Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
That too, I don’t think Slots achievements are quite on par, Van Bronckhorst won the league title with Feynoord in 2016, Sporting hadn’t won a league since 2001-2 before Amorim.

I think the title he would probably have won with AZ had they not null and voided the season was pretty impressive (not that I knew anything about it until yesterday, like).
Rafa 😍

Oh come on now.

Do you also want the current version of Gerrard and Torres in our team as well?
I’d short circuit if we won a league title or another European cup under Rafa. Maximum romance
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by KC7 on Today at 12:49:36 am »
Got a good feeling with Slot.

He's charismatic, loved by his players and the fans, and is a football nut. Tactically he is strong in both sides of the game, meaning creating chances galore, and stingy at giving them up. Two days ago when his name was first mooted I had a feeling of dread, as I knew nothing off him. He's Dutch, from the Dutch league, immediately thought of the others with similar background. Needed to hear him speak first before making any proper judgement, and within two minutes I was thinking he sounds the part. You can see why players like him, and also why he was chosen as no doubt he gave a great interview. Personality is massive in the game. Can you get players on board, and with us especially can you get the fans onboard too. Think we are going to like him.

When the great man decided to leave, about 90% of my thoughts were gutted he's going, the other 10% was 'this is too soon for Alonso'. Xabi leaving Leverkusen after just one full season would be been very un-Alonso. He's a class act, and did exactly what I expected him to do. Don't believe any of this "waiting for Real" stuff for a second. It could well be he ends up at Real next season (personally hope he does as that gets his Real stint out of the way before us, but also that Slot fits in well with us there wont be any Xabi clamouring and I dont expect there to be), but not because it was calculated. He has only just got his foot in the door at Leverkusen, the first team that gave him a chance, wins their first ever title, no way was he going to skedaddle after that.

Almorin does sound very impressive. Comes across very understated, modest, and a quiet thinker. His record at rebuilding another Sporting team to success shows his quality. Do think though theres more a question mark over him fitting with us than Slot, and ultimately thats what Edwards and co. thought.
Who would you take instead of him?

Rafa 😍
That too, I don’t think Slots achievements are quite on par, Van Bronckhorst won the league title with Feynoord in 2016, Sporting hadn’t won a league since 2001-2 before Amorim.

Van Bronckhorst's team won the title by a single point. The following season they finished 4th, 17 points off first. Van Bronckhorst never got out of the group stage in Europe. 
Exactly. Don’t remember a single manager who’s made the jump from the Dutch league to a major league who’s been successful. Look at Bosz who’s went back to psv. He’s tearing that league apart just now but was deemed not good enough for Dortmund, Leverkusen or even Lyon. They’ve scored 16 goals in the last 3 league games which once again shows the quality of that league.

The logical step for Slot would have been to go to a stronger league and prove himself but the fact he’s landed the Liverpool job after one league title with Feyenoord is absolute madness. Hope the laptop geeks have got this one right but he’s such a massive risk that if this appointment doesn’t go to plan, this could severely set us back years.

Who would you take instead of him?
Honestly, I’m getting to the point where I’d prefer we gave it to Rafa as interim manager for a year, and worked on making an appointment for 2025. I’m not feeling it with either Slot or Amorim.

(Didi Hamann suggestion, and not a bad one to be honest).
I get why people want to big Slot up, get that 100% and don’t see it as a bad thing being a bit positive but I’m just not seeing him on the same level as Amorim as it stands.

;D What exactly is that based on, Andy? Because Van Bronkhorst happened to win a title with Feyenoord in 2016? So is VB's achievement as impressive as Amorim? Should we be after him?
Plus the fact Amorim has done it twice now by the looks of things after a 20 year drought, and against two big rivals not while Ajax are having an aneurism.

Exactly. Don’t remember a single manager who’s made the jump from the Dutch league to a major league who’s been successful. Look at Bosz who’s went back to psv. He’s tearing that league apart just now but was deemed not good enough for Dortmund, Leverkusen or even Lyon. They’ve scored 16 goals in the last 3 league games which once again shows the quality of that league.

The logical step for Slot would have been to go to a stronger league and prove himself but the fact he’s landed the Liverpool job after one league title with Feyenoord is absolute madness. Hope the laptop geeks have got this one right but he’s such a massive risk that if this appointment doesn’t go to plan, this could severely set us back years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10