Author Topic: Bog Roll Mania  (Read 13892 times)

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
Re: Bog Roll Mania
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2020, 05:36:30 pm »
Do you need more bog roll?

Use this calculator to see when you will run out!  ;D

https://www.latestdeals.co.uk/coronavirus-toilet-paper

:lmao
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2020, 07:18:18 pm »
 :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #242 on: April 2, 2020, 05:26:22 am »
Piece on the local news last night about people posting videos of themselves doing keepy-uppies with a loo roll.

Going to give it a go after work.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #243 on: April 2, 2020, 11:08:00 am »
Bog roll and bleach.

All totally sold out.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: April 2, 2020, 12:06:24 pm »
for bleach, see if you can get some bleach tablets, can throw them in with water to make what you need. Sell them in most supermarkets here, hopefully the hoarders won't have been that clever.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: April 2, 2020, 12:07:12 pm »
Only thing I can't get is Quorn mince.

???
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: April 2, 2020, 01:10:08 pm »
Getting fed up trying to shop now.

I'm a twice weekly shopper, Sunday morning first thing before the tills open for my main shop then Wednesday/Thursday for any bits I'll need before Sunday.

My list today was fruit, veg, fish, dog food, poo bags, coffee pods and beers.

Again my normal shop would be early 7.30 ish straight from taking the dogs out but can't do that now so went home, fed the dogs, had breakfast and went at 8.30.

Queuing half way round the car park so went home.  Gave it an hour but still the same so went to Pets world for dog stuff.  Butchers instead of having fish.  Greengrocers for fruit and veg then tried at a different supermarket for the beers etc but they were queuing too.

So much for only going out when absolutely necessary, I've been out 3 times and still haven't got everything [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: April 2, 2020, 02:01:09 pm »
Getting fed up trying to shop now.

I'm a twice weekly shopper, Sunday morning first thing before the tills open for my main shop then Wednesday/Thursday for any bits I'll need before Sunday.

My list today was fruit, veg, fish, dog food, poo bags, coffee pods and beers.

Again my normal shop would be early 7.30 ish straight from taking the dogs out but can't do that now so went home, fed the dogs, had breakfast and went at 8.30.

Queuing half way round the car park so went home.  Gave it an hour but still the same so went to Pets world for dog stuff.  Butchers instead of having fish.  Greengrocers for fruit and veg then tried at a different supermarket for the beers etc but they were queuing too.

So much for only going out when absolutely necessary, I've been out 3 times and still haven't got everything [emoji35]

Let your dogs shit all over the streets and parks Debs, seems like it's the norm in the UK, think you get extra points if they can do it around playgrounds.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: April 2, 2020, 02:05:15 pm »
Let your dogs shit all over the streets and parks Debs, seems like it's the norm in the UK, think you get extra points if they can do it around playgrounds.

You get treble points if they shit on a kids footy pitch
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: April 2, 2020, 02:07:59 pm »
Maybe the supermarkets can get involved, reward points and all that. 
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #250 on: April 2, 2020, 02:14:24 pm »

Not to hijack this thread but a future will come when all pets will have to wear a type of nappy.

It's amazing that in this day and age we allow - well, we don't allow but people do it anyway - dogs and cats to piss and shit everywhere whereas a simple 'nappy' system for any dog or cat would solve the problem immediately.

If you see someone whose dog or cat has not got its nappy on then straight away then can be recognised as not doing the 'legal' thing so take a photo and you got em bang to rights.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti pets at all  -love dogs and cats - but they are just animals and doing what they do but their fuckin owners (a minority yes, but take a walk around your local field without your shoes and socks on I dare you) are usually pricks who let them shit and piss everywhere.

Really, it's unbelievable!

Faeces all over the fuckin place - it's like we're back in the middle ages.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: April 2, 2020, 02:18:58 pm »
It's not too bad round me mate it's the horse shit more than dogs [emoji23]

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: April 2, 2020, 02:59:33 pm »
It's not too bad round me mate it's the horse shit more than dogs [emoji23]

I used to hate the amount of horse shit on Crosby beach when we were kids
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 2, 2020, 03:44:28 pm »
I used to hate the amount of horse shit on Crosby beach when we were kids
It's not that Rob, where I take the dogs the RSPB allow the local gypsies to graze their horses on the reserve.

Benefits both parties the horses keep the grass down and the gypsies have free grazing.

I do remember as kids that if any horses going past the house happened to have a shit it would be round the roses in seconds [emoji23]

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #254 on: April 2, 2020, 06:55:48 pm »
Is the apocalypse finally over?

