Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3484402 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47040 on: January 11, 2021, 05:04:38 pm »
Question for you all. What do you do regarding surfaces?

I do my shopping late at night, so don’t really go near anyone. Still getting the odd takeaway too.

Back in the spring and summer I was wiping down the things I bought. This genuinely drove me mad after a couple of months and I’ve long since stopped.

Someone handing out drinks at Costa drive through for example though is surely coming into hand to hand contact with tons of people.

Do we know much about the risks of this?

Other than using the hand sanitiser and wiping the basket/trolley handles, nothing different to last March. Doing the trucks back then, we had no hand sanitiser, thanks to the utter c*nts who panic bought it all, no way to clean the trucks or trailers (you cannot take 1500 trucks and 3,000 trailers off the road to sanitise them) so I was getting in and out of trucks someone else had been driving, touching paperwork, pens, cages, stock that had been handled, empty cages, empty boxes, you name it and then eating my dinner hoping I hadn't got it on my hands. I'm convinced I had it back in then, but I reckon I caught it from her brother, before lockdown, who we later found out had been out with a known positive mate of his.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47041 on: January 11, 2021, 05:06:27 pm »
Rumours support bubbles are "under review", as someone that lives alone and has strongly started to worry about my mental health over the previous months, they can fuck right off.

If you want me to go into the office, attend building sites & meetings etc, but I can't see my other half (live seperately)? Like I said, fuck right off.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 05:10:00 pm by eddymunster »
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47042 on: January 11, 2021, 05:06:41 pm »
Mate of mine works for an unnamed but well known Supermarket with green uniforms and four letters in its name.

One of the supervisors was given an alert through the Track & Trace app and advised to self-isolate due to close contact, so he rang up to say he wouldn't be in. Store manager flipped and lambasted him for having his phone with him (in his pocket) on the shop floor, saying he still needs to come to work and they'll suffer too much with lack of staff etc.

You'd think in a global pandemic they would allow phones on the shop floor - I've worked there in the past and it's a very loosely implied rule in a "staff handbook" that you should keep personal items in your locker. Plenty even pre-pandemic argued that they should be able to keep their phones handy in case of emergency, in Sainsbury's staff are even encouraged to have them handy for customer queries.

Yet another example of big companies putting profit before people and wealth before welfare - sickening.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47043 on: January 11, 2021, 05:07:02 pm »
Id imagine families would probably be okay, at the minute you're allowed to exercise with one other outside your household, that's what it sounds like they're scrapping. Be absolutely nuts if they stopped a husband and wife walking together.

I would be stunned if it were anything other than only people from your household and perhaps limited to 2 at a time. To stop husband and wife, or parent and child would be insane

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47044 on: January 11, 2021, 05:14:37 pm »
Id imagine families would probably be okay, at the minute you're allowed to exercise with one other outside your household, that's what it sounds like they're scrapping. Be absolutely nuts if they stopped a husband and wife walking together.

Its just something else that is unenforceable. What about same sex couples out walking, are they going to get stopped? (I'd like to know who by though, as they are still thousands of Police down as it is) Are they going to stop everyone out walking who are a mixed sex couple and check that they are actually in a relationship/married? Then you've got people who live alone who follow the precautions, are they now not allowed to walk with someone? Will we're checking our eyesight be a valid reason to be out together?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47045 on: January 11, 2021, 05:14:58 pm »
And has now very sadly died...

Truly sorry to hear that, Tepid.  A sad sad story, and sadly not the first I've heard.

My uncle died yesterday.  Not from Covid, but he's basically spent the past year in hospital gradually wasting away because care staff have been too busy dealing with the pandemic to provide more than even basic palliative care for him. He was 80 and couldn't even get out of his hospital bed anymore.  And of course his family couldn't see him much because of the restrictions.  His daughter was with him the night before he died; he was holding her hand, begging her not to leave him. 

