Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1390887 times)

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #7000 on: May 17, 2021, 10:27:34 am »
Are you Gareth Southgate?
No but you aimed your reply at me for daring to suggest Southgate had a look at the other RBs at his disposal.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7001 on: May 17, 2021, 10:28:19 am »
With Jota potentially a doubt now too we are going to have a really low contingent at the Euros this summer. Which makes it more boring to watch but can only help us get a head start on others for next season.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #7002 on: May 17, 2021, 10:29:45 am »
Feel sorry for Trent but I think a proper summer holiday and full pre-season with VVD, Gomez and Matip is exactly what he needs.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7003 on: May 17, 2021, 10:29:58 am »
Are you Gareth Southgate?

Would explain a lot.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7004 on: May 17, 2021, 10:30:36 am »
Haven’t seen Trippier this year but he must have done ok with Atletico looking like they’ll win the league. He’s not in Trent’s class though.

He was banned for twelve games this season for breaking betting rules and has been back in their starting lineup since March.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #7005 on: May 17, 2021, 10:31:22 am »
Even forgetting we support his team, not taking Trent to the Euro's will be one of the biggest insane decisions that any football manager has ever made. Insane thinking just to play a 'system'.

Not even in the squad is an even more insane decision. It's not even in question about his ability, unless you are Gareth Southgate.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7006 on: May 17, 2021, 10:32:26 am »
Brilliant news if confirmed. One more key player that doesn't have to fuck his preseason up by going to a tournament. Great stuff!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7007 on: May 17, 2021, 10:33:00 am »
Southgate is a genius if he gives Trent the off season to rest and a full pre-season for us and I won't hear any different.

Yes its one of the rare occasions where we can thank him for being moronic.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7008 on: May 17, 2021, 10:35:22 am »
Southgate doesn't have the tactical nouse like Klopp or Guardiola to effectively use Trent, so he's shit the bed and not including him.
I think Southgate has a tactical mouse who's giving him football advice. Don't discount Mr Squeak's help here - or Steve Holland, as he's also know.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7009 on: May 17, 2021, 10:37:07 am »
How reliable is that report? It suggests levels of obduracy I doubt Southgate has.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7010 on: May 17, 2021, 10:41:34 am »
How reliable is that report? It suggests levels of obduracy I doubt Southgate has.
Very. Ornstein is well connected.

I think you're forgetting that Southgate spent his career at Palace, Villa and Middlesbrough. Years of mediocrity can do strange things to a man. Just look at every single Everton supporter.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7011 on: May 17, 2021, 10:46:40 am »
Let's hope all the LFC players are binned by their national managers. Then they can get the rest they need.

One of the two most naturally talented English players we had at the club in the last 15 years? Ruined by international football.

World Cup/Euros/Nations Cup (or whatever it's called)/friendlies, etc etc etc ad nauseam.  I can't think of another contact sport played 12 months a year, every year. 

Toni Kroos called it what it is: exploitation.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:54:16 am by FLRed67 »

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #7012 on: May 17, 2021, 10:46:43 am »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7013 on: May 17, 2021, 11:05:48 am »
Another fuckin' dinosaur.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7014 on: May 17, 2021, 11:06:21 am »
Shit for Trent, great for us.  And likely even better for us next season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7015 on: May 17, 2021, 11:08:32 am »
Please baby Jesus, make it so that he doesn't have to play, risk injury and suffer media onslaught for every kick he makes over the summer.
Thank you Gareth Southgate, you savant genius.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7016 on: May 17, 2021, 11:09:32 am »
No way Trent isn't in the squad, don't care what report says otherwise

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7017 on: May 17, 2021, 11:10:08 am »
Yet that waistcoat fucker is picking Hendo. The same Hendo who wouldn't have played in over 3 months.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7018 on: May 17, 2021, 11:12:53 am »
It’s not even a question of him being England’s best RB, that’s beyond debate now, but he’s one of the best players in Europe full-stop.

I don’t know whether it’s stupidity or arrogance on Southgate and England’s part, it’s probably both, but there is no justification for leaving one of Europe’s best out of an England squad that will select Pickford, Trippier and Dier among its supposed best 26 available players.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7019 on: May 17, 2021, 11:14:19 am »
Very. Ornstein is well connected.

I think you're forgetting that Southgate spent his career at Palace, Villa and Middlesbrough. Years of mediocrity can do strange things to a man. Just look at every single Everton supporter.

I'm not forgetting that. I agree with the implication that he's a reactionary, old-fashioned coach. On those grounds it would look like curtains for a genius like Trent.

My query was about how courageous (or obdurate) Southgate is. He may be old-fashioned, but he's always struck me as a bit of a wimp too. On that basis I wondered whether all the recent media hype around Trent (practically every pundit wants Trent to play for England) might have got to Southgate and forced him to change his mind, against his better instincts.

Bad news about Ornstein. I didn't know he was credible.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7020 on: May 17, 2021, 11:14:55 am »
Absolutely made up if he doesn't go. Shame for trent like as I'm sure he'd like to, but reckon we'll see a player of the season level performance from him at RB next year if he doesn't go.

Leave him at home Gareth, you've got plenty of cover.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7021 on: May 17, 2021, 11:21:26 am »
I'm surprised Southgate hasn't followed the likely Samuel/Winter line (you know one of them will write this) of looking to only select him with a view to play him in central midfield spraying passes around given a) Rice and Henderson have injury issues b) this is what the meedja have been clamouring for for ages

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7022 on: May 17, 2021, 11:23:13 am »
Southgate has two true world class players at his disposal and he isnt taking on. The guys an absolute moron if he take James or Trippier over him.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7023 on: May 17, 2021, 11:35:25 am »
Did Southgate leak something to the media? I don't understand the sudden furore over Trent's exclusion again. Where is this information coming from? Sounds like pure stupid speculation to  me.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7024 on: May 17, 2021, 11:37:51 am »
Did Southgate leak something to the media? I don't understand the sudden furore over Trent's exclusion again. Where is this information coming from? Sounds like pure stupid speculation to  me.