I only ask because Home & Bargain had loo roll in stock today.  :champ 8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #255 on: April 5, 2020, 10:04:46 am »
Just seen the advert for Andrex where you buy a pack of bog rolls and they donate money to a young girl in Bangladesh who needs a toilet.

She must have a 10 bed house by now, and they'll all be en-suite.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 5, 2020, 10:29:51 am »
Just seen the advert for Andrex where you buy a pack of bog rolls and they donate money to a young girl in Bangladesh who needs a toilet.

She must have a 10 bed house by now, and they'll all be en-suite.

;D

I'm robbing that.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: April 5, 2020, 11:40:56 am »
I had a walk up Tescos last night and its back to normal . . . . I had a lump in my throat and was almost reduced to tears when I heard bags of pasta calling out . . . . "Heeeey, how you doin?" 

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #258 on: April 5, 2020, 11:48:37 am »
The bog-roll situation is a perfect example of how the stock market works.  Even though the obvious fact is there is no shortage or ever likely to be a shortage, the perception of there being an actual shortage leads people to disbelieve strong evidence (TV pictures showing mountains of bog roll all manufactured here in the UK) when they see a run on it and empty shelves.  The reality is ignored and a belief grows that there MUST be a shortage so the desirability goes up along with the price.  Worrying really, isn't it? 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 5, 2020, 12:36:09 pm »
The bog-roll situation is a perfect example of how the stock market works.  Even though the obvious fact is there is no shortage or ever likely to be a shortage, the perception of there being an actual shortage leads people to disbelieve strong evidence (TV pictures showing mountains of bog roll all manufactured here in the UK) when they see a run on it and empty shelves.  The reality is ignored and a belief grows that there MUST be a shortage so the desirability goes up along with the price.  Worrying really, isn't it? 

The English are, in the main, thick as fucking shit.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #260 on: April 5, 2020, 02:23:21 pm »
A lot of people are basically stupid.

We could all see exactly what was unfolding before us. It was perfectly clear there was no shortage, and all we had to do was shop responsibly for that to remain so. But no, the media show some idiots fighting over a toilet roll in Australia, so they then rush out over here 'just in case'. This then creates a false shortage because they are going out of the shops quicker than they can get delivered to them.

The false 'shortage' then creates a stampede in the loo roll aisle everytime there is a delivery. Punches are thrown by panicking idiots who actually created the false shortage themselves in the first place just weeks earlier. All the while, footage of mountains of toilet rolls at manufacturers, waiting to be delivered to shops was ignored.

Too many people in this country are brainless sheep. People who trek hundreds of miles to escape war, famine, persecution etc are scorned by many in this country, yet half of the idiots here will actually fight people in order to get a toilet roll in a false shortage they created themselves.

Oh, and yes, it is really worrying.
It shows how very easy it is to influence and manipulate the masses. Plant a seed in people's minds, add a little water, stand back and watch it grow... If supposedly intelligent people can create a widescale toilet roll 'shortage' within a week after the seed was put in their minds that one could happen, despite so much evidence to the contrary, imagine how easy it would be to manipulate the population if you had sinister intentions and access to multi media's to get them out there. A bit like election campaigns, maybe?
« Last Edit: April 5, 2020, 02:32:23 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #261 on: April 5, 2020, 03:33:07 pm »

Extra points for white dog shit?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: April 5, 2020, 04:38:45 pm »
A lot of people are basically stupid.

We could all see exactly what was unfolding before us. It was perfectly clear there was no shortage, and all we had to do was shop responsibly for that to remain so. But no, the media show some idiots fighting over a toilet roll in Australia, so they then rush out over here 'just in case'. This then creates a false shortage because they are going out of the shops quicker than they can get delivered to them.

The false 'shortage' then creates a stampede in the loo roll aisle everytime there is a delivery. Punches are thrown by panicking idiots who actually created the false shortage themselves in the first place just weeks earlier. All the while, footage of mountains of toilet rolls at manufacturers, waiting to be delivered to shops was ignored.

Too many people in this country are brainless sheep. People who trek hundreds of miles to escape war, famine, persecution etc are scorned by many in this country, yet half of the idiots here will actually fight people in order to get a toilet roll in a false shortage they created themselves.

Oh, and yes, it is really worrying.
It shows how very easy it is to influence and manipulate the masses. Plant a seed in people's minds, add a little water, stand back and watch it grow... If supposedly intelligent people can create a widescale toilet roll 'shortage' within a week after the seed was put in their minds that one could happen, despite so much evidence to the contrary, imagine how easy it would be to manipulate the population if you had sinister intentions and access to multi media's to get them out there. A bit like election campaigns, maybe?

21st March, while I was sat at the barrier awaiting entry, next door I watched 5 trailers get loaded just with bogroll

Aldi RDC the same day, packed to the rafters with everything you need