that before that was a living and breathing animal.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
Actually you should read what I wrote.
I will and it might change my mind.... but sadly what it won't change, is when you eat meat - you a eating and dead animal, that before that was a living and breathing and more.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
Show me the evidence ;D

Everyone who has ever had cancer in the world has drank water or consumed H2O in some way shape or form.

I.E. Water causes Cancer.

pollute it with plastic maybe it will stop the cancer causing water from killing us all!

:P

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »
guess it's not but that does not change the fact that when you eat a piece of meat, you have just eaten a dead animal, that before that was a living and breathing animal.

Seems that is your only argument but it wears thin because you keep on repeating it and assuming others don't understand that huge fact.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »
I don't know how many times I've had to typed, that if you eat a piece of meat - you are eating a dead animal, that was a living and breathing animal before that.

Online Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2019, 06:16:43 PM »
Everyone who has ever had cancer in the world has drank water or consumed H2O in some way shape or form.

I.E. Water causes Cancer.

pollute it with plastic maybe it will stop the cancer causing water from killing us all!

:P
Correlation is not causation!

Anyway, there is no good evidence that red meat causes cancer.... on the same grounds
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:18:38 PM by Preserved for posterity. »
Bernard blows goats

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2019, 06:16:59 PM »
I will and it might change my mind.... but sadly what it won't change, is when you eat meat - you a eating and dead animal, that before that was a living and breathing and more.

Like your plants.

They were breathing CO2 and now they are dead.

poor plants that were grown, cultivated, and domesticated by man for their use...  ;)

Online Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2019, 06:17:31 PM »
I don't know how many times I've had to typed, that if you eat a piece of meat - you are eating a dead animal, that was a living and breathing animal before that.
And?

Plants were alive too.
Bernard blows goats

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2019, 06:17:47 PM »
Correlation is not causation!

Anyway, there is no god evidence that red meat causes cancer.... on the same grounds

8)

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »
My son who is 9 years old understand that, that lets him at me but at least he knows where it comes from tho

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2019, 06:18:32 PM »

EDIT: but I get where your coming from, meat is what it is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:21:12 PM by kaz1983 »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Older but no Wiser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2019, 06:19:21 PM »
And?

Plants were alive too.

So should i feel guilty on my allotment ?
Socialism is a set of left-wing political principles whose general aim is to create a system in which everyone has an equal opportunity to benefit from a country's wealth.
socialism
These days, the word socialism gets tossed around so much, it's almost lost all meaning. Originally, though, it was the bedrock of Marxism

Online Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »

Maybe once more, for luck
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2019, 06:20:34 PM »

You're boring Kaz.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »

Zero times have you had to type it.

Many times have you felt the need to preach it to us.

Do you really think anyone here is stupid enough to not know meat comes from a living animal? Thatís not some new shocking fact to anyone.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2019, 06:22:19 PM »

Except when a dead animal is a piece of meat.

And when it is not - i.e. when the dead dino became crude oil, which was refined and your BMW ate it and the bi-products of its transformation into petrol is your kids (and my kids) toy dinos - then a dead animal is pollution, reused energy, joy for the kids, and teaching moment for all - save me as I did the teaching here.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Older but no Wiser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2019, 06:22:25 PM »
Zero times have you had to type it.

Many times have you felt the need to preach it to us.

Do you really think anyone here is stupid enough to not know meat comes from a living animal? Thatís not some new shocking fact to anyone.

To be fair by the time you get to the meat part i hope they are not still living.
Socialism is a set of left-wing political principles whose general aim is to create a system in which everyone has an equal opportunity to benefit from a country's wealth.
socialism
These days, the word socialism gets tossed around so much, it's almost lost all meaning. Originally, though, it was the bedrock of Marxism

Online Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2019, 06:23:00 PM »
So should i feel guilty on my allotment ?
Maybe?

I think the idea of sustainability is far more convincing than the idea that they were alive. 

I know some people only eat stuff thatís fallen off trees and bushes, but who could be arsed with that?
Bernard blows goats

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2019, 06:23:36 PM »
I'm not preaching to anybody, and if you feel like I have been preaching to you... I'm sorry.. it's just that I get a bit carried away with things.... ;)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Older but no Wiser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »
Maybe?

I think the idea of sustainability is far more convincing than the idea that they were alive. 

I know some people only eat stuff thatís fallen off trees and bushes, but who could be arsed with that?

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/forager
socialism

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »
I'm not preaching to anybody, and if you feel like I have been preaching to you... I'm sorry.. it's just that I get a bit carried away with things.... ;)

I dont feel like you have been preachy - not fully open minded to the discussion at times - but not preachy.

I entered the thread to make a few points regarding the initial query - I have and then I have refuted many other points and claims - none of it was to be preachy just to make evidenced supported points about why there are arguments against eating meat.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »
If choose to eat meat that ok

Just no what you're putting in mouth.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2019, 06:28:28 PM »
If choose to eat meat that ok

Just no what you're putting in mouth.

A dead animal?

or sometimes a living one...