Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 170607 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2021, 01:49:01 pm »
Just sitting here watching the new press secretary Jen Psaki giving a press briefing. Competent, intelligent, on top of her brief... what a refreshing change.
Even a few genuine laughs between her and the press, if it was the one I saw.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2021, 10:27:12 pm »
Joe needs to go quick and hard and mean. Get the crap out of the way as quickly as possible so in 2 years time when the 2022 elections come around some of the key issues are in his favour. The virus will be off the front pages, people back enjoying life as much as possible and the economy on the up. He needs to walk right through Mitch whos sole purpose is to make Biden struggle. The Republicans have several seats that are leaning towards the Dems and if Joe can turn the Senate to 54 seats or more to his favour then he can kick on for the next two years. You know the campaign ads will be running by this summer for 2022.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2021, 10:50:31 pm »
Joe needs to go quick and hard and mean. Get the crap out of the way as quickly as possible so in 2 years time when the 2022 elections come around some of the key issues are in his favour. The virus will be off the front pages, people back enjoying life as much as possible and the economy on the up. He needs to walk right through Mitch whos sole purpose is to make Biden struggle. The Republicans have several seats that are leaning towards the Dems and if Joe can turn the Senate to 54 seats or more to his favour then he can kick on for the next two years. You know the campaign ads will be running by this summer for 2022.
At best in the senate would be winning the 4 most likely seats to flip and hold onto NH, Az and GA. Kelly and Warnock are up again both of them won special elections. PA is open seat. Wis is hard a flip. NC is an Open seat and will be hard to flip. FL is going against Rubio in a state that keeps getting more GOP. Maybe Dems can win State wide in an Open Iowa seat if Grassley retires. And beating an incumbent republican in Ohio would be hard. Alaska changed to Ranked choice voting in 2022 unless something flunky happens in a primary(top 4 go to general election) there it will be very hard to be beat Lisa Murkowski(she will be 2nd choice for a lot independents and Dems).
Will be interesting to see if they get the full Caucus on board with killing the filibuster and adding DC and Puerto Rico as state. I'm Sure Joe Manchin is not happy about not being able to get his gravel to be Energy Chair, Jon Tester still waiting on his for Veteran Affairs also.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 10:56:48 pm by RedG13 »

Offline Dr.Kano

• "......naïve, to say the least......"
  • Main Stander
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2021, 11:08:21 pm »
Joe's at the wheel.

signal-2021-01-23-164940" border="0

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: January 23, 2021, 11:15:52 pm »
Joe's at the wheel.

At least his plan recognises there is a trajectory.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: January 23, 2021, 11:49:30 pm »
At least his plan recognises there is a trajectory.

Yep. Given the omni-shambles of the Orange Administration, we all knew it was going to get worse before it gets better over there.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #366 on: January 24, 2021, 12:48:48 am »
Joe's at the wheel.

Also, that first tweet was written before the development of the multiple new strains. Far be it for me to defend a US president, but your post comes across like the uninformed, disingenuous reposting of Facebook propaganda.

5 years in & some of those numpties are still buying the orange clowns magic beans. I might not go along with all the policies of the new administration, but at least I recognise them to be competent & decent human beings. 
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline gravey101

• Main Stander
« Reply #367 on: January 24, 2021, 01:09:50 am »
Both memes are true, but the second is a function of the first, and is no fault of Bidens.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: January 24, 2021, 04:37:23 am »
4 months since Biden made that statement. 4 months in which the Trump administration and his Republican cronies have been far more invested in overturning the results of the election and inciting insurrection instead of focusing on battling COVID/co-operating with Biden so he could hit the ground running. It's too far gone now and will take at least a few months to bring it under some semblance of control. The next couple of months are going to be very grim and there's almost nothing Biden can do about that for now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2021, 08:54:40 am »
Biden's asked for a hundred days to attack the pandemic problem. That works out as several months.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr.Kano

• "......naïve, to say the least......"
  • Main Stander
« Reply #370 on: January 24, 2021, 04:12:06 pm »
Biden's asked for a hundred days to attack the pandemic problem. That works out as several months.

Fair enough, although I think most countries should have it pretty much under control by then.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2021, 06:21:49 pm »
I've split off all posts from here in to the Trump thread that was was opened about the legal implications.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2021, 08:06:42 pm »
Republicans be like:

2016: "We won and therefore get to do whatever we want!"
2021: "We lost so you must let us have whatever we want!"

*stolen from YouYube comments

Popcorn's Art

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2021, 09:18:20 pm »
Republicans be like:

2016: "We won and therefore get to do whatever we want!"
2021: "We lost so you must let us have whatever we want!"

*stolen from YouYube comments

Even better today-

Trump 2016 "America First"  =  "hell yeah!"

Biden 2020 "Buy American" = "F&*k you commie!"

Awesome (ly stupid)
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2021, 08:52:27 am »
Will be interesting to see how he and the government retrain the people who are currently in fossil fuel creating jobs.

Was listening to a pod cast with Andrew yang and he said the current success rate of government funded retraining programs is about 0-15%.

A massive part of the rise of Donald trump was the fact jobs like manufacturing are being replaced by robots, add in AI and getting rid of fossil fuels and you have a disaster of unemployment without feasible ways of creating, and re-education. Again those numbers were under Obama.

It is all good talking about creating millions of high paying jobs, but you need great re-education programs to do that. And up until now, including whilst he was Vice President, that didn’t really happen, and that created trump.

So yea will be interesting to see how he deals with that problem.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2021, 09:51:22 am »
Again those numbers were under Obama.

It is all good talking about creating millions of high paying jobs, but you need great re-education programs to do that. And up until now, including whilst he was Vice President, that didn’t really happen, and that created trump.

So yea will be interesting to see how he deals with that problem.

Your post is confusing as you have not provided comparative numbers between the eight years of the Obama administration and the four years of the Trump administration.

The Obama administration came to power at the time of the 2008 Great Recession and managed to turn the economy around. Job creation was higher during the final three years of the Obama Presidency than it was under Trump https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/07/obamas-last-three-years-of-job-growth-all-beat-trumps-best-year/?sh=55786ac76ba6.

According to this study there are already over nine million people in the US employed in the Green Economy which generates approximately $1.3 Trillion per year https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-019-0329-3#auth-1.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 12:49:59 pm by mickeydocs »
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2021, 11:44:36 am »

The Trump administration came to power at the time of the 2008 Great Recession

Sorry?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2021, 01:03:06 pm »
Your post is confusing as you have not provided comparative numbers between the eight years of the Obama administration and the four years of the Trump administration.

The Obama administration came to power at the time of the 2008 Great Recession and managed to turn the economy around. Job creation was higher during the final three years of the Obama Presidency than it was under Trump https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/07/obamas-last-three-years-of-job-growth-all-beat-trumps-best-year/?sh=55786ac76ba6.

According to this study there are already over nine million people in the US employed in the Green Economy which generates approximately $1.3 Trillion per year https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-019-0329-3#auth-1.

how many of those green jobs came to people who worked in the mines, truck drivers etc? That was the point of yang.

No point wanking over creating 5 million green jobs, whilst 20 million working class industrial jobs have gone. That is just political manipulative talk. These are the people who are going to be losing jobs a lot more frequently going forward, and according to yang, the government under Obama utterly failed to make that transition, hence trump.

Like I said, all good creating green jobs, but if the programs don’t actually improve the way they re-educate and repurpose people, it’s going to be a disaster for the democrats.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:05:45 pm by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2021, 01:10:55 pm »
Telling voters that the industry they've spent their life in (and previous family generations spent their lives in) is going away and not coming back, and they're going to have to retrain or uproot themselves has got to be one of the hardest messages to get across successfully. I'm pretty sure it was trying to explain herself on this subject that led to Hillary's "Is that right, Tim?" moment when she looked to him and he was utterly baffled as to what to say.

Meanwhile, Trump just told everyone their jobs were coming back bigly and did a shovelling motion to win those states.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: January 26, 2021, 01:18:15 pm »
He said "big league".

You mean we can’t take the piss out of the tax-dodging, paedosadist, utterly corrupt cowardly failure because he talks through his nose (for whatever reason)?

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 26, 2021, 01:34:42 pm »
Like I said, all good creating green jobs, but if the programs don’t actually improve the way they re-educate and repurpose people, it’s going to be a disaster for the democrats.

Let's start with the basics, governments rarely create manufacturing jobs. Administrative jobs yes, health, education, military - yes to all of these.

Manufacturing jobs are created by private industry. Of course Republicans make it easier for manufacturing and mining interests to make profit, but is the implication that the pro-business, pro-profit, pro-low taxes for the extremely wealthy have an interest in creating well paid union affiliated work for blue collar workers?

I would encourage you to research the relationship between the Republicans and the Trade Union movement. Let's just say that they have been anti-union for the best part of one hundred years.

Do you think the anti-union pro-business Republicans are interested in stopping the tide of robotics in the manufacturing sector? Labour equates to roughly 35% of opex in manufacturing companies. CEO's will do anything they can to drive down the cost of their blue collar work force. George Bush was in power when manufacturing was shifted to China due to the lower cost of labour. Yet somehow Trump and the Republicans are interested in their blue collar supporters. They are only interested in peddling disinformation and propaganda to a class they deprive of education and in turn the chance to enjoy social mobility.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: January 26, 2021, 02:00:36 pm »
You mean we can’t take the piss out of the tax-dodging, paedosadist, utterly corrupt cowardly failure because he talks through his nose (for whatever reason)?

Just for the stuff that he's actually done, there's enough of it.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 26, 2021, 03:10:52 pm »
The point is that very many here are very disrespectful of the orange c*nt.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2021, 03:48:15 pm »
The point is that very many here are very disrespectful of the orange c*nt.

I can’t imagine why😉.

Anyway, a lot of people are saying that he actually said “bigly” so I’m inclined to believe it.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2021, 05:05:03 pm »
People were going on about how dangerous Miller & Trump are but you know who will be around when they are forgotten about....this guy here    by far has probably hurt more people financially, physically and mentally with his actions or lack of over the past 13 years and counting as the Republican leader.

It will take Joe months if not years to turn things around and he needs to say fuk you Mitch and get on with it. Nuke the filibuster now as 51 votes should suffice to get anything done. The country is slowly turning blue anyway so it will surely favour the Dems in the long term to simplify things otherwise they will never get any legislation passed. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2021, 05:47:06 pm »
People were going on about how dangerous Miller & Trump are but you know who will be around when they are forgotten about....this guy here    by far has probably hurt more people financially, physically and mentally with his actions or lack of over the past 13 years and counting as the Republican leader.

It will take Joe months if not years to turn things around and he needs to say fuk you Mitch and get on with it. Nuke the filibuster now as 51 votes should suffice to get anything done. The country is slowly turning blue anyway so it will surely favour the Dems in the long term to simplify things otherwise they will never get any legislation passed.

Everything you say is truth.  Knowing Mitch, he will find a way to obstruct removing the filibuster for the next two years and blame the Democrats for refusing to cooperate!

If Schumer caves, then absolutely nothing will be accomplished.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2021, 06:30:54 pm »
Everything you say is truth.  Knowing Mitch, he will find a way to obstruct removing the filibuster for the next two years and blame the Democrats for refusing to cooperate!

If Schumer caves, then absolutely nothing will be accomplished.

“If I haven’t said it very plain, maybe Sen. McConnell hasn’t understood, I want to basically say it for you. That I will not vote in this Congress, that’s two years, right? I will not vote” to change the filibuster, Manchin (D-W.Va.) said in an interview on Monday afternoon. “And I hope with that guarantee in place he will work in a much more amicable way.”

Some Democrats say if Republicans block Democrats’ priorities, it’s worth preserving the ability to change the rules later. Asked if there is any scenario that would change his mind, he replied: “None whatsoever that I will vote to get rid of the filibuster.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/25/joe-manchin-filibuster-462364

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1353888129233670145

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2021, 07:40:54 pm »
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/25/joe-manchin-filibuster-462364

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1353888129233670145

You just want to punch the auld bastard, don't you?  The shit he's pulled since becoming majority leader.  Wish the rioters could have found him.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 26, 2021, 07:47:06 pm »

I agree McConnell is a vile person, not as bad as Trump though.
Joe Manchin won't vote to nuke the filibuster so the Dems have a problem.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: January 26, 2021, 08:20:40 pm »
Just to illustrate how inflexible Manchin is being with regards to action on filibusters

The standoff in the Senate continues: Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is demanding that Democrats agree in advance to keep the legislative filibuster in place and is refusing to allow Senate business to proceed until they do. The result is that for now, some of President Biden’s agenda remains in limbo.

But it turns out there’s a mini-nuclear option that Democrats could exercise against McConnell, if they so choose.

This option would not do away with the legislative filibuster. Instead, it would do away only with the blockade that McConnell is imposing right at this moment — the one that is preventing the Senate from organizing and starting to get down to business.

In this scenario, Binder says, Democrats would end the filibuster on organizing resolutions in a targeted way, just as Democrats previously ended filibusters only on executive and judicial nominations but not on Supreme Court nominations, and similar to how McConnell and Republicans expanded that move to end filibusters only on Supreme Court nominations.

Indeed, Manchin said in an interview that he would not support doing this.

“I will not vote to bust the filibuster under any condition, on anything that you can think of,” Manchin told me. “If you can’t sit down and work with your colleagues on the other side and find a pathway forward, then you shouldn’t be in the Senate.”

“Why would I ... vote on something that would divide us further when Joe Biden is coming in trying to unite the country?” Manchin asked.

When I pointed out that McConnell isn’t letting Democrats take over the Senate, Manchin responded that Schumer and McConnell would have to “sit down and get by this,” adding: “I believe very strongly in bipartisanship.”

Spokespeople for Sinema and Schumer didn’t immediately answer when I asked them if they were open to the mini-nuke option.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/25/senate-mini-nuclear-option-mcconnell/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:23:13 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #393 on: January 26, 2021, 08:25:33 pm »
Just to illustrate how inflexible Manchin is being with regards to action on filibusters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/25/senate-mini-nuclear-option-mcconnell/

Democrats still playing by the rules and shooting themselves in the foot.

Well done you utter incompetent c*nt.

It's like the last 4 years just didn't exist to some people.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: January 26, 2021, 08:44:19 pm »
Manchin believes very strongly in bipartisanship?  Has he been in a fucking coma for the past half a dozen years?  Somebody needs to take him to one side and remind him just how much Democrat legislation has died a death at the Senate door because McConnell is only interested in bipartisanship when the Republicans are in a minority.

You know the Democrat Party, right Manchin?  They party you're supposed to fucking belong to?

If they can prime the mini-nuke, then they shouldn't even hesitate. If McConnell gets his way, Biden will still be trying to appoint his fucking cabinet by the next mid terms.

Popcorn's Art

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: January 26, 2021, 09:18:38 pm »
What did I say about Mitch ffs this guy always has the last laugh including on Trump. Here is a quick blurb on Manchin

As a member of Congress, Manchin is known for his support of bipartisanship, voting or working with Republicans on issues such as abortion and gun ownership. He opposed the energy policies of President Barack Obama, voted against cloture for the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 (he did not vote on the bill itself), voted to remove federal funding for Planned Parenthood in 2015, and voted to confirm most of President Donald Trump's cabinet and judicial appointees, including Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh. But Manchin has also repeatedly voted against attempts to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), voted to preserve funding for Planned Parenthood in 2017, and voted against the 2017 Republican tax plan.

Is he a wolf in sheep clothing?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2021, 09:44:35 pm »
Joe's at the wheel.

Maybe let Biden respond to that:

"Q    And then my — the follow-up to that would be: Now that you’re President and you’re saying, “There is nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months,” what happened to two months ago when you were talking declaratively about “I’m going to shut down the virus”?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, I’m going to shut down the virus, but not — I never said I’d do it in two months.  I said it took a long time to get here; it’s going take a long time to beat it.  And so we have millions of people out there who are — who have the virus.

We’re just, for the first day, I think — correct me if I’m wrong; I’ve been doing other things this morning, speaking with foreign leaders.  But one of the things — I think this is one of the first days that the number has actually come down — the number of deaths — and the number on a daily basis, and the number of hospitalizations, et cetera.

It’s going to take time.  It’s going to take a heck of a lot of time.  And we still have — as Dr. Fauci constantly points out, it’s one thing when we have mass — how can I say it politely? — mass disregard of the warnings about not wearing masks and wearing masks, and social distancing and failure to social distance, and people getting together on holidays in ways that weren’t recommended, et cetera."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/01/25/remarks-by-president-biden-at-signing-of-executive-order-on-strengthening-american-manufacturing/
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2021, 09:51:55 pm »
Fair enough, although I think most countries should have it pretty much under control by then.

Really? based on what?

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 26, 2021, 10:38:49 pm »
I agree McConnell is a vile person, not as bad as Trump though.
Joe Manchin won't vote to nuke the filibuster so the Dems have a problem.
It going to come to a head at some point with HR1 or John Lewis Voting Right act. Around most of the caucus is pro-reform, rest are in the Chris Coons/Jon Tester which is open to it but we want to see if we can work with GOP. Manchin and Sinema are more like set. Nothing changed besides Mitch pissing off all of the dem caucus from getting there gravels and being able to run committee. He Denied Manchin from getting his Gravel for Energy Committee for multiple days, Tester from getting Gravel for Veteran Affairs. Coons/Bennett types in the Dem Caucus has changed more from 2018 to 2020 then Manchin, Sinema.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 26, 2021, 10:55:13 pm »
Democrats still playing by the rules and shooting themselves in the foot.

Well done you utter incompetent c*nt.

It's like the last 4 years just didn't exist to some people.

It baffles me.  You can't work together when one side has no intention of ever doing that, and undermines you every step of the way.  Just tell them to get fucked.  How is it going to make things worse?