She probably wasn't allowed to stay; I dread to think of this fine, good, kind man, a good mate of my late dad, dying alone, apart from his loved ones.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47046 on: January 11, 2021, 05:15:49 pm »
2.6 million doses given to 2.3 million people
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #47047 on: January 11, 2021, 05:38:56 pm »
No changes to support bubbles.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47048 on: January 11, 2021, 05:46:34 pm »
Think we’re doing good work on vaccines and I’m hopeful it’ll become even better with time and more centres opening all the time.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #47049 on: January 11, 2021, 05:58:08 pm »
No changes to support bubbles.

That's wise - because I don't believe that they are the issue. I see my support bubble every few weeks - if only for my own mental sanity to get away from my bedsit. I'd rather be able to do it more often - but wouldn't want to be seen as pisstaking.

The issue is as many have said - the lack of support for those in poorer paid jobs, and where SSP is frankly not fit for purpose. This is something that has been creeping up on this country for decades and no government has seen fit to do anything about it.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #47050 on: January 11, 2021, 06:05:31 pm »
Leading by example again:

Johnson spotted seven miles from Downing Street on a bike.

Matt Hancock says "it's okay" for people to go on a long walk/cycle and end up seven miles from home.

Derbyshire duo were five miles from home - and Govt has defended tough police action.

It’s just contradictory bullshit once again and shows how little regard they have for public / rules.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47051 on: January 11, 2021, 06:07:36 pm »
Nothing wrong with bubbles or exercise with another household IMO if you're outdoors and keeping a fair distance. I suspect the transmission this way is slim.

They need to look more at making masks compulsory anywhere indoors and properly enforcing it.

Also need to add further closures/restrictions on schools where a lot of schools are having over half their staff body in and loads of kids still.

Those things would have a far greater impact.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47052 on: January 11, 2021, 06:07:52 pm »
The traffic has eased greatly. Took me 25 minutes to get home from Birkenhead to South Liverpool today whereas it was taking 45-1 hour most days before. Shows how many were still going in to work when probably didn't need to. Admittedly not many shops open so loads not going to L1 car parks etc or school runs as well as much.

I’ve just driven along the Strand to Tesco and back... it was as busy as ever for me. This was at around 5ish.

Shops are shut, so can only assume that’s form people going/coming back from work for the most part.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #47053 on: January 11, 2021, 06:09:37 pm »

The elderly mother might not have lasted 12 months anyway (we just don't know) and enjoying a final Xmas with her family may have been a gamble she was happy to take.

Can’t say I agree with that kind of view to be honest Nobby, even if she didn’t have long left (and like you said, who knows)  it’s another bed taken up, another person for the doctors and nurses to look after, in an already hugely stretched NHS. We know where that ends up, overwhelmed health services, difficult decisions about who gets care and who doesn’t. She’s clearly been stuck in the house on her own feeling increasingly unwell, it doesn’t sound like a nice way to go, on your own in the depths of Winter getting increasingly ill, it’s a high price for a Christmas dinner. There’ll be others in similar positions who have carers, who may then spread it to their other clients. It’s very sad that she’s died, and that family have lost a loved one, but I can’t help but wonder, without wishing to sound crass, especially given that a relative felt ill the day before, what on earth were they thinking?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47054 on: January 11, 2021, 06:10:22 pm »
And on Tesco, the noticeable difference between March and now... no strict queuing to get in and the numbers inside are noticeably higher and the one way system has gone completely. I think these combined give people inside a bit of a “it’s all ok” attitude and you will often get people well within 2m of you or just pushing in front to get something rather than waiting.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47055 on: January 11, 2021, 06:16:00 pm »
Question for you all. What do you do regarding surfaces?

I do my shopping late at night, so don’t really go near anyone. Still getting the odd takeaway too.

Back in the spring and summer I was wiping down the things I bought. This genuinely drove me mad after a couple of months and I’ve long since stopped.

Someone handing out drinks at Costa drive through for example though is surely coming into hand to hand contact with tons of people.

Do we know much about the risks of this?