Ornstein at the Athletic.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7025 on: May 17, 2021, 11:45:03 am »
No way Trent isn't in the squad, don't care what report says otherwise

I agree, think it’s just yet another story to spark yet another debate. It’s boring now, he’s so obviously international standard and can walk into any international squad, under any coach within any system. End of story.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #7026 on: May 17, 2021, 12:00:05 pm »
Ornstein at the Athletic.
Yeah, I got that bit. But unless Southgate leaked it to Ornstein or someone else connected to him on purpose, I don't see how they could know for sure. Still sounds like pure clickbaity speculation to drum up public indignation.

Squad is supposed to be announce on May 25th. That is more than a week away. No way Ornstein could know this.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 12:04:59 pm by Morgana »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7027 on: May 17, 2021, 12:06:59 pm »
Imagine not picking Trent Alexander-Arnold because he doesn’t fit your system designed to get the best out of the likes of Jesse Lingard, rather than not picking Jesse Lingard because he doesn’t fit into a system designed to get the best out of Trent Alexander Arnold.

Southgate is a silly twat.  He’s probably upset at Trent for making him look like a complete mug over the last couple of months.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7028 on: May 17, 2021, 12:30:22 pm »
Southgate's a terrible manager. I'm not at all surprised that he's probably going to select Trippier over Trent. He'll probably select Lingard over Grealish or some other bollocks. So much talent at his disposal and no idea how to get the best out of it.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7029 on: May 17, 2021, 12:39:04 pm »
The Athletic reporting that Trent is still not in Southgates plans for the Euros and will likely not get a call up this Summer

https://theathletic.co.uk/2591909/2021/05/17/ornstein-henderson-sancho-grealish-likely-to-make-southgate-squad-alexander-arnold-likely-casualty/

Good.

Had a quick look on the caf this morning and according to them, he's not needed as England have a glut of world class attackers 🤷

Also out of the 3 he's going to take, 2 are in the CL final and 1 is about to win La Liga.

So Trent's not won anything recently then 🤷
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 12:46:11 pm by reddebs »

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7030 on: May 17, 2021, 12:54:56 pm »
I mean obviously I think he's the best English RB by a country mile but it's not lost on me that there other players that might fit Southgate's (boring) system better, and if he's not going to start I'd rather he just stayed at home.

Wouldn't be the first time a seemingly obvious inclusion was left out, remember Sane being left out of the German World Cup squad after his breakout season for City? I'm sure Southgate's replacement (who surely can't be too far away...) will better appreciate his talents.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7031 on: May 17, 2021, 12:58:22 pm »
Soutghate doesn't have a clue how to use him other than "you're a defender, you defend."

Just proves how good a manager southgate is, round peg round hole and that's the end of it. No thought, no guile, no inventiveness.

Southgate is fucking idiot.

Anyway not upset trent isn't going.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7032 on: May 17, 2021, 12:59:02 pm »
I have to say I really dislike this journalist, he's been making this almost his personal crusade piece. The moment anyone agrees with the sentiment he is all over the them in the comments, especially if they are a "Liverpool" fan. I just cannot get over the idea that some actually believe Reece James is better than Trent, but if it happens I hope Southgate pays for it with his job. Trent will get the summer off and an opportunity to laugh in his face next season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7033 on: May 17, 2021, 12:59:13 pm »
Yeah, I got that bit. But unless Southgate leaked it to Ornstein or someone else connected to him on purpose, I don't see how they could know for sure. Still sounds like pure clickbaity speculation to drum up public indignation.

Squad is supposed to be announce on May 25th. That is more than a week away. No way Ornstein could know this.

Personally I think it's exactly what southgate would do. Get it in the press, judge the reaction blah blah. Still chance to change his mind if he gets pelters for it. Also, you don't know who might get injured between now and then - so if james gets injured then trent presumably goes - so no need for a full announcement. Just test the waters. It sounds about right to me, anyway.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #7034 on: May 17, 2021, 01:05:51 pm »
If true, then it should answer fully any lingering questions as to why the English national team has always had (with the possible exception of Robson and Venables) an absolute shitshow of inept, uninspired, face-fits, unadventurous ballsacks.

In fairness though, Scotland in the 80's kept not selecting Jocky, so ineptness at the national level is not just an England trait...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #7035 on: May 17, 2021, 01:07:33 pm »
I still think he'll go as I refuse to believe he wouldn't take him. That said, if he doesn't, then all we need is Henderson to miss out on it, because Gomez certainly isn't going. Could be very promising stuff.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7036 on: May 17, 2021, 01:14:00 pm »

Trent will be devastated if this is true, I don’t take any pleasure in seeing him not fulfill his ambitions

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7037 on: May 17, 2021, 01:25:13 pm »
When is the squad due to be announced does anyone know?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7038 on: May 17, 2021, 01:28:37 pm »
When is the squad due to be announced does anyone know?

Next week

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7039 on: May 17, 2021, 01:31:25 pm »
If true, then it should answer fully any lingering questions as to why the English national team has always had (with the possible exception of Robson and Venables) an absolute shitshow of inept, uninspired, face-fits, unadventurous ballsacks.

In fairness though, Scotland in the 80's kept not selecting Jocky, so ineptness at the national level is not just an England trait...

Hansen only got something like 28 caps for Scotland didn’t he? Incredible.