Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1521826 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8680 on: January 13, 2019, 07:02:01 pm »
Like the best not on the the terrace, on the concourse, after a match, getting beers, whilst a tad cold, after a Liverpool 1-0 win, at Brighton - EVER!

L-I-V
E-R-P
TOP OF THE WORLD LIVERPOOL FC

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #8681 on: January 14, 2019, 01:29:28 pm »
Watford was a bit mad too. I stopped going the footie years ago for many reaons but Iam now getting back into it for many reasons . One thing I've noticed is how we still get treated like shit at aways. If it's not bizzies on horses doing it it is fucking job worths with bright coloured jackets on doing it.

Nothing has changed.

Its really shit on European aways. From memory Roma, Napoli, Belgrade, PSG, diabolical. Only did two PL aways in Palace and Chelsea, which didn't seem so bad in comparison. But it definitely isn't a great experience.

Some got really roughed up at Sevilla away and i saw the way those Police were at that game, with two older gents i was with. But i knew, you can't play around with these right wing power control freaks, so got out their way.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #8682 on: January 14, 2019, 01:34:33 pm »
well it really needs to be updated to take account of welfare benefits reform

'attempt to apply for UC with a smartphone in your hand and even if you do manage to find a zero hours contract you'll probably still be subject to sanctions due to an admin error , will remain unpaid for at least 4 weeks and end up evicted for arrears when you can't afford the rent'

doesn't quite scan but working on it..................

State of this country, isn't it. Always target the ones who need the help who have little. Makes great sales in newspapers.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8683 on: February 4, 2019, 11:37:56 pm »
State of this country, isn't it. Always target the ones who need the help who have little. Makes great sales in newspapers.

Who had 31 minutes in the 'sign on' sweepstakes?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8684 on: February 5, 2019, 01:31:59 am »
https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1092550494952804352?s=21

Sounds like it wasn't great tonight.

That is really f***in disappointing to hear.

Do we want this title?

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #8685 on: February 5, 2019, 12:35:09 pm »
I didn't think it sounded too bad on the TV, certainly sounded ok in the first half?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8686 on: February 5, 2019, 12:51:12 pm »
Thought it sounded OK on TV, it's not the greatest ground to get an atmosphere going throughout due to the massive gap between upper and lower.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #8687 on: February 5, 2019, 12:52:11 pm »
How many athletics tracks are known for their atmosphere?
That chasm between top and bottom tiers does nothing to help build an atmosphere as the natural spread of a song just doesn’t happen. Or if it does 1 tier is out of sync with the other and it quickly dies out.  Funnily enough I thought the firmino song was finally getting some good air time, and he turned in one of this seasons worst performances!

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8688 on: February 5, 2019, 02:32:49 pm »
You can talk about athletics track and gap between tiers... but those TAW lads are at the match and clearly think it was shite.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8689 on: February 5, 2019, 06:14:20 pm »
The stadium is great for watching athletics and you get a good atmosphere but for football, nah. I always forget we even have an upper tier behind. And most in the lower barely sung or supported at all. I lot of nerves around for sure but the number of people just standing there moaning all game.... ::)

As my mate said, some don't deserve to win the League. #supporttheteam
We are a team of one half.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8690 on: February 5, 2019, 06:42:29 pm »
I was in row 71 of the upper tier. By the time I got up there I was fucking knackered. Thought about trying to get a stream on my phone to see what was going on at the other end. 

Horrible ground and really difficult to get the two levels singing as one. We were giving it loads but I doubt it carried from where we were.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8691 on: February 5, 2019, 06:55:00 pm »
I was in row 71 of the upper tier. By the time I got up there I was fucking knackered. Thought about trying to get a stream on my phone to see what was going on at the other end. 

Horrible ground and really difficult to get the two levels singing as one. We were giving it loads but I doubt it carried from where we were.

Yeah it sounded on tv like two sets of supporters were singing the same tunes but was out of sync quite a lot. That was probably due to the gap in levels

Row 71 is a good spec at Anfield!!  ;D

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8692 on: February 5, 2019, 07:51:13 pm »
https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1092550494952804352?s=21

Sounds like it wasn't great tonight.

That is really f***in disappointing to hear.

Do we want this title?

I was in the lower and it was fucking toxic, the bleating and moaning about Matip and the constant banging on about Clyne as if we’d let Messi go out on loan.

I don’t get it, we’ll all desperate for this but we need to remember that we’re over achieving and think back to the start of the season when realistically I don’t think any of us thought we’d be in this position in February when you consider how strong City are.

