Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 343110 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #3080 on: April 13, 2012, 07:52:02 am »
i find it astonishing that anybody here truly believes the statements released have any bearing on what the actual reasons for these changes might be.  we are a good few years and several ghostwriters away from ever getting even the faintest inkling of what's happened at the club over the last 12 months.

football is a lie.

Oh get a grip.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3081 on: April 13, 2012, 07:55:13 am »
But why now, of all the days and times, and on the same day as two dismissals?! The reason does nto compute...

It does comute if they have lined up a replacement who doesnt want Bruckner or Comolli as they will be bringing in their own team of pro's.
There is more to this than meets the eye from yesterdays statements/sackings, I really believe they have a new manager lined up anyone ignoring this would be foolish.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3082 on: April 13, 2012, 07:56:51 am »
It does comute if they have lined up a replacement who doesnt want Bruckner or Comolli as they will be bringing in their own team of pro's.
There is more to this than meets the eye from yesterdays statements/sackings, I really believe they have a new manager lined up anyone ignoring this would be foolish.

But the announcement said that Burgess will be promoted to Brukner's position.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3083 on: April 13, 2012, 07:57:16 am »

Managers don't bring in directors of football.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3084 on: April 13, 2012, 07:58:58 am »
Look

Nothing to suggest Brukner was sacked.

It's quite likely that he came over to set up. The sport sconce unit and oversee its inception.

That's done down so he's off back home.....

He may even have been on a two year contract......

I don't think this is the same as comolli in any way.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3085 on: April 13, 2012, 08:00:36 am »
football is a lie.

Rhythm is a dancer.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #3086 on: April 13, 2012, 08:01:26 am »
Oh get a grip.

You gotta admit, we learn more via the rumour mill nowadays.
This together with two more moves scheduled in May & June have been circulating for over a month.
The only question I have now is.... Is it Rafa, Rodgers or O'Neill

;D     :wave
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3087 on: April 13, 2012, 08:04:32 am »
Rhythm is a dancer.
snap is the power

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3088 on: April 13, 2012, 08:04:56 am »
Managers don't bring in directors of football.

We havent got one yet Al, in my opinion big changes are coming into place in the summer, a more proffessional one at that with a whole team of people who know what they are doing to move the club forward, lets face it we have looked very amateur with whats gone on this season on & off the pitch.
I could be wrong however.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3089 on: April 13, 2012, 08:05:00 am »
You gotta admit, we learn more via the rumour mill nowadays.
This together with two more moves scheduled in May & June have been circulating for over a month.
The only question I have now is.... Is it Rafa, Rodgers or O'Neill

;D     :wave

Allardyce....

I know there is stuff going on behind the scenes. Of course there is but that doesn't mean that there's a dark secret behind every announcement. As Freud said - sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3090 on: April 13, 2012, 08:06:52 am »
We havent got one yet Al, in my opinion big changes are coming into place in the summer, a more proffessional one at that with a whole team of people who know what they are doing to move the club forward, lets face it we have looked very amateur with whats gone on this season on & off the pitch.
I could be wrong however.

Possibly, but the intention is that the new DoF will be in place before the end of the season and before the transfer window opens. That suggests it's independent of any discussions about managers.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3091 on: April 13, 2012, 08:07:50 am »
If it stops us buying over priced, over rated British players, then I am all for it.

just like garath bale I think comolli's legacy will yield fruit after he has gone.

Offline MaschHead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3092 on: April 13, 2012, 08:07:51 am »
We won't get Van Gaal and Cruyff together, they hate eachother :P

Getting Cruyff as some kind of advisor on board would be nice though, I don't like Van Gaal personally, good coach though.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: April 13, 2012, 08:08:02 am »
But why now, of all the days and times, and on the same day as two dismissals?! The reason does nto compute...

But why is it any worse to announce the departures at the same time than is would be to stagger the announcements?

Whenever they were announced, you'd still be getting the same reaction from the rumour mill.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:09:39 am by RJH »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3094 on: April 13, 2012, 08:11:07 am »

Gets the media attention out the way. Plus to be honest the media story about Bruckner will be a little side note today rather than a big story in a few weeks if we announced it then.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #3095 on: April 13, 2012, 08:12:49 am »
Allardyce....

Hmm, quite possible actually... To bring out the best in Carroll, we got Downing & Adam in, there were also rumours that we wanted Joey Barton too... so very very possible...

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3096 on: April 13, 2012, 08:14:44 am »
Possibly, but the intention is that the new DoF will be in place before the end of the season and before the transfer window opens. That suggests it's independent of any discussions about managers.

In an ideal world and what I believe is best for the club is not to get another DOF we would be better employing Dein or Barwick, a top talent spotter and let Kenny or if they have turned their attention to someone else, get on with the job.  No other english club has a DOF because it doesnt work here they would do well to take note of this !!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3097 on: April 13, 2012, 08:17:16 am »
Look, the whole Dein thing's clearly a red herring...

It's clear that FSG have been advised by someone about the likes of Cryuff and Van Gaal...

Who do we think is advising them?

It seems obvious that it's Dein......

He's advising the owners, nothing more, nothing less.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #3098 on: April 13, 2012, 08:17:40 am »

Probably leaked anyway, so had to make a statement.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #3099 on: April 13, 2012, 08:20:24 am »
Its not a dismissal, Bruckner has done his job and is moving on.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: April 13, 2012, 08:21:03 am »

So you do one announcement a week or one a month and the club seems to be in endless crisis mode? Of course it computes...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #3101 on: April 13, 2012, 08:23:07 am »
I know there is stuff going on behind the scenes. Of course there is but that doesn't mean that there's a dark secret behind every announcement. As Freud said - sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

I always did like your sense on humour.
Reading your responses here gives me a picture of Geoff Boycott dropping his bat on everything that comes down the wicket.
Watch out for the enevitable GOOGLY it may turn out to be a CHINAMAN
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline davey.1978

• Main Stander
  • Fuck them all.
« Reply #3102 on: April 13, 2012, 08:23:38 am »
It wouldn't suprise me that whoever comes in has more of a hands-on media role taking the emphasis off the manager. Let's be honest, Kenny despises them as much as the rest of us. If that is Cruyff...then all the better...and it makes putting on me trainies a little more personel. ;)
Keep the faith.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3103 on: April 13, 2012, 08:25:41 am »
the timing makes sense (not two days before the semi final but mid april) as you will be drawing up the list of players to approach in the summer right now and you'll want to get them signed before euros to in case their value increases. the timing makes sense.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3104 on: April 13, 2012, 08:27:48 am »
the timing makes sense (not two days before the semi final but mid april) as you will be drawing up the list of players to approach in the summer right now and you'll want to get them signed before euros to in case their value increases. the timing makes sense.

who will be drawing up the list?

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3105 on: April 13, 2012, 08:30:04 am »
who will be drawing up the list?

Purslow!!

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3106 on: April 13, 2012, 08:30:39 am »
If the rumour mill is true it is suggested that Bruckner failed to spot the infection Gerrard got twice in his foot, and was clashing with kenny over injured players not being ready and breaking down with injury again kelly & Johnson, ofcourse this could just be bull but would also make sense.  For me this is a bit of a none story anyway and there's no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist over Bruckner leaving anyway.

I just want whats best for the club and also suspect there will be more departures before the seasons finished as long as the new replacements are better than them they are replacing then it can only be a good thing for LFC.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:32:14 am by Liverbird 2010 »

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3107 on: April 13, 2012, 08:41:57 am »
nothing new overnight then I take it?
bollocks

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3108 on: April 13, 2012, 08:48:55 am »
Really taken aback by this news to be honest.