I used to leave all the shopping in the spare room for a few days before touching it again, but have become pretty lazy about it if I'm honest. I mostly make sure I wash my hands after bringing the shopping/post etc in, and try not to eat freshly bought things (i nearly never get takeaways or coffee etc, its more things from the shop.)

To be honest I think aerosol transmission is more important, too many things have to come together for surface transmission, and the risk imo is lower:
- The people touching things before you have to be infectious
- they have to have significant enough viral material on their fingers
- you have to touch the exact same spots
- you then have to touch your mouth, eyes, or inside nose within a fairly short time
- you have to get enough viral load that way to get ill

I really worry more about someone for example being in a small room, for example a lift, before me and breathing virus particles into the air in there. It can hang around for a few hours afterwards for you to breath in, and you don't even know they were there
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47056 on: January 11, 2021, 06:19:20 pm »
This is defintely looking like a trend now rather than a statistical blip.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #47057 on: January 11, 2021, 06:19:29 pm »
So, Morrisons are making mask wearing compulsory anyone who doesn't wear them won't be served, unless they have a medical condition which prohibits it. Shouldn't this be the case for all supermarkets now, if one does it they should all be doing it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47058 on: January 11, 2021, 06:20:16 pm »
So, Morrisons are making mask wearing compulsory anyone who doesn't wear them won't be served, unless they have a medical condition which prohibits it. Shouldn't this be the case for all supermarkets now, if one does it they should all be doing it.

Should have been the case from Sept. Fucking ridiculous it wasn’t.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47059 on: January 11, 2021, 06:21:54 pm »
Leading by example again:

Johnson spotted seven miles from Downing Street on a bike.

Matt Hancock says "it's okay" for people to go on a long walk/cycle and end up seven miles from home.

Derbyshire duo were five miles from home - and Govt has defended tough police action.

It’s just contradictory bullshit once again and shows how little regard they have for public / rules.
I think it’s because the Derbyshire duo drove to their destination then started their walk, you’re not supposed to do that apparently.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #47060 on: January 11, 2021, 06:23:06 pm »
Should have been the case from Sept. Fucking ridiculous it wasn’t.

I agree, even a week ago there were too many wondering about my local Morrisons store unmasked and very little social distancing going on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47061 on: January 11, 2021, 06:24:17 pm »
I was under the impression that masks were compulsory anyway.  Absurd.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47062 on: January 11, 2021, 06:26:04 pm »

The Govt. said they were, but a lot of supermarkets didn’t enforce it or refuse to let anyone in without one.

They really should have been, if only for the safety of their own staff. But then having worked for a supermarket this is far from a concern for them in my experience.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47063 on: January 11, 2021, 06:28:39 pm »
Mask compliance I’d pretty good in my local shop. Apart from one old woman who when someone mentioned it swore at them and claimed it was illegal to ask someone about it. Don’t recall that one in any briefings I’ve seen!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #47064 on: January 11, 2021, 06:29:42 pm »
The Govt. said they were, but a lot of supermarkets didn’t enforce it or refuse to let anyone in without one.

They really should have been, if only for the safety of their own staff. But then having worked for a supermarket this is far from a concern for them in my experience.

Still the cop-out for 'medical reasons', though. That means the stereotypical fat-twat, tattooed, greasy-haired hag with 6 ankle-biters fighting amongst themselves, will just snarl "Avvgorrassmer" before waddling over to the tobacco counter to buy 60 Lambert & Butler.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47065 on: January 11, 2021, 06:30:43 pm »

Friend of mine tells people she's exempt from wearing a mask.  I've never seen her show her card though, and she was certainly wearing one several months ago.  I realise that she's got asthma, but so have some other of my friends and they wear one just fine.  I've got anxiety and don't enjoy wearing one for long trips, but I put up with it.  I think she just got fed up with wearing one and decided to get an exemption card.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47066 on: January 11, 2021, 06:36:45 pm »
This is defintely looking like a trend now rather than a statistical blip.

