Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3461362 times)

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63840 on: November 11, 2021, 07:48:31 pm »
No, I don’t think so. It started going down before that.  Half term might have had an effect, but cases were going down and would have continued to do so.

We seem to be trapped in some eternal oscillation around a high case number
A fair chunk of the country had their half-term a week earlier so possible - if half-term was a big driver in cases dropping - that it would have started to show a bit earlier.

Also very hard to sustain those high (confirmed) numbers for too long.  Only so many people to infect  :o

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #63841 on: November 11, 2021, 09:09:16 pm »
Well done to Austria apparently imposing lockdown on the unvaccinated.

It's not a lockdown for the unvaccinated (yet). They can still go out and go shopping for example, but there are some things they can't do anymore like going to restaurants or big events, as is mentioned in that article El Denzel Pepito posted. It's an important distinction to make, because there could actually be a lockdown for unvaccinated in the future, that would be the same as the one we had last year and at the start of this year, i.e. only leaving your house for work, grocery shopping, (medical) emergencies or to go for a walk. The government have put a plan in place some weeks ago that has certain tiers that are tied to the capacity of intensive care units. At the moment, we're in tier 2 or 3 I think, but that could become tier 5 soon, which would actually mean a lockdown for unvaccinated people. In Upper Austria they will put such a lockdown in place next week, but it's not clear yet, what exactly it will look like. It seems certain that unvaccinated people will not be allowed into shops other than grocery stores, but there's also talk that it will be like the lockdowns that were put in place last year, i.e. nogoing out unless it's for one of the four reasons I've mentioned.

I hate that it has come to this, but it seems like there's no other solution. And it should also be noted that (at least where I live) loads of people now want to get their vaccinations. The state authorities had a huge vaccination operation set up from spring all through the summer, but they dialled it back recently, because the numbers of people who wanted to get vaccinated were miniscule. They still had places you could go to without registering first and just pick up your shot and that was enough. Now there are long queues there with people who want their vaccination (either the initial doses or booster shots).

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63842 on: November 11, 2021, 09:47:52 pm »
Well, it’s gone down for nearly three weeks…

Now it’s on the way back up again…

Never ending….
Don't understand how it's similar numbers like this all the time (feels as if it is). Is it mainly in school or college kids?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63843 on: November 11, 2021, 09:51:10 pm »
Don't understand how it's similar numbers like this all the time (feels as if it is). Is it mainly in school or college kids?
mostly school kids…

But so many have now had it, there’s surely not much room left for growth?

Maybe an uptick for a few days, but I reckon cases go down towards Christmas (fingers crossed)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63844 on: November 11, 2021, 09:51:13 pm »
It's not a lockdown for the unvaccinated (yet). They can still go out and go shopping for example, but there are some things they can't do anymore like going to restaurants or big events, as is mentioned in that article El Denzel Pepito posted. It's an important distinction to make, because there could actually be a lockdown for unvaccinated in the future, that would be the same as the one we had last year and at the start of this year, i.e. only leaving your house for work, grocery shopping, (medical) emergencies or to go for a walk. The government have put a plan in place some weeks ago that has certain tiers that are tied to the capacity of intensive care units. At the moment, we're in tier 2 or 3 I think, but that could become tier 5 soon, which would actually mean a lockdown for unvaccinated people. In Upper Austria they will put such a lockdown in place next week, but it's not clear yet, what exactly it will look like. It seems certain that unvaccinated people will not be allowed into shops other than grocery stores, but there's also talk that it will be like the lockdowns that were put in place last year, i.e. nogoing out unless it's for one of the four reasons I've mentioned.

I hate that it has come to this, but it seems like there's no other solution. And it should also be noted that (at least where I live) loads of people now want to get their vaccinations. The state authorities had a huge vaccination operation set up from spring all through the summer, but they dialled it back recently, because the numbers of people who wanted to get vaccinated were miniscule. They still had places you could go to without registering first and just pick up your shot and that was enough. Now there are long queues there with people who want their vaccination (either the initial doses or booster shots).
I think it's great, no way that Johnson would even dare mention it here unfortunately, he would rather just do nothing and let nature run it's course.

The anti-vaxers and the ERG wing of his party would never let it happen even if he wanted to. I wonder if Wales and Scotland might consider it though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #63845 on: November 11, 2021, 10:07:12 pm »
Anyone have a feeling for when extra measures might be bought in. I guess if death count or ICU pressure moves beyond a certain point.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63846 on: November 11, 2021, 10:08:31 pm »
mostly school kids…

Maybe an uptick for a few days, but I reckon cases go down towards Christmas (fingers crossed)
Could children be more likely to get it multiple times? If presume there would be stats and they'd be public knowledge of so.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63847 on: November 11, 2021, 10:10:38 pm »

In Lancashire they are now pleading with people not to go to A&E if you aren't at risk of dying, hospitals are rammed with Covid patients, nothing is getting done outside of covid because of it.

