Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459333 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63680 on: November 4, 2021, 02:28:19 pm »
Half Moderna seems to be pretty random ;D

A single dose of Moderna has 3 times as many vaccine particles as a dose of Pfizer, so the dose can be halved and it’s still more than enough vaccine.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63681 on: November 4, 2021, 02:33:09 pm »
Yeah even more bizarre is that the government changed the rules I think so if you're double jabbed you don't have to isolate anyway if a close contact. Not sure why the email says to isolate. When you click on the government website it says don't isolate now if double jabbed.

Basically its a shit system, created by one of Hancocks mates for billions and isn't fit for purpose. I doubt they have updated it since the new rules came into play so it just spews out the same text as beforehand.

Makes a mockery of the whole "we need to test on return in case you bring back a new variant" line, when you could have passed it on to countless people who aren't contacted for a week.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63682 on: November 4, 2021, 03:51:38 pm »
Can anyone explain the logic of this to me?

I tested positive on 27th October (8 days ago) after arriving back from Gran Canaria on the 25th (10 days ago). I spoke to MHS track and trace on Thursday 28th October about my flight number and seat etc. Only today my girlfriend and her family who we went away with got an email to say they are a close contact and should isolate. But they've been going about their business for 10 days and all have tested negative multiple times, have no symptoms and are all double jabbed...
There's either no logic to it or whatever logic there is behind it, you'll never know.

It could be they've sequenced your's or someone else's positive test from the plane and decided to quarantine the contacts. I'm not sure if their turnaround times would make that a possibility though.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63683 on: November 4, 2021, 04:12:26 pm »
I wonder how close we are to stopping a lot of the deaths? Vaccination and now this must help a lot

Not very, we can always stem the tide of course but there is a low water mark which is very difficult to get under.  People need to die from something, as harsh as that sounds.  Many people have heart and lung issues and are, in effect, waiting for the next thing to knock them out.  Many of these people have been isolating and limiting their activities but we're approaching a new Christmas period of mixing, which will stress the vaccine's effect in this vulnerable group.  Now we're experiencing the Delta variant, which I believe from the last time I checked was something along the lines of 15% more transmissible and 10% more deadly, and we're likely to see Covid continue to absorb some of flu's fatalities amongst this vulnerable group for the foreseeable future.  There is little you can do when the underlying problem is 1) your immune system isn't very good and 2) medications tend to work by optimising either your body's response mediated by your immune system, or by helping your body compensate better to the stress - both of which are reduced in the vulnerable.

I do think the longer term problem of reinfection and efficiency of Covid 'waves' is going to be a bit of a headache for everyone, particularly with waning immunity amongst those who will be able to reintroduce Covid to the vulnerable populations.   I've got a couple of older friends of the family who are almost 70, one has cancer and the other has had a series of strokes - both are having an absolute zero tolerance to seeing people, are not going out to social activities and are effectively in a static state many of us would recognise from last spring.  Supermarket, home,  Zoom calling everyone, lots of TV streaming.  I'm sure many other people with chronic issues are in this cycle, but rejoining the world has to be done at some point and whilst the booster shots will give solid protection for 4-6 months it is yet to be seen whether we'll be seeing these boosters arrive at 6 month intervals ad infinitum or whether this is going to be an autumn-only policy to reduce the impact of the NHS during the 'respiratory disease season' and for the rest of the year people are on their own.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63684 on: November 4, 2021, 05:18:29 pm »
37,269 positive cases reported and 214 deaths.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #63685 on: November 4, 2021, 05:41:03 pm »
I'm just wondering I had my second pfizer jab back in May with regards the booster are we best booking an appointment or is a text sent to you when they're available? Thanks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63686 on: November 4, 2021, 05:44:41 pm »
I'm just wondering I had my second pfizer jab back in May with regards the booster are we best booking an appointment or is a text sent to you when they're available? Thanks.

Parents had theirs around the 12th May, they rang today (not had a text yet) and were told they couldn't book yet.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #63687 on: November 4, 2021, 05:46:06 pm »

I've just tried to book mine, as I had my last jab in May too.  It says not eligible yet.  Says should be 6 months and one week before eligible to book.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63688 on: November 4, 2021, 05:46:19 pm »

I'm just waiting for my GP to contact me for my booster, can't be arsed driving to the Emptyhad to get mine done. I had to see her last month anyway and she said they will get in touch once the 6 months has passed.