The English case numbers look quite encouraging also.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #47067 on: January 11, 2021, 06:37:39 pm »
Saw kids without masks getting turned away at my local Tesco.  They were kicking off like crazy about it, the little shits.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47068 on: January 11, 2021, 06:41:34 pm »
So here’s a very sad story...

Someone my wife works with closely  has a very elderly mother.  She has copd

His sister invited her over for Christmas Day (tier 3 but not far from tier 4).  His sister didn’t feel 100%, but still went ahead with Christmas Day.  You know how this is going to turn out now I’m sure.

Sister tested positive for coronavirus a couple of days later.

Come the start of January, they can’t get hold of mum.  They go round and she’s very unwell.  Now in icu, but she needs a ventilator, but she’s elderly and they have to make a choice over who to give it to as they don’t have enough.

He’s been told they they don’t expect her to recover. He’s been allowed to visit to say his goodbyes.

All so very sad and all so very predictable.

Well this gets worse.  Obviously the old lady died..
But my wife talked to her colleague this afternoon. He was allowed to visit in full PPE and he said it was like a war zone, beds stuffed in everywhere, carnage.

He said thankyou to the consultant. And he was moved by that, why you might ask? Because he said that they were finding it very difficult to keep going. Outside the hospital was a covid is a hoax protest and it has been there for some time. This is a provincial hospital, not a big London one.  These despicable people are beaneath contempt. The lowest of the low.  Scum
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47069 on: January 11, 2021, 06:43:58 pm »
Saw kids without masks getting turned away at my local Tesco.  They were kicking off like crazy about it, the little shits.
it was getting very difficult to get them to wear them at school in corridors. Many just chose to ignore the rules because they were a pain.

What stands out is the look on our deputy heads face as one student shouted and screamed about how she wasn’t going to wear them.  He just looked broken.

And of course 2 days later she tested positive for coronavirus
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47070 on: January 11, 2021, 06:57:33 pm »
Friend of mine tells people she's exempt from wearing a mask.  I've never seen her show her card though, and she was certainly wearing one several months ago.  I realise that she's got asthma, but so have some other of my friends and they wear one just fine.  I've got anxiety and don't enjoy wearing one for long trips, but I put up with it.  I think she just got fed up with wearing one and decided to get an exemption card.

My wife is quite a shy person, so even though she has asthma, she's struggled on and worn a mask, rather than deal with the stares, even though at times she's struggled to breathe. I've got a "tell them to fuck off" attitude, having gone through it when I had an orange badge where I looked ok but was dying and I have told people who tut tutted at me and gave me funny looks to fuck off or shown them my post op scar, but she is different to me so just stays quiet.

They are but so many ignore it and you cannot expect young kids to deal with telling people to leave the shop. The shops need to employ door staff, there are enough licenced bouncers who could take the roles.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #47071 on: January 11, 2021, 06:57:58 pm »
Purely anecdotal of course but from what I’ve seen...

Young children you obviously almost never see in a mask.

Most teenagers I’ve seen have adhered to the rules, which I admit I originally thought wouldn’t be the case. Happy to eat my words there.

Also most people above about 60 seem to be wearing them regularly.

The worst offenders are the ones in between. I’m 31 and it’s people around my age who I’ve seen without masks on the most. Several of which you can tell feel really smug whilst doing so. Then there’s a crowd in their forties and fifties who also seem to take pride in their ignorance.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47072 on: January 11, 2021, 07:03:54 pm »
it was getting very difficult to get them to wear them at school in corridors. Many just chose to ignore the rules because they were a pain.

What stands out is the look on our deputy heads face as one student shouted and screamed about how she wasn’t going to wear them.  He just looked broken.