Me. I'd lock the selfish twats up in cages and leave them to freeze.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63848 on: November 11, 2021, 10:11:47 pm »
Could children be more likely to get it multiple times? If presume there would be stats and they'd be public knowledge of so.
Don’t know. Not sure why they’d be more likely to get it more times though….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63849 on: November 11, 2021, 10:12:13 pm »
mostly school kids…

My lad is 13, gets his Covid jab next wednesday, he's YR 9, so I think by the end of the day, everyone who said yes in his school will have had at least 1 dose.
Jurgen YNWA

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63850 on: November 11, 2021, 10:15:19 pm »
Anyone had the booster shot yet?
Booked in for mine next week, online info says expect it to take 45 min.
First 2 jabs only took 5 min at most, in and out from local doctors. boosters shots over 7 miles away , could have been handled better.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63851 on: November 11, 2021, 10:22:15 pm »

I wish Germany would take the Austrian route, but cannot quite see it at the moment. Case figures are going through the roof and icu beds in hospitals are filling up quickly in some states. At least the daily death figures are in somewhat low double digit numbers (for now). But most German politicians, especially nationwide, still tiptoe around the subject of going full on 2G and shutting out the unvaccinated from activities. It's a sad state of affairs that so many people do not take a vaccine that is proven to work and at this point is the only possibility to claw our way back out of this pit - if enough get jabbed. Instead way too many believe shitty conspiracy talk on facebook or fear the vaccine will give them three ears five years down the road.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 10:25:03 pm by lamad »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63852 on: November 11, 2021, 10:29:19 pm »
mostly school kids…

Is there stats to show which age groups are tested as positive?

With Christmas markets & Winter Wonderland for example restarting this year will numbers drop in December?

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63853 on: November 12, 2021, 12:49:28 am »
First 2 jabs only took 5 min at most, in and out from local doctors. boosters shots over 7 miles away , could have been handled better.

I had mine yesterday (moderna), and feel very tired. Just had a couple of panadol. A good sign I guess shows the system is firing up.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63854 on: November 12, 2021, 02:40:32 am »
I had mine yesterday (moderna), and feel very tired. Just had a couple of panadol. A good sign I guess shows the system is firing up.
Hope effects clear up soon. how were you after the first 2 jabs earlier this year. I assume you had Astra Zeneca jabs like myself. hoping i get the same for the booster as I had no problems. heard the boosters knocked a few people out who hardly felt the first 2 jabs.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 03:06:15 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63855 on: November 12, 2021, 02:57:51 am »
Hope affects clear up soon. how were you after the first 2 jabs earlier this year. I assume you had Astra Zeneca jabs like myself. hoping i get the same for the booster as I had no problems. heard the boosters knocked a few people out who hardly felt the first 2 jabs.

I had Moderna (in Singapore), no side effects with the first 2. Good luck with yours (I actually feel much better now after taking 2 panadol).

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63856 on: November 12, 2021, 03:04:55 am »
I had Moderna (in Singapore), no side effects with the first 2. Good luck with yours (I actually feel much better now after taking 2 panadol).
  :) Thanks, hopefully the side effects are wearing off, got some Pain killers in.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63857 on: November 12, 2021, 06:01:23 am »
Regarding the "lockdown" for the unvaccinated, I wonder if that will be as effective as they think. Don't get me wrong, I think extra pressure to get vaccinated is good, and it will protect those people better from dying and keep more out of the icu. Bht, considering that at least delta can infect even the vaccinated, I'm not sure if de-emphasising testing is the right approach. If anything, they should also introduce testing requirements for everyone, even when vaccinated (maybe those recently recovered should still be exempt). It seems being vaccinated is not enough to stop the spread.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63858 on: November 12, 2021, 07:28:59 am »

I have.  The 45 minutes includes a 15 minute period post jab, I had Astra Zeneca first time around and there was no need to sit down after.  The whole thing will take around 25 minutes if they’re on the ball.

The booster is primarily Pfizer with Moderna being used occasionally.  No AstraZeneca.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #63859 on: November 12, 2021, 07:45:32 am »
And it should also be noted that (at least where I live) loads of people now want to get their vaccinations.

This seems to be the experience in many places, France most notably.

All very well trying to appeal to people's rationality (in terms of protecting their own health) and sense of public duty (in terms of protecting the health of others) - that will get you 2/3 to 3/4 of the population. If you need more than that to be vaccinated (and we do), the stick is the only option. These people are fundamentally selfish and self centered, so hit them where it hurts, i.e. their own freedoms.

