Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 332132 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #5960 on: March 12, 2024, 02:45:36 pm »
To be fair he was my make or break horse for the week. Was convinced he was as good as that and last time he just didn’t fire for whatever reason.
I wouldn’t be all that confident about much else today, other than State Man

He didn’t fire because Fact to file is an absolute machine and would win the Gold Cup this year according to Tony Mullins.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5961 on: March 12, 2024, 03:06:13 pm »
He didn’t fire because Fact to file is an absolute machine and would win the Gold Cup this year according to Tony Mullins.
Still think he looked too bad to be true last time, as good as Fact to File was. Find out more about him tomorrow but the vibes recently have been he could be a superstar.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5962 on: March 12, 2024, 03:07:27 pm »
Well done duvva , great horse. What a place Cheltenham is..

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5963 on: March 12, 2024, 05:30:14 pm »
Just won £45 on Lark of the morning (blind pick), used my willy hill free bet.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #5964 on: March 12, 2024, 11:00:18 pm »
I backed Lark but didn't have him as my pick in the tournament  :D

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5965 on: March 13, 2024, 04:15:21 pm »
Well done lads, Billy Liddell is still doing well with two winners in the past two days at 7/2 and 100/30 from four bets. My lad who is watching the racing with me now and who started at the beginning of February has made over 55pts profit with BOG with his own Coral account and touch wood they haven't restricted him yet.
He started with fivers and when his Mum went to make the butties he told me he has had £50 on himself the past week or so..
I nearly said to him "Join the club,  with all my syndicates..

He is letting me put today's on here which were sent early today..

Zarzyni  7-15  Newc  100/30

Dynamic Talent  Kempton 8-0  7/2

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #5966 on: March 13, 2024, 07:20:50 pm »
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Mare’s tomorrow?
Can’t make up my mind between the top 2 and then I’m second guessing myself with Dysart Enos too.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5967 on: March 13, 2024, 07:35:19 pm »
I am not a gambler, far from it but any way 2 year ago I opened an online account with Bet365, put £50 in and backed 5 horses in the National.  Lost the £50. Never used the account again until a year later and done the exact same thing, put £50 in and backed 5 horses in the National., again lost the £50 and I haven't logged into that account since.

Any way this email came yesterday.

What's up with these cheeky bastards.  :wanker

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #5968 on: March 13, 2024, 08:03:17 pm »
Well done lads, Billy Liddell is still doing well with two winners in the past two days at 7/2 and 100/30 from four bets. My lad who is watching the racing with me now and who started at the beginning of February has made over 55pts profit with BOG with his own Coral account and touch wood they haven't restricted him yet.
He started with fivers and when his Mum went to make the butties he told me he has had £50 on himself the past week or so..
I nearly said to him "Join the club,  with all my syndicates..

He is letting me put today's on here which were sent early today..

Zarzyni  7-15  Newc  100/30

Dynamic Talent  Kempton 8-0  7/2

I didn't quite understand your whole post but this selection has just absolutely romped in, and has just finished off a tidy treble for myself so thank you for the heads up!

Keep these tips coming sir.
YNWA - JFT97

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5969 on: March 13, 2024, 08:19:27 pm »
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Mare’s tomorrow?
Can’t make up my mind between the top 2 and then I’m second guessing myself with Dysart Enos too.
Haven’t got a strong opinion. Elliott and Kennedy supposed to think very highly of the Fav - not sure but they may have put it forward as best chance for a winner this week.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5970 on: March 13, 2024, 08:24:12 pm »
WOW :)    Won by 4 lengths with the first withdrawn, moved from 7/2- 4/1 into 7/4f in the last two minutes

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5971 on: March 14, 2024, 02:00:28 pm »
No bet today lads and yesterday's winner runs again but in an amateur race. It has been backed 7/1 into 15/8.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5972 on: March 14, 2024, 04:57:08 pm »
Brighterdaysahead looked really green, i was worried for my bets from an early stage.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #5973 on: March 15, 2024, 08:26:19 pm »
11 2nds today across all the racing today
1 winner & 1 third (which were part of multiples)

I’ve never had a day as unlucky as I have today. Unbelievable to be honest
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5974 on: March 16, 2024, 06:03:58 pm »
We had a losing day yesterday with a 4/1 2nd, I can't speak for the others but it has got to the stage were I now think every horse is going to run well and win, it is hard to explain.