If you can get an appt outside of the GP though that is convenient, go for it - I had my flu jab via Lloyds chemists rather than wait for the GP.

I've just tried to book mine, as I had my last jab in May too.  It says not eligible yet.  Says should be 6 months and one week before eligible to book.

Interesting, That puts me at no earlier than the 29th November then. Need to fit mine in around my Saturday work.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2021, 05:48:12 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63689 on: November 4, 2021, 05:47:49 pm »

(Speaking as someone who qualifies as a clinical healthcare worker) They don't send a text out, you just have to be aware of when is after 6 months.  If you go to the booster booking website it won't let you book an appointment unless it's after 6 months (if eligible) anyway.  I was fortunate to get my Oxford jab during the initial wave for old people and got Pfizer this time - quite a major reaction too, the Oxford jab just made me feel quite tired and feeling 'not right', but Pfizer gave intense chills, insomnia, a headache - and didn't feel right for about a week afterwards.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63690 on: November 4, 2021, 05:50:31 pm »
I'm just waiting for my GP to contact me for my booster, can't be arsed driving to the Emptyhad to get mine done. I had to see her last month anyway and she said they will get in touch once the 6 months has passed.

If you can get an appt outside of the GP though that is convenient, go for it - I had my flu jab via Lloyds chemists rather than wait for the GP.

Don't mention the flu jab I've been running around trying to get one. First they told me doctors surgery, no they haven't got any, go to your pharmacy. I was told at the pharmacy they don't do jabs for the under 60's. So, to cut a long story short I have to go to Asda tomorrow, first come first serve. So they'll probably have run out by the time I finish work. Didn't there used to be a NHS site where you could book for a jab, though I think that was the original ones?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63691 on: November 4, 2021, 05:52:10 pm »
(Speaking as someone who qualifies as a clinical healthcare worker) They don't send a text out, you just have to be aware of when is after 6 months.  If you go to the booster booking website it won't let you book an appointment unless it's after 6 months (if eligible) anyway.  I was fortunate to get my Oxford jab during the initial wave for old people and got Pfizer this time - quite a major reaction too, the Oxford jab just made me feel quite tired and feeling 'not right', but Pfizer gave intense chills, insomnia, a headache - and didn't feel right for about a week afterwards.

Thanks for that, it is six months this month I had my second in May. So I will try my luck at booking website.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63692 on: November 4, 2021, 05:53:12 pm »

Thanks Millie, I didn't have my second until May the 13th, so I will try a week later.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63693 on: November 4, 2021, 05:55:54 pm »
Don't mention the flu jab I've been running around trying to get one. First they told me doctors surgery, no they haven't got any, go to your pharmacy. I was told at the pharmacy they don't do jabs for the under 60's. So, to cut a long story short I have to go to Asda tomorrow, first come first serve. So they'll probably have run out by the time I finish work. Didn't there used to be a NHS site where you could book for a jab, though I think that was the original ones?

I've always just been called in by the GP since I started needing the jab at 32, this is the first time in 23 years I have had it done elsewhere, so no idea if you could book online. My GP sends my prescriptions to Lloyds in Sainsburys and they contacted me to book a jab. I asked my GP and she said go for it, it'd be quicker than waiting for them to get stocks - she was pissed off that pharmacies had it when they didn't.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63694 on: November 4, 2021, 06:00:04 pm »
I've always just been called in by the GP since I started needing the jab at 32, this is the first time in 23 years I have had it done elsewhere, so no idea if you could book online. My GP sends my prescriptions to Lloyds in Sainsburys and they contacted me to book a jab. I asked my GP and she said go for it, it'd be quicker than waiting for them to get stocks - she was pissed off that pharmacies had it when they didn't.

