Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1390910 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #6640 on: April 7, 2021, 12:26:58 am »
The question is, what do we want Trent to be?  He's essentially our De Bruyne in terms of creativity and chance creation.  His cross-field passes are fantastic for opening up space.  His passing/crossing was a nightmare for Arsenal to deal with.

At the same time, we want him to be a great physical one-on-one defender who's always in position?  He's probably not at his best in terms of defensive concentration, but we put a lot of responsibility on his plate.  It's usually why we have someone like Hendo on that side to help him out (or Matip/Gomez as a very quick CB to cover).  When he's caught up the pitch, Hendo can delay the other team's counterattack.  When he's caught out on a pass over the top, he has Gomez's pace to help him.  Right now, he has neither, and he hasn't had much protection all year.

He's not a normal full-back by any stretch of the imagination, and Klopp probably gives him a lot of freedom to advance up the pitch and to play passes/crosses to create chances.  It's not shocking that when he doesn't get cover, he looks bad defensively.

He can obviously play better, but if we need him as a creative outlet but simultaneously put a slow CB and a Hendo-less midfield around him, it won't look great.  I think I saw that the Fabinho-Wijnaldum-Keita midfield was also used in the 7-2 Villa match.  That entire right side (Gomez had a shocker too) was a mess.

Trent isn't an out and out defender like Arbeloa or a physical player like Walker (who can get away with positioning issues).  We want him to be our creative outlet and long-range passer.  We want him up the pitch for his crossing and shooting ability.  But if we don't provide adequate cover for him, it can look bad defensively for us.

He needs to improve his focus and concentration (and overall play) for sure, but we are asking a lot of him.

I missed this post, a lot of good points.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6641 on: April 7, 2021, 12:27:21 am »
Neither are Modric/Kroos/Casimiro. Midfield is all about control.

Wasn't that exactly why everyone was predicting we'd destroy Real tonight before the game though, that lack of athleticism? It'll work sometimes, other times it will get walked through and run round.

Plus, with the greatest respect to our lads, you're talking about two of the finest midfielders of the past decade there. Thiago arguably falls into the same category but I don't think Fabinho does (yet) and Trent has literally never played in midfield, so....

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6642 on: April 7, 2021, 12:30:30 am »
Wasn't that exactly why everyone was predicting we'd destroy Real tonight before the game though, that lack of athleticism? It'll work sometimes, other times it will get walked through and run round.

Plus, with the greatest respect to our lads, you're talking about two of the finest midfielders of the past decade there. Thiago arguably falls into the same category but I don't think Fabinho does (yet) and Trent has literally never played in midfield, so....

What we did with our athleticism was stroll around the pitch as if we weren't bothered. We didn't press - and what stuck out to me was our lack of willingness to intercept and block their passing lanes, there just appeared to be no desire. What is our gameplan these days? It looks like more hit and hope than heavy metal football.

Offline AK1892

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6643 on: April 7, 2021, 12:35:26 am »
He’s lacking confidence. We can all see the quality is there and it’s a lot of it. He had some decent moves but he made too many mistakes which could cost you a lot in a game against any side at the moment. As much as we can debate on here, We really can’t solve anything. He needs a fresh start, set his mind to a reset and try to bounce back to his old form with hard work. Yes, the Van Dijk injury certainly had some effect on him.

It’s really hard to play klopp style football when you’re not at 100% (or better to say 110%) and he’s at 90% at the moment.  I’d say it’s all part of his development as a young player. There are ups and downs and you can really see how desperate he is right now to play better, it just didn’t work out for him this season.

I was actually more biased about him 2-3  months ago, when it seemed like he’s not even trying. Now I can clearly see he’s trying really hard and I respect that a lot. I like the fact that he hasn’t been dropped, with playing difficult games he will also gain maturity.

At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky. He will be back, better, more mature and more confident than ever.

YNWA Trent, Go on lad!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6644 on: April 7, 2021, 02:21:54 am »
We’re not playing Trent because of his defense.  That’s nothing new.  Not singling him out for this game as that would be ridiculous but people should also recognize that 15-20 years ago he’s playing right wing and not defending at all.  He’s this generations Beckham in my mind.  He needs proper support and he didn’t get it here tonight as well as making a pretty terrible mistake.

Also think him and Robbo have played a ridiculous amount of minutes the last 3 years, who’s played more?  Would love to know.  He’s not getting help from his current CB’s to a degree but also think missing the Euro’s, as much as he would hate it, would be a boon to LFC. 

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6645 on: April 7, 2021, 05:01:09 am »
Bit of an over-reaction going on. Yes, he made some bad, bad errors, but he also did some good defending, and some incredible attacking moves. It was a bad team performance - slow, disjointed, un-joined-up... lacking verve or application or determination. In such situations players tend to show badly as they begin to overthink and worry and lose confidence. 

