Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3463080 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47160 on: January 12, 2021, 04:14:28 pm »
Ignoring the responsibility to their customers....

Supermarkets have a legal responsibility to their employees to make sure it’s a safe working environment.

If that means they need security to tell people they aren’t coming in without a mask then they should be employing security. If they won’t they shouldn’t be allowed to open.

Its amazing how the average member of the public knows more about how to handle things than the ones who are supposed to be running the country. Fucking hell, RAWK would have done a better job than this shower.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47161 on: January 12, 2021, 04:23:25 pm »
Its amazing how the average member of the public knows more about how to handle things than the ones who are supposed to be running the country. Fucking hell, RAWK would have done a better job than this shower.

You're calling Craig average ?  ;D
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47162 on: January 12, 2021, 04:28:42 pm »
You're calling Craig average ?  ;D

Yeah was just about to say that.

I’m as average as you are Manc, Robert  :no  :no ;D

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47163 on: January 12, 2021, 04:35:10 pm »
The amount of money the main supermarkets have made this pandemic they could afford to have Covid Marshall’s in each store

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #47164 on: January 12, 2021, 04:35:12 pm »
Thats a long wait. The good thing is though, that the Pfzier is 89% efficacy beyond 15 days and the AZ is 73% beyond 22 days. The Flu jab only gives 52%, so as each day passes the risk is getting lower and lower.

And the more vaccinated the lower the risk due to herd immunity :) just wish I didn't know so many questioning it :/ the f*****g state of the people in the world :/

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #47165 on: January 12, 2021, 04:52:27 pm »

;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #47166 on: January 12, 2021, 05:02:46 pm »
Anyone know whether you can receive a Covid vaccine if you have had Covid ? My sister tested positive at her care home and was moved to hospital 2 weeks ago - she's still there now though has no symptoms, but was sick on the day she was taken in (she is 75+ and has long term conditions eg. COPD). The care home hadn't started vaccination before she went to hospital and strangely my sister was the only one tested positive of all the residents - not sure why....false positive ?

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #47167 on: January 12, 2021, 05:02:50 pm »

Think that's stretching it a bit far !!  ;D
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47168 on: January 12, 2021, 05:08:51 pm »

Fuck I must be in trouble, I'm getting the full first name ;D

Think that's stretching it a bit far !!  ;D

Come to think of it ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47169 on: January 12, 2021, 05:09:56 pm »
1200 or so more deaths reported today.... Tuesday catch up and all, but peach is someone’s loved one.

45,533 cases today, it’s starting to look like we might just be turning the corner now. Let’s just hope this is real.

Hospital admissions are grim though.  Really grim.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47170 on: January 12, 2021, 05:11:50 pm »
1200 or so more deaths reported today.... Tuesday catch up and all, but peach is someone’s loved one.

45,533 cases today, it’s starting to look like we might just be turning the corner now. Let’s just hope this is real.

Cases are trending down, just hard to judge how quickly with some of the noise in the numbers.

Tuesday used to tend to be the lowest day of the week for cases, as dominated by Saturday and Sunday samples, but probably less so these days as there is more lag in the reporting anyway.

Trend within the last week though looks potentially very promising though.

The slight concern will be whether the same pace can be maintained as cases transmitted post  4th Jan start to feed through (more people back at work, more children back in school)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:29:40 pm by filopastry »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #47171 on: January 12, 2021, 05:16:03 pm »
The amount of money the main supermarkets have made this pandemic they could afford to have Covid Marshall’s in each store

Yep

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47172 on: January 12, 2021, 05:26:16 pm »

That's what i was saying earlier, they already have store security. Why not just use them to enforce this. It shouldn't be down to a shop assistant to enforce the rules.

Also having a medical exemption? if you were that sick to carry an exemption, then you most defo should be wearing a mask. How would you like it if your surgeon refuse to wear a mask?

