Author Topic: Burnley Football Club  (Read 45221 times)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Re: Burnley Football Club
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2021, 12:12:17 am »
Besides, I don't think we should subject any black players to the pain of playing for Burnley.

Precisely

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2021, 06:59:51 am »
Well, this season's Mane for 10mill is not as obvious a test as one imagines ;)

;D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2021, 07:19:53 am »
Imagine not being allowed into your stadium for 14 or 15 months and you FINALLY get back in and boo for 93 minutes.

Twats.

Crazy, there was hardly any actual support for their own team bar a few early ‘come on’ shouts when they tossed the ball into the side of the pitch for the 15th time.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2021, 07:21:37 am »
The insinuation that Burnley/Dyche are racist is just lazy and boring at this point. It's been repeatedly debunked, the club have come out strongly in support of the BLM movement. They're just a truly agricultural football side with a tiny squad, much of which they carried along with promotion to the PL where it's known that the ratio of players of colour is smaller in the lower leagues. Almost every player they recruit is also from the Championship.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2021, 07:22:26 am »
Imagine not being allowed into your stadium for 14 or 15 months and you FINALLY get back in and boo for 93 minutes.

Twats.
And some of them even call this place their Happy Place, Burnley really are Everton's bitter and twisted little brother!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 11:42:39 am by kopite77 »
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2021, 10:54:26 am »

Twats.

Absolutely mind boggled at that last night.  I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing.  Utter miserable bastards.

They have secured premier league status again and have an ok manager and team considering the size of the club.  Why turn out to watch a game of footy to be that bitter and miserable?  Thought Burnley did Ok and the ref did fine too.  What actually was there for their fans to boo about, as I am still a bit baffled by it?

Apparently, the West Brom fans got behind their already relegated team last night and enjoyed the game by all accounts.

As other have alluded to. Once Dyche disappears then so will they.  Hoorah!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2021, 11:34:13 am »
Sounded like they'd let a bunch of farm animals in.  Just a constant "oooooo" sound in the background.

Even at 2 and 3 nil down.  I mean there has to come a point where you think to yourself "you know what? I'm not sure this booing is worth the effort. It doesn't appear to have had any affect on them so far" surely?  But no, they kept it up right to the end.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2021, 12:16:40 pm »
Did some of them boo the taking of the knee as well?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2021, 12:17:59 pm »

Think it was clapped to be fair.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2021, 12:22:45 pm »

There was a very small section of boos, which was roundly "applauded out" by the rest of the ground.

But booing all the way through the game? Just wow. Couldn't believe it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2021, 11:11:01 pm »
I thought I heard that too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2021, 11:19:19 pm »

Twats.
Bizarre, isn't it.

Honestly, the game is wasted on so many of these types of 'fan'.

You cannot go to a match for over a year. In the meantime the world has been turned upside down and we've seen millions die. People have had time to reflect and look at their priorities in life. You'd think those lucky enough to be back in the grounds would be thankful they are still alive. Thankful for the new perspectives surviving a pandemic can bring. You'd think they might be happy to be back and treat the occasion like a carnival. Full of positivity and a new zest for life and for the game. But no ... they prefer to boo for an hour and a half instead.

You cannot help some people.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2021, 06:42:42 am »

In regards to this, will this continue into next season?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #213 on: September 5, 2021, 11:37:30 pm »
Just thought, as most of the NW PL clubs threads are either locked or have been locked, that we better keep the other one near the top.

Probably need to so we can keep a 'Burnley watch' and see how the pundits react as they try to batter their way to safety.

Next up Everton, that should be worth watching as they head to Goodison.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2021, 12:03:14 am »
Yes, had a go again, they are going down, especially when the mid season u turn on tackles (after Ronaldo gets decked probably at Christmas) will see them off
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2021, 04:19:30 am »
I wouldn't get your hopes up, too many teams have a habit of just falling to pieces and not knowing how to get back to producing results. No matter how bad Burnley are they never really capitulate, they keep grinding away with their dogshit play style and eventually start picking up points against the teams that have given up.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2021, 01:55:22 pm »
Dyche has signed up to four more years of kicking the shite out of the opposition.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2021, 02:04:57 pm »
Weird decision. They'll have to pay off 3 years of salary when they fire him next summer.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2021, 02:09:05 pm »
Weird decision. They'll have to pay off 3 years of salary when they fire him next summer.

