Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 169144 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #1720 on: Today at 10:40:24 am »
Nope I'm not enjoying it either and it's not the performances, its football as a whole. Hate the Premier League, hate the c*nts that have latched on, hate the media but most of all I hate PGMOL and the cheating corrupt c*nts who run it and the c*nts we get as officials who are blatantly doing their best to fuck us over.

I'll still go to a few games next season, my kids wanna go and I can't be a c*nt and say no. My youngest is hoping that, now we can't win the league, the c*nts will fuck off and lose interest and we can get another game in this season, but I'm not arsed, although it would be nice to be at the last game to see Jurgen off, but that will be in demand with no marks who couldn't give a fuck, but wanna be there just to say they were.
Jurgen YNWA

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1721 on: Today at 10:42:07 am »
I’ve never enjoyed it less than I do now - I don’t think Klopp imminently leaving helps that obviously

Online semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: Today at 10:44:44 am »
At the moment I think a lot of fans are feeling like they are going to give up on being obsessed with footy, will check the score and still hope we win, probably take interest again if Man City are dealt with and if a new independent body takes over refereeing, life will be easier without it as things stand, it’s not the same game anymore.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1723 on: Today at 11:33:26 am »
Not enjoying football in the slightest.

I still support LFC and will keep my ST - already renewed and already back on the Auto-ticket scheme.

Binning aways now as well - my knees are wrecked after all that standing at Goodison

I'll go to all our home games and I'll watch our away games in the pub - cancelling all the Sports channels - no point having them anyway. I fucking hate the pricks that talk shite before kick off. I hate the commentators. I hate the twats that do the half time shite. I hate the bastards that ignore everything that happened at the end. I hate the pundits, the commentators, the pricks in the newspapers, the dickheads on the British football shows and all the hangers on, dickheads and twats the infest the game.

I used to love football. It's quite impressive how much these c*nts have ruined it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1724 on: Today at 11:37:49 am »
It can still bring great joy, the LC Final was up there with alot of bigger triumphs for me because of how it was won and what it clearly meant to everyone, on and off the field.

I think Liverpool have just become a part of "modern football" so the things I dislike about the game have inevitably seeped over into things I dislike about the club in particular. I dislike missing games when I can't get a ticket then watch on tv and see hordes of tourists and idiots sat there looking like they're at a show, not really arsed about the outcome because "being there" is the main thing. I hate that we sell thousands of hospitality seats for the equivalent of 3 or 4 weeks salary for some people in the city, and hate how there are hardly any groups of teenagers in the ground because the club don't prioritise them. But these are football-wide problems, it's just that Liverpool have jumped in with both feet and embraced it.

On the field, I hate the cheating, the constant play-acting, but more than that I hate the general acceptance and support for it now. The people who should be gatekeepers in the media call cheating "clever play" and "the dark arts" and so normalise it to the extent that you're an idiot if you don't know do it. Kids now think that cheating and going down is what you do, it's sad, and even though this is a football-wide issue you'll hear people saying Liverpool are "too nice" when what they mean is they should cheat as well.

The refs are abysmal, and the decision to hand VAR to the refs is beyond comprehension. The lack of consistency, the blatant ineptitude and lack of footballing common sense is there for all to see. Only yesterday Onana gives a pen away for doing exactly what he did on the opening weekend. Two exactly the same situations, two different outcomes. The Diaz non goal I can almost accept as a lad not understanding what was being said to him, but the inability to rectify it 10 seconds later and the lack of flexibility within the VAR system is ludicrous. Offside is now also a joke. If you need to draw a line, don't draw a line, no unfair advantage was gained, let it go. Part of the enjoyment of football is that explosion of joy when a ball hits the net, and that has been taken away by people who don't understand the game or the emotions involved.

The banter culture isn't a football issue per se, it's a societal issue connected to social media and the ease at which idiots can communicate freely and without consequence. Some of those idiots like football. It'll get worse as the generation that didn't grow up with it (and to some extent shun it) drift off and the social media generation take over. Easy to ignore it I suppose from Mon to Fri, hard to ignore when it manifests itself in influencers in the grounds and away fans mocking the dead for "bantz init".

With Klopp leaving it feels like a turning point. How I feel isn't really relevant given that I more often than not can't get in the ground in the first place, so someone like me saying he isn't enjoying it makes little difference in terms of club revenue or the bottom line. But I am part of a generation that grew up in the 80s, lived through the terrible days, kept the culture and history of the club close to the heart and has high expectations for both the club and from those who say they follow it. When people like me move away, it dilutes that in a very small way and over time if that attitude stops becoming the norm we simply become another club, another fanbase. Listen to the Ev fans on Wed, they're just another fanbase, they sing all the shit that no-mark clubs sing like "your support is..." and they regale their keeper as "England's No.1". Take the accent away and they could be Brentford or Derby fans, nothing unique about them despite them having a predominantly scouse crowd. When enough people drift off we become the same, and whilst it won't affect the bottom line, the profit margins, the numbers who follow us globally, it will mean we've lost our greatest asset, our uniqueness.

This was a rant, some not about Liverpool, but the end of the title challenge and Jurgen's era has brought it out I suppose. The stuff you ignore because the dream means everything become a bit bigger once the dream isn't there anymore. I'm sure I'll be back again next season, struggling for tickets, struggling to look beyond all the shit, but probably enjoying it all a bit less as we go along.