I think it's FSG's way of firing a warning signal to Dalglish, Clarke and co. Basically, things need to improve. Only, they could hardly sack Kenny two days before the F.a cup semi. Personally I think they are saying privately, we got it wrong with Comolli, and we got it wrong with Dalglish. Maybe I'm wrong like, maybe they do have 'full confidence' in Kenny and maybe he does enjoy their 'full support. I just don't think so. Whether we like it or not, his statement on Kenny was 100% necessary. If he had refused to comment or showed in any way some doubt, the papers would have been all over it. With the semi coming up, it just wouldn't have happened.

I reckon Kenny will leave by mutual consent come the summer, and I think it'll be FSG that make the first move on that front.

I agree with you, and I've been surprised how few have thought this.

To me, it's just like when they brought Comolli in originally; bring in the DoF so that he can then look around and decide on the manager he wants.  Comolli came in, had a couple of months to get settled, and then sacked Hodgson.  The new DoF now has the chance to do the same, and in the summer I'm fairly sure we'll see another manager, unless results drastically improve between now and then.  It seems sad to have to worry about this, but I do hope that the new DoF is a well-respected figure in world football, because the owners will be wanting to present an attractive package to entice a good manager, but we're not going to get one if there are doubts about the new director and the owners' pursestrings.

Time to make a statement about where we're going, I reckon.  The Director of Football we select will have a lot to say about where that is.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: April 13, 2012, 08:49:09 am »
Anyway, if this means we'll never see (imho) major fuckups like Aquilani (paying ~75% of his wage to play for AC Milan ffs, after clearly playing heads and shoulders above the majority of the rest our squad in preseaon), Meireles (selling one of our best performers of the previous season shortly after losing the aforementioned Aquilani and knowing Gerrard was out for half the season), and Pacheco (loan with option to buy deal for one of our most promising youngsters... absolutely ludicrous), then this is a good day imho.

I'm none too happy about the Insua treatment either (although this was mitigated by Enrique).

Couldn´t agree more. IMO, Comolli did his best to continue the squad management of Hodgson and I am glad he is gone. The damage done of both was remarkable.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline marcus50bucks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: April 13, 2012, 08:49:52 am »

credit to royhendo

Where is this article from?

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #3111 on: April 13, 2012, 08:50:16 am »
I just hope it is Begiristain. There'd be a massive turnaround of our fortunes,and the way we play. Point is whether we can tempt him here. The summer could be massive,with our club legend+a master tactician.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #3112 on: April 13, 2012, 08:50:38 am »

What do you think we are? A soap opera? Hmm, hang on a minute...

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #3113 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:00 am »
I wonder what would happen if we lose on Saturday and lose badly? The owners are clearly holding people to account at the moment.

Offline SheffieldRed

• Anny Roader
  • Question.
« Reply #3114 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:47 am »
Anyone know if Tom and John are still in the country and for how long they will be staying? Are we to assume that the new position will be decided whilst they're still here?
twitter @stevebruce99

Not related to the ex Manc punchbag-faced gimp.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3115 on: April 13, 2012, 08:52:22 am »
Anyone know if Tom and John are still in the country and for how long they will be staying? Are we to assume that the new position will be decided whilst they're still here?

They are there for the semi final so one would assume until the weekend is over.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3116 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:02 am »

Comolli's been sacked
Kenny's been backed
Brukner has packed

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:06 am »

They're here to watch the match and I'd expect them to fly back early next week. It's highly unlikely there will be an appointment in the next few days - Werner said that they took action over Comolli now to have someone in place before the summer, suggesting that they expect the process to take some time.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: April 13, 2012, 08:56:18 am »
I wonder what would happen if we lose on Saturday and lose badly? The owners are clearly holding people to account at the moment.

Nothing. That's one of the benefits of taking action before the game. It shows that they aren't taking knee-jerk decisions.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: April 13, 2012, 08:56:36 am »

Yeah I agree.

Would be sacked if the owners don't know who they want.

Think we will have a replacement in place within 2 weeks.

Transfers don't get done when the transfer window opens. Most are agreed before the window opens.

The owners want a DOF(for whatever reason) and that has nothing to do with the manager.