When I used to have a bet I didn't expect to really win and they usually didn't. We seem to either win on the day now or not have a bet. I know there will be losing spells but in six weeks the longest losing run is two.

Something happened the other night that I have never seen before, it went from 4/1-7/2 2f with two minutes before the off and ending up winning 7/4f.

My son went to watch the racing in town yesterday and he said one of their syndicate fella's said he knows Billy Liddell is a bloodstock agent and this is all information based, I don't know how he picks them I just hope it carries on for years to come.

We got Graffiti 8-30 Wolves early this morning when it was 9/2 - 4/1,  it is now as low as 9/4 - 2/1

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5975 on: March 17, 2024, 07:11:36 am »
Funny when your horse is heavily backed you think it's got more of a chance of winning and the opposite when it drifts.

Do you have any figures on the results of drifters and steamers.

Didn't really get involved, that's horse racing.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #5976 on: March 17, 2024, 11:17:34 pm »
Signed up to one of these tipster things for the month for Cheltenham and it was hit and miss over the 4 days but in fairness today he had 2 horses and both won at evs and 5/1.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5977 on: March 18, 2024, 03:34:12 pm »
Funny when your horse is heavily backed you think it's got more of a chance of winning and the opposite when it drifts.

Do you have any figures on the results of drifters and steamers.

Didn't really get involved, that's horse racing.
Hi Cormack, not of my own but these articles might be useful:

https://www.geegeez.co.uk/the-truth-about-steamers-and-drifters/
https://www.geegeez.co.uk/steamers-and-drifters-part-2/

The outcome is what I would have expected. 'Steamers' are bad value in the long term, and it's pretty logical to be honest. If you get a 'steamer' when it has gone from say 14/1 to 7/1, you're getting poor value in general. So, you might get more winners but will lose money.

'Drifters,' may win less but will likely give you better value. This is especially the case for shorter priced horses; say a horse goes from 8/11 to 6/5. Suddenly, it is potentially value. I've won more than a few times in that particular scenario. I remember one quite recently where the horse was about 1/2; I thought it would win but didn't like the odds. It drifted to 10/11, evens on the Exchange so I backed it, and it pissed the race! Obviously, that won't happen every time or even most of the time, but it does show that horses drifting isn't always a bad sign. An expert in the gee gees once said he liked the drifts after he's made his bets because it means he would make more money  :D Obviously, you need BOG to benefit.

I've been at Leopardstown and Fairyhouse and saw mad price cuts on horses at the track and couldn't understand why. I checked their history again and it made no sense. They then go on to be well beaten  ;D

Signed up to one of these tipster things for the month for Cheltenham and it was hit and miss over the 4 days but in fairness today he had 2 horses and both won at evs and 5/1.
Most, and I mean about 90+% of tipsters are absolutely crap. A combination of 'big names' who skate by on reputation and not results, utter chancers, and people who bet according to rigid systems, which often contain criteria that make no sense.

You'll find that mostly they tip at a price you can't actually get but frame their results based on this phantom price. If more people bothered to track their own results rather than the BS ROIs fed to them by these bullshit artists, they'd realise these people are charlatans. They'll claim they're up 20 points but you look at your results and it says you're down 8 points. Some even cheat on placing (they suggest you 'won' because your horse was third in a seven horse race even though most bookies only payout on the first two). The worst ones outright lie about pricing (recommending at odds available about 3 hours BEFORE they send you the tips and you can check odds history on Oddschecker) and put down a full payout when the race was subject to Rule 4.

