Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3544081 times)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #15640 on: January 6, 2020, 06:05:30 pm »
On the world club cup, I was in the store killing time before the game and was told it's only on the home Champions league shirt. And that you can't have it added to a shirt you've already bought.

I've checked the site and you can order the away shirt with the CWC badge. So that maybe nonsense. But they specifically had a sign up saying they can't add it to shirts that have already been purchased

That’s disappointing, was hoping to add the badge to my shirt!! Surprised they’re not letting you pay £15 to add. I don’t think they’ll sell as many as expected as most people who wanted one has already got one

As much as I want a shirt with the badge, not a chance

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
  • Can I tell you the story of a poor boy
« Reply #15641 on: January 6, 2020, 06:12:05 pm »
They will sell plenty of them when the Nike kit gets launched. This version will be the more collectible for people who are into that sort of thing, especially the away one, Can’t see too many of those being sold.
One day, it will happen

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15642 on: January 6, 2020, 08:26:05 pm »
They will sell plenty of them when the Nike kit gets launched. This version will be the more collectible for people who are into that sort of thing, especially the away one, Can’t see too many of those being sold.

Obviously there is the Nike shirt next season. But there's something about having the two champions badges on the same shirt. Of course if we get to Istanbul....

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15643 on: January 6, 2020, 08:40:03 pm »
Was in the club store yesterday. Staff said Fifa are being crafty by not letting the club sell the patches separately and that they are trying to fight it...
I had similar problems trying to the six times patch from the club shop. I wanted to buy one to go on a training top I was buying there. They said they weren't allowed to do it, nor could they sell me a patch individually.

I think I could have got their bank details out of them easier than I could get them to sell me a damn patch.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #15644 on: January 6, 2020, 09:38:27 pm »
I have used this other site a few times called sandycn got mine for 25 with badges from there

What’s the quality like?

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #15645 on: January 6, 2020, 09:44:18 pm »
What’s the quality like?

they have pictures on there site not too bad really usually get it quick too
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
  • Can I tell you the story of a poor boy
« Reply #15646 on: January 6, 2020, 10:49:35 pm »
Obviously there is the Nike shirt next season. But there's something about having the two champions badges on the same shirt. Of course if we get to Istanbul....

Indeed, hence why I’ve taken the plunge and forked out again. Wife wasn’t best pleased
One day, it will happen

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #15647 on: January 6, 2020, 11:19:02 pm »
Do you think someone in our club marketing dept. have decided that all our non-Home shirts since NB came on the scene (to be followed by Nike) will have to be a bit radical and non-traditional LFC?

We've had neon yellow, bright orange... and now light Portugal green?

It's almost as if they're trying to introduce new colours into football shirt culture just so we can be called pioneers!

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #15648 on: January 6, 2020, 11:22:45 pm »
How?

it seems it been confirmed by some buys who know, but let's just say there's not a chance in hell Nike are just gonna slap their logo on an old Adidas kit.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15649 on: January 7, 2020, 08:02:26 am »
Just been announced.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #15650 on: January 7, 2020, 08:05:31 am »
Confirmed - effective from June 1st.. assuming they'll reveal it in advance to be sold from that day

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/381644-liverpool-fc-announces-multi-year-partnership-with-nike-as-official-kit-supplier-from-2020-21
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #15651 on: January 7, 2020, 09:19:21 am »
I have used this other site a few times called sandycn got mine for 25 with badges from there
http://www.sandycn.net/19-20-Liverpool-Home-Soccer-Jersey-p41404.html

nice i might go with that
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15652 on: January 7, 2020, 11:33:23 am »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/01/liverpool-fc-officially-announce-long-term-kit-deal-with-nike/

'Nike and Liverpool have already agreed on designs for the kits for next season, with a deep red similar to Portugal’s shirts at the 2018 World Cup favoured for the home kit. Hyper turquoise and dark grey are rumoured as colours for the away and third kits respectively.'

Pros & cons.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #15653 on: January 7, 2020, 11:52:01 am »
Fed up seeing comments on Facebook and Twitter against this deal upset we are finished with new balance these are probs the same fans who slate the kits NB have made for us. I don't care if you don't like the kit then don't buy it no one is forcing you to pay £60 on a 'basic nike template kit'

As long as it brings in more money as a company for Liverpool I am not bothered who the supplier is.

Retro Chelsea kit they done for FA cup looks class wouldn't mind something like that with a White V neck .

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15654 on: January 7, 2020, 11:58:57 am »
Some papers suggesting 80m per season. Fck knows where they’ve pulled them figures from.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15655 on: January 7, 2020, 12:06:11 pm »

Retro Chelsea kit they done for FA cup looks class wouldn't mind something like that with a White V neck .
Yeah, that Chelsea kit idea really is nice.

Wish they'd do something classic and minimal like that with ours.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15656 on: January 7, 2020, 12:08:31 pm »
Some papers suggesting 80m per season. Fck knows where they’ve pulled them figures from.
their arse

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15657 on: January 7, 2020, 12:09:41 pm »

Keegan 74 skins would be boss :D

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #15658 on: January 7, 2020, 12:09:47 pm »

I like keeping them basic or retro no stupid colours or designs.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15659 on: January 7, 2020, 12:11:20 pm »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/01/liverpool-fc-officially-announce-long-term-kit-deal-with-nike/

'Nike and Liverpool have already agreed on designs for the kits for next season, with a deep red similar to Portugal’s shirts at the 2018 World Cup favoured for the home kit. Hyper turquoise and dark grey are rumoured as colours for the away and third kits respectively.'

Pros & cons.

The fuck is "Hyper Turquoise"?  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15660 on: January 7, 2020, 12:19:16 pm »
Goodbye Warrior/New Balance

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #15661 on: January 7, 2020, 12:25:32 pm »
The fuck is "Hyper Turquoise"?  ;D

Just nip to B&Q mate.  It was a world of colour that I had never heard of until the Mrs said something about morning breeze and then started showing me colour schemes.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #15662 on: January 7, 2020, 12:26:35 pm »

Owned a couple  purple 3rd top, white and black away kit ( thoses tops were horrible bar the home that season ) yellow away season after
then last season home but it is the one out this year with dates and starts of European cup win

only ones I like out that lot are,

this season home away and keeper kit
last season home
and season before that home

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15663 on: January 7, 2020, 12:29:19 pm »
Just nip to B&Q mate.  It was a world of colour that I had never heard of until the Mrs said something about morning breeze and then started showing me colour schemes.

;D

I remember once was painting my sis house, she kept going on about wanting to paint the living room "Duck Egg" kept going on and on about it, kept thinking what the fuck is "Duck Egg"?, turned out the daft cow wanted it painted blue.  ;D

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #15664 on: January 7, 2020, 12:31:22 pm »
;D

I remember once was painting my sis house, she kept going on about wanting to paint the living room "Duck Egg" kept going on and on about it, kept thinking what the fuck is "Duck Egg"?, turned out the daft cow wanted it painted blue.  ;D

I will allow dark and pale blue as colours in my vocabulary which makes me very hip and with it. You're in the dark ages there mate  ;D
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #15665 on: January 7, 2020, 12:34:58 pm »
Red, white and yellow. That's how it should be and I don't really know why is it so difficult to the shirt manufacturers.
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #15666 on: January 7, 2020, 12:42:33 pm »

On the whole I am going to miss NB/ Warrior.  I think the vast majority are big fans of the move to the darker red which they introduced ,although whether that was their idea or the clubs is obviously unknown.  The NB home kits were all very good, with the 125 year anniversary kit being a standout, and the 2013/ 14 Warrior home shirt was very good as well.  The away shirts ranged from god awful (pretty much all of the Warrior ones) to really good (NB orange and both of this years).  GK kit was always excellent under NB as well, although it does help having Alisson modelling it...

But cash is king, and if it helps us on the field then I welcome Nike with open arms.  Just make sure you stick to the dark red!

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15667 on: January 7, 2020, 12:53:33 pm »
13/14 and 17/18 were beautiful home shirts. Both in the argument for top 5 of all time for Liverpool.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15668 on: January 7, 2020, 01:00:25 pm »
Red, white and yellow. That's how it should be and I don't really know why is it so difficult to the shirt manufacturers.

Welcome to Rawk :D

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15669 on: January 7, 2020, 01:08:28 pm »
13/14 and 17/18 were beautiful home shirts. Both in the argument for top 5 of all time for Liverpool.

Looking at the right date? 13/14 is the worst home kit we have ever had.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #15670 on: January 7, 2020, 01:11:39 pm »

Are you looking at the right date? The one below that season is fucking terrible.

... and it reminds me of Rickie Lambert so makes it even worse.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15671 on: January 7, 2020, 01:24:52 pm »
Was excited for the 1st Warrior shirt.

I still have the free t-shirt that came with it and wear it frequently. 
Silly lettering but damn good t shirt.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15672 on: January 7, 2020, 01:31:58 pm »
13/14 is gorgeous.  The years are underneath the respective kits.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #15673 on: January 7, 2020, 02:10:38 pm »
2014/2015 was the really horrible one*. Cheap and nasty. The only real misfire of a home kit under the Warrior/New Balance contract.

*For sake of clarity, the 2014/2015 is the third one down from the top.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #15674 on: January 7, 2020, 02:15:02 pm »
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15675 on: January 7, 2020, 02:16:20 pm »
the 2013-4 kit was lovely.

next 2 were very meh

16-17 not great but since then WOW

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #15676 on: January 7, 2020, 02:33:13 pm »
the 2013-4 kit was lovely.

next 2 were very meh

16-17 not great but since then WOW

17-18 home kit my personal favorite, closely followed by the 13-14 third kit
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15677 on: January 7, 2020, 02:38:25 pm »
I'd like to see a shade in between the "orange" and the "amaranto".  Basically like the 80's kits. I hope Nike will recreate some of that. While amaranto is lovely as a colour it still doesn't quite feel like Liverpool to me.

The best Warrior/NB kit was definitely last season's. It felt less forced than the 2017-18 one and cleaner than the 2019-20 kit.

On the other hand, it's hard to tell with lighting on cameras and stuff like that how dark red a shirt is. In some pictures, even the 2017-18 one looks quite moderately red.
Linudden.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15678 on: January 7, 2020, 02:50:11 pm »
17/18, then 19/20, then 12/13 are the best homes for me.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15679 on: January 7, 2020, 02:51:41 pm »
snip

Without quoting those trainer monstrosities again ;D didn't Barca have a shirt that colour?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."