Author Topic: General Running Thread  (Read 799238 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: General Running Thread
« Reply #18720 on: May 27, 2021, 05:27:32 pm »
Cheers guys, I have improved a lot, it's just difficult to always be satisfied with what you've done at times!

Got a slight groin strain now from footy so am having a couple of rest days as I start to build my mileage up again following a drastic taper for the PB attempt.
They're horrible, but interval sessions are what gets you seriously fit. One I do is 10 x 1 minute - you run hard (basically at like 80% your max) for 1 minute, stop/walk/gently jog for a minute, then repeat. It's hard but you'll quickly be able to add reps. Alternatively you can do 20 x 30, which is the same premise but easier despite the reduced rest. Pretty much what Mark said anyway.

I'm gonna keep training towards 5km, and if I ever reach that holy grail of sub 16:30, I'll switch my attention to 10km.

I did 10 x 1 minute ‘sprints’ today. Mile and a half jog to get there as a warm up, 10 of those with, if I’m being honest, a minute of walking rather than slow jogging as a recovery and then a mile and a half home again (uphill).

Again, if I’m being honest I’m sure my first 5 would have been a fair bit quicker than my second 5 but tried to open up and stretch it out each time.

Definitely got the heart going more than my average trudge of the same distance. Cheers for the guidance.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #18721 on: May 28, 2021, 08:09:46 am »
unfortunately a bad week

ran 4 days monday to thursday last week. nothing this week or most of next week, chest infection since sunday, on antibiotics til thursday
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #18722 on: May 28, 2021, 08:59:45 am »
I did 10 x 1 minute ‘sprints’ today. Mile and a half jog to get there as a warm up, 10 of those with, if I’m being honest, a minute of walking rather than slow jogging as a recovery and then a mile and a half home again (uphill).

Again, if I’m being honest I’m sure my first 5 would have been a fair bit quicker than my second 5 but tried to open up and stretch it out each time.

Definitely got the heart going more than my average trudge of the same distance. Cheers for the guidance.
Sounds a good effort Nick. I wouldn't worry too much about the intensity you're moving at during the rest periods, as long as you are moving. It's a weird session in some ways, because often you'll cover less distance in the time than if you'd just ran at a comfortable pace, but you come out feeling pretty knackered. If you can build up to a light jog/run during the recovery periods it'll build your endurance and aerobic fitness a treat.

unfortunately a bad week

ran 4 days monday to thursday last week. nothing this week or most of next week, chest infection since sunday, on antibiotics til thursday
Can't be helped, it's shit something side-lining your efforts. I've a groin strain from footy and am walking round like a board, I reckon I will need 3-5 days off which has derailed my mileage for this week.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18723 on: May 28, 2021, 09:27:43 am »
Sounds a good effort Nick. I wouldn't worry too much about the intensity you're moving at during the rest periods, as long as you are moving. It's a weird session in some ways, because often you'll cover less distance in the time than if you'd just ran at a comfortable pace, but you come out feeling pretty knackered. If you can build up to a light jog/run during the recovery periods it'll build your endurance and aerobic fitness a treat.
Can't be helped, it's shit something side-lining your efforts. I've a groin strain from footy and am walking round like a board, I reckon I will need 3-5 days off which has derailed my mileage for this week.
it is

had a groin issue years ago and it took ages to go away, training on it didnt help

at least with anti biotics ill lay off the booze

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18724 on: June 1, 2021, 08:55:06 am »
it is

had a groin issue years ago and it took ages to go away, training on it didnt help

at least with anti biotics ill lay off the booze
Tried to do my normal stuff on it last week and it's just exacerbated the issue, my own stupid fault. Stayed off it for about 4 days now and going away to York for a few nights, so will use that as a break to hopefully reset and kick the issue.

I don't want to have to go the physio and be off it for weeks so I'll definitely resist the urge to run.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18725 on: June 1, 2021, 09:01:15 am »
was about October 2003 i got mine, i was training really hard for a tournament I was in  (Actually for the HJC)

Continued to train on it, a 5 a side league with a squad of 6 we had, for good measure 4 of the lads didnt turn up on the day so the team had to pull out although I did get put on another team

but between then and christmas the groin issue got worse, eventually got to the stage every time I tried to resume training it flared up. Was Probably October 2004 by the time it finally fucked off. The training on it in the early part multiplied the recovery time. Had i backed off for even a week things wouldnt have been as bad.

