Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1889157 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #15600 on: May 5, 2023, 11:20:54 pm »
Should name a bench after him.

I've been curious to see who will be sitting on the keita for us next season. Strong keita, strong challenge for trophies.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15601 on: May 5, 2023, 11:24:30 pm »
I've been curious to see who will be sitting on the keita for us next season. Strong keita, strong challenge for trophies.
and coming off the keita for Liverpool ....

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #15602 on: May 5, 2023, 11:26:38 pm »
and coming off the keita for Liverpool ....
Providing the keitamark for future generations.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #15603 on: May 5, 2023, 11:28:57 pm »
Played his part in out winning of pots so will be ever grateful for that. In the Kewell, Smicer bracket of players who you wish could be more durable.

This is fair. He definitely made valuable contributions along the way, during what must have been an immensely frustrating few years for him. Couple of fantastic strikes, and absolutely bossing it away to United too.

Hope he can get a decent move and have a much better time of it somewhere. Hugely talented player who's had terrible misfortune with injuries.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15604 on: May 5, 2023, 11:30:58 pm »
Played his part in out winning of pots so will be ever grateful for that. In the Kewell, Smicer bracket of players who you wish could be more durable.

Well put.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15605 on: May 5, 2023, 11:35:30 pm »
This is fair. He definitely made valuable contributions along the way, during what must have been an immensely frustrating few years for him. Couple of fantastic strikes, and absolutely bossing it away to United too.

Hope he can get a decent move and have a much better time of it somewhere. Hugely talented player who's had terrible misfortune with injuries.
Likewise, I hope he can rekindle his future somewhere. Sometimes it just doesn't go right.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15606 on: May 5, 2023, 11:37:43 pm »
True. But is the glass half full or half empty? If he was available for more games, perhaps he could have contributed to our point tally for the seasons we lost the title by 1-2 points? Or the CL final?

I have a soft spot for Keita because he is so naturally gifted, and I was very excited when we brought him early. But I think he was screwed by Put when he played him for the national team (maybe to test his resolve). Keita never recovered, IMHO. On top of that, our training methods lead to a lot of injuries, head and shoulder above any other team. He just wasn't that durable... In hindsight, we should have looked for an alternative a few seasons ago. We need to learn from this experience and be more ruthless.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15607 on: May 5, 2023, 11:39:04 pm »
Well put.
Please don't mention that...  ;)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15608 on: May 5, 2023, 11:42:30 pm »

I was thinking that but then it would be like a failure name, you know, something they couldn't get right.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15609 on: May 6, 2023, 12:11:41 am »
Should name a bench after him.

Change the 'n' to 'a'.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15610 on: May 6, 2023, 12:19:58 am »
Change the 'n' to 'a'.
You mean like this. This joke never did get the adulation it deserved.

OnlineDr. Beaker

Re: Remove/Change a letter from a film title to create a new film.
« Reply #999 on: December 16, 2015, 10:16:52 am »
QuoteModifyRemove
On The Bench - it's injury time for planet earth, and they only have one sub left.....
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #15611 on: May 6, 2023, 12:42:09 am »
Question to Jurgen today…. ‘Is Naby available ‘……’no’!
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15612 on: May 6, 2023, 12:52:50 am »
Question to Jurgen today…. ‘Is Naby available ‘……’no’!

:lmao

Once he got hooked again at halftime during the woeful performance at Crystal Palace - I feel like Klopp effectively told him that he wasn't going to play again and to "protect" him they claimed an injury.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15613 on: May 6, 2023, 07:08:17 am »
Gone in the summer as a free agent along with Ox according to Fabrizio Romano.

Well, colour me pink, that's a shocker.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15614 on: May 6, 2023, 09:43:43 am »
Gone in the summer as a free agent along with Ox according to Fabrizio Romano.

Bet out physios are breathing a sigh of relief.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15615 on: May 6, 2023, 10:04:11 am »
Was even confirmed what injury he picked up? Not that it matters, just always been very little transparency over his injuries and recoveries.

Do wonder where he’ll end up, a move to Frankfurt or Leverkusen would be pretty smart for him.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15616 on: May 6, 2023, 10:11:17 am »
Was even confirmed what injury he picked up? Not that it matters, just always been very little transparency over his injuries and recoveries.

Pulled a heart muscle.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15617 on: May 6, 2023, 10:42:38 am »
The conspiracy theory in me reckons Keita has been fit for weeks and the manager has just decided to sack him off after what has been 5 years of frustration and nonsense.

Though Klopp isn't really the type to leave players out in the cold unless they really deserve it. Sakho is the only one off the top of my head that springs to mind.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15618 on: May 6, 2023, 10:44:36 am »

Yeah, I was dead excited when we signed him and when he played, he looked like a player unfortunately he just didn't play enough games. I really didn't get the criticism of him just cos he was kept getting injured, it was frustrating for all of us but like you say, it must have been frustrating for him too. Good luck to him wherever he goes.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15619 on: May 6, 2023, 12:34:06 pm »
:lmao

Once he got hooked again at halftime during the woeful performance at Crystal Palace - I feel like Klopp effectively told him that he wasn't going to play again and to "protect" him they claimed an injury.
The conspiracy theory in me reckons Keita has been fit for weeks and the manager has just decided to sack him off after what has been 5 years of frustration and nonsense.

Though Klopp isn't really the type to leave players out in the cold unless they really deserve it. Sakho is the only one off the top of my head that springs to mind.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #15620 on: May 6, 2023, 12:41:11 pm »
Not sure Keita will play for the club again.

