Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1390823 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #6960 on: May 17, 2021, 09:05:05 am »
It’s so bizarre. I know it’s good news for a lot of us but it’s shit for Trent.

What a fucking wet lettuce Southgate is though. Trent had a poor (by his standards) 2-3 months but he’s been great for 2 months now and looks back to his best. He’s a level above any other right back England can field. And if Southgate wants to play 3 at the back he’d be a great wing back.

Absolutely nuts.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6961 on: May 17, 2021, 09:05:08 am »
Southgate has lost the plot if he doesnt pick Trent. Last two games he has been on fire and is clearly the best all round fullback we have.

Sounds like he has dug himself into a hole and refuses to get out of it which is crazy.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6962 on: May 17, 2021, 09:06:02 am »
That'd be one of the dumbest decisions in the sports history, he's even been at all the games where he's been incredible lately!  ;D Reeks of someone not having the confidence in themselves or know how to set up a team to get the best out of him, he's also seemingly fooled himself in to thinking players who can't attack as well must be better defensively which isn't the case at all. Sancho won't start if he goes either, guy hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

But I'm happy if he gets the summer off. Will be great for us.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6963 on: May 17, 2021, 09:07:11 am »
Not taking Trent will end up defining Southgates career after his sacked by Ingurland.

That's all he'll ever be remembered for.

Unless he does another pizza advert.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6964 on: May 17, 2021, 09:07:40 am »
Is there any other nation that willingly overlooks their most natural talents than this one? I mean Trent is obviously daft enough, but then there’s seemingly some doubt over Sancho too, if he’s one of the three extra picks. Fucking bizarre.
AHA!

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6965 on: May 17, 2021, 09:07:56 am »
The Athletic reporting that Trent is still not in Southgates plans for the Euros and will likely not get a call up this Summer

https://theathletic.co.uk/2591909/2021/05/17/ornstein-henderson-sancho-grealish-likely-to-make-southgate-squad-alexander-arnold-likely-casualty/

It's a shame for Trent on a personal level but great for LFC. A summer off to get refreshed and come back with a point to prove.

He's better off staying away from that circus - I'm gutted Steve Clarke knows what he is doing and hasn't decided to leave Robbo at home too.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #6966 on: May 17, 2021, 09:15:17 am »
Is there any other nation that willingly overlooks their most natural talents than this one? I mean Trent is obviously daft enough, but then there’s seemingly some doubt over Sancho too, if he’s one of the three extra picks. Fucking bizarre.

the key point to remember is that Southgate isn't a very good football manager 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6967 on: May 17, 2021, 09:18:46 am »
I'm not sure you even need to be a very good, or even particularly competent, football manager to make the correct decision there.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #6968 on: May 17, 2021, 09:20:15 am »
Trent won't be overlooked. His form a few months ago didn't warrant an England call-up whether we like it or not.

Anyway, it's great to see he's dusted himself off and come back even better - those balls into the box are outrageous.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6969 on: May 17, 2021, 09:20:40 am »
The Athletic reporting that Trent is still not in Southgates plans for the Euros and will likely not get a call up this Summer

https://theathletic.co.uk/2591909/2021/05/17/ornstein-henderson-sancho-grealish-likely-to-make-southgate-squad-alexander-arnold-likely-casualty/

Fucking excellent.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6970 on: May 17, 2021, 09:20:45 am »
I'm not sure you even need to be a very good, or even particularly competent, football manager to make the correct decision there.
I'm starting to see the issue here..............
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6971 on: May 17, 2021, 09:21:00 am »
Gotta be something else going on there?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6972 on: May 17, 2021, 09:22:04 am »
Trent won't be overlooked. His form a few months ago didn't warrant an England call-up whether we like it or not.

Anyway, it's great to see he's dusted himself off and come back even better - those balls into the box are outrageous.

Rubbish, he'd actually been playing well again when he was left out and anyway you don't leave out one of the best players in the world because of a rough bit of "form". And certainly not when the alternatives are all average.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6973 on: May 17, 2021, 09:22:25 am »

Lets also not forget that he only just picked Jack Grealish. He hasn't been sure on him for years and was almost forced into picking him.