It was the opposite of the Arsenal game where there was a flow and rhythm that bred confidence and brought the best out of the players. These things happen.

He hasn't become rubbish suddenly, and despite one infamous shout at half-time, Neville hasn't suddenly become 'correct' about his defending
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6646 on: April 7, 2021, 02:52:38 pm »
Trent comes across like a teenager in a grown man’s body. If he’s not in the mood, he doesn’t want to play, and won't concentrate.

Resembles Beckham in his ability to strike the ball with his right foot. And like Beckham, he’s no defender.

Has gone backwards this year. 

Yesterday, he started the match by aimlessly booting the ball cross-field into touch, and crowned it by gifting the ball to the opposition to score.

But he knows he’s going to be a starter, regardless of how poorly he plays.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6647 on: April 7, 2021, 03:02:18 pm »
Defender in a make shift back four doesn't play as well defensively as he can over the season... complete non-shocker.

Defending is not as strong as his attacking, we know that, but then it's not shit either. It's not helped when the player in front of him doesn't give him much defensive support, which is fine as we play that way, but then not when the midfield doesn't either. Henderson plays that role well and it's no surprise that Trent looks less solid defensively when he is out.

As for the mistake... he made one, it happens. Holding him to some standard where mistakes never happen is always going to give him an unachievable target to meet.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6648 on: April 7, 2021, 04:38:56 pm »
The feeding frenzy on this lad is quite disgusting
A win for the Liverpool country

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6649 on: April 7, 2021, 04:43:07 pm »
Probably the best assist in history if Jota put that header in, fucking hell, how did he pull that off?! Shit first half but thought he was good second half and saved our arses at the back quite a few times.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6650 on: April 7, 2021, 04:43:33 pm »
At least we know who MOTM for the second leg will be
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6651 on: April 7, 2021, 04:56:13 pm »
The feeding frenzy on this lad is quite disgusting

Absolutely but then the media do like to build people up so that they can knock them down again. I think he needs a bit of slack from people after this week, especially the way it's ended.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6652 on: April 7, 2021, 04:57:21 pm »
Probably the best assist in history if Jota put that header in, fucking hell, how did he pull that off?! Shit first half but thought he was good second half and saved our arses at the back quite a few times.

I said in the commentary it deserved a goal that, the way Jota has been recently I was really surprised he didn't put it in the net.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #6653 on: April 7, 2021, 06:12:22 pm »

Really was jaw dropping. The total ease to hit it so sweetly and on a plate. Think Jota and Robertson ended up putting each off, could've been a knock down from Robbo for a tap in by Jota with a bit more composure.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6654 on: April 7, 2021, 07:12:00 pm »
He's going to be massively disappointed when he probably doesn't make the England squad for the summer tournament. Great for us but I'm sure he'll be gutted. I feel for him.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6655 on: April 7, 2021, 07:18:23 pm »
Team selection yesterday didn't do him many favours. I wish we'd stuck to the Arsenal line-up and brought Jota on as a sub. We needed Thiago in that midfield against Real Madrid. If you have young or inexperienced  defenders like Trent-Philips-Kabak in a match like that then you've got to pad out the midfield with your most experienced, ball-controlling maestro, and Keita just wasn't match fit enough. I don't care what he's been doing in training, he just wasn't match fit enough for Real Madrid.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6656 on: April 7, 2021, 07:18:52 pm »
He's going to be massively disappointed when he probably doesn't make the England squad for the summer tournament. Great for us but I'm sure he'll be gutted. I feel for him.

No chance he doesn't get picked imo.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6657 on: April 7, 2021, 07:20:27 pm »
In a way, I can't blame Southgate for it too. Trent's Form has been below average this year compared to Trippier and James and Southgate doesn't need what Trent offers to him too.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6658 on: April 7, 2021, 07:22:01 pm »
Team selection yesterday didn't do him many favours. I wish we'd stuck to the Arsenal line-up and brought Jota on as a sub. We needed Thiago in that midfield against Real Madrid. If you have young or inexperienced  defenders like Trent-Philips-Kabak in a match like that then you've got to pad out the midfield with your most experienced, ball-controlling maestro, and Keita just wasn't match fit enough. I don't care what he's been doing in training, he just wasn't match fit enough for Real Madrid.

I mean Trent may be young but that really doesn't matter given he's played in nearly 200 games, many of which high profile, including 2 CL finals.

The problem was more being alongside someone who prob isn't ultimately this level, getting no support from the RW player and more importantly (as we do allow Salah to offer less defensive support) with next to zero right midfield support.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6659 on: April 7, 2021, 09:10:23 pm »
I am afraid the narrative has been set with Trent, he will be referred to as shaky defensively untill the day he hangs up his boots. Neville has played a blinder in the media making it stick, hats off really.

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #6660 on: April 7, 2021, 09:25:01 pm »
I'm sure he can and will improve his defensive side to be honest. He's improved alot since 3 years ago, so would probably keep improving over the next 3 years. Also his main weaknesses seems to be the mental and tactical aspects, like focus, concentration, anticipation, positioning, which should improve over time as a defender. Physically and technically I don't think he has many weaknesses in.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6661 on: April 7, 2021, 09:46:15 pm »
I mean Trent may be young but that really doesn't matter given he's played in nearly 200 games, many of which high profile, including 2 CL finals.

The problem was more being alongside someone who prob isn't ultimately this level, getting no support from the RW player and more importantly (as we do allow Salah to offer less defensive support) with next to zero right midfield support.
Yeah , Trent isn't inexperienced by any means but he is definitely still young for a defender. Won't hit his prime for another 4 years. Nat is inexperienced at this level and I don't know enough about Kabak's CV but he's younger than Trent. Robertson is the only one in that backline (along with Alisson) with both age and experience. Anyway, Trent doesn't get a lot of help on that right side unless someone like Henderson is on the pitch. Bottom line is he didn't have enough support last night.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6662 on: April 7, 2021, 09:58:22 pm »
Trent comes across like a teenager in a grown man’s body. If he’s not in the mood, he doesn’t want to play, and won't concentrate.

Resembles Beckham in his ability to strike the ball with his right foot. And like Beckham, he’s no defender.

Has gone backwards this year. 

Yesterday, he started the match by aimlessly booting the ball cross-field into touch, and crowned it by gifting the ball to the opposition to score.

But he knows he’s going to be a starter, regardless of how poorly he plays.

Bloody hell.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6663 on: April 7, 2021, 09:58:56 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6664 on: April 7, 2021, 10:41:04 pm »
No chance he doesn't get picked imo.

I think there is every chance he doesn’t go.

The only hope Trent has is if Walker is seen as a centre back and Southgate takes 3 right backs.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #6665 on: April 7, 2021, 10:56:52 pm »
In a way, I can't blame Southgate for it too. Trent's Form has been below average this year compared to Trippier and James and Southgate doesn't need what Trent offers to him too.

No idea how England setup as I can't remember the last time I watched them play but I'm sure kane wouldn't mind Trents crosses into the box? I'm guessing Southgate doesn't coach free flowing attacking football so crosses into the box maybe what he's looking for? But I could be wrong  ;D

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #6666 on: April 7, 2021, 11:09:00 pm »
He made some awful mistakes last night but he wasn't the only one so it's nonsense to single him out for criticism.

The one thing I would say is that I was hoping he would show a little more leadership in the absence of Hendo. It was mentioned the other week that Jurgen had been impressed with him taking responsibility during our bad run. We're yet to see it on the pitch as yet though. It's perfectly understandable, we forget his age sometimes and it will come and he will be captain in 3-4 years time.

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6667 on: April 7, 2021, 11:31:16 pm »
He's been singled out for criticism for the majority of the season (for our defensive frailties) even when playing with 2 midfielders at CB and a chasm in midfield. Other people like Reece James, Trippier, MaGuire, Dier, etc. don't get nearly as much criticism in the media and on social media when their teams aren't doing well. If anything they get excuses made for them. Imagine if it was Trent who got suspended for gambling charges...how the press and pundits would've dealt with him in comparison to how they've treated Trippier with kids gloves. Look at how that buffoon Southgate dealt with the issue between Joe Gomez and the Snake.

We've always been prime targets for criticism and the boo-boys but this year with all the injuries you'd think someone like Trent would get a bit of sympathy, but no. People like Gary Neville will be licking their chops because they've been looking for reasons to pile on him, and now they have it. Good on Klopp for backing him in the press, but he needs to back that up by giving Trent more support on the pitch. He needs someone like Henderson/Thiago to stabilise things in front of him and help out defensively.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6668 on: April 8, 2021, 01:22:46 am »
Thought he was one of our better players outside of the error for the second...

Twice stopped it becoming 4-1 and played some absolutely cracking passes.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6669 on: April 8, 2021, 02:12:00 am »
Thought he was one of our better players outside of the error for the second...

Twice stopped it becoming 4-1 and played some absolutely cracking passes.
Not sure I agree though. In teh first 20-ish min he was bypassed 4 times, and they should have scored in two of these situations. It didn't help when Gini didn't offer him enough support, but there is a good reason why he (his side) was targeted.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6670 on: April 8, 2021, 08:36:35 am »
Not sure I agree though. In teh first 20-ish min he was bypassed 4 times, and they should have scored in two of these situations. It didn't help when Gini didn't offer him enough support, but there is a good reason why he (his side) was targeted.

It’s always targeted over the left because it gets much less support from the wide forward and relies on the RCM. If you can drag him out of position you can often create at least a 1 v 1 over there, if not a 2 v 1. Not to mention that we ask Trent to play higher than Robbo. Add in a very inexperienced RCB and it’s the perfect target.

It’ll always be a weak spot to target for those reasons, and it’s up to the RCM to stay disciplined and on their game.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6671 on: April 8, 2021, 08:51:27 am »
He's been singled out for criticism for the majority of the season (for our defensive frailties) even when playing with 2 midfielders at CB and a chasm in midfield. Other people like Reece James, Trippier, MaGuire, Dier, etc. don't get nearly as much criticism in the media and on social media when their teams aren't doing well. If anything they get excuses made for them. Imagine if it was Trent who got suspended for gambling charges...how the press and pundits would've dealt with him in comparison to how they've treated Trippier with kids gloves. Look at how that buffoon Southgate dealt with the issue between Joe Gomez and the Snake.

We've always been prime targets for criticism and the boo-boys but this year with all the injuries you'd think someone like Trent would get a bit of sympathy, but no. People like Gary Neville will be licking their chops because they've been looking for reasons to pile on him, and now they have it. Good on Klopp for backing him in the press, but he needs to back that up by giving Trent more support on the pitch. He needs someone like Henderson/Thiago to stabilise things in front of him and help out defensively.

I think the Gary Neville shout’s a bit of a misrepresentation like. When asked for his opinion on Trent just over a month ago, Neville said “Fantastic player. If he can keep improving his positional work and body shape when the ball is on the opposite side and central, he will be the best English right back ever” - which is quite a lot of praise really. A bit of criticism for some poor form this season isn’t the end of the world.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6672 on: April 8, 2021, 06:12:53 pm »
Sky put that Neville and Carragher analysis piece out today, rather than the day after Trent was excellent against Arsenal. They know exactly what they're doing.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6673 on: April 8, 2021, 06:23:47 pm »
if you're a sky producer it's an ideal topic to run as Trent is such a high profile player, they know they will get the views/clicks

it would be crazy if England didn't take him to the Euros...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6674 on: April 8, 2021, 06:30:19 pm »
if you're a sky producer it's an ideal topic to run as Trent is such a high profile player, they know they will get the views/clicks

Each to their own I guess, if thats how you see it.

I wouldn't touch him at all, he's been average for some time, Tuesday was another one of those Trent, half/game performances that are starting to become more regular than anyone would like. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6675 on: April 8, 2021, 07:58:55 pm »

Each to their own I guess, if thats how you see it.

I wouldn't touch him at all, he's been average for some time, Tuesday was another one of those Trent, half/game performances that are starting to become more regular than anyone would like.

Along with most of the rest of the team at the moment. Also, if we want to continue for him to create chances, then we have to give him cover as he cannot cover every blade of grass. The whole balance was wrong on Wednesday and very few stood out. He still put in two stellar crosses which had our forwards been more ruthless would have netted us two goals instead of one.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6676 on: April 8, 2021, 08:00:56 pm »

I would be absolutely amazed if he went to the Euros now. Unless we somehow end up winning the CL or he just goes into absolute world class form for the remainder of the season he is not going. I am not sure that would even help to be honest.

Southgate has made his mind up about him and it is what it is.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6677 on: April 8, 2021, 08:37:09 pm »
Problem with Trent is that he's set his own bar very high at such an early age. I can't think of too many young talented players who didn't go through a bad patch or two at some point in their careers. Champions League winner in 2019, Premier League winner 2020. Top class players don't turn to shit overnight. He'll come good again.....100%.

Online Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6678 on: April 8, 2021, 08:45:56 pm »
Not sure what all the fuss is about really not reason we lost although he made bad error for their second. Hasn't reach the levels of the previous 2 season but other than Salah who has?

Be a huge mistake by Southgate not to take him to the Euro's. 
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6679 on: April 8, 2021, 08:46:00 pm »
Along with most of the rest of the team at the moment. Also, if we want to continue for him to create chances, then we have to give him cover as he cannot cover every blade of grass. The whole balance was wrong on Wednesday and very few stood out. He still put in two stellar crosses which had our forwards been more ruthless would have netted us two goals instead of one.
He certainly wasn't the only one, but where was the Trent from last season and the season before, as well as the rest of course.

My concern is that the loss of VVD has caused such an unbalance - others as well but mainly VVD - that it feels like we've ebbed back to where we were back with Gerrard in that we have a talisman/one key player feel, to us. Without him, the pressure is well on. Many factors to that of course, recruitment, confidence, formation - but its certainly showed its head this season.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family