Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!  (Read 37284 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #440 on: March 9, 2021, 12:03:03 pm »
I watched the Thomas Markle interview and I don't understand his position. So if he does not hear from Meghan or Harry then he will do a story for the press? The same thing which pissed them off in the first place? What a fucking buffoon.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: March 9, 2021, 12:10:45 pm »
Markle's Dad truly is a pathetic man. Plays the victim and then says things like "I'll keep doing stories for the press until they speak to me" - blackmail.

Piers Moron is way too invested in this whole thing for someone who is totally irrelevant to the situation. Can't believe he stormed off.

The whole interview was amazing. I can't see how anyone can question their motives. Harry is complaining about the very thing that killed his mother.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: March 9, 2021, 12:28:56 pm »
Markle's Dad truly is a pathetic man. Plays the victim and then says things like "I'll keep doing stories for the press until they speak to me" - blackmail.

Piers Moron is way too invested in this whole thing for someone who is totally irrelevant to the situation. Can't believe he stormed off.

The whole interview was amazing. I can't see how anyone can question their motives. Harry is complaining about the very thing that killed his mother.

I'm with you on this.

I can't believe how many people are getting sucked into what the British tabloids say/have said about them.

Everyone knows the British press have no morals, are corrupt and lie - to the point where several high-profile people have taken their lives or entered depression or have massive PTSD.

Yet, 'scandal' after 'scandal', people remain gullible and like Meghan said, base their opinions on their presumptions rather than reality.

The press have vilified them and printed lies and the family have obviously not offered their support with a 'it is how it is' mindset, why shouldn't they come out now and present their side of the story now they're on the other side of things? The focus on Meghan vs Harry is remarkable. There's such an 'oh poor naive Harry' narrative when it's clear he made the decision to get his family out of that environment, not Meghan.

When you're siding with Daily Mail commentators, the 'anti-woke' and 'anti-BLM' groups, question whether your opinion is based on reality or what the press has been telling you. The dynamic described by them that the Royal Family and the press rely on each other should tell you everything.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: March 9, 2021, 12:37:50 pm »
I watched the Thomas Markle interview and I don't understand his position. So if he does not hear from Meghan or Harry then he will do a story for the press? The same thing which pissed them off in the first place? What a fucking buffoon.

It's remarkable how he keeps popping up like a bad smell.  You'd think he'd get the reason she doesn't want to speak to him by now, but he keeps persisting.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #444 on: March 9, 2021, 12:59:46 pm »
It's remarkable how he keeps popping up like a bad smell.  You'd think he'd get the reason she doesn't want to speak to him by now, but he keeps persisting.

I’m no fan of Meghan but fuck me she deserves some respect for having to be the daughter of that complete tosser.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #445 on: March 9, 2021, 01:10:27 pm »
Going by the quotes from it i've seen...people can dress this up with the incredibly overused 'WE NEED CONTEXT' all they want. What really fucks me off with talk of racism nowadays is people IGNORE the main word in all of these quotes. As a black man its so fucking tiring seeing so many cop outs for things that are simply racist, no ifs, buts or maybes.

CONCERNS is the key fucking word. People are tripping over themselves to say how unfortunate it is for this poor family and state these are huge accusations with 'no context' ignoring the fact that CONCERNS were raised about what colour a babies skin would be. That is the fucking context!!!!

To add to that, Piers Moron is a c*nt. If anyone wants to question privilege... Talking on national TV about someone stating they felt suicidal, branding them a liar and KNOWING you will keep your job is the very definition of privilege. This Morgan, Trump, Hopkins 'just sayimg what everyone thinks but is afraid to say' shite cant fuck off soon enough

I have been posting (above) that I thought it needed context, and do you know what having read yours and other posts above I am prepared to admit that I am wrong and that actually perhaps it is unconscious and unintentional bias. It has certainly given me pause for thought.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: March 9, 2021, 01:18:11 pm »
Tony Evans
Love him or hate him,
But he has summed up what being a “royalist” is all about

https://twitter.com/tonyevans92a/status/1369126911545380867?s=21

Good stuff - there's clearly a worry among the right-wing press that the interview will hasten a debate on abolishing the monarchy after The Queen dies.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #447 on: March 9, 2021, 01:56:00 pm »
Agreed mate. I spelled the context out perfectly well yesterday but I guess people just ignore and see what they want to see.