Also, they always advertise heavily when on a hot streak, which is the worst time to join them because their results will revert to the mean, usually soon after.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5978 on: March 18, 2024, 06:37:29 pm »
Hi Cormack, not of my own but these articles might be useful:

https://www.geegeez.co.uk/the-truth-about-steamers-and-drifters/
https://www.geegeez.co.uk/steamers-and-drifters-part-2/

The outcome is what I would have expected. 'Steamers' are bad value in the long term, and it's pretty logical to be honest. If you get a 'steamer' when it has gone from say 14/1 to 7/1, you're getting poor value in general. So, you might get more winners but will lose money.

'Drifters,' may win less but will likely give you better value. This is especially the case for shorter priced horses; say a horse goes from 8/11 to 6/5. Suddenly, it is potentially value. I've won more than a few times in that particular scenario. I remember one quite recently where the horse was about 1/2; I thought it would win but didn't like the odds. It drifted to 10/11, evens on the Exchange so I backed it, and it pissed the race! Obviously, that won't happen every time or even most of the time, but it does show that horses drifting isn't always a bad sign. An expert in the gee gees once said he liked the drifts after he's made his bets because it means he would make more money  :D Obviously, you need BOG to benefit.

I've been at Leopardstown and Fairyhouse and saw mad price cuts on horses at the track and couldn't understand why. I checked their history again and it made no sense. They then go on to be well beaten  ;D
Most, and I mean about 90+% of tipsters are absolutely crap. A combination of 'big names' who skate by on reputation and not results, utter chancers, and people who bet according to rigid systems, which often contain criteria that make no sense.

You'll find that mostly they tip at a price you can't actually get but frame their results based on this phantom price. If more people bothered to track their own results rather than the BS ROIs fed to them by these bullshit artists, they'd realise these people are charlatans. They'll claim they're up 20 points but you look at your results and it says you're down 8 points. Some even cheat on placing (they suggest you 'won' because your horse was third in a seven horse race even though most bookies only payout on the first two). The worst ones outright lie about pricing (recommending at odds available about 3 hours BEFORE they send you the tips and you can check odds history on Oddschecker) and put down a full payout when the race was subject to Rule 4.

Also, they always advertise heavily when on a hot streak, which is the worst time to join them because their results will revert to the mean, usually soon after.

I saw one recently that claimed a winner even though the horse fell. His reasoning was "It would've won"

:lmao

I don't think I've ever followed him before, but he has me blocked on Twitter so I assume there has been some point in the past that I've called him out for being a scam artist.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5979 on: March 18, 2024, 06:42:29 pm »
The ones with the big following are the worst. As you say, they claim a price that's almost impossible to get.
Here's a 10/1 horse that's now 7/2 by the time any of their followers get near it.
Then you get the scumbags that got lucky on a big win then spam it for 2 or 3 years to prove they're magic at picking winners.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5980 on: March 19, 2024, 07:33:40 pm »
I know what you mean about tipsters whose horses' prices you can never get at a decent price.

Hugh Taylor on At The Races is a perfect example of that. He has a good strike rate etc but if he gives a horse at 14/1 for example, within just seconds the best price you can get is something like 8/1 or 9/1.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5981 on: March 20, 2024, 08:32:20 am »
I saw one recently that claimed a winner even though the horse fell. His reasoning was "It would've won"

:lmao

I don't think I've ever followed him before, but he has me blocked on Twitter so I assume there has been some point in the past that I've called him out for being a scam artist.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ok that's a new one!

I know what you mean about tipsters whose horses' prices you can never get at a decent price.

Hugh Taylor on At The Races is a perfect example of that. He has a good strike rate etc but if he gives a horse at 14/1 for example, within just seconds the best price you can get is something like 8/1 or 9/1.
Taylor is meant to be good and even he admits the difficulties of getting a price. For example, after reading what you wrote above, I checked a tip of his from yesterday which he gave at 8/1. It went off at an SP of 11/4.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5982 on: March 20, 2024, 03:21:27 pm »
Thanks 1892, I think it's a gamblers mental thing that if it moves into a shorter price it somehow has a better chance of winning, might just be me though.