It seems weird the way they are doing it, my surgery was the same they said they didn't have any supplies. Fingers crossed I get it done tomorrow.  ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63695 on: November 4, 2021, 06:00:37 pm »

How far are you from West Kirby or Upton, Lloyds have appointments from the 23rd at both places if you can't get sorted sooner

https://booking.lloydspharmacy.com/OABS/Appointment/Index/d7521072-4e3c-405f-bc5a-e1102d048348?Country=UK

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63696 on: November 4, 2021, 06:03:32 pm »

My dad got a text from the GP with a link to a website to book it on a local site rather then the NHS site.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63697 on: November 4, 2021, 06:04:22 pm »
How far are you from West Kirby or Upton, Lloyds have appointments from the 23rd at both places if you can't get sorted sooner

https://booking.lloydspharmacy.com/OABS/Appointment/Index/d7521072-4e3c-405f-bc5a-e1102d048348?Country=UK

Ooh, thanks. I will see if I can get that appointment my job is in Birkenhead so it's not too far away.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63698 on: November 4, 2021, 06:07:58 pm »
Ooh, thanks. I will see if I can get that appointment my job is in Birkenhead so it's not too far away.

Sound - they do them late into the evening as well as its at the in store pharmacy

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63699 on: November 4, 2021, 06:10:34 pm »
Sound - they do them late into the evening as well as its at the in store pharmacy

Thanks for that rob.  :thumbup

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63700 on: November 4, 2021, 06:14:19 pm »
Yeah even more bizarre is that the government changed the rules I think so if you're double jabbed you don't have to isolate anyway if a close contact. Not sure why the email says to isolate. When you click on the government website it says don't isolate now if double jabbed.
my mate and his missus has just received the same after coming back from holiday on Monday, wasn't going to go to our weekly five a side as he thought the still had to isolate (he has tested with LTFs and he is negative), no doubt there are others in the same boat that are following the email and know no better, although that's not necessarily a bad thing I guess

There is a section in the email that says isolate unless you are exempt (I guess being double jabbed counts as that)
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63701 on: November 4, 2021, 06:25:56 pm »
360k boosters today, that’s pretty much the kind of numbers we need to be doing to close the post 6 month back log.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63702 on: November 4, 2021, 06:31:28 pm »
my mate and his missus has just received the same after coming back from holiday on Monday, wasn't going to go to our weekly five a side as he thought the still had to isolate (he has tested with LTFs and he is negative), no doubt there are others in the same boat that are following the email and know no better, although that's not necessarily a bad thing I guess

There is a section in the email that says isolate unless you are exempt (I guess being double jabbed counts as that)

That's weird that, as if you are not double vaccinated or under 18, you have to go into isolation for 10 days anyway.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63703 on: November 4, 2021, 06:33:00 pm »

thanks for this Rob, booked mine in for next Thursday 👍

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63704 on: November 4, 2021, 06:34:35 pm »
thanks for this Rob, booked mine in for next Thursday 👍

You're welcome

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63705 on: November 4, 2021, 06:34:41 pm »
That's weird that, as if you are not double vaccinated or under 18, you have to go into isolation for 10 days anyway.
they have a shit IT system that cannot cope with multiple email templates by the looks, it only cost about £20 billon so you can't expect it to be perfect

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63706 on: November 4, 2021, 06:35:55 pm »
they have a shit IT system that cannot cope with multiple email templates by the looks, it only cost about £20 billon so you can't expect it to be perfect

Yeah, when you only spend a pittance you get a rubbish system.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63707 on: November 4, 2021, 06:37:32 pm »
I wonder how close we are to stopping a lot of the deaths? Vaccination and now this must help a lot
Well, this new drug is good, but there’s an issue.

All antiviral drugs work far better when given earlier.  With the delta variant, viral loads go higher more quickly than others.

Will the drug get to people early enough? I’m skeptical
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63708 on: November 4, 2021, 06:49:09 pm »

Yeah the text/emails are really poorly worded. I asked the same on here as also got told to isolate when my gf tested positive but turns out the text/emails are just a load of shite.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63709 on: November 4, 2021, 07:27:32 pm »

In theory it's safer if people still has to isolate being near close contacts even if double jabbed...but the reality is how is that sustainable work wise? I think that's what it boils down to - you can't have kids missing a shit load of school or adults missing work for no reason other than to be on the safe side.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63710 on: November 4, 2021, 08:04:22 pm »
In theory it's safer if people still has to isolate being near close contacts even if double jabbed...but the reality is how is that sustainable work wise? I think that's what it boils down to - you can't have kids missing a shit load of school or adults missing work for no reason other than to be on the safe side.