Couldnt do any training and piled on the weight. Was 14 stone 7 before that injury, have never got back to the weight. Am sure I put on a fair bit of muscle since as I am way stronger but not 3-4 stone of it. 1 maybe

so you should definitely rest it

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18726 on: June 1, 2021, 09:45:42 am »
Yeah I'm going to see how I feel at the weekend, because at that stage I will have had a full week off. Annoyed at myself for doing that session on it last week.

Yours sounds quite bad Razor, definitely made me be a bit more realistic and drop the 'it'll be fine' attitude I've been going with at present.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18727 on: June 1, 2021, 09:58:09 am »
Yeah I'm going to see how I feel at the weekend, because at that stage I will have had a full week off. Annoyed at myself for doing that session on it last week.

Yours sounds quite bad Razor, definitely made me be a bit more realistic and drop the 'it'll be fine' attitude I've been going with at present.
was a long time ago but took ages to get over

over did it and didnt rest.

Very annoying too when it wouldnt go away, frustration only added too by the fact I was doing it as part of a team for a tournament that 2/3rds of the team didnt turn up too

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #18728 on: June 4, 2021, 03:03:11 pm »
Hello old friends, long time no see

After completely falling off the running wagon, last race being a slow half 2 years ago, and having done no more than a handful of 5ks this year, ive signed up for a half in a month and a bit.

I think I should just take it steady and plod round - so would you all advise I just put as many miles in the legs between now and then?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18729 on: June 7, 2021, 09:40:19 am »
I think I should just take it steady and plod round - so would you all advise I just put as many miles in the legs between now and then?
Good stuff Jake - within reason!

If you're going from nothing to training for a half, I'd advise maybe starting with 20 miles a week and then adding 10% each week whilst throwing the odd longer run in to ensure you can do the distance when it comes to it.

Don't do too much and risk injury. You may have a stronger base than I'm suggesting above and could start with more miles.

I'm still not running, almost two weeks now and missing it. Doing a 7 mile walk every day to keep myself active and avoid putting pressure on my groin. It's not as bad as it was a week ago but every time I think 'I'll be fine tomorrow' I still have lingering pain. If it is still with me by middle of this week I'll be going to the physio because I can't have any longer off without knowing the route to combat the issue.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18730 on: June 7, 2021, 11:32:46 am »
Go to the physio now. You should have done last week to be honest, you'd be well on your way to running again by now :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18731 on: June 7, 2021, 11:35:31 am »
Go to the physio now. You should have done last week to be honest, you'd be well on your way to running again by now :D
I should've done mate, time and money being an issue. Away with work for several days then a long-rearranged trip to York with my partner for a few days - wrap that up with saving for a house and things have been tight both money and time wise.

Booked in for tomorrow though now.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18732 on: June 7, 2021, 11:38:33 am »
Fair enough mate

Start of with some isometric adductor squeeze exercises at 0, 45 and 90 degrees hip flexion. Hold for 10-15 seconds within your pain range, you can pretty much do as many of these as you want throughout the day. Always my first go to with groin strains.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18733 on: June 7, 2021, 11:45:26 am »
Fair enough mate

Start of with some isometric adductor squeeze exercises at 0, 45 and 90 degrees hip flexion. Hold for 10-15 seconds within your pain range, you can pretty much do as many of these as you want throughout the day. Always my first go to with groin strains.
Thanks for that. The pain is the most minimal it's been in this time so will get on that.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #18734 on: June 7, 2021, 04:20:55 pm »
Thinking of entering my first ever race. There's a 10k happening near me in August.

My best effort is 42 minutes a few months ago, though I wasn't actually trying for a PB or anything so I'm sure I can go faster. I won't be anywhere near competing, but looking at past results I can get into the top 50 with that time. I'd love to have a really good crack at it. Strava says the course has 380ft of elevation.

Anyway, what would you all advise in terms of training? Has anything in particular worked for you guys? It's almost two months away to the day. Most articles I see online seem to suggest some speed work (intervals?), strength works (hills?) and then just generally getting a lot of weekly miles done at varying paces.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18735 on: June 8, 2021, 11:10:00 am »
Thinking of entering my first ever race. There's a 10k happening near me in August.