Honestly mate, sometimes it's so obvious its infuriating. It's not just a 'maybe its misunderstood', the words were there and it doesn't take huge reading between the lines to see it.

I have been posting (above) that I thought it needed context, and do you know what having read yours and other posts above I am prepared to admit that I am wrong and that actually perhaps it is unconscious and unintentional bias. It has certainly given me pause for thought.

Fair play for seeing the error mate. To be honest, personally I am just tired of these things always needing more clarification, sometimes it really is as cut and dry as 'this was said and it's wrong'.

/

This whole thing is a running theme. The racist element is so clear to see and fair fucking play to them for speaking up on it. People are saying they dont see whats to gain but abuse is abuse, fucking call it out. Maybe i'm biased but if a family i'm supposed to be a part of is happy to allow my name to be dragged through the mud, me to be slated and abused in huge contrast to someone else based on my race and nationality then it would take a hell of a lot to stop me from speaking up in defence of myself and my partner and child. Fuck staying quiet and the point is bringing to light the disgusting shit that goes on and is allowed to go on when its against certain people. Expose it and make it clear to every and anyone who will listen. This kind of shit needs to end and seeing someone state they were suicidal... being met with 'you're a liar' is fucking sickening.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #448 on: March 9, 2021, 02:29:27 pm »
Morgan’s still on a 1 man crusade. Guess it’s up to ITV to point out to him there’s actual other news to cover.  Ridiculous. 

His opening from today's show was stomach-churningly backwards/horrible too (https://twitter.com/chrisrickett/status/1369179989787238400).  Loathe to share him really - he's like Accidental Partridge but sinister.  Not sure what to make of Susanna Reid really - Stewart Lee's bit on Richard Hammond springs to mind.

Though, it did lead to this exchange which amused me:

Ms Nelson @MsNels_ · 6h

I don’t understand why he is allowed to be so sexist and racist on TV and @ITV and @GMB are just allowing it
Simple Rick's Simple Wafer Cookie @GeoffSlaughter
Replying to @MsNels_ @chrisrickett and 2 others

Because they have an audience for it. A sponge doesn't care if it soaks up champagne or piss.

8:11 am · 9 Mar 2021·Twitter for Android

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: March 9, 2021, 02:38:45 pm »
This kind of shit needs to end and seeing someone state they were suicidal... being met with 'you're a liar' is fucking sickening.

The thing that made feel like puking yesterday was this.

For months now we’ve heard people who 12 months ago had never commented on, or expressed any sort of sympathy for, mental health issues, and sufferers of said issues, start talking more and more about mental health.  Some of them had been, shall we say, “sceptical” of the whole thing previously.  Then suddenly they start chirping about it and claiming they really care about mental health issues (because it was the most convenient hook to hang their anti-lockdown stance on.)

Now, I struggled a bit with that as I was highly dubious of their reasons for mentioning it and worried if people aren’t genuine then it might eventually cause more problems than it solved.  But at least it was being mentioned more. It might have actually been possible that we were finally destigmatising anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts and so on.

But, nope. Along comes a high profile case and the same people who had previously been ignoring/stigmatising the problem before jumping on an anti lockdown bandwagon leap back into their old ways and call someone they don’t like a liar for admitting they were suffering.  No understanding of the strength required to admit to having those thoughts, or admit to those closest to you that you are desperately struggling.  They just see it as “an easy way to get sympathy”. c*nts.

And in one fell swoop we’re back to people not wanting to mention it because they worry people don’t give a shit and would rather be horrible to someone rather than show sympathy. Sickening indeed.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2021, 02:46:41 pm by Kekule »

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: March 9, 2021, 03:04:29 pm »

When I ramble about bravery, this is the kinda thing I mean. Well in
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #451 on: March 9, 2021, 03:29:02 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: March 9, 2021, 03:46:57 pm »
The members of the Royal Family are the visible tip of a fucking big iceberg called The British Establishment....any ship of scandal that hits the visible ice berg may chip off a few chunks of ice but ultimatly the ship will be sunk by the berg beneath the murkey waves....usual the media part

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: March 9, 2021, 03:51:31 pm »
The thing that made feel like puking yesterday was this.

For months now we’ve heard people who 12 months ago had never commented on, or expressed any sort of sympathy for, mental health issues, and sufferers of said issues, start talking more and more about mental health.  Some of them had been, shall we say, “sceptical” of the whole thing previously.  Then suddenly they start chirping about it and claiming they really care about mental health issues (because it was the most convenient hook to hang their anti-lockdown stance on.)

Now, I struggled a bit with that as I was highly dubious of their reasons for mentioning it and worried if people aren’t genuine then it might eventually cause more problems than it solved.  But at least it was being mentioned more. It might have actually been possible that we were finally destigmatising anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts and so on.

But, nope. Along comes a high profile case and the same people who had previously been ignoring/stigmatising the problem before jumping on an anti lockdown bandwagon leap back into their old ways and call someone they don’t like a liar for admitting they were suffering.  No understanding of the strength required to admit to having those thoughts, or admit to those closest to you that you are desperately struggling.  They just see it as “an easy way to get sympathy”. c*nts.

And in one fell swoop we’re back to people not wanting to mention it because they worry people don’t give a shit and would rather be horrible to someone rather than show sympathy. Sickening indeed.

Well said.  It's the virtue signalling shite which does nobody any good when they flip flop back and forth.  End of the day, as has been said, anyone can suffer from mental health issues and I've posted as much in the Covid thread.  If this last year hasn't shown us all that it's important, normal and a 'real problem' then those who are still on the fence are never going to get off it.

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #454 on: March 9, 2021, 03:55:51 pm »

Piers shouldn't even be on our tv screens, he's a vile person and the biggest hypocrite around.

Totally agree and the lad was born into royalty, he didn't join through choice.  He saw what it did to his mother and he just wants out to have a normal life, like he said in the interview he just enjoys riding his bike with Archie on the back like every other normal person does.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: March 9, 2021, 04:04:24 pm »
 :)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• Has officially given up.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: March 9, 2021, 04:48:11 pm »
:)

Harry went out of his way to clarify that it was not his grandparents precisely to prevent this.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: March 9, 2021, 04:58:12 pm »
Tony Evans
Love him or hate him,
But he has summed up what being a “royalist” is all about

https://twitter.com/tonyevans92a/status/1369126911545380867?s=21

Wow! Thank you Tony Evans. I have just read it out to my family: I am mixed race, my husband is white and my children's skin - very much like Archie's. They cheered when I finished reading it out loud.

Once again, thank you Tony Evans and 12C for posting it.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: March 9, 2021, 05:21:37 pm »
Harry went out of his way to clarify that it was not his grandparents precisely to prevent this.

It's called a joke.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 9, 2021, 05:24:18 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #459 on: March 9, 2021, 05:42:06 pm »
Actually a very good response from Buckingham palace

The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.
“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”

Much of this is just normal family issues mixed with the bizarre world of royal service to the country and media spotlight

It would have been better solved behind closed doors
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: March 9, 2021, 05:45:40 pm »

Much of this is just normal family issues mixed with the bizarre world of royal service to the country and media spotlight

"While some recollections may vary" is a rather passive-aggressive way of claiming that Meghan and Harry were not telling the truth.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: March 9, 2021, 05:56:06 pm »

There's nothing about this situation that could be characterized as "normal family issues" and I'm glad it wasn't done "behind closed doors" and quietly brushed under the carpet. This whole incident has very publicly highlighted that Britain is a diseased nation dancing to the tune of a mendacious, racist tabloid media that operates in tandem with a powerful firm of bejeweled monsters. Good.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: March 9, 2021, 05:59:28 pm »
There's nothing about this situation that could be characterized as "normal family issues" and I'm glad it wasn't done "behind closed doors" and quietly brushed under the carpet. This whole incident has very publicly highlighted that Britain is a diseased nation dancing to the tune of a mendacious, racist tabloid media that operates in tandem with a powerful firm of bejeweled monsters. Good.

It’s mixing family issues with toxic tabloids really. Some of these things are normal family stuff.

"While some recollections may vary" is a rather passive-aggressive way of claiming that Meghan and Harry were not telling the truth.

I’m not sure it is... people see things different ways..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #463 on: March 9, 2021, 06:09:43 pm »
Ofcom to investigate after receiving 41k+ complaints re: Piers Moron's comments about Meghan Markle

https://news.sky.com/story/ofcom-launches-investigation-after-41000-complain-about-piers-morgan-remarks-on-harry-and-meghan-12241044

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #464 on: March 9, 2021, 06:24:55 pm »
Reports coming in that Piers Moron has left Good Morning Britain

ITV News@itvnews
Piers Moron leaves Good Morning Britain following discussions with ITV in wake of Meghan Markle criticism

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #465 on: March 9, 2021, 06:27:11 pm »

ITV News@itvnews
Piers Moron leaves Good Morning Britain following discussions with ITV in wake of Meghan Markle criticism

And to think people said they shouldn't have given the interview, already a positive outcome from it.

Online Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: March 9, 2021, 06:28:07 pm »
Well I guess that confirms it wasn't staged.  ;D

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #467 on: March 9, 2021, 06:28:17 pm »
He’ll land a job in that new right wing news channel won’t he.

Online Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: March 9, 2021, 06:28:53 pm »

Wait hold on, maybe he did stage it, to get himself fired....

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: March 9, 2021, 06:29:03 pm »

ITV News@itvnews

Quality.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #470 on: March 9, 2021, 06:30:25 pm »
"Our goalkeeper scored more goals in the Premier League than our back up centre forward" September 2021

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #472 on: March 9, 2021, 06:32:05 pm »
Wait hold on, maybe he did stage it, to get himself fired....

Doubt his position was tenable once Ofcom announced an investigation. Apparently only Jade Goody produced more complaints and it's likely this will surpass that total

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: March 9, 2021, 06:32:48 pm »
What an idiot. I would kill to spend every morning with Susanna Reid.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: March 9, 2021, 06:33:05 pm »
Well I guess that confirms it wasn't staged.  ;D
I’m flabbergasted....

I just assumed it was some ratings stunt...

All so so so weird .. what a thing to have a tantrum over.
W

Online Just Elmo?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: March 9, 2021, 06:33:45 pm »
What an idiot. I would kill to spend every morning with Susanna Reid.

The amazing thing is that Reid didn't kill to avoid having to spend every morning with the Moron.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: March 9, 2021, 06:34:41 pm »
Ben Shepherd is Q and orchestrated all of this in order to get more shifts on GMB.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: March 9, 2021, 06:35:22 pm »

Yup they had to go for the conciliatory yet concerned tone.  About the best reply the Palace's PR lot could come up with in the situation, shower them in love and paint the recollection as perhaps a little exaggerated, but the door always open. 

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #478 on: March 9, 2021, 06:35:38 pm »

:D

There's going to be a queue of people wanting to buy Alex Weatherman a drink when this is all over.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: March 9, 2021, 06:35:39 pm »

Obvs.

Hes a tosser and a sad little man, but he knows how to play up for the cameras. Sadly, its an Americanism which has crept into our discourse. Lunatics ranting nonsense on the radio/ telly for clicks and shares, speaking 'no nonsense' and 'Saying it is how it is'. It works. Its makes money. Poisons everything around it, but its a good grift.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2021, 06:38:41 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke