Author Topic: Spotify  (Read 30727 times)

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
Re: Spotify
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2014, 09:57:48 PM »
If anyone is interested I have been looking into a way of making a 'spotifone' so that I can make an offline Spotify media player for under £50, as that's how I consume nearly all my music these days.

Results are in this thread (plus a couple of utter knob heads)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/an-unofficial-spotifone-for-49-80-can-do-better-tesco-1886971?page=2#comments

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2014, 01:05:08 AM »
Good idea that, I always end up taking my phone biking with me as I basically only use Spotify and I don't like taking anything expensive when I'm likely to get soaked to the skin.

I think Apple and co miss a trick by not making a Spotify enabled Nano or something. But even that wouldn't have enough storage.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »
WOW...... why have I only just got this? It's awesome.
Pretty much everything I've searched for is on there, even obscure stuff and it saves me having to have gigs and gigs of music stored on my phone.

For some reason I always thought it was like Tune-In radio (which I love too) so didn't need it.

Really such a great app/service.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #363 on: April 27, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
The new mobile update is shocking.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Believer
  • Vamos
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »
Yes it is shocking.
So slow and clunky

Offline Euskadi

• Believer
  • Main Stander
« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2014, 05:36:16 PM »
The new mobile update is shocking.

Thought it was only me, it's atrocious! You change tracks and 5 seconds later you see the name of the track... Not great when you are trying to drive!
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
+1 for hating the mobile app update. Abysmally slow and when it does catch up with itself half the time it just crashes.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2014, 06:58:06 AM »
Had it at home for a while. Like it. Installed it at work.  Damn thing won't let me log on because of work firewall. Anyone got any non career threatening workarounds?
A bit late perhaps but for me it works through the app though not through a browser.

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
Been using Spotify Free for years, always found it a great way to listen to albums before purchasing.

Recently got a deal with new mobile contract so I get Spotify Premium for free, for 6 months. As good as it is (not to have ads), I don't think I'd be willing to pay for it after the 6 months are up.

Also, I thought someone would have developed a sort of Ad Blocker to filter out the Spotify audio ads by now...  :-\

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #369 on: November 13, 2014, 10:51:06 AM »
I pay, because I want to contribute to the artists. I know the system isn't perfect with money going back to the them, but Id largely blame the labels for that. Two or three labels pretty much own the entire music industry even that cool little indie independent record label you love.

What Spotify need to do to stop having issues with artists is to pull their free music or at least stagger the release so the paying customers get new records earlier. My other issues with it is, when I buy a record I can have it forever if I so wish, with Spotify, I don't have any such comforts. I am merely renting my music and am at the will of artists and labels on whether I get to hear it or not.

Overall, it's the best thing to come around since piracy basically fucked up everything, though it still has a long way to go until it is as fair as it pertains to be.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
« Reply #370 on: November 13, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »
Been using Spotify Free for years, always found it a great way to listen to albums before purchasing.

Recently got a deal with new mobile contract so I get Spotify Premium for free, for 6 months. As good as it is (not to have ads), I don't think I'd be willing to pay for it after the 6 months are up.

Also, I thought someone would have developed a sort of Ad Blocker to filter out the Spotify audio ads by now...  :-\

AdBlock worked on Spotify's web player last time I checked.

Offline wampa1

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »
I've recently signed up.  I like the idea of having my playlists available offline whilst at the gym.  I think things have almost come full circle in regards to paying for music in that you pay for the convenience as opposed to the actual media.

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
have it on my nexus

i dont like the ads but its free so what the hey

got a lot on there. also stumbled across the odd song id forgotten
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #373 on: November 13, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »
I've recently signed up.  I like the idea of having my playlists available offline whilst at the gym.  I think things have almost come full circle in regards to paying for music in that you pay for the convenience as opposed to the actual media.

Offline playlists are the reason I go for the paid version as well, personally I find that hugely useful for my commute each day.

I pay, because I want to contribute to the artists. I know the system isn't perfect with money going back to the them, but Id largely blame the labels for that. Two or three labels pretty much own the entire music industry even that cool little indie independent record label you love.

What Spotify need to do to stop having issues with artists is to pull their free music or at least stagger the release so the paying customers get new records earlier. My other issues with it is, when I buy a record I can have it forever if I so wish, with Spotify, I don't have any such comforts. I am merely renting my music and am at the will of artists and labels on whether I get to hear it or not.

Overall, it's the best thing to come around since piracy basically fucked up everything, though it still has a long way to go until it is as fair as it pertains to be.

The problem with doing things like staggering releases so that paid subscribers for streaming sites get this later than the album release is that you significantly reduce the benefits of the streaming model, maybe the music industry is happy to do that, thinking it will drive more album sales, personally my view is that it probably just drives more piracy.

Streaming services as it stands actually offer greater convenience and functionality than piracy for many users, the same can't really be said for physically buying or even downloading an album legally.

I agree the economics may not be amazing for artists and labels but its a lot better than having the content taken for nothing, the golden days of being able to make a good living from selling recorded content is over for a lot of acts anyway, get exposure for your music any way you can and try to make money from touring and other ancilliary revenue.

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2015, 05:40:18 PM »

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Believer
  • Toto
« Reply #375 on: March 3, 2015, 08:26:05 PM »
Betfair Refer and Earn code
Use code: Q67MT446H when signing up to Betfair and we both get £25 for free!
To be honest ive enjoyed watchin Young Boys, made my cock really hard.
Gonna go have a furious wank

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #376 on: October 24, 2015, 08:55:27 PM »
Sorry for opening up an old thread.

Has anyone got the spotify family account? I was wanting to get my dad spotify for xmas and he lives in a different house. I doubt this is the initial intention for spotify family but would anything stop me doing this?

The only information on the FAQ say they can't be in a different country. Cheers

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #377 on: October 27, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »
 with regards this how do you add a song  from your phone. Its a song not on spotify but I want it on my playlist
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:35:32 PM by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #378 on: June 10, 2016, 12:00:37 PM »
Could anyone who's on Spotify Premium do me a massive favour?

They emailed out loads of codes out for 20% off SONOS speakers randomly to Premium members in the last 24 hours and I didn't get one. If you did happen to get a code and you won't use the discount, could I have the code please? Renovating my house at the moment and this would save me a packet. Would be enormously grateful.

Online John C

• Check 24/7's site - https://soulbearing.home.blog/
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #379 on: June 10, 2016, 12:29:40 PM »

They emailed out loads of codes out for 20% off SONOS speakers randomly to Premium members in the last 24 hours and I didn't get one. If you did happen to get a code and you won't use the discount, could I have the code please? Renovating my house at the moment and this would save me a packet. Would be enormously grateful.
I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to ask my lad.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #380 on: June 10, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »

I'll PM you my code now mate.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #381 on: June 10, 2016, 12:41:53 PM »
I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to ask my lad.

Appreciate you taking the time John. Sorted now - maybe still worth posting and perhaps can still help someone?

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #382 on: June 10, 2016, 01:20:18 PM »
Saying on hotukdeals that Spot20 works.

I'm a premium member but I didn't get a code :( not that I need another sonos at the mo like.

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #383 on: June 10, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »
Saying on hotukdeals that Spot20 works.

I'm a premium member but I didn't get a code :( not that I need another sonos at the mo like.

They killed that code whilst I was trying to buy this morning - about 10am. It accepted SPOT20 and in the 20 seconds it took to process the transaction, the code died. Typical. So now it is only open to those that got an email.

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #384 on: June 30, 2016, 10:10:09 AM »
Sorry for opening up an old thread.

Has anyone got the spotify family account? I was wanting to get my dad spotify for xmas and he lives in a different house. I doubt this is the initial intention for spotify family but would anything stop me doing this?

The only information on the FAQ say they can't be in a different country. Cheers

I've only just discovered this Spotify Family Premium. They don't seem to advertise it widely.

For a single account, it's £9.99. But for a family account, with up to 6 users, it's £14.99. Works out great value. So we've just distributed the spare logins amongst our family. Spotify stipulate that everyone must live in the same house, but I don't see how they can police that. So far so good anyway. Would definitely recommend.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #385 on: June 30, 2016, 01:02:03 PM »
If anyone has a family member with an NUS card then you get 50% off. I look like the 40yr old student on my card (I get it through work), but it's a lifesaver.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Believer
  • Merry Kloppmas
Google Home
« Reply #386 on: March 18, 2019, 09:55:09 PM »
Hi, didn't know where to put this as I couldn't find a specific Google Home thread or one for Spotify so thought I'd put it here. Spotify are offering a free Google Home Mini for new and existing customers of their Family Premium plan. Link below:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/family/