Here in the Netherlands, they're announcing another partial lockdown today. The government eventually got to a good position by the summer (despite a series of idiotic decisions and being late to deciding on everything), but threw it away by opening everything too quickly and completely and by not doing anything to get that final cohort of unvaccinated to get jabs. And now everyone pays for their lack of leadership and the unvaccinated people's selfishness.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63860 on: November 12, 2021, 07:54:47 am »

Very progressive and liberal, what could possibly go wrong? :wave

While morally bankrupt and violating every single human rights convention Austria signed up to, it's also completely unenforceable since the majority are allowed to be outside no matter what so it's not like the unvaccinated can't just blend in among crowds outside. It's also going to make large protest marches that otherwise wouldn't have happened appear like in Italy, which will further increase the spread so it's just bonkers and works against itself. It will only lead to more cases, thus backfiring instantly.

It's also unbelievable that the garbage governments haven't expanded health services for almost two years of knowing there's a problem by now. Capacity shortages in the ICU shouldn't even be a thing in wealthy countries at this point.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:14:58 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63861 on: November 12, 2021, 09:23:32 am »
It's also unbelievable that the garbage governments haven't expanded health services for almost two years of knowing there's a problem by now. Capacity shortages in the ICU shouldn't even be a thing in wealthy countries at this point.

Well, if you're mad at governments for not expanding health services assuming there might still be issues (cause that's such an easy thing to do), you must be absolutely livid at people who have known for a year now that vaccines are super safe and effective and yet still refuse them.

Right?

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63862 on: November 12, 2021, 09:31:48 am »

Feels like there is some sort of pattern here, but can't quite put my finger on it.....

https://twitter.com/LukaMesin/status/1458480174790553607

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63863 on: November 12, 2021, 09:38:42 am »
Well, if you're mad at governments for not expanding health services assuming there might still be issues (cause that's such an easy thing to do), you must be absolutely livid at people who have known for a year now that vaccines are super safe and effective and yet still refuse them.

Right?

You can't call yourself a libertine and advocate for absolute government control it's just like dividing by zero :-X

People must have the choice what to do. If someone in a risk group refuses to take it, that's their issue.
Linudden.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63864 on: November 12, 2021, 11:25:52 am »
I have.  The 45 minutes includes a 15 minute period post jab, I had Astra Zeneca first time around and there was no need to sit down after.  The whole thing will take around 25 minutes if they’re on the ball.

The booster is primarily Pfizer with Moderna being used occasionally.  No AstraZeneca.
Thanks, Do you know why the booster shots couldn't have been done more locally? in the evening at the doctors maybe. people having to travel doesn't seem to have been considered.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63865 on: November 12, 2021, 11:58:33 am »
Thanks, Do you know why the booster shots couldn't have been done more locally? in the evening at the doctors maybe. people having to travel doesn't seem to have been considered.

isn't it to do with them having to be stored in freezers below a certain temperature and most doctor surgeries wouldn't have the facilities to be able to accommodate this

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63866 on: November 12, 2021, 12:09:00 pm »
isn't it to do with them having to be stored in freezers below a certain temperature and most doctor surgeries wouldn't have the facilities to be able to accommodate this
You may well be right. I suppose it depends on the vaccine used. no problems with Doctors giving AstraZeneca jabs at surgeries.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63867 on: November 12, 2021, 12:29:16 pm »
You may well be right. I suppose it depends on the vaccine used. no problems with Doctors giving AstraZeneca jabs at surgeries.
yes because the AZ one could be stored in a fridge, the Pfizer one had to be stored at temperatures below -70c if my memory serves me correctly

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #63868 on: November 12, 2021, 12:32:54 pm »

The EMA changed the recommendation for that months ago and said it's fine to store the Biontech/Pfizer vaccine for a week at normal fridge temperatures (2 to 8 degrees) and in May that was extended to a month in a fridge after it has been defrosted. I think Moderna is roughly the same, so that should not be an issue.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63869 on: November 12, 2021, 12:36:47 pm »
yes because the AZ one could be stored in a fridge, the Pfizer one had to be stored at temperatures below -70c if my memory serves me correctly

Yes, -80c to -60c and has a short shelf life once outside of these temps

COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer BioNTech
Maximum shelf life is 9 months stored in a freezer at -80°C to -60°C
31 days at 2-8°C after thaw (assign immediately after removing from freezer)
In addition, once removed from the fridge may be stored between 2 to 25°C for 2 hours prior to dilution
In addition, once diluted may be stored between 2 to 25°C for a further 6 hours
Once thawed, the vaccine cannot be re-frozen
During storage, minimise exposure to room light, and avoid exposure to direct sunlight and ultraviolet light
This vaccine will be licensed shortly with slightly different storage requirements to those listed above. For more information about Pfizer vaccine stability outside of the storage conditions stated above please contact SPS questions.