If you’re in the ground either support the team or i’d Happily take silence over getting on our teams back.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8693 on: February 5, 2019, 09:25:14 pm »
I was in the lower and it was fucking toxic, the bleating and moaning about Matip and the constant banging on about Clyne as if we’d let Messi go out on loan.

I don’t get it, we’ll all desperate for this but we need to remember that we’re over achieving and think back to the start of the season when realistically I don’t think any of us thought we’d be in this position in February when you consider how strong City are.

If you’re in the ground either support the team or i’d Happily take silence over getting on our teams back.
I thought there'd be a positive reaction to the awful scenes during the Leicester game, particularly from the away support.

Can't believe the storm of negativity that's come along from two fucking draws.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8694 on: February 6, 2019, 06:16:54 am »
Getting out that stadium is a ball ache too. The whole setup would’ve been chaos to try and police back in the day I think.

Was mainly shite in the lower. West Ham fans went through their shitty League Two repertoire of songs.
YNWA.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8695 on: February 6, 2019, 11:29:38 pm »
good for the economy these london aways, supply and demand
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #8696 on: February 7, 2019, 12:19:34 am »
Who had 31 minutes in the 'sign on' sweepstakes?

heard it from various sections and at various times. One lad shouted 'you're original aren't you!'

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8697 on: February 24, 2019, 09:35:06 pm »
Good that today
My first trip to there in too long a time but I’m excited by this season so had to🙂
They were proper quiet outside of the early “sign on” and a moment in the second half when they were getting on top for a bit
A bit touristy..started the game by explaining to a South African behind me why having a scarf with United on half of it round his neck is not cricket but mostly a good crew
sir Bradley Wiggins in with us with his lad...had a bucket hat on and was managing to stay incognito until I outed him on the concourse by fanboying him
+6 ticket exchange

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8698 on: February 24, 2019, 09:47:03 pm »
Good that today
My first trip to there in too long a time but I’m excited by this season so had to🙂
They were proper quiet outside of the early “sign on” and a moment in the second half when they were getting on top for a bit
A bit touristy..started the game by explaining to a South African behind me why having a scarf with United on half of it round his neck is not cricket but mostly a good crew
sir Bradley Wiggins in with us with his lad...had a bucket hat on and was managing to stay incognito until I outed him on the concourse by fanboying him
;D
Wished we'd have won for you mate.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #8699 on: February 24, 2019, 10:41:04 pm »
A South African and Bradley Wiggins. What an away end.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8700 on: February 24, 2019, 11:12:18 pm »
Good that today

Hopefully delivering that package to Bobby.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #8701 on: February 25, 2019, 07:50:53 pm »
Good that today

Clear something up for me mate, sounded on tele like we started singing right at the end of the applause for Eric Harrison, but not during it, am I right ?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8702 on: February 25, 2019, 09:10:41 pm »
A South African and Bradley Wiggins. What an away end.

I have been told that Bradley is a season ticket holder.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8703 on: February 25, 2019, 09:13:30 pm »
We were behind enemy lines in the Stretford End.  Sounded good throughout.  Pisses me off that 4 Scousers have to remain quiet whilst there are half and half whoppers in our end.  Something not right here.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8704 on: February 25, 2019, 11:36:08 pm »
Clear something up for me mate, sounded on tele like we started singing right at the end of the applause for Eric Harrison, but not during it, am I right ?
Liverpool,Liverpool ,Liverpool- right at the end of it
Close enough for it to not be dis-respectable but enough for them to boo us for  doing it
+6 ticket exchange

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8705 on: February 26, 2019, 10:18:39 am »
Let's be honest, whilst it was near the end the minutes applause hadn't finished so it was a bit shit really.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #8706 on: February 26, 2019, 10:27:15 am »
Maybe I'm biased...but because it happened very near the end of the minutes applause I just assumed it was just bad timing from some of our fans, i.e. they had set their minute timer a bit earlier than the stadium one..

Yeah, was a bit unfortunate that the chants went a second or so over the end of the minute.

What sounded worse was those thick Mancs booing back...also during the applause!
Dumb clucks!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8707 on: February 27, 2019, 07:10:42 am »
A nice message from the manager.

Jürgen Klopp: I loved the message our supporters sent out

Jürgen Klopp believes Liverpool supporters sent out a message of defiance following Sunday’s goalless draw at Manchester United.

The result ensured Reds moved a point clear at the summit of the Premier League table – and following the stalemate, fans vociferously made clear their delight at that fact.
And Klopp feels such unity will be required on and off the pitch once again tonight when Watford visit Anfield in the latest round of top-flight fixtures.

He wrote in his column for the official matchday programme: “Firstly, I would like to thank our amazing supporters for their backing and their warmth in Manchester at the weekend. Like everyone associated with LFC I was really hoping we could make the afternoon there a special one, so the 0-0 scoreline didn’t fulfil the ambition we arrived with.

“However, at Old Trafford, because of the layout of the stadium, to perform the media duties I have to walk pitchside after the game and up into their main stand to attend the post-game press conference.
“On Sunday, presumably because our fans were held back by the authorities, as I was doing this walk all our supporters were still in the away section. I always think after the game it is our responsibility to thank them, not the other way round, but I loved the reception they gave. Thank you.

“More importantly I loved the message they were sending. They were on the front foot. Our supporters were full of positivity for our position. I will be the first to admit we had not quite given them the performance we had all hoped for over the entire 90 minutes – but there were circumstances around this and our supporters are knowledgeable and appreciative of the desire and the effort.

“There was also a defiance in them that I really love. They were shoulders back, chest out and proud of what we do together. Absolutely the attitude and mentality we all need. I saw and I heard the passion and it filled me with belief and all I could think is ‘We are Liverpool’ and that’s all that matters.

“As a coach and manager you can’t promise or guarantee anything beyond making the personal commitment to give everything you have for the club you serve. I ask the same from everyone at the club, be it players or staff. Give nothing less than your everything and I’m with you all the way.

“At Old Trafford on Sunday we gave our all. Against Bayern last time out at Anfield we gave our all. Neither was enough on that occasion to win, but we were strong and resolute and we made sure we still got a result. These qualities should not be underestimated.

“To be successful you need to combine and use all your tools. It is not enough to be good in one particular area and neglect others. Part of our progress together, as a group, has been that we have learned and adapted and become more resolute.

“Nobody takes points from Liverpool now unless they are prepared to prise it from our clenched fist – and I haven’t seen many this season that can beat us when it comes to will and desire. Our core values remain – which is that we are a team built on positivity and attacking intent. It flows through our veins. We approach games also with the view of ‘what can WE do today’ – never ‘what can we do to stop our opponent’.

“We remain a side whose focus is always forward, but I only see positives in the fact we have solidity also. It’s a combination that helps you be successful. The many qualities we have, as a team, will certainly be needed tonight if we are to get the outcome we want.”
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #8708 on: February 27, 2019, 08:11:24 am »
^^^^^ Love it, thanks for sharing that Jill.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8709 on: February 27, 2019, 09:25:34 am »
^ love it - well in everyone - and the manager

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8710 on: February 27, 2019, 10:53:44 am »
Let's be honest, whilst it was near the end the minutes applause hadn't finished so it was a bit shit really.

It was a little bit shit but nowhere near as shit as chanting during a minute's silence. Which are usually well respected by most sets of fans.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8711 on: February 27, 2019, 11:13:51 am »
It was a little bit shit but nowhere near as shit as chanting during a minute's silence. Which are usually well respected by most sets of fans.

That's besides the point!

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8712 on: February 27, 2019, 11:18:52 am »
A nice message from the manager.

Jürgen Klopp: I loved the message our supporters sent out

“Nobody takes points from Liverpool now unless they are prepared to prise it from our clenched fist"

Fucking boss that  ;D

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8713 on: March 3, 2019, 07:45:13 pm »
Oddest atmosphere I've ever had there today.. Nothing on the concourse.. I was upper and very little in the stands.. They seem madly subdued too
I think we all felt tension.. Us to win the league.. Them to stop us. But didn't cause the usual menace in the air
Happy to be proved wrong if other thought different but.. was an atmosphere that matched the result
+6 ticket exchange

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8714 on: March 3, 2019, 08:41:03 pm »
"Always the victims". What gang of c*nts with their Hillsborough shouts.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #8715 on: March 3, 2019, 10:54:42 pm »

Was loud and clear  :no :no :no

When opposition fans claim that it's not about Hillsborough, what is it reference to? Most of the time it's sang off the cuff, without provocation. It knocks me sick when I hear it when we all know the pain that the entire city has gone through since 1990. Sadly on matchday, it's not even a minority. Simple minded twats they are! :no
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #8716 on: March 4, 2019, 06:30:16 am »
What an absolute shit away end that was yesterday

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8717 on: March 4, 2019, 08:16:21 am »
Was ok in the first half by us but then went quiet as we let them play their game more
We are a team of one half.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8718 on: March 4, 2019, 09:50:27 am »

When was that? I was in the lower and don’t remember hearing any of that.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8719 on: March 4, 2019, 10:29:00 am »
When was that? I was in the lower and don’t remember hearing any of that.

It came through quite loud and clear on the TV, round about 70-75 minutes I think, think after our players had appealed for a couple of free kicks in quick succession.

As ever, most of re noise just seemed to be bos and appeals though.