We have a live test today, Billy Liddell sent early  Berkshire Phantom 7-30 at 9/4  Now into 11/8- 5/4-6/5

We also have Visibility  8-30   11/2  Hasn't moved

Here are his results taken from his ad, just out of interest we have got every price on there or even better in some cases.

2nd Feb Irish Rumour 2nd 3/1
2nd Feb Orange N Blue 2nd 7/2
4th Feb Sassy Redhead WON 9/4
4th Feb Glamourous Express Unp 4/1
5th Feb Laheg WON 9/4
5th Feb Oliver Snow WON 13/2
5th Feb Moon Flight WON 9/2.
5th Feb Pockley Unp
6th Feb Jungle Dance WON 3/1
6th Glory Dancer 3rd 5/1
7th Feb Ahlain WON 5/1
7th Feb Egoist 2nd 4/1
8th Feb So Chic 3rd 7/2
9th Feb Cabeza De Llave WON 9/4
9th Feb Due Date WON 5/2
10th Feb Pallas Lord WON 2/1
11th Feb NO BET
12th Feb Great Blasket 4th 7/2
12th Feb Darlo Pride WON 5/2
13th Feb Sibyl Charm 2nd 3/1
14th Feb Grigio WON 2/1
15th Feb Tortured Soul WON 2/1 7/4
16th NO BET
17th Nordic Glory Unp 5/2f
19th Goldsmith 4th 7/2
19th Neptune Legend WON 9/4
20th NO BET
21st Cephalus WON 13/8
22nd Phoenix Star WON 4/1 - 3/1
23rd Goldsmith WON 3/1 - 2/1
24th NO BET
25th NO BET
26th Gustav Graves WON 9/2 - 7/2
27th Ignac Lamar WON 11/4 - 7/2
28th NO BET
29th NO BET

MARCH

1st Batal Dubai 3rd 7/2- 7/4
1st Super Over 3rd 11/2 - 3/1
2nd Grenham Bay Won 4/1
3rd Abaaj WON 5/2
4th  NO BET
5th Young Endless  WON 3/1
6th Ravenglass 4th 11/2
7th  NO BET
8th Warminster  Unp 5/1
8th Super Over  WON 100/30
9th The Defiant  WON 9/4
10th  NO BET
11th King of Speed 2nd 5/2
11th Moon over the Sea  WON 7/2
12th Real Terms  3rd 4/1
12th One More Dream   WON 100/30
13th  Dynamic Talent  WON  9/4
14th   NO BET
15th  Virtual Hug   2nd 4/1
16th  Graffiti   4th 4/1
17th    NO BET
18th  Percy Willis   WON 11/4 R4
19th  Munificent  2nd 3/1

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #5983 on: March 21, 2024, 07:37:32 am »
Iam off to Bangor on Dee for my 52nd birthday on Saturday . Has anybody been ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5984 on: March 21, 2024, 08:08:08 am »
Kesey

We went as a family well over thirty years ago, still have the race card. Really great day out.. Happy Birthday and back loads of winners.

First horse should of won last night, was behind a wall of horses and full of running. Second horse was 4th 6/1

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #5985 on: March 21, 2024, 08:36:28 am »
Yeah first horse last night didn't get a run at all.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5986 on: March 21, 2024, 10:00:14 am »
Kesey

We went as a family well over thirty years ago, still have the race card. Really great day out.. Happy Birthday and back loads of winners.

First horse should of won last night, was behind a wall of horses and full of running. Second horse was 4th 6/1

Nice one. There's a few of us going. It's a be at Wetherspoons at 9.30 job.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5987 on: March 27, 2024, 07:52:28 am »
How was Bangor, we are planning to go in the summer.

We have hit our losing run with five 2nd's and few other's running well not beaten far. Still about 10pts up in March..

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5988 on: March 27, 2024, 08:39:26 am »

We have hit our losing run with five 2nd's and few other's running well not beaten far. Still about 10pts up in March..
It was inevitable. No matter how good anyone is at horse racing betting (or any other form), you'll hit the skids now and then. Hopefully he gets back to winning ways for you.

