Author Topic: How many points do you expect in the next 5 games? 2019/2020 Edition!  (Read 3393 times)

Offline him_15

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How many points do you expect in the next 5 games? 2019/2020 Edition!
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »
Chelsea (A) 3
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3
Believer

Offline actwithoutwords

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2019, 04:40:46 PM »
11. Really want a win at Old Trafford though. Really due one, particularly after that mess of a game earlier this year. Experience of the Super Cup should help us against Chelsea. We're not going to take them for granted, but if we turn it on we could pump them. Be nice if Kante's still out. He's always excellent against us. Feel like our run of beating Spurs is going to come to an end though.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Believer
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2019, 04:57:20 PM »
If we get 11 or better we stay top of the league whatever City do. Winning our first 10 league games would be heavenly bliss.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2019, 05:28:01 PM »
Chelsea (A) 1
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3

Offline KurtVerbose

• Believer
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2019, 10:57:40 PM »
I can see us being favorite for all of those games, but I just don't see us getting 15 points from them.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Shankly998

• Anny Roader
Chelsea (A) 1
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3

I honestly think if we win all those games we'll win the league barring some injury apocalypse there's 3 games in there where we dropped points last season which we could improve on. If you beat both United and Chelsea away you're probably going to win the league. I don't think we will get 15 points from those games but if we did I'd be confident we'd win the league.

Offline an alternative rhetorical friend of Cosmo Kramer..

• Kopite
We should pick up another 15 points, although the Chelsea and Spurs fixtures have the potential to be rather difficult we should have too much quality for them both. I also think we have developed the attacking quality to rip open United's low block.

If we go 10 straight wins to start the season considering we would've played 5/6 expected top 7 rivals in that run, it would be insane. We can afford to draw one of these games and it won't be the end of the world.

What matters is doing our utmost to maintain or extend the 5pt gap on City going into the clash at Anfield in November, rendering a victory in that fixture the potential to stretch our Lear over them beyond any distance we managed last season, leaving them with the requirement to put together another 15 game winning streak to have a chance at reeling us back in.

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Iíd be hoping we get at least 13 points from those games. Itís a tough ask as there are 3 tough games in there but think itís entirely possible.

Not sure which one weíll drop 2 points against though.

Offline deano2727

• Believer
It's nice to have a slight cushion over City going into these next 5. If we get 15 from 15 in from this block, we will be doing exceptionally well and will be odds on for the title.

We will be favourites for every game, but I just don't see us winning all 5. Don't see anyone taking a thing off us at home, and I feel we will beat Sheffield Utd away, so that leaves Chelsea and United away. Our record at OT of recent has been average to my memory. Are we due a win or is the trend of drawing going to continue? Chelsea look weak at the back which we will exploit, but young Abraham and Mount are in fine form and I wouldn't back against them grabbing a couple. I reckon we will need to score a few to beat that lot.

I'm going to go with a respectable 13 from 15 with the draw coming against Chelsea or United.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:36:05 AM by deano2727 »

Offline Ndeyanka

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Chelsea (A) 3
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3

Offline stewil007

• Believer
We should do the impossible and go for 14 points