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47173 on: January 12, 2021, 05:30:57 pm »
Anyone know whether you can receive a Covid vaccine if you have had Covid ? My sister tested positive at her care home and was moved to hospital 2 weeks ago - she's still there now though has no symptoms, but was sick on the day she was taken in (she is 75+ and has long term conditions eg. COPD). The care home hadn't started vaccination before she went to hospital and strangely my sister was the only one tested positive of all the residents - not sure why....false positive ?
She can and should still get offered the vaccine. They may wait a little while for some people who have definitely had it, but not very long.

For someone who’s had it you can consider the vaccine to basically be the second booster dose - giving longer term immunity. The virus itself was the the first dose. For your sister, she’ll even get a second booster with the second dose of vaccine.

The reason they might wait a few weeks for anyone who has definitely had the virus very recently is a similar reason to not giving the second vaccine dose within like a week of the first. Have to let the immune system do it’s thing first, create the immune memory, and then boost that memory with a second exposure - in that case the first vaccine shot, for everyone else the second vaccine shot (with the first shot being the initial exposure).

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #47174 on: January 12, 2021, 05:42:18 pm »
She can and should still get offered the vaccine. They may wait a little while for some people who have definitely had it, but not very long.

For someone who’s had it you can consider the vaccine to basically be the second booster dose - giving longer term immunity. The virus itself was the the first dose. For your sister, she’ll even get a second booster with the second dose of vaccine.

The reason they might wait a few weeks for anyone who has definitely had the virus very recently is a similar reason to not giving the second vaccine dose within like a week of the first. Have to let the immune system do it’s thing first, create the immune memory, and then boost that memory with a second exposure - in that case the first vaccine shot, for everyone else the second vaccine shot (with the first shot being the initial exposure).
Ok, thanks dj - that's really helpful.......it's the explanation about the immunity I was most interested to know about. My sister has tested positive again a few days ago, so hopefully the next one will show negative. Thanks again.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47175 on: January 12, 2021, 05:44:51 pm »
Different circumstances but my sister has had Covid and the vaccine. She is younger and a front line health worker though, and she had Covid months ago. Il

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #47176 on: January 12, 2021, 05:56:12 pm »
Different circumstances but my sister has had Covid and the vaccine. She is younger and a front line health worker though, and she had Covid months ago. Il
Ok, thanks good to know - I assume she's been ok since having the vaccine.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #47177 on: January 12, 2021, 06:10:05 pm »

I wonder roughly what percentage of those 45,000 new cases were caused by people not following the rules? And what percentage are caused by the policy of ‘lockdown lite’ businesses open, schools 60% full? I wish someone had asked Pritti Patel that.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47178 on: January 12, 2021, 06:50:03 pm »
Ok, thanks good to know - I assume she's been ok since having the vaccine.
Yes no issues at all.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47179 on: January 12, 2021, 07:04:25 pm »
GFs NHS app says she’s been in contact with someone and to isolate for a day (midnight tomorrow).

When does this mean she’s likely been in contact with that person? As we’ve pretty much been everywhere together the last few weeks and mine hasn’t alerted me. Is it 13 days ago?

I had this on mine. If you go to About this app and click on manage my data it will tell you. I got first exposure notification on 31/12, but had no idea when it was from, then it was updated to 27/12 encouter date.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47180 on: January 12, 2021, 07:13:45 pm »
this absolutely, if someone has health issues that mean they can't wear a mask then they shouldn't be going outside their door as they should be shielding. It's about time we stopped namby pambying around and start enforcing the rules.

If it requires a new law to force people to wear them then let's get on and enable it

What about women who have PTSD about something covering their faces after being raped or refugees who have fled their country to live here after being tortured through waterboarding? Should they be forced to wear masks too? Not everyone who can't wear a mask is doing so through ill physical health and should be shielding.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47181 on: January 12, 2021, 07:13:51 pm »
Just read about a man here in Ireland who's 107 years old. He had Spanish flu as a kid and was expected to die having pneumonia on both lungs.
 Survived his boat being torpedoed during the 2nd world war. Says he has his sleeve rolled up ready for the vaccine.
And yet there's people who won't take it. I think I'll follow his lead when it comes to survival. He even has a whiskey every day. Hes my new hero ;Df

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47182 on: January 12, 2021, 07:17:16 pm »
Just read about a man here in Ireland who's 107 years old. He had Spanish flu as a kid and was expected to die having pneumonia on both lungs.
 Survived his boat being torpedoed during the 2nd world war. Says he has his sleeve rolled up ready for the vaccine.
And yet there's people who won't take it. I think I'll follow his lead when it comes to survival. He even has a whiskey every day. Hes my new hero ;Df

I don’t think the older generation is a problem. They tend to listen to their doctors.

It seems like the younger people are the ones to worry about.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47183 on: January 12, 2021, 07:17:39 pm »
Just took Mum for hers.  All very well organised, took around 30 mins or so.  So relieved.

Great news this Millie. Fingers crossed she doesn't get any side effects, I feel like I've been hit by a bus today!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47184 on: January 12, 2021, 07:25:05 pm »
I had this on mine. If you go to About this app and click on manage my data it will tell you. I got first exposure notification on 31/12, but had no idea when it was from, then it was updated to 27/12 encouter date.

Ah excellent, thanks for that.

Edit - yeah it was the 2nd as we thought. Almost certainly in Tesco / Costa in Tesco.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:33:01 pm by Craig 🤔 »

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #47185 on: January 12, 2021, 07:25:59 pm »
Partner's hospital in London now has 123 patients in ICU. A staggering number for just one hospital. Hundreds more in other areas of the hospital as well. Awful.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47186 on: January 12, 2021, 07:28:27 pm »
Ah excellent, thanks for that.

No worries. Only found it as I was messing about with the app. Unfortunately, got diagnosed with Covid on 3/1 and fuck me its been grim. So fingers crossed you both come back negative when you test

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47187 on: January 12, 2021, 07:31:22 pm »
I don’t think the older generation is a problem. They tend to listen to their doctors.

Purely anecdotal again, but my own age bracket (thirties) seem to be the worst for this.

It’s a discussion for another thread but I know so many people around my age who genuinely hate to be told to do anything. I’m being serious when I say that they would have no problem taking the vaccine if it was marketed as something the government explicitly stated they didn’t want you to take. The fact that doctors and scientists say to do so turns them off immediately.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47188 on: January 12, 2021, 07:36:05 pm »
No worries. Only found it as I was messing about with the app. Unfortunately, got diagnosed with Covid on 3/1 and fuck me its been grim. So fingers crossed you both come back negative when you test

We're both fine to be honest, neither feeling any different so highly doubt she caught it / given it to me. We'll nip for a test at the no-symptom site once her isolation is finished after midnight tonight.

The whole thing seems pretty slow though. If she did happen to catch it on the 2nd, she could have been walking around infecting people for the best part of 9 days.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47189 on: January 12, 2021, 07:39:38 pm »
Purely anecdotal again, but my own age bracket (thirties) seem to be the worst for this.

It’s a discussion for another thread but I know so many people around my age who genuinely hate to be told to do anything. I’m being serious when I say that they would have no problem taking the vaccine if it was marketed as something the government explicitly stated they didn’t want you to take. The fact that doctors and scientists say to do so turns them off immediately.

I've found dicks at all ages.  From 60 odd fellas who've never been told what they can and can't do in the entire lives to 30 something women who can't wait to redraw the lines on what's permissible even as they tell other people off.

If I make it to June without catching this crap I'll count myself amazingly lucky.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47190 on: January 12, 2021, 07:41:43 pm »
Cases are trending down, just hard to judge how quickly with some of the noise in the numbers.

Tuesday used to tend to be the lowest day of the week for cases, as dominated by Saturday and Sunday samples, but probably less so these days as there is more lag in the reporting anyway.

Trend within the last week though looks potentially very promising though.

The slight concern will be whether the same pace can be maintained as cases transmitted post  4th Jan start to feed through (more people back at work, more children back in school)

I'm in an extremely busy hospital and it's been about static for 3 weeks now with some occasional day to day variations. It's barely manageable at the moment and every usable and available space in the hospital is being used for beds. I expect another increase maybe in the next week or two for reasons you mention. Hopefully won't be that significant but small rises will be bad enough. If it keeps going up beyond that point it'll be unmanageable. Plateau isn't good enough currently. Cases really need to fall quickly
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47191 on: January 12, 2021, 07:45:02 pm »
Just been the shops, Sainsburys now have a hard looking Security guard stood at the entrance and he was telling people to put masks on/wear them properly. Surprise surprise, no one refused
that's exactly what they should do, someone earlier said there would be plenty of door staff looking for work throughout the whole country that it shouldn't be an issue finding wiling people
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47192 on: January 12, 2021, 07:58:35 pm »
What are the current rules with house viewings?

Our lease is up at the end of the month, we're wanting to renew for just 6 months but think they're going to push for 12 which we don't want. So may need to look for somewhere else  ::)

I assume if we don't mind anywhere by the end of the month there are still things in place to prevent a landlord just kicking us out during the pandemic?

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47193 on: January 12, 2021, 08:05:13 pm »
What are the current rules with house viewings?

Our lease is up at the end of the month, we're wanting to renew for just 6 months but think they're going to push for 12 which we don't want. So may need to look for somewhere else  ::)

I assume if we don't mind anywhere by the end of the month there are still things in place to prevent a landlord just kicking us out during the pandemic?
Viewings are still allowed but most are preferring to do virtual ones first so they only do actual viewings for those definitely interested in taking the property.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47194 on: January 12, 2021, 08:22:00 pm »

I read where there's been 100% uptake in nursing homes here so far. That generation saw the effects of polio, TB and other insidious diseases. They then saw the benefits of vaccinations
There's loads of people who've never seen the harmful effects of numerous diseases because they've been vaccinated   . Now they don't believe in either the illness or the vaccine. People are mental.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47195 on: January 12, 2021, 08:27:27 pm »
I read where there's been 100% uptake in nursing homes here so far. That generation saw the effects of polio, TB and other insidious diseases. They then saw the benefits of vaccinations
There's loads of people who've never seen the harmful effects of numerous diseases because they've been vaccinated   . Now they don't believe in either the illness or the vaccine. People are mental.

My best mate's grandad is 91. He got the vaccine a few weeks back, but a lot of fellas he knows in the same age bracket don't trust it. My mate was baffled for the very reason you described - these people grew up with the threat of polio, TB etc. He grandad didn't have an answer for her.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47196 on: January 12, 2021, 08:49:55 pm »
What about women who have PTSD about something covering their faces after being raped or refugees who have fled their country to live here after being tortured through waterboarding? Should they be forced to wear masks too? Not everyone who can't wear a mask is doing so through ill physical health and should be shielding.
There's no easy answer to that question is there and it's the idiots trying it on that tar everyone with the same brush but something has to be done to clamp down on it

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47197 on: January 12, 2021, 08:55:37 pm »
My best mate's grandad is 91. He got the vaccine a few weeks back, but a lot of fellas he knows in the same age bracket don't trust it. My mate was baffled for the very reason you described - these people grew up with the threat of polio, TB etc. He grandad didn't have an answer for her.
my Mam's neighbour is in his mid 70s, not in the best of health and if he caught CoVid it would probably finish him off, Mam was talking to him today and she told him she had the Oxford jab last Friday and he's not sure whether he is going to have it when it's his turn!

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47198 on: January 12, 2021, 08:56:55 pm »
Ok, thanks dj - that's really helpful.......it's the explanation about the immunity I was most interested to know about. My sister has tested positive again a few days ago, so hopefully the next one will show negative. Thanks again.
Just to add, there are some noises about delaying vaccinations for those who have previously had covid - more to make limited supply go further quicker rather than any bad effects it might have on the person.

Ireland here for instance:
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/people-who-had-covid-may-be-asked-to-postpone-their-vaccination-by-six-months-39958690.html

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47199 on: January 12, 2021, 09:44:55 pm »
How long are they taking these days to get results? I was feeling a bit shitty on Saturday so booked a test for Sunday morning, still not had my results. I know the whole 80% or 90% results in 24 hours has been quietly dropped but I didn’t realise it was this shit.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.