Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4010992 times)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #1040 on: January 5, 2009, 08:29:02 pm »
And the used to brick the tube.
fuckin hell big time.
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: January 5, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »
fuckin hell big time.

Would you still do it now?

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: January 5, 2009, 08:31:09 pm »
Would you still do it now?
All of that cctv malarky, no chance and it was them that bricked them, not us, we were under the seats

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: January 5, 2009, 08:32:30 pm »
Did they not have an alleyway going to the away end.  With a metal fence one side and a hedge the other.  Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: January 5, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »
Had a few fuckin leggers comin out of euston on a saturday, ffs thats were I must have got me running shoes from.

Kept you fit Ted......got to be a plus eh?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: January 5, 2009, 08:34:26 pm »
Kept you fit Ted......got to be a plus eh?
You wouldnt coco by the state of me now shanks lad

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1046 on: January 5, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »
Going across London in the seventies and Eighties by tube to Liverpool games was like being in the film "The Warriors"  heading for "home" at Euston we always seemed to come across different gangs ( depending on who was at home) ...it was like "the Scousers are in town" brought out everyone....thankfully being a shithouse I (we!) managed to avoid any shit ( except once with West Ham fans on a bus!..ouch!)....dunno what us Scousers ever done to upset them so much!

#We're not like Everton , we don't get done at Kensington#  ;)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: January 5, 2009, 08:40:25 pm »
Going across London in the seventies and Eighties by tube to Liverpool games was like being in the film "The Warriors"  heading for "home" at Euston we always seemed to come across different gangs ( depending on who was at home) ...it was like "the Scousers are in town" brought out everyone....thankfully being a shithouse I (we!) managed to avoid any shit ( except once with West Ham fans on a bus!..ouch!)....dunno what us Scousers ever done to upset them so much!

Its true that mate, like stopping at coney island, sums it it up great that and it really was like that, happy days.

Offline daboych

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1048 on: January 5, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »
Sorry i cant add anything, just wanna i say i love this fuckin' thread think i was born in the wrong era, i really do
YNWA

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: January 5, 2009, 08:54:45 pm »
Sorry i cant add anything, just wanna i say i love this fuckin' thread think i was born in the wrong era, i really do

I was an 85 onwards to about 95.  Some of these on here have been going a lot longer.  I sometimes wander how many of them I have met on the aways.  On the train, in the pub or stood on some shitty away end ie Plough Lane.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: January 5, 2009, 08:56:12 pm »

I remember all the cockney mancs coming back from the Old Trafford once and the yids jumped them.  It was a good one to watch them running all over Euston.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: January 5, 2009, 08:57:26 pm »
I was an 85 onwards to about 95.  Some of these on here have been going a lot longer.  I sometimes wander how many of them I have met on the aways.  On the train, in the pub or stood on some shitty away end ie Plough Lane.

Actually Plough Lane wasnt that bad ( at the back) compared to the likes of the Cubist period Picasso designed Away end at Southhampton

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: January 5, 2009, 08:57:57 pm »
Did they not have an alleyway going to the away end.  With a metal fence one side and a hedge the other.  Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Yes.....a big yellow job with that razor type stuff on top the last time I was there.
I think the hedge was the fucking weeds and bushes growing out of the walls.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: January 5, 2009, 08:58:32 pm »
Actually Plough Lane wasnt that bad ( at the back) compared to the likes of the Cubist period Picasso designed Away end at Southhampton

That was a bad one.  Especially when we got stuffed 4-1.  That was one long journey back.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: January 5, 2009, 09:01:26 pm »

Classic!

Or standing on some uncovered terrace in the pissing down with rain like Stoke or Newcastle on a Wed night.
Must have been fucking mad.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: January 5, 2009, 09:01:43 pm »
I remember getting a stand ticket for Plough lane once  ( I think : 0-0, night game , Ray Houghtons debut..awful game) and being shocked the cost of the ticket as it was so expensive......£9.00

Offline andeeeee

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1056 on: January 5, 2009, 09:03:17 pm »
I remember getting a stand ticket for Plough lane once  ( I think : 0-0, night game , Ray Houghtons debut..awful game) and being shocked the cost of the ticket as it was so expensive......£9.00
robbin bstards:)