I get tips from one tipster who gives them at high odds much of the time. He's had an awful few months, but losses from the last 3 months was wiped out in two races in the space of an hour. Such is horse racing!

I'm off to the Irish National on Monday  :)

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5989 on: March 27, 2024, 05:43:04 pm »
Have a great time 1892, I was £2250 up in nearly two months with being involved in four syndicates and the incredible run we were on but have lost £500 in the past two weeks.

I'm sure Billy Liddell will start scoring again, I'll come on at the end of each month with the results

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5990 on: March 28, 2024, 11:51:00 am »

I didn't go mate. Standing in a field in North Wales in 40mph winds wasn't appealing. Sat in my local on Smithdown with a bookies next door instead .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5991 on: March 28, 2024, 12:55:27 pm »
If youse are going on a coach and need people give us a shout.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5992 on: March 28, 2024, 02:19:34 pm »
Have a great time 1892, I was £2250 up in nearly two months with being involved in four syndicates and the incredible run we were on but have lost £500 in the past two weeks.

I'm sure Billy Liddell will start scoring again, I'll come on at the end of each month with the results
Thanks Cormack  :)

As for this tipster, the sample size is so small it's hard to know what to think in terms of long term potential. It's great that you are up a significant amount, though. It's always nice to get in during a winning streak!

Keep the stakes as they are and review at the end of each month. If you're up say 50 units and bet 1 unit a stake, he'd need to lose 50 in a row for you to be back to break even so it's a nice position to be in. I like to review at the end of a month and increase stakes proportionally if the bankroll has gone beyond a certain point. This compounding can cause profits to skyrocket but only works if what you're doing is profitable, which is the hard part  :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:21:28 pm by 1892tillforever »

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5993 on: April 6, 2024, 02:40:30 pm »
I notice Il Est Francais blew out at Auteuil today. Interesting to see if there’s something amiss and whether they’re able to still go for the Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris in 6 weeks

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #5994 on: April 6, 2024, 07:32:27 pm »
I notice Il Est Francais blew out at Auteuil today. Interesting to see if there’s something amiss and whether they’re able to still go for the Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris in 6 weeks

Glad I didn't realise about today's race, I definitely would of backed it otherwise.

Looking forward to the first couple of days of Aintree, Do we think Hendersons horses will be back to there best now?

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5995 on: April 6, 2024, 10:04:45 pm »
Glad I didn't realise about today's race, I definitely would of backed it otherwise.

Looking forward to the first couple of days of Aintree, Do we think Hendersons horses will be back to there best now?
Your guess is as good as mine. He hasn’t run many since Cheltenham. Don’t really bet at Aintree much. Hard to know what horses will have left after Cheltenham

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #5996 on: April 7, 2024, 08:44:58 am »
Your guess is as good as mine. He hasn’t run many since Cheltenham. Don’t really bet at Aintree much. Hard to know what horses will have left after Cheltenham

Probably the sensible decision Duv, but as I'm not as much of a fan of the flat I try and make the most of the last few group races over obstacles.

Gerri Colombe and Teahupoo will be getting most my money if they both run.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5997 on: April 7, 2024, 02:48:57 pm »
Probably the sensible decision Duv, but as I'm not as much of a fan of the flat I try and make the most of the last few group races over obstacles.

Gerri Colombe and Teahupoo will be getting most my money if they both run.

If it stays really soft it will suit Gerri if the Gold Cup hasn’t taken too much out him, just don’t know what you’ll get from Shishkin with the worries about the stable.
Not sure which race Irish Point runs in but. I’d give him a decent shot of beating Teahupoo if he goes in the Liverpool Hurdle

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5998 on: April 11, 2024, 01:51:55 pm »
Knew that Gaelic Warrior form was brilliant and back Fact to File for the Gold Cup now.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5999 on: April 11, 2024, 02:37:59 pm »
Don't think that winner says much for Henderson, he should have won it, I think Shishkin next tells us a lot more.