Last time we’ll probably see him is when the players give him a guard of honour at the final home league game of the season.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15621 on: May 6, 2023, 12:52:59 pm »

It's more of a conspiracy theory to believe Keita has been fit for weeks.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15622 on: May 7, 2023, 05:27:00 am »
Did Sakho get frozen out? Thought he was sold the same summer he decided to play silly buggers.
Edit: answering my own question,  he was demoted to reserves and loaned out in January
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 05:30:13 am by GreatEx »

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15623 on: May 7, 2023, 05:40:47 am »
Always defended Keita and saw his potential, but looking forward to his time being done here

Hopefully the next big midfield signing lives up to it

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15624 on: May 7, 2023, 06:48:08 am »
It's more of a conspiracy theory to believe Keita has been fit for weeks.

lol

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15625 on: May 19, 2023, 05:38:34 pm »
Will he get a few minutes tomorrow or is he injured?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15626 on: May 19, 2023, 06:18:57 pm »
Will he get a few minutes tomorrow or is he injured?

He's injured or hasn't trained. Either way he's not playing.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15627 on: May 19, 2023, 07:46:50 pm »
He's injured or hasn't trained. Either way he's not playing.

He's not injured - he's "on ice" as they say.

Basically it was decided after whichever game where he was hooked that it was done - but Klopp always wants to protect the players so he said "injury"

Can I prove it? No.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15628 on: May 19, 2023, 07:47:13 pm »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #15629 on: May 19, 2023, 08:41:45 pm »
He's not injured - he's "on ice" as they say.

Basically it was decided after whichever game where he was hooked that it was done - but Klopp always wants to protect the players so he said "injury"

Can I prove it? No.

He was hooked at half time away at Palace and hasn't even made the bench in the league since.

I think he was on the bench for the Madrid tie. It's clear that we gave up on him around that time. Ox as well hasn't made the bench since City away. Arthur since Chelsea away the game after.

We've generally discounted the midfielders who are moving on. Milner aside but even Milner has only been coming on as a late sub. His last start in the league was in February (also that Palace game where Keita last featured).

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15630 on: May 19, 2023, 08:52:35 pm »
He was hooked at half time away at Palace and hasn't even made the bench in the league since.

I think he was on the bench for the Madrid tie. It's clear that we gave up on him around that time. Ox as well hasn't made the bench since City away. Arthur since Chelsea away the game after.

We've generally discounted the midfielders who are moving on. Milner aside but even Milner has only been coming on as a late sub. His last start in the league was in February (also that Palace game where Keita last featured).

Arthur was on the bench against Leicester.

I won't miss the baseless conspiracy theories when Keita moves on. It's almost as bad as the Sturridge body language experts.

As of a week ago Keita hadn't returned to team training yet. He hasn't been pictured in the recent training videos but Milner and Arthur were prominent. Klopp isn't the sort of person to ostracise a player for performance related reasons. Unless he was a disruptive influence (and despite people casting aspersions on his character based on his injury record there's never been anything to suggest he is), there would be no reason for him not to train with the other players.

It's a dumb conspiracy, when the most logical explanation is that Keita has a muscle injury, as we've been told by Klopp and is hardly inconsistent with Keita's time here.

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15631 on: May 20, 2023, 06:34:33 pm »
Hope he has a good career elsewhere, that goal in Madrid was a belter.
No time for caution.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15632 on: May 20, 2023, 06:35:31 pm »
Arthur was on the bench against Leicester.

I won't miss the baseless conspiracy theories when Keita moves on. It's almost as bad as the Sturridge body language experts.

As of a week ago Keita hadn't returned to team training yet. He hasn't been pictured in the recent training videos but Milner and Arthur were prominent. Klopp isn't the sort of person to ostracise a player for performance related reasons. Unless he was a disruptive influence (and despite people casting aspersions on his character based on his injury record there's never been anything to suggest he is), there would be no reason for him not to train with the other players.

It's a dumb conspiracy, when the most logical explanation is that Keita has a muscle injury, as we've been told by Klopp and is hardly inconsistent with Keita's time here.
Too bad. Availability is the best ability.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15633 on: May 20, 2023, 08:21:28 pm »
I wish him all the best in his next journey, he's not had the best luck with injuries but he has certainly had some great moments with us and leaves with a load of medals.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15634 on: May 20, 2023, 08:22:10 pm »
Hope he stays fit wherever he goes. All the best to him in the future.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15635 on: May 20, 2023, 08:23:35 pm »
Wish him well.

Unless he comes back to haunt us of course.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15636 on: May 20, 2023, 08:34:42 pm »
I can just imagine him going back to Buli or to wherever and basically having an injury free season next year  ;D  And I’d be fine with that!

At the end of the day, he played a part in a glorious time here, helping LFC win it all, that means he’ll always be remembered fondly as part of this amazing squad who achieved that.   

Farewell Naby! Stay fit!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15637 on: May 20, 2023, 08:38:15 pm »
It will be interesting to see who takes a chance on him (and Oxlade-Chamberlain). Probably on pretty decent wages and it's a huge risk considering his injuries. Still a good age though.

Can see him moving to France.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15638 on: May 20, 2023, 08:38:27 pm »
Shame his time here ended without even giving us any help in a season where we struggled badly in midfield.

Bye I guess. It wasn’t very memorable at all. The year of hype before he came was the highpoint, downhill from there.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15639 on: May 21, 2023, 12:25:23 am »
Don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a player. We got so little from him

His performance v united last season was the high point. Thought he had turned a corner at that point