Offline daboych

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1057 on: January 5, 2009, 09:06:11 pm »
I was at Barnsley away(my first away) as a 15/16 year old scamper, so thats what 10 years ago...Christ!
It was the game when we beat them 3-2, they equalised with nine men! and then got another 1 sent off  when mcmanaman got the winner...got loads of memories of that day.
Random lads giving us ale cos we hadnt brought our own, ya know what i think it was skol!!! haha. on the Barnes travel, some girl(slag) getting molested/pestered i wanted to look more but didnt want to get accused of being a perv.  Me mate falling off a 2ft wall when riedle scored his 1st, the barnsley fans getting on the pitch, trying to get to the ref, Gary Willard was his name never forget that.
Me other mate with piss halfway up his jeans, the facilities at Oakwell are not the best, he missed the other Riedle goal, as at the time he was a fat bastard and wanted to queue for a pie!  Got a bit hairy on the way out like, but some of the 'owl fellas told us what to do, tiny little bit of segregation and bricks coming over some shitty wall.
Also, the coach was delayed because of the trouble, and we started giving shit to Clint Marcelle in the players car park he was fuming!
Barnsley fans waving £20 notes at us, cheeky bastards, and me being terrified when the coach driver told us to shut the curtains, haha. i was young.
Never forget that day for what happened later on either, seeing some girl at the time and she must have been impressed by travels/story because she started 'giving out' more than a kiss and a fumble after that day.
In my top 5 days ever me thinks!
YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1058 on: January 5, 2009, 09:13:23 pm »
The away end at the Manor ground in Oxford took some beating. Was it just me or was it always pissing down and freezing when we went there?
Fucking right shithole that ground was.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1059 on: January 5, 2009, 09:16:04 pm »
At least that game wasn't abandoned  >:(

Southampton was a lovely ground, just not for viewing football though
and it was the 8 hour journey on the diesel driven BR rust bucket that really pissed me off.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: January 5, 2009, 10:04:01 pm »
The away end at the Manor ground in Oxford took some beating. Was it just me or was it always pissing down and freezing when we went there?
Fucking right shithole that ground was.

Ipswich always seemed to be cold and windy.  Or maybe that is my memory is not what it used to be.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: January 5, 2009, 10:09:27 pm »
Ipswich was OK and typical of the era..remember a special atmosphere there the week after Lennon was shot and the DJ played all Beatles records before the game

Away ends where always crap ..but up until the seats went in I always thought the Anny road was the best end in the league for away fans....the terracing design that is  ;)

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: January 5, 2009, 10:11:36 pm »
Ipswich was OK and typical of the era..remember a special atmosphere there the week after Lennon was shot and the DJ played all Beatles records before the game

Away ends where always crap ..but up until the seats went in I always thought the Anny road was the best end in the league for away fans....the terracing design that is  ;)

The old compost corner.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: January 5, 2009, 10:13:40 pm »
The old compost corner.

Cattle market out side...and one year they kept the home fans in an let us out first to protect them.... ;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: January 5, 2009, 10:18:31 pm »
I fucking hated all the kick offs to be honest. I got kicked into a coma by Mancs at Anfield. Straight up, at Anfield. I was unconcious for 3 days after it with water on me brain. When I came round I had a fucking head like the Elephant Man. Fucking Big coggies all over it, full of water.
I was only 13. I was on me way to meet me mates on me todd. I was making me way up from Lower Breck, cut through a few sidies and walked bang, slap right into about 50 of the horrible fuckers.
I was a little Skinhead. Original skinhead from 69 me. I'm still one in me own little way. Still love the Ska and The Stax, Lambrettas, Skin/Mod clobber and all that malarkey. FFS I've still got a pair of OX-Blood DM's.
Anyway, the dirty bastards - grown fucking men - kicked me round like a rag doll. when I came round and got me clober back. It was all I was bothered about. I didn't even have Air Ware, only Monkey boots. And I only had one decent Ben Sherman and a pair of KD's. I wore them to the match all the time. They was fucked. Covered in every colour boot polish, soul prints and shite and all tore to fuck. Bad times.

But you couldn't go anywhere in them days without it. Talk of the warriors, I had a terrible one at Barnsley. Think it was 80/81 midweek game league cup. Fuckin freezing it was. Me and 3 of the lads went to the game in a clapped out auld banger one of the lads had. After the game it took the knock. We was stuck in Barnsley on our todd. It would take a book to tell about getting home that night. Fucking horrible.

Walsall was another one. Bad time getting home that night. And I even remember getting legged at Loftus road of all places. Loftus fucking road. 4 of us, making our way the game, got sussed by about 30 of them and legged every fucking where. I've had it off with them all.

But the probable worse was the battle of Maine road. In all honesty, I actually enjoyed that one. Fucking wrecked the gaff and done a good few of them in. But in all truth, as much as I miss plenty about the 70's and early 80's, you can stick that fucking aggro melarkey. Thank fuck it's mainly gone.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Nebraska Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1065 on: January 5, 2009, 10:21:03 pm »
leaving White Hart lane after we beat them 1-0 in the cup with a Terry Mac goal, I saw a blade flash toward my brother's back and grabbed him just as the slasher went for him. All he did was slash his coat, but my brother felt nothing.

We made our way to the tube, got chased by a small mob but were helped by a few older Spurs fans. My brother nearly died when he saw the state of his coat.

My "fondest " memory is a trip in a nice new car down to Villa Park, only to be told by the driver (half way down the M6) that he had nicked it from a car park in Liverpool city centre. I did not get a ride back with those lads.

I am 50 yo and I still miss those trips on the train or the Barnes Travel coaches. As I got older and made my own way by car, the "fun times" just stopped.

My favorite places were Man City, Derby County and Sunderland in the 70's. The weather always appeard to be grim and the locals even grimmer.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: January 5, 2009, 10:22:43 pm »

Barnsley fans waving £20 notes at us, cheeky bastards,

Did they have Queen Victoria on them?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: January 5, 2009, 10:25:56 pm »
To me most of it was shithouse coward shite. Always some poor c*nts getting collared by a gang and twatted. The worst I remember was Man U in the old second division. Dirty fuckers rampaging up and down the country, terrifying innocent shoppers, kids and auld people on a Saturday afternoon in little market towns.
Shit houses.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: January 5, 2009, 10:27:12 pm »
For all the rose tinted memories of travelling away in the 70's and 80's the post Heysel and E generation period offered up a more relaxed and enjoyable time for away games.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: January 5, 2009, 10:27:16 pm »
To me most of it was shithouse coward shite. Always some poor c*nts getting collared by a gang and twatted. The worst I remember was Man U in the old second division. Dirty fuckers rampaging up and down the country, terrifying innocent shoppers, kids and auld people on a Saturday afternoon in little market towns.
Shit houses.

Aye they had a very bad rep in them days.  Leeds were the same after they got relegated.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: January 5, 2009, 10:29:04 pm »
Shit houses.

Remember the Manc falling through the stand roof at Norwich?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: January 5, 2009, 10:32:16 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I was one naughty little scally meself. Straight up story - little crew of us bricked the Man U team coach to fuck one year when it was stopped on the Lancs. It made the papers. You might remember it. But we used to do it all the time. Always welcomed the Mancs to Liverpool. Kopped a few of the poor bastards making their way home an all. Used to batter and rob them, leave a few in their skiddies. bad little fuckers we was. But looking back on it, it was out of order.

Funny one, years later I was standing with some lads from Scottie I know by the players entrance when the Manc team coach pulled up. One of them gassed the fuckers. I know you'll all remember that.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: January 5, 2009, 10:32:56 pm »
Don't know how the fuck he never died. Didn't half go.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: January 5, 2009, 10:36:31 pm »

Didn't it happen to a lad somewhere else too?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: January 5, 2009, 10:39:41 pm »
I fucking hated all the kick offs to be honest. I got kicked into a coma by Mancs at Anfield. Straight up, at Anfield. I was unconcious for 3 days after it with water on me brain. When I came round I had a fucking head like the Elephant Man. Fucking Big coggies all over it, full of water.
I was only 13. I was on me way to meet me mates on me todd. I was making me way up from Lower Breck, cut through a few sidies and walked bang, slap right into about 50 of the horrible fuckers.
I was a little Skinhead. Original skinhead from 69 me. I'm still one in me own little way. Still love the Ska and The Stax, Lambrettas, Skin/Mod clobber and all that malarkey. FFS I've still got a pair of OX-Blood DM's.
Anyway, the dirty bastards - grown fucking men - kicked me round like a rag doll. when I came round and got me clober back. It was all I was bothered about. I didn't even have Air Ware, only Monkey boots. And I only had one decent Ben Sherman and a pair of KD's. I wore them to the match all the time. They was fucked. Covered in every colour boot polish, soul prints and shite and all tore to fuck. Bad times.

But you couldn't go anywhere in them days without it. Talk of the warriors, I had a terrible one at Barnsley. Think it was 80/81 midweek game league cup. Fuckin freezing it was. Me and 3 of the lads went to the game in a clapped out auld banger one of the lads had. After the game it took the knock. We was stuck in Barnsley on our todd. It would take a book to tell about getting home that night. Fucking horrible.

Walsall was another one. Bad time getting home that night. And I even remember getting legged at Loftus road of all places. Loftus fucking road. 4 of us, making our way the game, got sussed by about 30 of them and legged every fucking where. I've had it off with them all.