My best effort is 42 minutes a few months ago, though I wasn't actually trying for a PB or anything so I'm sure I can go faster. I won't be anywhere near competing, but looking at past results I can get into the top 50 with that time. I'd love to have a really good crack at it. Strava says the course has 380ft of elevation.

Anyway, what would you all advise in terms of training? Has anything in particular worked for you guys? It's almost two months away to the day. Most articles I see online seem to suggest some speed work (intervals?), strength works (hills?) and then just generally getting a lot of weekly miles done at varying paces.
That's a very good time if you've not got massive mileage in the bank or have trained properly. I'd probably be looking to do maybe 15 - 20 miles a week, building up 10% per week, with one long run per week that exceeds 10km (maybe 12km) at an easy pace, with the rest being easy runs around maybe 4 miles/ 6.4km in length and at least one session built around speed endurance (fartleks, rep work, tempo).

If you want any example runs let me know.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #18736 on: June 8, 2021, 01:28:48 pm »
That's a very good time if you've not got massive mileage in the bank or have trained properly. I'd probably be looking to do maybe 15 - 20 miles a week, building up 10% per week, with one long run per week that exceeds 10km (maybe 12km) at an easy pace, with the rest being easy runs around maybe 4 miles/ 6.4km in length and at least one session built around speed endurance (fartleks, rep work, tempo).

If you want any example runs let me know.
Thanks. I didn't actually know whether or not it was a good time until my friend said so. Well, good for a casual anyway! I've been running regularly for about three years now, but totally non-competitively. His comments kind of made me realise that this is the distance I feel most comfortable at. It just seems to really suit my body and I usually feel in control. The closer I move to half-marathon distance the more cumbersome I move...

I average between 15-20 miles a week. That's normally three or four runs of my local 5 mile route. Quite an undulating road, similar to the race actually. Every few weeks I go trail running on the coast too. That's between 8-10 miles and is normally about 1500ft of elevation. Not sure if it's wise carrying on with that or not, though I do think it's helped with strength.

Some example runs would be really handy mate, cheers. If you can't already tell I'm pretty clueless as to what I should be doing...and why!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18737 on: June 8, 2021, 02:00:02 pm »
Thanks. I didn't actually know whether or not it was a good time until my friend said so. Well, good for a casual anyway! I've been running regularly for about three years now, but totally non-competitively. His comments kind of made me realise that this is the distance I feel most comfortable at. It just seems to really suit my body and I usually feel in control. The closer I move to half-marathon distance the more cumbersome I move...

I average between 15-20 miles a week. That's normally three or four runs of my local 5 mile route. Quite an undulating road, similar to the race actually. Every few weeks I go trail running on the coast too. That's between 8-10 miles and is normally about 1500ft of elevation. Not sure if it's wise carrying on with that or not, though I do think it's helped with strength.

Some example runs would be really handy mate, cheers. If you can't already tell I'm pretty clueless as to what I should be doing...and why!
Not at all, if you've never had someone with experience assist it's hard to know what to do - I used to run in a completely unstructured way and only really started to improve when an experienced coach/runner started doing me plans.

Don't stop the trail stuff - like you say, good for strength.

Example runs -

Tempo - 1 - 2km warm up at a sedate pace (05:10 - 05:40 per km) then 6km at something like 04:25 /km, which you should be okay with based on your 10km time. If you find it too easy you can go quicker, but the idea is to have you working at threshold capacity and not working too hard or maxing yourself out.

Reps - 60 on, 60 off. It's a horrible one but gets you fit. Maybe 1km warm up, 60 hard running and 90% max, 60 slow jog to get your breath back. Repeat 10 -15 times dependent on how fit you feel. 2km slow warm down.

PM me if you want any help.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18738 on: June 8, 2021, 02:01:50 pm »
Just been out for a lunchtime run. Bit of a hot one today!

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #18739 on: June 8, 2021, 08:14:42 pm »
Not at all, if you've never had someone with experience assist it's hard to know what to do - I used to run in a completely unstructured way and only really started to improve when an experienced coach/runner started doing me plans.

Don't stop the trail stuff - like you say, good for strength.

Example runs -

Tempo - 1 - 2km warm up at a sedate pace (05:10 - 05:40 per km) then 6km at something like 04:25 /km, which you should be okay with based on your 10km time. If you find it too easy you can go quicker, but the idea is to have you working at threshold capacity and not working too hard or maxing yourself out.

Reps - 60 on, 60 off. It's a horrible one but gets you fit. Maybe 1km warm up, 60 hard running and 90% max, 60 slow jog to get your breath back. Repeat 10 -15 times dependent on how fit you feel. 2km slow warm down.

PM me if you want any help.
Thanks, all really handy stuff mate. Will give you a shout if I need any more help.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18740 on: June 15, 2021, 10:59:18 am »
Groin still not healed, walking twice a day at a good pace to counteract the lack of running but it's winding me up now. Missing it. Feel strange to not dart upstairs at 17:00 to get my gear on.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18741 on: June 16, 2021, 10:29:14 am »
Been struggling to do anything longer distance in recent weeks. Went out last night but was still very hot and did 5 miles but the last couple were a bit stop start.

I think it’s purely mental rather than physical. A while back did 9 mile with a mate so I think I’ve just got bored of my own company (had to happen eventually!) and I’m struggling for motivation to push myself?

Any tips?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18742 on: June 16, 2021, 10:49:13 am »
Tell yourself some of your puns?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18743 on: June 16, 2021, 10:52:56 am »
Tell yourself some of your puns?

I hate myself enough as it is.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18744 on: June 16, 2021, 11:06:00 am »
I hate myself enough as it is.

What about listening to music, podcasts or the like while you run? Or finding an interesting route to test out?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18745 on: June 16, 2021, 11:09:48 am »
What about listening to music, podcasts or the like while you run? Or finding an interesting route to test out?
Was just about to say the same. Even if I go for a walk I like to listen to music or something at least.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18746 on: June 16, 2021, 11:11:25 am »

I do all that. And I have been finding new routes in lockdown. It’s all purely motivational I think. Alas there is no substitute for being a lazy twat other than somehow making yourself commit to it.

I’m even signed up for a half marathon again in Sep so I need to start focussing on that. I’ll be fine, ultimately I know that I just have to get a plan together and make sure I stick to it as best I can.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18747 on: June 16, 2021, 11:17:05 am »
I do all that. And I have been finding new routes in lockdown. It’s all purely motivational I think. Alas there is no substitute for being a lazy twat other than somehow making yourself commit to it.

I’m even signed up for a half marathon again in Sep so I need to start focussing on that. I’ll be fine, ultimately I know that I just have to get a plan together and make sure I stick to it as best I can.

Using Strava is a great way to set yourself goals for a week, track progress, sign up for "challenges" and follow friends' activities. You can also find new routes in your area. I feel motivated to reach my weekly goal every week, as anything less would ruin my stats  ;D

I'd advice you to get on it, if you're not already  :)

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #18748 on: June 16, 2021, 09:08:51 pm »
Been struggling to do anything longer distance in recent weeks. Went out last night but was still very hot and did 5 miles but the last couple were a bit stop start.

I think it’s purely mental rather than physical. A while back did 9 mile with a mate so I think I’ve just got bored of my own company (had to happen eventually!) and I’m struggling for motivation to push myself?

Any tips?
I go through phases like this regularly. At the minute I'm the exact opposite. Absolutely gliding around my usual routes. March was horrendous though. Not only did I feel lethargic, my entire body felt uncoordinated somehow. That led to decreased motivation which of course led to slower runs. My body is surely no different now to how it was then, so like you it was probably some mental fuzz of some sort.

I think the key is to accept the slumps and take advantage of the times when you feel great. Eventually during that period I just decided not to focus on pace or anything, but just to at least enjoy being outdoors. Now that I'm feeling really good it seems wise to stretch the legs a little, whether that's added pace or distance. When I'm in a period like yours again though, I'm just going to give in to it knowing that it will eventually pass.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18749 on: June 17, 2021, 08:17:10 am »

Ha ha. I've got a marathon in August and I'm so under prepared for it, I'm up the wall with anxiety.