It's just to protect his value so Everton have to pay them some decent compensation.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2021, 02:12:25 pm »
Gravelly voiced shithouse

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2021, 02:25:18 pm »
Maybe he can buy a second Next wedding shirt and tie combo now. The pits on his first shirt must be yellowing a bit by now.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2021, 02:33:59 pm »
Maybe he can buy a second Next wedding shirt and tie combo now. The pits on his first shirt must be yellowing a bit by now.

;D

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2021, 03:40:04 pm »
Must have been promised some dough to spend. They have turned up at Anfield with the same team for the last five years it seems.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2021, 04:21:20 pm »
;D

Can't wait for these shower to get relegated. Complete and utter irrelevance in this league. Unambitious twats.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2021, 04:58:56 pm »
Up to their usual tricks against Everton, over-the-top reckless challenge from Tarkowski on Richarlison, with no other intent than to shake-up a more skilled opponent.

The new interpretation of the laws on fouls could have been written by Dyche. I wonder how many more players will end up like Elliot before there's a backlash. Brownhill tried to clatter Elliot in the first 5 minutes of our game against this shower.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2021, 05:00:59 pm »
These guys wont come back if they finally get flushed out of the league

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2021, 07:51:47 pm »
I know you's will think I've got some nerve typing this out but honestly, I don't think Burnley should even be in this League.    :wanker

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2021, 07:58:01 pm »
I saw the thread and came to write it was premature for Burnley to sack Dyche but realized they actually extended his contract, which is premature as well.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 16, 2021, 08:02:14 pm »
I know you's will think I've got some nerve typing this out but honestly, I don't think Burnley should even be in this League.    :wanker
Not at all. Newcastle are a traditionally big team, Burnley are just a turd that won't flush. Disgusting way of playing the game and hopefully once they go down, they never come back up.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2021, 08:44:50 pm »
Not at all. Newcastle are a traditionally big team, Burnley are just a turd that won't flush. Disgusting way of playing the game and hopefully once they go down, they never come back up.

Keep praying they'll go but the fuckers never do. We had one bright spot when they did go but the fuckers came back up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2021, 05:23:48 pm »
Lost at home to this Arsenal team.  Please let this be the year.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2021, 05:38:38 pm »
Last year they also had one point from their first five games. But they went on a couple of runs between November and March that kept them up. In 2018/19, they had one point from their first five matches, but that was the season when Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham stunk out the gaff and Burnley got away with it thanks to an eight game unbeaten run after Christmas. Whether they actually have enough to go on another run is up for debate. They look even more toothless upfront this season.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2021, 05:39:49 pm »
Brexit FC.

Relegation please.  :wanker

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2021, 05:41:10 pm »
They're like the bastard love child of Wimbledon circa 1992, and Pulis' Stoke City, shithouse anti football crap.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2021, 05:42:33 pm »
"Burnley Football Club" is overly optimistic.  Should be "Burnley Club"
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2021, 05:42:55 pm »
Would be good to see these go down. There's alot of shit in the league this season though so have to wait and see in may!

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2021, 05:57:07 pm »
Bunch of hypocritical thugs and cheats.

Defenders get away with constantly wrestling more skillful players. Manager always whinging about forwards going down easy against them.

Then their forwards constantly flinging themselves all over the place within crossing distance of the penalty area.

4 or 5 cynical, overly aggressive and reckless challenges a game designed to unsettle the opposition.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 06:00:08 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2021, 06:08:07 pm »
"Burnley Football Club" is overly optimistic.  Should be "Burnley Rugby League Club"
:thumbup

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2022, 04:00:52 pm »
Fuckity bye. Hopeless.

I’m convinced that Dwight McNeil has got a reputation as a good footballer, based on the absolute shit surrounding him. He’s as bad as them all these days.
AHA!

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2022, 04:01:36 pm »
Don't let the trapdoor hit you on the way down.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now