Our eldest got covid after the rule change, did feel wrong that we could go the pub/for a meal/send youngest to school while he was barking like a dog. We all did return negative PCR's though.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63711 on: November 4, 2021, 09:30:31 pm »

I got mine in tescos, you have to book a slot online. On the website you can look around a bit and see which ones have slots when.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63712 on: November 5, 2021, 07:28:29 am »
Well, this new drug is good, but there’s an issue.

All antiviral drugs work far better when given earlier.  With the delta variant, viral loads go higher more quickly than others.

Will the drug get to people early enough? I’m skeptical

If it can move the needle enough to make say 1/5 of fatalities ICU survivors, 1/5 of ICU cases mere hospital cases and keep thousands out of the hospitals to begin with, it's still very much a step forward.
Linudden.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #63713 on: November 5, 2021, 07:57:32 am »
I was wondering when I had mine. I remember yours was no more than a day either side of mine , so thank you.
 Flu jabs are like gold dust here too. Going to have to double my efforts to book one.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #63714 on: November 5, 2021, 11:25:01 am »
Great preliminary results for Pfizer's antiviral treatment for Covid.

https://news.sky.com/story/pfizers-new-covid-treatment-cuts-hospitalisation-by-89-trial-results-indicate-12460628

Pfizer's new experimental COVID-19 antiviral pill cuts the risk of hospitalisation or death by 89%, the company has announced.

The results appear to surpass those seen with Merck & Co Inc's pill Molnupiravir, which was shown last month to halve the likelihood of dying or needing hospital treatment for COVID-19.

Full trial data is not yet available from either company.

Pfizer plans to submit the interim trial results to the US Food and Drug Administration as part of an emergency use application.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63715 on: November 5, 2021, 11:48:13 am »
Looks very promising...

The results came from a study of 775 adults. Patients taking the company's drug, along with another antiviral, had an 89% reduction in their combined rate of hospital admission or death after a month, compared to patients taking a placebo.

Fewer than 1% of patients taking the drug needed to be admitted to hospital and no one died.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #63716 on: November 5, 2021, 12:08:43 pm »
One of my close mates has, from the start, been ultra-careful and followed every recommended measure. He's recently tested positive. The plus is that he's been totally symptom-free (double-jabbed), but he's pissed off that he allowed himself to start being less careful and to socialise more.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63717 on: November 5, 2021, 12:11:26 pm »
One of my close mates has, from the start, been ultra-careful and followed every recommended measure. He's recently tested positive. The plus is that he's been totally symptom-free (double-jabbed), but he's pissed off that he allowed himself to start being less careful and to socialise more.

At some stage you've got to start mixing again. Preferably you'd do it when you guaranteed a drug/vaccine that would be almost 100% effective against any serious illness but we probably won't ever get to that.

I do feel for anyone over 70 or very vulnerable people though. Effectively theyre probably going to get it at some stage and just hope for the best.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63718 on: November 5, 2021, 01:17:03 pm »
We went Trick or Treating last week and the other two parents that came along and their children have since tested positive, one family yesterday and one today.  We tested negative this morning but my two had their second (confirmed) Covid infection at the start of the new school year so guessing we're all currently stacking some strong antibodies still.

I think we visited at least 30 houses and there were loads of kids out.  Everyone in our group tested ourselves before going so hard to exactly know the source of the infection.  The school they all go to have absolutely loads of infections so could potentially be that.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63719 on: November 5, 2021, 01:23:04 pm »
We went Trick or Treating last week and the other two parents that came along and their children have since tested positive, one family yesterday and one today.  We tested negative this morning but my two had their second (confirmed) Covid infection at the start of the new school year so guessing we're all currently stacking some strong antibodies still.

I think we visited at least 30 houses and there were loads of kids out.  Everyone in our group tested ourselves before going so hard to exactly know the source of the infection.  The school they all go to have absolutely loads of infections so could potentially be that.

Probably down to that.  Sounds like a super spreader event.