So that's an England manager, not picking Trent, Grealish and possibly Sancho!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6974 on: May 17, 2021, 09:23:54 am »
Reports today are that Southgate still isn’t going to take him to the Euro’s. Even with the expanded 26 man squads.

Will take a ‘last minute change of heart’ apparently as Southgate doesn’t see Trent as a ‘good fit into how he wants the team to operate’.

Not that we care what England fans think, but I’m sure the entire nation will be astonished if Trent isn’t picked.
Absolute grand.

Nice rest in summer.

FA once again have a golden generation of talent and have the wrong man at the helm.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6975 on: May 17, 2021, 09:25:18 am »
Even if he is picked I doubt he gets a game. Southgate seems to not like him and all the expanding the squads to 26 means a couple of more players just get to sit on the bench for a couple of weeks until England get bounced out by the first decent team they meet.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #6976 on: May 17, 2021, 09:26:09 am »
There is not one reason not to pick Trent. Even if he doesn't start, he would be massive to bring off the bench to unlock teams. He should be starting anyway.

I think Southgate must be digging his heels in for some weird fucking reason and that is shithousery of another level.

I know we are all saying is good for us, but it's absolutely shit for Trent. If he doesn't get in, that's absolute bollocks and I'll be so sorry for the lad.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6977 on: May 17, 2021, 09:27:50 am »
Mediocre managers make mediocre decisions.

Southgate is a clown.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #6978 on: May 17, 2021, 09:30:28 am »
Rubbish, he'd actually been playing well again when he was left out and anyway you don't leave out one of the best players in the world because of a rough bit of "form". And certainly not when the alternatives are all average.
I don't believe Southgate made the decision on common sense but I personally don't see an issue with allowing one of the other 5 RBs England seem to have just in case it came to it in the Euros.

Anyway, i'm not defending Southgate nor am I arsed about England.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6979 on: May 17, 2021, 09:51:44 am »

That argument falls flat when Pickford (Fucking Pickford!!!) is Southgate's first choice keeper. Trent was poor for a couple of months by his ridiculous standards but for at least the last 3 months , he's been back to form.

I don't want Trent anywhere near the Euro's but the criticism he's taken because of that useless lump of potato's is insane. Can't wait to see what a cock up England make in this years tournament. Don't go Hendo, tell them fuck off please.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6980 on: May 17, 2021, 09:56:58 am »
Trents form has picked up massively recently so ridiculous if he isn't taken and although people on here dont really like the national team and may celebrate Trent being left behind, i'd be gutted for him. It would be a huge blow for him mentally and i'm sure he would be devastated not to be able to repesent England at an international tournament

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6981 on: May 17, 2021, 09:59:23 am »
He's been brilliant since getting that 3 week breather due to being left out of the England squad. Thanks Gareth you're a real pal.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6982 on: May 17, 2021, 09:59:46 am »
Southgate doesn't have the tactical nouse like Klopp or Guardiola to effectively use Trent, so he's shit the bed and not including him.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6983 on: May 17, 2021, 10:02:08 am »
I'm starting to see the issue here..............

I think even Hodgson would pick Trent
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6984 on: May 17, 2021, 10:07:29 am »
Imagine Brazil not taking Roberto Carlos to a tournament because he was too adventurous
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6985 on: May 17, 2021, 10:07:53 am »
Reports today are that Southgate still isn’t going to take him to the Euro’s. Even with the expanded 26 man squads.

Will take a ‘last minute change of heart’ apparently as Southgate doesn’t see Trent as a ‘good fit into how he wants the team to operate’.

Not that we care what England fans think, but I’m sure the entire nation will be astonished if Trent isn’t picked.

And that's why they won't win anything. Maybe get out of the group but in the knockout rounds you need to be able to change it up. Southgate will take three rightbacks who play the same way. Anyone with half a brain would take two that play one way if that's what you want to do for most games and then take soneone like TAA who can create goals out of nothing.

Sad for Trent personally but happy if he doesn't go from a LIverpool point of view.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #6986 on: May 17, 2021, 10:08:01 am »
That argument falls flat when Pickford (Fucking Pickford!!!) is Southgate's first choice keeper. Trent was poor for a couple of months by his ridiculous standards but for at least the last 3 months , he's been back to form.

