Author Topic: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous  (Read 88550 times)

Offline realoatsy

• Looking for wet work on Saturday
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous
« on: January 14, 2016, 12:08:52 pm »
Last night I lent my cards to a Mate who wanted to take his 3 kids 13 11 and 9 for a xmas present

they were all sitting in the Anfield Rd Lower, at 80 mins a steward with a police officer came along to 'spot check' their cards

explaining that they were investigating people profiteering from ticket sales. He then confiscated the tickets and left my mate having to

leave early with a 9 year old in tears afraid her dad may have been jailed. I contacted the Club this morning who explained that the cards

had been suspended and that a process whereby they would write out to  me and review the situation after I have responded in writing

to them would be followed. The upshot being I won't be going to the United game on Sunday.

The Cynic in me is saying that the club is wanting to retrieve  seats for their own use. I'm seriously disgusted with LFC, truth is they don't

deserve the support that we all give them and that they take for granted. If they want to stamp out touting how's about increasing

stewards outside the ground, not targeting a Man and his 3 kids at 80 minutes.

Nothing short of downright pathetic.....

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:27:55 pm by realoatsy »

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Re: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 12:09:56 pm »
Absolutely unbelievable and disgusting behaviour.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:11:27 pm »
That's a fucking disgrace that mate, I'd contact SOS and FSF about this if you haven't already
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:14:34 pm »
I sometimes wonder about our club!!

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:17:59 pm »
So the club is implying it wants to profiteer from selling a membership to every single person that wants to enter the ground, the irony.

Offline realoatsy

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 12:19:13 pm »
I've just emailed SOS , thanks for the advice - still completely in shock to be honest.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 12:21:17 pm »
Disgrace

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 12:38:38 pm »
Just out of interest mate, did they target just your mate or did they spot check others too?

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 12:41:01 pm »
The bigger problem here is the entire ticketing and membership process itself. Sorry your mate and his kids had to go through such a shitty time!

Offline barstool1984

• Exchange Ban
  • Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 12:41:35 pm »
Sad state of affairs.  Would be interesting to see who is sitting in your seat(s) come Sunday.....

Offline realoatsy

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 12:41:36 pm »
They were spot checking others too apparently, They must be short a load of tickets for Utd on Sunday

Offline realoatsy

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 12:43:27 pm »
If I don't get them back by Sunday I'll post the seats up here so someone can check for me, It'll be interesting to see if LFC are "profiteering"

from seats that I paid for in November.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 12:44:23 pm »
That is scandalous.  What are the rules on this as I thought that you could pass your tickets on to anyone, as long as its not above face value.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 12:50:07 pm »
I assume these are member cards no season tickets

Offline realoatsy

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 12:50:50 pm »
Yes they are members cards

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 12:59:35 pm »
So you've 4 members cards in your name, which presumably all have a decent credit on them to get tickets for the Arsenal and United games? Do you/a group of 4 of you normally attend each game in those seats and this was a one off change in who goes?

Only reason I ask is maybe the stewards have noticed a wide range of people using those seats when they should be for the person whose card the name is in, which is why they've maybe been flagged up as possibly being sold on at a profit.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 12:59:52 pm »
Fucking c*nts. Shocking.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 01:04:26 pm »
Fucking shocking that  :no
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 01:08:16 pm »
That is scandalous.  What are the rules on this as I thought that you could pass your tickets on to anyone, as long as its not above face value.

I'd also like this clarifying. I didn't think there was an issue as long as there was a signed letter from the owner of the membership card + not sold for anything more than face value.

Feel really sorry for the supporters affected last night, in my view that's not on.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 01:14:00 pm »
Poor from the club.

Instead of going after the actual touts, they've gone after someone who has given his cards to a mate. Making no profit from it.

Remember reading a story on here a few months ago about someone who's ST got confiscated in similar fashion. Not sure what the outcome of that was??

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 01:23:14 pm »
If I don't get them back by Sunday I'll post the seats up here so someone can check for me, It'll be interesting to see if LFC are "profiteering"

No doubt it will be people loaded up with bags from the club shop  :no
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 01:28:20 pm »
Absolutely shocking! If it wasn't been for a load of decent reds passing on tickets they can't use to other reds, the stadium would be half empty. Hope this gets sorted for you mate, keep us posted
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:30:39 pm by ripsaw19 »
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 01:29:48 pm »
Disgusting behaviour from the club, those poor kids being dragged out like that for absolutely no reason. They're concentrating their efforts on completely the wrong people as usual.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 01:31:00 pm »
Should have just stopped at the club shop on the way out and bought a scarf they would have happily let you back in.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 01:33:26 pm »

Considering the unusual amount of obvious day trippers for the Man utd game last season, (for a game you needed credits for) this wouldn't surprise me at all!
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 02:03:23 pm »
Has this been highlighted to the press, twitter etc.  If not then it should be soon.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 02:11:42 pm »

I'd also like this clarifying. I didn't think there was an issue as long as there was a signed letter from the owner of the membership card + not sold for anything more than face value.

Feel really sorry for the supporters affected last night, in my view that's not on.

I could be wrong here but I am sure the T&Cs state the card is not transferrable at all.

Sympathies for your mate but this is almost a "club can't win" scenario; they get slated about this but at the same time criticised that people aren't moving up the ST waiting list fast enough (because ST holders are transferring their tickets to others when they can't afford to renew)

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 02:17:52 pm »
If the card is completely non transferable, say you genuinely can't make it and the 2 week deadline to return the ticket has passed, what the fuck are you meant to do with your ticket?

You're not just going to sacrifice £50 are you? Either they need some form of members returns exchange or just allow passing on of cards to friends/family.

Ridiculous situation this by the way, no other club in the country would confiscate tickets because someone's passed them on to a mate.

Offline realoatsy

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 02:18:44 pm »
So you've 4 members cards in your name, which presumably all have a decent credit on them to get tickets for the Arsenal and United games? Do you/a group of 4 of you normally attend each game in those seats and this was a one off change in who goes?

Only reason I ask is maybe the stewards have noticed a wide range of people using those seats when they should be for the person whose card the name is in, which is why they've maybe been flagged up as possibly being sold on at a profit.

They all have full credits on them, we normally buy in the kop but on this particular occasion got booted out of the ticket system on the

purchase screen and by the time we went back in could only get 129. To be honest we take the seats where we can get them. Am sick to

the stomach about this. The fact that I called the club explained exactly what happened and that I needed the cards back for Utd and their

response was "a procedure" sickens me even further.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 02:20:03 pm »
I could be wrong here but I am sure the T&Cs state the card is not transferrable at all.

Sympathies for your mate but this is almost a "club can't win" scenario; they get slated about this but at the same time criticised that people aren't moving up the ST waiting list fast enough (because ST holders are transferring their tickets to others when they can't afford to renew)

They were members cards, not ST.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »
If the card is completely non transferable, say you genuinely can't make it and the 2 week deadline to return the ticket has passed, what the fuck are you meant to do with your ticket?

You're not just going to sacrifice £50 are you? Either they need some form of members returns exchange or just allow passing on of cards to friends/family.

Ridiculous situation this by the way, no other club in the country would confiscate tickets because someone's passed them on to a mate.

didn't know the member return date was 2 weeks ahead. is that right ? A STH can return their ticket up to 24hrs before the game IIRC.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 02:21:44 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions

17.   Your Members Card must be available at all games for inspection by officials and security staff of the Club and the police. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of Entry. Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken.

18.   Members Card and/or receipts are issued for your sole use. You shall not re-sell, assign, transfer or lend the Members Card and/or receipts or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior consent of the Club. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) the Members Card and/or receipts issued to you may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, save as expressly authorised by the FA Premier League Limited or the Club.

19.   You may only re-sell or transfer the Members Card and/or receipts with the express consent of the Club, given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such lending does not take place during the course of any business.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:33 pm »
They were members cards, not ST.

That's irrevant. AFAIK the T&Cs for a membership card also say they are no transferrable.

As stated by WanderingRed - it is clearly stated in the T&Cs (which the OP would have agreed to when getting the cards) that what they did was against the rules. The club have done nothing wrong here in the slightest.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:24:15 pm by Smudgester »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 02:23:46 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions

17.   Your Members Card must be available at all games for inspection by officials and security staff of the Club and the police. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of Entry. Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken.

18.   Members Card and/or receipts are issued for your sole use. You shall not re-sell, assign, transfer or lend the Members Card and/or receipts or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior consent of the Club. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) the Members Card and/or receipts issued to you may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, save as expressly authorised by the FA Premier League Limited or the Club.

19.   You may only re-sell or transfer the Members Card and/or receipts with the express consent of the Club, given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such lending does not take place during the course of any business.
So basically he's fucked.

But I think the problem comes in with consistency in regards to this, and in targeting the right people.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 02:24:02 pm »
That's just wrong in ever possible way!

Can't you get dups at the TO window or is the entire membership suspended or just the cards?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 02:24:41 pm »
That's irrevant. AFAIK the T&Cs for a membership card also say they are no transferrable.
Cheers for clarifying it's irrelevant as you were the one who started talking about season tickets when they aren't the point of issue here - whether members cards are also non transferable or not.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 02:25:43 pm »
So basically he's fucked.

But I think the problem comes in with consistency in regards to this, and in targeting the right people.

From what I can tell you can pass them on if they are told in advance but how clear that is and the process required in order to do it is another matter

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 02:26:02 pm »

As stated by WanderingRed - it is clearly stated in the T&Cs (which the OP would have agreed to when getting the cards) that what they did was against the rules. The club have done nothing wrong here in the slightest.
Half the stadium are going in cards that aren't in their name. Why pick out those kids?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2016, 02:26:32 pm »
From what I can tell you can pass them on if they are told in advance but how clear that is and the process required in order to do it is another matter

Imagine all the extra admin work that would need to be undertaken to inform the club every time a spare was passed on for a 45,000 attendance match.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
Imagine all the extra admin work that would need to be undertaken to inform the club every time a spare was passed on for a 45,000 attendance match.

Once the club receive 45,000 emails every game about it, they would probably have a strong look at the way tickets are distributed maybe?