https://www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/storage-requirements-for-each-covid-19-vaccine/

My neighbour was supposed to service my car today, but he had his Pfizer booster yesterday, after being OK with his AZ jabs and it's knocked him sideways, says he feels as bad as he did when he had Covid, same woolen headed feelings
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #63870 on: November 12, 2021, 12:48:36 pm »
You can't call yourself a libertine and advocate for absolute government control it's just like dividing by zero :-X

People must have the choice what to do. If someone in a risk group refuses to take it, that's their issue.
Nah - if anyone refuses to take it, their a risk to everyone (all bar those medically exempt). It's not about choice, it's about protecting each other.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63871 on: November 12, 2021, 01:02:07 pm »
Nah - if anyone refuses to take it, their a risk to everyone (all bar those medically exempt). It's not about choice, it's about protecting each other.

My body, my choice. Your body, your choice.
Linudden.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63872 on: November 12, 2021, 01:11:27 pm »
My body, my choice. Your body, your choice.

And if your choice was to put other peoples lives at risk, then you should face the consequences of that choice.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63873 on: November 12, 2021, 01:13:25 pm »
So you're saying I shouldn't be able to go outside of my house because someone I'll not go near might die even though I have zero symptoms of anything and hate being close to people and even though my region averages like 15 cases per day out of 300 k people?

Seems legit :wave

Thank goodness I live in Sweden and that we have some of the lowest numbers in Europe. Holy hell.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:19:01 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63874 on: November 12, 2021, 01:22:37 pm »
Wife had Pfizer Initially which sent her menstruation cycle mental. She had moderna booster last week. Sore arm but nothing else to report . Wasn't 45 mins . She didn't say how long but Imagine I'd have heard if significantly different.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63875 on: November 12, 2021, 01:44:38 pm »
So you're saying I shouldn't be able to go outside of my house because someone I'll not go near might die even though I have zero symptoms of anything and hate being close to people and even though my region averages like 15 cases per day out of 300 k people?

Seems legit :wave

Thank goodness I live in Sweden and that we have some of the lowest numbers in Europe. Holy hell.

I thought you were complaining about Austria requiring a vaccination to go to events or crowded places?
You are a loner as you say and won't go near anyone.

So absolutely no one is saying this  "So you're saying I shouldn't be able to go outside of my house because someone I'll not go near might die"
You made that up as a point to argue against.,

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63876 on: November 12, 2021, 01:47:33 pm »
I thought you were complaining about Austria requiring a vaccination to go to events or crowded places?
You are a loner as you say and won't go near anyone.

So absolutely no one is saying this  "So you're saying I shouldn't be able to go outside of my house because someone I'll not go near might die"

The Upper Austrian region (Oberösterreich) just said that by forcing unvaccinated people to stay at home. Some people here seemed very supportive of the 'very progressive and enlightened' idea as well. I used to hold Austria in very high regard and I had a nice time visiting it in my teens, but it sadly has turned into an utter horror show at this point.
Linudden.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63877 on: November 12, 2021, 01:55:18 pm »
The Upper Austrian region (Oberösterreich) just said that by forcing unvaccinated people to stay at home. Some people here seemed very supportive of the 'very progressive and enlightened' idea as well. I used to hold Austria in very high regard and I had a nice time visiting it in my teens, but it sadly has turned into an utter horror show at this point.

I have not seen anything saying that you cannot leave your home, so sorry if I missed that. It says you can go to work, shopping and exercise if you are unvaccinated.
You have said "I shouldn't be able to go outside of my house because someone I'll not go near might die" - but by doing other than those things above you may go near someone that may die.

Unfortunately, it is all being driven by the far-right in Austria and the freedom party spreading anti vax propaganda.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63878 on: November 12, 2021, 01:58:48 pm »
Voluntary social distancing still works wonders in Sweden and everyone follow it like clockwork without any instructions so I'm not sure what the Austrian general population are doing but it can't be pretty. Vaccination levels are still above 2/3 so they should do a lot better than 50 ICU admissions/million. We're at roughly 3.5 ICU cases per million for comparison.
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #63879 on: November 12, 2021, 02:20:02 pm »
Voluntary social distancing still works wonders in Sweden and everyone follow it like clockwork without any instructions so I'm not sure what the Austrian general population are doing but it can't be pretty. Vaccination levels are still above 2/3 so they should do a lot better than 50 ICU admissions/million. We're at roughly 3.5 ICU cases per million for comparison.

I'd guess nearly 70% of the population being vaccinated works bigger wonders. But you know 'not my problem, I dont often go near people' etc etc.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.