I don't want Trent anywhere near the Euro's but the criticism he's taken because of that useless lump of potato's is insane. Can't wait to see what a cock up England make in this years tournament. Don't go Hendo, tell them fuck off please.
I'm not making an argument - it is Gareth Southgate we are talking about here. I can't explain his logic behind the decision he made.

Fact is Trent did have a dip in form and there is a load of other RBs that he might have wanted to take a look at. Either way, it's benefitted us. If Trent doesn't go the Euros then Southgate truly has lost the plot.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6987 on: May 17, 2021, 10:09:27 am »
The guy is back to playing his best. A couple of times yesterday he went into beast mode and ran past three or 4 of their players. His crossing is 2nd to none; the corner at the end was perfect.
#JFT97

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #6988 on: May 17, 2021, 10:10:25 am »
He also did really well cutting out a 1 on 1 from Robson-Kanu as well

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6989 on: May 17, 2021, 10:12:45 am »
Would be absolutely daft for TAA not to be selected. Great for us, but a sackable offence for most national teams. Especially when he's clearly going to a) have Pickford as his first choice keeper b) follow the England manager tradition of selecting and playing injured/unfit players
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:14:44 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6990 on: May 17, 2021, 10:15:05 am »
I don't believe Southgate made the decision on common sense but I personally don't see an issue with allowing one of the other 5 RBs England seem to have just in case it came to it in the Euros.

Anyway, i'm not defending Southgate nor am I arsed about England.

Trent Alexander Arnold was #18 in the Guardian's top 100 players in the World 2020 and #12 in Marca's list (above Kevin de Bruyne).

It's tournament football and not taking one of the top twenty players in the world is negligence.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6991 on: May 17, 2021, 10:16:30 am »
He also did really well cutting out a 1 on 1 from Robson-Kanu as well

Exactly - and in the United game you saw his ability to win back the ball high up the pitch.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6992 on: May 17, 2021, 10:18:01 am »
Exactly - and in the United game you saw his ability to win back the ball high up the pitch.

He's improved his defensive work massively and it was never as terrible as the media made out anyway. England playing 3 at the back with 2 sitting midfielders makes it even more unbelievable they wouldn't take him.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if Sancho didn't make it either and they took Lingard
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6993 on: May 17, 2021, 10:20:46 am »
I wasn't too bothered about Ingurland so just another reason to enjoy some freedom after lockdown. Thanks Southgate.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #6994 on: May 17, 2021, 10:22:08 am »
Trent Alexander Arnold was #18 in the Guardian's top 100 players in the World 2020 and #12 in Marca's list (above Kevin de Bruyne).

It's tournament football and not taking one of the top twenty players in the world is negligence.
Where have I said Trent shouldn't go the Euros?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6995 on: May 17, 2021, 10:22:49 am »
Where have I said Trent shouldn't go the Euros?

Are you Gareth Southgate?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6996 on: May 17, 2021, 10:23:30 am »
And that's why they won't win anything. Maybe get out of the group but in the knockout rounds you need to be able to change it up. Southgate will take three rightbacks who play the same way. Anyone with half a brain would take two that play one way if that's what you want to do for most games and then take soneone like TAA who can create goals out of nothing.

Sad for Trent personally but happy if he doesn't go from a LIverpool point of view.

The mad thing is I presume he’ll take Walker, Trippier and James based on recent squads.

I can actually see the logic with Walker. Don’t rate him hugely but if he plays three centre backs he can play as one of them where his recovery pace is useful.

Haven’t seen Trippier this year but he must have done ok with Atletico looking like they’ll win the league. He’s not in Trent’s class though.

James is the bizarre one. From what I’ve seen, he does play in the same mould as Trent. Has a good cross and would be one of those marked down as ‘better going forward.’ There’s no way he’s as good as Trent though.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6997 on: May 17, 2021, 10:25:34 am »
I don't know why you guys are trying to figure out why Southgate isn't picking the guy. Southgate is a fucking moron.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6998 on: May 17, 2021, 10:26:39 am »
Southgate is a genius if he gives Trent the off season to rest and a full pre-season for us and I won't hear any different.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6999 on: May 17, 2021, 10:27:13 am »
I don't know why you guys are trying to figure out why Southgate isn't picking the guy. Southgate is a fucking moron.

:thumbup
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA