Author Topic: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’  (Read 25532 times)

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Reply #680 on: April 25, 2024, 12:28:36 am »
Fuck me Nunez scored 26 goals in 28 League games for Benfica.

Portuguese league =/= Premier League
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #681 on: April 25, 2024, 12:28:52 am »
For the first 30 minutes Madley made it impossible for us to gegenpress and gave them 8 freekicks to load the box.

Tha it's pretty much impossible to compete against.

Mate we were making dreadful unforced errors with our passing from the start of the game. We had a warning shot with the disallowed goal. And we continued to defend atrociously until Everton scored. Then we missed chance after chance.

The ref was crap, but there are a million reasons why we lost. Most of those reasons are down to our own stupidity or lack of quality.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #682 on: April 25, 2024, 12:28:55 am »
Do you really think we lost tonight cos of the ref?

Do you really think we've been poor and had virtually zero control of any game since the middle of March cos of refs?

The refereeing is crap, but come on - get real.

After 30 minutes the free kick count was 8 v 1. If Leeds 70 played against the London ballet company you wouldn't get that disparity in free kicks. Kloppo spent those 30 minutes complaining to the 4th official about the soft free kicks Everton were getting.

We know the Everton game plan be over physical and turn it into a battle. So how the fuck does that game plan result in 8 free kicks to 1.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #683 on: April 25, 2024, 12:31:29 am »
I am saying he is a bad player

I think he is an absolutely phenomenal athlete and build for football.

But I don't think he has the brain for top level football.

I wouldn't go that far. He may just not suit our style of play but yes he might not be good enough to win us a league. If you put the like of Kane in our team then I think we would have walked the league by now.

He was a very good player for Benfica and you can see why. He's just not converting enough chances. Will he improve next season.....I hope so.
#JFT97

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: April 25, 2024, 12:34:32 am »
After 30 minutes the free kick count was 8 v 1. If Leeds 70 played against the London ballet company you wouldn't get that disparity in free kicks. Kloppo spent those 30 minutes complaining to the 4th official about the soft free kicks Everton were getting.

We know the Everton game plan be over physical and turn it into a battle. So how the fuck does that game plan result in 8 free kicks to 1.

Have we got 1 single point from United, Palace and tonight because of refs or because we were poor?

I'm the absolute first to say that the refereeing in the PL is a joke. That's not what made us fuck this game up tonight. We have far bigger problems than incompetent refs.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: April 25, 2024, 12:36:14 am »
Behave. No-one allowed an opinion that you don't agree with?

It’s not opinion.

It’s whining c*nts who don’t get their own way because we lose a game, labelling players as a disgrace etc.

When the same pricks were wanking themselves stupid three weeks ago when all was rosy.

They are gobshites. Enjoy Slot or whatever his fucking name is, you ungrateful tossers. You’ll never see the like of Jurgen again, and nor do you deserve to.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #686 on: April 25, 2024, 12:40:33 am »
We definitely need a replacement for Nunez, he's been here 2 years and not improved on his finishing at all, I'm afraid that is just his level. For all the criticism, he is absolutely excellent at finding the right space and getting chances, he's just a shite finisher. I don't mind him being part of the squad but we can't rely on him to be our first choice number 9, absolutely not.

I also think we should cash in on Salah, absolute hero and club legend but it's evident his levels are dropping and Saudi will no doubt be in for him come the Summer, think we'd be foolish not to accept a big offer for him. I think of it as similar to the Torres sale, cashed in as he was showing signs of levels dropping.

Love Diaz, he's no Mane when it comes to getting goals but his energy and trickery is very welcome and something unique when it comes to our attackers.

And I may get burned at the stake here but I just don't see it with Jones, I really don't know what he does well and maybe I'm just not watching him properly but he seems a bit of a nothing player to me. Decent holding of the ball but I can't specify any other part of his game that he excels at. He usually takes the easy pass sideways, not creative enough, doesn't get enough goals. Dunno, love a local boy coming through but I don't think he should be first choice next season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: April 25, 2024, 12:45:20 am »
We definitely need a replacement for Nunez, he's been here 2 years and not improved on his finishing at all, I'm afraid that is just his level. For all the criticism, he is absolutely excellent at finding the right space and getting chances, he's just a shite finisher. I don't mind him being part of the squad but we can't rely on him to be our first choice number 9, absolutely not.

I also think we should cash in on Salah, absolute hero and club legend but it's evident his levels are dropping and Saudi will no doubt be in for him come the Summer, think we'd be foolish not to accept a big offer for him. I think of it as similar to the Torres sale, cashed in as he was showing signs of levels dropping.

Love Diaz, he's no Mane when it comes to getting goals but his energy and trickery is very welcome and something unique when it comes to our attackers.

And I may get burned at the stake here but I just don't see it with Jones, I really don't know what he does well and maybe I'm just not watching him properly but he seems a bit of a nothing player to me. Decent holding of the ball but I can't specify any other part of his game that he excels at. He usually takes the easy pass sideways, not creative enough, doesn't get enough goals. Dunno, love a local boy coming through but I don't think he should be first choice next season.

While Id happily ship all the players out now, its because the feelings are raw. Problem is Nunez and Salah are still our most productive forwards. Jota as well so its injured all the time. Would feel odd to sell them and keep players like Gakpo and Diaz.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #688 on: April 25, 2024, 12:48:32 am »
I love the schizophrenia of RAWK.

On one hand, Slot is inheriting an excellent squad that is nailed on for the top four.

On the other hand all our players are shite.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: April 25, 2024, 12:50:09 am »
I love the schizophrenia of RAWK.

On one hand, Slot is inheriting an excellent squad that is nailed on for the top four.

On the other hand all our players are shite.

They are not shite, they are pretty good. But we all want our side to be the best. That will require investment from the club but it will also mean some players have to go.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #690 on: April 25, 2024, 12:55:20 am »
They are not shite, they are pretty good. But we all want our side to be the best. That will require investment from the club but it will also mean some players have to go.

If you want your players to be the best then you do what Madrid do and bring in one or two elite players every season.

We baulked on Bellingham and then spent as much on Szobozslai, Gravenberch and Endo.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: April 25, 2024, 12:57:59 am »
I agree, should we dig up Johan Cruyff for Slot mate?

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #692 on: April 25, 2024, 01:01:34 am »
While Id happily ship all the players out now, its because the feelings are raw. Problem is Nunez and Salah are still our most productive forwards. Jota as well so its injured all the time. Would feel odd to sell them and keep players like Gakpo and Diaz.

I mean Diaz is excellent, just needs to add goals to his game so I wouldn't sell him. Jota excellent also, just injury prone.

We're obviously very unlikely to sell 3 of our attackers at once but I really wouldn't mind if we cashed in on Mo and sold Nunez and Gakpo. I actually think Gakpo is a very good footballer, he's just not suited to the Premier League, reckon he'd really excel in Serie A/La Liga where it's a bit more technical.

But I really really think we need an attacker or two in the summer who know how to put the ball in the net. We've been so wasteful the last 2 months or so and it's cost us the league. If we had prime Mane and Salah finishing our chances I really think we would have wrapped up the league.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #693 on: April 25, 2024, 01:02:46 am »
We baulked on Bellingham and then spent as much on Szobozslai, Gravenberch and Endo.
Al mate, Bellingham was never, ever coming here, same with Haaland. Despite what it may have seemed. Same with the Brazilian lad Endrick and just about any 'sure thing'.

Literally anytime there's a press article linking us with an established star player and says "Liverpool are battling City, PSG and Madrid for his signature" you know how this would end, given our wage structure and ambitions at the front office.

Online traustibm

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #694 on: April 25, 2024, 01:02:49 am »
If you want your players to be the best then you do what Madrid do and bring in one or two elite players every season.

Our hedge fund capitalist owners don’t like your mindset. Please mitigate your expectations.
“I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.”
― Bill Hicks

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: April 25, 2024, 01:41:30 am »
All eyes on Arnie now:

Twice? TWICE?!!?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #696 on: April 25, 2024, 01:47:18 am »
Al mate, Bellingham was never, ever coming here, same with Haaland. Despite what it may have seemed. Same with the Brazilian lad Endrick and just about any 'sure thing'.

Literally anytime there's a press article linking us with an established star player and says "Liverpool are battling City, PSG and Madrid for his signature" you know how this would end, given our wage structure and ambitions at the front office.

Then why did the same journalists who reported Alonso was coming, Amorim wasn't coming and that Slot was nailed on tell us that we were all in for Bellingham.

Right up to the point, the same journalists were told we weren't moving for Bellingham.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: April 25, 2024, 01:47:19 am »
Everton colleague of mine was frothing at the mouth with delight and giving it large. She’s a nasty, scheming, weirdly political, closet Tory, rank woman in general but I’ve always been polite with her, and said stuff like “I think Everton will stay up, you’re a big club and the new stadium looks great, etc” despite the constant digs and passive aggression.

Her eyes were popping out and the laughing was delirious. I just congratulated her and said that they were the better team. And carried on with my business 😂 Supporting Everton really does ruin lives. I witness the proof in the flesh on a regular basis.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #698 on: April 25, 2024, 02:02:58 am »
Everton colleague of mine was frothing at the mouth with delight and giving it large. She’s a nasty, scheming, weirdly political, closet Tory, rank woman in general but I’ve always been polite with her, and said stuff like “I think Everton will stay up, you’re a big club and the new stadium looks great, etc” despite the constant digs and passive aggression.

Her eyes were popping out and the laughing was delirious. I just congratulated her and said that they were the better team. And carried on with my business 😂 Supporting Everton really does ruin lives. I witness the proof in the flesh on a regular basis.

Good on you for keeping it civil mate. Shows character. Something she obviously lacks.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online traustibm

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #699 on: April 25, 2024, 02:03:06 am »
Sleep tight fellas. Reckon I’ll dream of Slot tonight.
“I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.”
― Bill Hicks

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: April 25, 2024, 02:10:46 am »
Feeling pretty grim about it all right now.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #701 on: April 25, 2024, 02:13:37 am »
Then why did the same journalists who reported Alonso was coming, Amorim wasn't coming and that Slot was nailed on tell us that we were all in for Bellingham.

Right up to the point, the same journalists were told we weren't moving for Bellingham.
I don't know what journo's think mate and can't speak for who knows what, as I rarely follow that, but speaking in terms of club finances and spending (as you are more aware than most) when you say we should bring in 2 elite players every summer I have to push back and say realistically we've never been at that level, and this goes back decades.

We mainly bring cast offs, failed experiments, people with potential and try to unearth hidden gems. Off the top of my head I can only think of Ali as an already established star.

Two elite players every summer is just not something this club has afforded unfortunately.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: April 25, 2024, 02:33:31 am »
Good on you for keeping it civil mate. Shows character. Something she obviously lacks.

Ta mate 👍 we’ve been blessed with a lot of joy down the years, so you’ve got to keep it civil and in perspective with such folk.

And genuinely, fair fucks to Everton. They deserved their win, despite the poor refereeing. So yeh … we move on 😂
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
« Reply #703 on: April 25, 2024, 02:41:13 am »
I mean Diaz is excellent, just needs to add goals to his game so I wouldn't sell him. Jota excellent also, just injury prone.

I’m a fan of Diaz, but if it was as simple as “adding goals”, he’d have done it by now. He’ll turn 28 next season, how many players have “added goals” at 28?

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: April 25, 2024, 02:54:02 am »
Very strange substitutions from Klopps there. Bringing on Gomez and Tsmikias when chasing the game with 10mins to go. Quansah and Endo before that too.  4/5 subs were defensive while Gravenberch, Gakpo and Danns stayed on the bench. Strange

Gakpo was waiting for his child, it would have been a struggle to fetch him.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #705 on: April 25, 2024, 03:00:18 am »
I’m a fan of Diaz, but if it was as simple as “adding goals”, he’d have done it by now. He’ll turn 28 next season, how many players have “added goals” at 28?

While Salah is there Diaz is somewhat second fiddle, IF Mo were to leave us in the summer I think we’d see more goals from Diaz. I think if he was getting better supply right now we’d be seeing more from him.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #706 on: April 25, 2024, 03:14:24 am »
Well... The Wheels are coming off. I think, looking over the whole season we've overperformed compared to what could reasonably be expected with the overhaul last summer and also with all the injuries during the season. It may be that partly what we've been seeing these last few weeks is a team that is trying too hard because of the special circumstances with this being Klopps last season. Snapping at chances, making rushed decisions in the final third. Like in this match, any "normal" level of finishing would win us this game with the chances we created. However I've been worried for a long time about the quality of our forwards when it comes to finishing and impact. They DO score a lot of goals, but with the exception of Jota I don't really trust any of them to score when it matters and to score what they should score given the chances they get. Obviously we've been spoiled by the Mane/Bobby/Mo era, but I just don't see it with our current first choice options. Diaz was one of the better ones today, but in general I feel he's too much on the perifery in the games. The effort is there, but running across into traffic is not all that effective, he doesn't score enough goals and at 27(?) for his type of player I don't really see that changing. I'd sell him if someone offered good money. I've always said that if you compare him to Mane, one of the most significant differences is that while Mane would run through you to get to the goal, he'd go straight to the jugular, Diaz will try to go around you. He's not a killer.
Nunez, I think is a really good player, but he's not stable enough in his output to be our main source of goals. Maybe he would be better of playing on the left if we can get a more clinical striker (or a new Bobby!) in.
Salah, as great as he's been, and as many great things he's done even this season, is melting. Pace is wastly deteriorated, he's not beating his marker like he used to, he makes SO many unforced errors and his finishing is getting worse. Yes, he can show great vision and he's got a killer pass on him at the best of times, but if the Saudis want to pay silly money for him I think it's time. (I know he's a model professional and that he's setting the standards at the training, but I don't think that's enough to keep a player on his salary).
I'd keep Gakpo for his versatility and obviously Jota cause he's great.

So I don't think it's a coincidence that we've been throwing away points due to bad finishing and bad final third play for quite a while now and today was just another example of this. I think we were by far the better and dominant team and except for a frantic first 15 minutes and the endless succession of cheap freekicks Everton got, they didn't really have anything. And that is where we, unfortunately, again have to talk about the refereeing. Some might think that for a referee to have a telling impact on a match he'd have to do what they did at the Nottingham v Ev match last weekend, or in our City match, or in our Spurs match, or in our Arsenal match, or in our Chelsea away match or... (you get the picture...) But this is a perfect example of what I call the Anthony Taylor approach; just give every single 50-50 (40-60) to one team, and more often than not it will make a difference. Their first goal is from a non-freekick, then VVD gets a yellow for protesting another non-freekick, and if that had been the standards for giving freekicks in this match then surely the ref would have chalked off their second for multiple showes on VVD? Or given a freekick when Szobo was hacked down, or when Elliot were kicked at the edge of the 16 yard box? Or a foul when Diaz were clearly fouled and even kicked after the foul.. but no that was a yellow card for Diaz for protesting AND a freekick to them for Gomez running next to the same player who'd just fouled and kicked Diaz. I find it impossible to believe that the completely different interpretations of every single incident in this match depending on the colour of shirt is random. After all if he were just shit it would be random, and both teams would get equally inexplicable calls for/against no?
The way I see it there were two reasons why we lost: Firstly because our finishing is horrible and not at an acceptable level, secondly because the ref gave them enough opportunities to score a few themselves.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #707 on: April 25, 2024, 05:25:44 am »
Game was lost when Gakpo and Jota were ruled out. Diaz and Núñez are two of the most brain-dead forwards I've ever seen play for Liverpool and I include Milan Baros, Ryan Babel and Mario Balotelli in that. Also appreciate Trent throwing in one of his 'too cool to defend' efforts. Cheers for that, mate.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: April 25, 2024, 05:35:17 am »
It’s not opinion.

It’s whining c*nts who don’t get their own way because we lose a game, labelling players as a disgrace etc.

When the same pricks were wanking themselves stupid three weeks ago when all was rosy.

They are gobshites. Enjoy Slot or whatever his fucking name is, you ungrateful tossers. You’ll never see the like of Jurgen again, and nor do you deserve to.

Utter nonsense. People are mostly upset at that shocking performance because they love Klopp. He's been let down by several players whose levels have plummeted to an extent we couldn't have imagined.

Some performances are so bad, anrd such a disappointment, that the players deserve people having a go. Last night was such a performance.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 05:36:50 am by decosabute »

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: April 25, 2024, 06:00:46 am »
I always questioned the timing of Klopp announcing his leaving. I think the pressure of trying to deliver something special for him in his final season finally took its toll and the lads. I'm sure they are all really hurting right now and feel they've let the manager many of them have seen as a father figure down
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 06:03:33 am by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #710 on: April 25, 2024, 06:10:59 am »
I always questioned the timing of Klopp announcing his leaving. I think the pressure of trying to deliver something special for him in his final season finally took its toll and the lads. I'm sure they are all really hurting right now and feel they've let the manager many of them have seen as a father figure down

The cliché of football...father figure.

Whether Klopp said it earlier or later wouldn't have any impact but for sure other excuses.  We were shite last year and we bottled it this year.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline collytum

• Anny Roader
« Reply #711 on: April 25, 2024, 06:29:23 am »
You have to question the mentality and the drive of the current players after the last 3 weeks. Talent is there in large parts but as many have mentioned, we look like we are half arsed in recent games when you would expect the exact opposite with a title on the line and the managers last few weeks. A lot of good earlier on the season has been completely written off due to what looks like a bad attitude. Whoever the new coach ends up being has a big job on his hands and surely a lot of ins and outs in the summer transfer window.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: April 25, 2024, 06:42:45 am »
Sad end to the season and to Klopp’s reign. The players have let him down massively. Hope Slot is up to the challenge but I fear it’s an impossible job for him , some of them players are not good enough or on the way over the hill. Wholesale changes are going to be needed.

Online Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #713 on: April 25, 2024, 06:58:41 am »
Sad end to the season and to Klopp’s reign. The players have let him down massively. Hope Slot is up to the challenge but I fear it’s an impossible job for him , some of them players are not good enough or on the way over the hill. Wholesale changes are going to be needed.

I tend to agree with this sentiment. We’ve had the best years of some and there are a number of question marks over  some of the remainider.  A couple of the younger ones look like they will make it so that’s a positive.
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #714 on: April 25, 2024, 06:59:36 am »
When I heard no Jota and Gakpo (who been looking better) I knew it would be long evening.
I have zero confidence in Nunez when he is put through on goal now. When he scores when he gets a chance has now changed from relief to surprise.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: April 25, 2024, 07:02:31 am »

We're bringing in Slot because we don't want wholesale changes. It shouldn't be forgotten that we've legitimately challenged for the league till April. There has been a raft of injuries to key players and those key players have been out for months. It would be silly to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: April 25, 2024, 07:09:20 am »
What was clearly visible last night, and this probably lies at the heart of our recent disintegration, is that up until the point our strikers had a flurry of missed sitters - we were playing well and pinning them in ruthlessly. As soon as they failed to convert those chances, or at least fucking one of them, our heads dropped and tempo fizzled out. We never really recovered. It's strange to look back at this season, where for the longest time it seemed like we had the most varied and potent attack out of all contenders - and say we lost it all because of attack. But we did. Football is about goals. We lost goals. Inability to convert clear chances not only dented, but literally corroded our confidence and dulled our sharpness. There are obvious defensive 'asleep at the wheel' issues - but considering attack is more closely linked to our identity and approach to football - for me this is what ruined the season.

In retrospect, we probably should have used Danns more. Boy was riding high and he could have at least been our finisher sub in absence of Jota. But we didn't. Klopp was loyal - one last time. And one last time his loyalty to players has come with a heavy price. It's who Jurgen is, we get that. I do hope they all feel like shit this morning. I don't think they will. They'll giggle their way into breakfast and training, just another working day I suppose. Maybe make some cry-emoji social media posts and move on with their pampered lives. But I hope some at least feel the pang of guilt. Because when the moment came around, they weren't present. They didn't see it as the moment to be there, to be counted. They let it slip.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #717 on: April 25, 2024, 07:09:49 am »

We’ve challenged for the title until 4 games from the end of the season (legitimately - we’re at >+1 xg/90 over the season) with one of the worst injury crisis I can remember
Most of our squad are pre or early peak age

Its an incredible inheritance for the new manager

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: April 25, 2024, 07:26:04 am »
Our losing isn't down to the ref but the amount of fouls he gave them whilst ignoring the fouls on us was ridiculous. In particular the foul on Mac on the edge of our box.

That the theme of refs, every time we go away the ref is swayed by the crowd but at home the refs want to prove they aren't swayed by Anfield.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #719 on: April 25, 2024, 07:27:41 am »
Mad that we challenged for the title with our injury crisis yet the players have let him down.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.