But the probable worse was the battle of Maine road. In all honesty, I actually enjoyed that one. Fucking wrecked the gaff and done a good few of them in. But in all truth, as much as I miss plenty about the 70's and early 80's, you can stick that fucking aggro melarkey. Thank fuck it's mainly gone.

Funny you should say that about getting done at Anfield.
The worst hiding I ever got was at home.
I was meeting some of the lads after the match but couldn't find them.
I walked through the entry towards the Main Stand car park but there were a load of Spurs coming the other way so I did a sharp about turn.
Only to bump into a load of our boys who were what turned out to be a scouting party.
They were all men and I was only about 14. "Seen any Spurs lad" I didn't have time to answer them when they spotted each other. I just got dragged into it and took the knock. Next thing I'm on the floor and covering up. I didn't feel much but I remember some lad trying to pull my hands  away from my face and a Scouser fucking wellied him. He jumped all over the twat.

All over in no time and then legged it. When we had got clear some feller said to me " Shit lad, you've been cut there"
I looked down and I was covered in blood. All over my arms and hands where they'd tried to get my face.
Some woman in the laundrette on Breck Road let me go in and get washed up.
I was more worried about trying to get past my Ma without explaining why my clobber was shredded.

Main Road was worse than OT in those days.
All those little entries.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2009, 10:41:54 pm by shanklyboy »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: January 5, 2009, 10:48:46 pm »
Frightening gaff Maine Rd Shanks. But like I said, you could kop it at the most daft of places, Walsall, QPR, Fucking Barnsley. Mad.

I can't find the post, but the lad who said his brother near kopped it in the back... I walked out of Stanley Park in the middle of a laod of Blackburn fans. They'd just got off the coaches. I was walking along keeping schtum. But they was all just football fans, no baddies. As we come out of Stanley Park a little crew of street rats ran through them and ran off. seemed nothing had happened, but then some poor c*nt's back opened up to fuck. It was nice sunny, shirt sleeves day. I looked at the poor lads back. He had a white t-shirt on. It turned red in front of me eyes. Poor c*nt was ripped from shoulder to waist. Fucking awful. Some little street rat had stanleyed the poor fucker. He was only an ordinary fella.

I know we've all seen some terrible ones. You can't be a footy fan of our age and not have seen it. But that made me feel ashamed - scuttling off as people started crying and flapping. Fucking horrible.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: January 5, 2009, 10:53:24 pm »
Well, didn't mean to put a damper on proceedings. And I know no one's gloryfying it but I had to be honest. I miss the atmosphere of the kop. I miss the mad aways. I miss absolutely loads about the days, but as for the violence I'm glad them days are gone.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: January 5, 2009, 11:05:11 pm »
I'm off now, but I tell you the sort of thing I really miss....
Someone was on about the pub by Euston. I remember that. But remember they had a pub inside the station? On the way out, on your left as you left the station.

Well, I saw Tommy, the auld fella I've mentioned in here before who got borstal off Billy Liddell, in there. I can't remember what game it was. I think it was a big one, even a final maybe. Anyway, Tommy was going round with spot the balls and a scabby auld lighter in a little velvet box. He was saying it was a Dunhill worth a few bob. I think fellas were doing the spot just to give the auld c*nt a few bob. But he had a pocket full of them moody spot the balls and his mate sitting in the corner must have won it about 20 times.

Suppose you had to be there, but it was funny as fuck

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: January 5, 2009, 11:23:25 pm »
Shit houses.

I remember that.
The club made a statement saying it wasn't their supporters but fans of other teams with Man Utd scarves on.
A bit like when they kick off abroad and the club lodges a complaint straight away about how poorly their wonderful supporters have been treated by the police.

Have a gander at these fucking angelic gobshites.

Got to love the arl feller against the big skinhead on this.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_GBWwOwpv0Q

Oh and Frannie Lee v Norman Hunter and a nice liitle win for us against The Mancs at 5mins 42 sec
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F2mxk_HZEyY

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1079 on: January 5, 2009, 11:41:29 pm »

Oh and Frannie Lee v Norman Hunter and a nice liitle win for us against The Mancs at 5mins 42 sec
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F2mxk_HZEyY
Brilliant stuff, sb. I was in the Anny Road for that game. I think the Mancs had just come up from the old 2nd division and we gave them a severe lesson on and off the pitch.. ;)

I'm sure Coppell scored for them, but it doesn't show it there.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2009, 11:43:33 pm by Terry De Niro »