And of course 2 days later she tested positive for coronavirus

I’d give myself all of about 5 minutes as a teacher before I’d get sacked for either calling one of the little shits a little shit if not end up knocking one of them out. How you and your colleague manage to cope with crap you have to is beyond me, and every sympathy with your deputy head.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47073 on: January 11, 2021, 07:08:54 pm »
I’d give myself all of about 5 minutes as a teacher before I’d get sacked for either calling one of the little shits a little shit if not end up knocking one of them out. How you and your colleague manage to cope with crap you have to is beyond me, and every sympathy with your deputy head.
We have really compliant kids... I can only imagine how difficult it must have been in some schools
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47074 on: January 11, 2021, 07:09:28 pm »
Purely anecdotal of course but from what I’ve seen...

Young children you obviously almost never see in a mask.

Most teenagers I’ve seen have adhered to the rules, which I admit I originally thought wouldn’t be the case. Happy to eat my words there.

Also most people above about 60 seem to be wearing them regularly.

The worst offenders are the ones in between. I’m 31 and it’s people around my age who I’ve seen without masks on the most. Several of which you can tell feel really smug whilst doing so. Then there’s a crowd in their forties and fifties who also seem to take pride in their ignorance.

Kids under 11 don't need to wear a mask, under 3's should never wear a mask in case of suffocation.

https://www.doncasterccg.nhs.uk/babies-and-children-under-11-years-do-not-require-face-masks/?doing_wp_cron=1610392001.5315780639648437500000

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53877292

What drives me nuts is those over 60 who wear them under their noses, loads by me do this, they annoy me more than the non wearers, who are bad enough, due to spreading it, but the ones I see all the time piss me off more, as they will end up in hospital/likely die if they catch it.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47075 on: January 11, 2021, 07:10:10 pm »
I’ve always wore a mask when shopping etc.     From last week I started to wear one when walking down the street.     I do struggle to breath when wearing one for more than 30
Mins for some reason.    Also wear one when dealing with My customers (well mask and a bandana over it)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47076 on: January 11, 2021, 07:10:55 pm »
My wife is quite a shy person, so even though she has asthma, she's struggled on and worn a mask, rather than deal with the stares, even though at times she's struggled to breathe. I've got a "tell them to fuck off" attitude, having gone through it when I had an orange badge where I looked ok but was dying and I have told people who tut tutted at me and gave me funny looks to fuck off or shown them my post op scar, but she is different to me so just stays quiet.

That's clearly a different kettle of fish to my mate.  I'm glad you have been mindful of yourself and others wherever possible.  My mate calls me a hypocrite because I complain about others' behaviour when (apparently) I break the rules all the time.  What she's never understood is that I've never had a problem with people who take reasonable precautions and then decide what risks they feel able to take.

My problem is with the selfish fuckwits who refuse to take basic precautions because it's just inconvenient, or they don't like it, or think it's not that bad, or even just a hoax and a government power grab.  They're reckless, selfish and inconsiderate.

If I want to chat with someone as I have a takeaway coffee and I'm separated from them by a counter and wearing a mask when others are getting served, then as somebody who lives alone and doesn't even have enough people to form a bubble I consider that a reasonable risk.  Not standing in Lidl coughing over the bread because I'm maskless.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47077 on: January 11, 2021, 07:14:13 pm »
I’ve always wore a mask when shopping etc.     From last week I started to wear one when walking down the street.     I do struggle to breath when wearing one for more than 30
Mins for some reason.
    Also wear one when dealing with My customers (well mask and a bandana over it)

Its the restricted airflow as you start to breathe heavier that is causing this.

In my senior school my teachers would have fucking battered us and then my Dad would have done the same.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47078 on: January 11, 2021, 07:17:47 pm »
The English case numbers look quite encouraging also.

Definitely looks like the cases are levelling off, just got to remember numbers seem to fall slower then when they rise so still a long hard slog for case numbers, hospital admissions lag about two weeks behind cases, and deaths another 2 weeks so still about a month of very bad number still to come yet.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #47079 on: January 11, 2021, 07:21:44 pm »

It was giving succour to the anti-mask/anti-vax brigade. I get those who suffer anxiety and breathing issues who have issues with mask wearing but some people have been taking the pisser.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt