Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 713950 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #12840 on: April 30, 2024, 08:15:51 pm »
Guardian explainer says they owe RMF £225 m at 10.25% interest.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/30/everton-crisis-explained

That is mental

A really good summary that any major outlet should have been highlighting months ago. Never a good sign when major financial institutions aren't interested in helping you out . Their approach to stadium financing screams they were hoping for government investment to bail them out at some stage
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 08:17:32 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12841 on: April 30, 2024, 08:17:24 pm »
777 sound like Ponzi schemers

They’re crooks. I reckon it’ll be the end of Everton if they eventually get their takeover approved. The problem for Everton is that’ll probably also be the end of them if the 777 takeover isn’t approved. They really are up shit creek without a paddle.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12842 on: April 30, 2024, 08:18:28 pm »
I think there are some very dark days ahead for Everton. I don't live locally so in a way I'm not qualified to say it, but I almost don't begrudge them the derby win, as that might be it, for a very long time.

They could scab their way out of anything.

They'll still be dogs of war-ing their way to 15th place next season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12843 on: April 30, 2024, 08:18:46 pm »
They’re crooks. I reckon it’ll be the end of Everton if they eventually get their takeover approved. The problem for Everton is that’ll probably also be the end of them if the 777 takeover isn’t approved. They really are up shit creek without a paddle.

Keep going, I'm almost there
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #12844 on: April 30, 2024, 08:21:48 pm »

Storm clouds gathering over Goodison, literally and figuratively..

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12845 on: April 30, 2024, 08:23:17 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12846 on: April 30, 2024, 08:24:46 pm »
Also I know media organizations are now about transfer clicks rather than investigative journalism but revealing more about a company with zero employees that a PL club owes more than £200m to would make a career about a decade ago

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #12847 on: April 30, 2024, 08:49:06 pm »
Also I know media organizations are now about transfer clicks rather than investigative journalism but revealing more about a company with zero employees that a PL club owes more than £200m to would make a career about a decade ago

I think all the media want this club relegated. They’re toxic

Albeit I do feel a bit sorry for my bluenose friends

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12848 on: April 30, 2024, 09:19:41 pm »
A bit like Chelsea anybody wanting an Everton player this summer needs their head looking at. Speaks volumes that at this point last season they had Onana and Pickford in the shop window for the right price. Right now, crickets.

Fixed that for yer

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #12849 on: April 30, 2024, 09:31:53 pm »
So, how much of this is Rafa's fault?

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12850 on: April 30, 2024, 10:19:43 pm »
From the guardian article.....

"When companies fall into financial difficulties, directors are required to take professional advice and closely monitor a business’s finances to ensure that they are not trading while insolvent".

So the EFC directors have to take this advice when they are in serious difficulties, but aren't they basically insolvent already...without a monthly pay day loan they can't pay the running costs...it's completely mad. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12851 on: April 30, 2024, 10:23:01 pm »
They'll still demand the earth for Branthwaite and refuse to sell anyone cheap.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12852 on: April 30, 2024, 10:26:49 pm »
They'll still demand the earth for Branthwaite and refuse to sell anyone cheap.
We really really ought to bid for him just to drive them over the edge.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #12853 on: April 30, 2024, 10:32:52 pm »
I know you are joking but he's not good enough for where we need to be

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #12854 on: April 30, 2024, 11:41:26 pm »
£2m and a penny just to wind them up
They will be OK, they will appeal against adminstration and have a mass protest on county road, what is anybody worried about.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12855 on: May 1, 2024, 12:42:09 am »
don't know whether to laugh or cry .......

Everton have received a delayed payment of £16m from prospective buyers 777 Partners for day-to-day operational costs, taking the amount loaned by the Miami-based investment fund to more than £200m.

777 agreed to buy owner Farhad Moshiri's 94% stake in the club in September, but the protracted deal is yet to be ratified by the Premier League.

A £158m loan repayment to MSP Sports Capital, taken out for the construction of the new stadium on Bramley Moore Dock, remains the main stumbling block.

The Toffees were supposed to receive the latest payment earlier this month but a 777 spokesperson told BBC Sport: "As of Tuesday, 777 has sent in a fresh loan to cover the working capitals needs of the club."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cqqnkgv0k19o

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12856 on: May 1, 2024, 02:07:39 am »

Everton have received a delayed payment of £16m from prospective buyers 777 Partners for day-to-day operational costs, taking the amount loaned by the Miami-based investment fund to more than £200m.

777 agreed to buy owner Farhad Moshiri's 94% stake in the club in September, but the protracted deal is yet to be ratified by the Premier League.

A £158m loan repayment to MSP Sports Capital, taken out for the construction of the new stadium on Bramley Moore Dock, remains the main stumbling block.

The Toffees were supposed to receive the latest payment earlier this month but a 777 spokesperson told BBC Sport: "As of Tuesday, 777 has sent in a fresh loan to cover the working capitals needs of the club."

It's good news. Staves off Administration for a month. Which means if they can't meet their financial obligations in June, they get points deduction for next season.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #12857 on: May 1, 2024, 05:00:06 am »
(*) A source close to EFC told Josimar that the club had enough cash available to honour payroll commitments until the end of the summer.

Who in the blue hell is Josimar
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ozired

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12858 on: May 1, 2024, 05:36:15 am »
A budget Airline here in Australia has gone into Administration, who are owned by 777 Partners. This is part of the papers report

There are fresh questions about the financial health of the American private investment firm hoping to take over Everton after passenger planes belonging to an Australian airline it owns were repossessed and its carrier left on the brink of collapse.

777 Partners – which has loaned Everton more than £200m in the seven months it has been unsuccessfully attempting to convince the Premier League it has the funds to complete a proposed takeover of the Toffees – is in the grips of a new crisis in Australia, where an airline it wholly owns, Bonza, entered administration on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 05:39:16 am by ozired »

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12859 on: May 1, 2024, 06:47:06 am »
Why would 777 want to buy a club that it is constantly lending money to because the club cannot afford to pay its operating costs? Everton are not suddenly going to start earning more money to pay these costs themselves once the takeover is complete. I’d be extremely worried if I was a bitter. Although , they beat the red shite so that’s all that matters I guess.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12860 on: May 1, 2024, 07:06:27 am »
Surely the Premier League, or other financial authorities are getting uncomfortable with Everton's finances.
They need rescuing from themselves...you can't keep borrowing to pay the wage bill. It's nuts.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12861 on: May 1, 2024, 07:22:07 am »
Surely the Premier League, or other financial authorities are getting uncomfortable with Everton's finances.
They need rescuing from themselves...you can't keep borrowing to pay the wage bill. It's nuts.

The premier league need fucking to be honest, it's all about image with them and instead of putting their foot down with the carpet baggers when it was fairly obvious they shouldn't be anywhere near a football club they were more concerned about the brand not being tarnished by a club going into administration, they should've told 777 to get to fuck and Moshiri to find another buyer, if they went into administration so be it, instead they've let it drag on for fuck knows how long and allowed them to pump in £200m or so in loans and still not look like getting the deal done, it's at the point now where they need them to take over just so the extra debt is converted to equity otherwise Everton are even more proper fucked than they would've been if 777 had been told to fuck off as soon as it became apparent they weren't fit for purpose

I love a good laugh at Everton but this has been an absolute shitshow from start to whenever it finishes, boils my piss the way the premier league carry on just to protect the brand

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12862 on: May 1, 2024, 08:33:24 am »
scored a belter for Brazil against Northern Ireland in 1986. The one against Poland was pretty good too

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12863 on: May 1, 2024, 08:36:15 am »
This guy

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRY8-sRxUII?si=hMOskMllocFM9-d8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRY8-sRxUII?si=hMOskMllocFM9-d8</a>

Norwegian football writers named a magazine after him.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12864 on: May 1, 2024, 08:44:55 am »
Why would 777 want to buy a club that it is constantly lending money to because the club cannot afford to pay its operating costs? Everton are not suddenly going to start earning more money to pay these costs themselves once the takeover is complete. I’d be extremely worried if I was a bitter. Although , they beat the red shite so that’s all that matters I guess.

Using the stadium as an asset to secure loans against. Everton are in a world of bother the only way to significantly reduce their debt burden is to sell a lot of playing staff but how do you do that without getting relegated and the financial hit that would entail. The new stadium is a white elephant it's not going to bring in that much extra income a year to make a difference to their debt burden. I'll just say it I couldn't care less if Everton ceased to exist we don't benefit at all from them being in the league anything that means we'll likely get more points in a season is fine by me it's as dispassionate as that same is true if United etc but they're not at risk of financial collapse like Everton

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #12865 on: May 1, 2024, 09:27:18 am »
Using the stadium as an asset to secure loans against. Everton are in a world of bother the only way to significantly reduce their debt burden is to sell a lot of playing staff but how do you do that without getting relegated and the financial hit that would entail. The new stadium is a white elephant it's not going to bring in that much extra income a year to make a difference to their debt burden. I'll just say it I couldn't care less if Everton ceased to exist we don't benefit at all from them being in the league anything that means we'll likely get more points in a season is fine by me it's as dispassionate as that same is true if United etc but they're not at risk of financial collapse like Everton

If they cease to exist I say we buy the stadium for £1 and use it for LFC Women or for the U21 and below teams, noice.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12866 on: May 1, 2024, 09:43:59 am »
So what would happen in real time if tomorrow (or whenever) 777 are officially told by the PL that they're not getting to buy everton?

Are 777 entitled to ask for immediate repayment of their £200 mill? Or would they just leave them owing £200 mill and take monthly interest repayments?
Same with that other mob they owe money to?
If 777 are out then does the work on the stadium come to a complete halt? As do they have to be paying their debts first before carrying out any future investment?
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12867 on: May 1, 2024, 10:12:11 am »
Good grief. Is Liz Truss their CFO or something?

She sort of was. Denise Barrett-Baxendale had no idea what she, or the owners, were doing. She, like Liz Truss, was the living embodiment of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12868 on: May 1, 2024, 10:15:30 am »
One positive for them, they won't need to use their floodlights again for a few months. That'll keep their bills down a bit.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12869 on: May 1, 2024, 10:35:03 am »

They made payday. Which is good for their staff.

If I was working for Everton, I'd be looking for a new job asap.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12870 on: May 1, 2024, 11:53:14 am »
So what would happen in real time if tomorrow (or whenever) 777 are officially told by the PL that they're not getting to buy everton?

Are 777 entitled to ask for immediate repayment of their £200 mill? Or would they just leave them owing £200 mill and take monthly interest repayments?
Same with that other mob they owe money to?
If 777 are out then does the work on the stadium come to a complete halt? As do they have to be paying their debts first before carrying out any future investment?
Moshiri would need to secure loans from another source or raise money from within the club (e.g. selling players).

A sportswasher has been their only clean route out since Usmanov was sanctioned and I think Saudi Arabia owning Newcastle has killed off any chance of that.  Which state wants to pump hundreds of millions into a club only to forever live in the shadow of Saudi Arabia?!

777 Partners would be right at the back of the queue when it came to getting their money back.  Unsecured loans and a lower priority than almost every other creditor.  I'm not sure what interest rates 777 are charging Everton so they may be happy just to farm those for a few years.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 11:54:45 am by thaddeus »

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12871 on: May 1, 2024, 12:26:29 pm »
I could see the 777 losers doing to Everton what Dai Yongge is doing to Reading. Take over, asset strip, eventually fuck off our of the country, FA release a statement saying they'll set up a new committee to prevent such things at some point in 2027.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12872 on: May 1, 2024, 12:43:15 pm »
MSP have their loans guaranteed against 51% of Moshiri's shares, right? But wouldn't they also have to take the fit and proper person's test if they wanted to take control of Everton? Would they expect the PL to view them any differently to 777? Or if they are able to provide all the details requested are the PL's hands effectively tied so that they can't block a takeover?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12873 on: May 1, 2024, 12:57:47 pm »
MSP have their loans guaranteed against 51% of Moshiri's shares, right? But wouldn't they also have to take the fit and proper person's test if they wanted to take control of Everton? Would they expect the PL to view them any differently to 777? Or if they are able to provide all the details requested are the PL's hands effectively tied so that they can't block a takeover?

Is MSP the one with no employees?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12874 on: May 1, 2024, 01:04:38 pm »
Guardian explainer says they owe RMF £225 m at 10.25% interest.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/30/everton-crisis-explained

That is mental

Should be enough to see them go under. Delicious  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12875 on: May 1, 2024, 01:16:37 pm »
Is MSP the one with no employees?
No, that's RMF (Rights and Media Funding). MSP is the one involved with the guy from Erasure.

It is hard to keep track of the various shysters funding them all right.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12876 on: May 1, 2024, 01:20:08 pm »
Been told today that the insolvency firm have not been contacted by Everton and that all the money has been paid and everything is fine. Also there are no worries about going bust, not worried about the financial side of the club  because someone will always want to buy a Premier League Club. The Quaris are sniffing around as well.

Madness, it’s as though escaping the drop with games to spare means everything is OK and they don’t need to worry about a thing now because they would have been tenth ifithandnabeenforgettingcaughtcheating
They are clearly trading whilst insolvent.

“Not arsed” about the debt, that is currently running at a target of £240m just for this year?
They are filling the ground every game yet are needing £20m monthly top ups to their revenue to enable them to pay the wages and interest on the loans they are taking out to pay the bills. 
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #12877 on: May 1, 2024, 01:58:46 pm »
Another fine mess you’ve got me into Moshi.

Had a look back at Portsmouth who were the first PL club to go into administration back in 2010.

Deducted 9pts as a result, finished bottom, but uncannily beat the Red Shite at Fratton 2-0 and reached the FAC Final losing 1-0 to moneybags Chelsea. The PL has been a sea of bad owners and dirty money for a long time.

They had debts of £135mil at that point and after 2 seasons in the Championship and 1 in League 1 they finished up in the lower reaches of League 2. It’s been a long slow road back to the Championship.

Everton have both higher debts and weekly wage bill but is the half built stadium a help or hindrance to any new buyer? If they do avoid relegation this season how many players will have to go before we start again in August.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12878 on: May 1, 2024, 02:00:22 pm »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #12879 on: May 1, 2024, 02:40:01 pm »
That's RMF.

Unbelievable!

Wait, no, that's EMF.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."