I'm not doing anything about it mind  :o

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18750 on: June 18, 2021, 10:26:26 am »
Still injured. Still a dull pain. I've been doing the exercises suggested by the physio but it's not helped as such as of yet. On top of that, I turned my ankle helping a mate move some furniture the other day  ;D

Almost three weeks since I last ran, it's doing my head in.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18751 on: June 18, 2021, 10:34:28 am »
Ha ha. I've got a marathon in August and I'm so under prepared for it, I'm up the wall with anxiety.

Had a good run last night. Only 4.5 miles but quite hilly and pushed myself the whole way. It’s basically the opening few miles of the half marathon I’m doing in Sep as well so feel a bit better about things now.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18752 on: June 24, 2021, 08:34:25 am »

That's interesting, I am like that - signing up for an event makes me start procrastinating and doing less... :(

All the usual advice is to sign up for things to "have a reason to train", but for me it works the opposite way.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18753 on: June 24, 2021, 09:27:44 am »
That's interesting, I am like that - signing up for an event makes me start procrastinating and doing less... :(

All the usual advice is to sign up for things to "have a reason to train", but for me it works the opposite way.

It does usually help me. I think the global pandemic has put me into a funk with regards to races.

We had Milan booked for April 2020. When that was cancelled we booked this Shrewsbury one for the same weekend. Cancelled. We also had Chicago in October 2020 cancelled. They moved Shrewsbury to September 2020 cancelled. Then April 2021. Cancelled. Milan pushed back to April 2021 then effectively cancelled.

I understand why, it's just really messed with me.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18754 on: June 24, 2021, 10:35:18 am »
It does usually help me. I think the global pandemic has put me into a funk with regards to races.

We had Milan booked for April 2020. When that was cancelled we booked this Shrewsbury one for the same weekend. Cancelled. We also had Chicago in October 2020 cancelled. They moved Shrewsbury to September 2020 cancelled. Then April 2021. Cancelled. Milan pushed back to April 2021 then effectively cancelled.

I understand why, it's just really messed with me.

I can really see how that saps motivation. It's hard to be excited about a substitute of a substitute of a substitute event. It'll be nice when it happens though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18755 on: June 24, 2021, 10:52:38 am »
I can really see how that saps motivation. It's hard to be excited about a substitute of a substitute of a substitute event. It'll be nice when it happens though.

I'll take a picture of me at mile 24 to see how nice it is.  ;)

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18756 on: June 24, 2021, 06:43:58 pm »
I'll take a picture of me at mile 24 to see how nice it is.  ;)

Hah, if you're still in a state to remember that, you'll be ok. ;D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18757 on: June 28, 2021, 11:29:57 am »
More physio next week, groin is as bad as when it started. Been icing it, stayed off it largely but still got that dull pain that intensifies when you try to do anything as testing as a slow trot.

Missing it and getting pretty frustrated now.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18758 on: June 29, 2021, 07:23:43 am »
More physio next week, groin is as bad as when it started. Been icing it, stayed off it largely but still got that dull pain that intensifies when you try to do anything as testing as a slow trot.

Missing it and getting pretty frustrated now.

So sorry for that, mate. Always stop by this thread to see how you're faring. Hopefully your issues will resolve soon and you'll be back out there with a better foundation to avoid such injuries in the future.

Personally, I've got some proper neck pains. Went for a longer run on Sunday and now my neck is sore. Think I need to work on my posture! Have a habit of leaning forward, especially when the incline increase and I'm getting tired..

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18759 on: June 29, 2021, 09:00:55 am »
So sorry for that, mate. Always stop by this thread to see how you're faring. Hopefully your issues will resolve soon and you'll be back out there with a better foundation to avoid such injuries in the future.

Personally, I've got some proper neck pains. Went for a longer run on Sunday and now my neck is sore. Think I need to work on my posture! Have a habit of leaning forward, especially when the incline increase and I'm getting tired..
It's shit but it would be naïve to think I could consistently avoid injury for this long! I had a good run and hopefully this next bout of physio will help sort it. Appreciate it though mate!

Not good about the neck, have you looked at how you're sitting for work in the day or what your pillow set up at night is like? It sounds silly but my mate developed a hip issue from being stacked too high at night and sleeping on his side. It's nuts all the little things you do without thinking that can have a huge effect.