Author Topic: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Middlesbrough | Sunday 21st May, 2017 | KO 15:00 (BST)  (Read 59939 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
I don't think Boro is up for it. Their heads are down and most knew they won't be playing for Boro next season or will be taking a pay cut. Any employee would not be giving a shit when you know you pay is going to be cut.

What I am most afraid of is that we go into this match thinking we could just turn up and expect a win. A fluke goal from set pieces or a corner can happen.

Yes, had Monreal placed that back pass last time into his own goal, I think a 1-1 draw would've been on there for Arsenal. Absolutely no complacency allowed in that sense...
Linudden.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Hope the crowd doesn't shit themselves when we're at the 50th 0-0 and Arsenal are 3-0 up
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Our last games of the season for the past 2 years have been torture.

Let's not make it 3 eh ? Hope we smash these.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
They are averaging .73 goals per game in the league. Six times they've managed two goals, against Sunderland, Bournemouth, (early season) Leicester, Swansea, Hull and Man City, with the last one being the odd one out. So across the other 31 games they average less than half a goal a game. We should be on for a clean sheet, just need to get it in the net at least once.

6-0 to us.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
Our last games of the season for the past 2 years have been torture.

Let's not make it 3 eh ? Hope we smash these.

I'd say the last three.  Sure, we won in 2014 but we went into that day with a chance to take the title on a City slip up. 

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hope the crowd doesn't shit themselves when we're at the 50th 0-0 and Arsenal are 3-0 up

Once the players don't ;)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I'd say the last three.  Sure, we won in 2014 but we went into that day with a chance to take the title on a City slip up.

In 2014 we weren't great against Newcastle, until they imploded.

Offline StrawberryFieldsForever

• Main Stander
Who's counting down the hours? How many more to go yet?
Jesus, this is going to be one long wait for the champions league final  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..

That won't be good because the last thing you need is any tension from the score of the other game to filter down to the pitch. The players just need to remain focused. I think we would have scored before the 50th though.
YWNA

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
It's the last game of the season and there is a lot at stake
I expect the players to leave everything they've got on the field

It will be more than enough
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In 2014 we weren't great against Newcastle, until they imploded.

I think it'll be like 2014, both us and City winning, but hopefully with an easier game this time.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Early goal is key here. How often do we say that at home? In this game though a goal inside 20 minutes would really be just what the doctor ordered. The 'Boro players will hopefully want to enjoy a game of football. If they show intent and attack then great. If they want to make it a shootout then they wont win, but at least we will have space to counter and it wont be a backs to the wall job.

Most of the 'Boro players wont play in the Premier League again. Do they really want their last game to be a case of 11 men behind the ball, hoping to play the role of spoilers? You'd hope not. They will hopefully be on the beach, Anfield will be buzzing, it'll be an open game and we'll score 5 or 6.

Or, we go into the last 10 minutes at 0-0 and we throw the kitchen sink at them. But hopefully we can get an early goal, settle some nerves, bring them out of any shell they might be in and put them to the sword.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite

They should turn match day comments on for a laugh if it's still goalless at half time. Imagine the fun.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck dont care will celebrate this like a trophy, how can you not get wet with excitement playing the likes of Barca Real Bayern etc   :lickin  Over the shitty Channel 5 teams in Europa  :puke2.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:02:53 pm by Greatness »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
So basically we are look at 4th if we win, unless City lose or draw and we have a goal fest?

If we don't win we rely on Arsenal fucking it up as well to keep fourth?

Any win guarantees 4th. A win by three means we'd get 3rd if City draw.

If Arsenal win and we don't we'll be 5th.

That's about all we need to worry about.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Early goal is key here. How often do we say that at home? In this game though a goal inside 20 minutes would really be just what the doctor ordered. The 'Boro players will hopefully want to enjoy a game of football. If they show intent and attack then great. If they want to make it a shootout then they wont win, but at least we will have space to counter and it wont be a backs to the wall job.

Most of the 'Boro players wont play in the Premier League again. Do they really want their last game to be a case of 11 men behind the ball, hoping to play the role of spoilers? You'd hope not. They will hopefully be on the beach, Anfield will be buzzing, it'll be an open game and we'll score 5 or 6.

Or, we go into the last 10 minutes at 0-0 and we throw the kitchen sink at them. But hopefully we can get an early goal, settle some nerves, bring them out of any shell they might be in and put them to the sword.

It is and I'll be tense until we are one up. Once we are I'll shit myself that we're not 2 up!

Last week was good, went from 1 to 3 very quickly. Didn't settle all the nerves, but the 4th just about did!

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
Optimist in me says they will either come out and try and play to show they aren't shite, or be completely apathetic and either way, with the crowd behind us we will smash them. Pessimistic says they'll sit back and try and avoid a cricket score - but after that West Ham result im confident we will just do them anyway. So on balance we are gonna smash them and get third.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Sturridge central position with Firmino supporting wide/central.
And Coutinho in the middle behind them like last weekend.

Chop chop!

(Would've loved Mane featuring though :( )
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:32:22 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
I have so much to do on Sunday. Hope I'm doing it all in a good mood. Just win.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Was really excited for this game after the West Ham match. Since then, I've gradually been getting more and more terrified ;D
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Klopp Your Hands

• And Stompp yer feet!
  • Kopite
  • If you're a Kopite and you know it Klopp ur hands!
Good thing about shitting bricks, at least I got a free wall constructed out the back :D
At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
It is and I'll be tense until we are one up. Once we are I'll shit myself that we're not 2 up!

Last week was good, went from 1 to 3 very quickly. Didn't settle all the nerves, but the 4th just about did!

3-0 with 3 minutes of additional time played - time to relax.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
8-0 up at half-time and I will still be nervous

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think Boro will definitely put up a fight but I do have a feeling that once the first goes in, their heads will drop and there'll be a drop off in concentration and organization. And then it's for us to take advantage.

The first goal will be the key. We need to make sure we don't get frustrated and the crowd has a role to play in that. Drive the players on and I'm sure the breakthrough will come sooner rather than later.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Just win. Don't care how. Simon Mignolet header to win it in the 93rd

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.

Haha, yeah. I know the feeling Nick. At 3-0 I was like 'yeah, at least we've got a draw out of this.'

:D

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
I'd take this gig all bloody day... home against Middlesborough after a really good win with Sturridge and Coutinho enjoying some football again? They were in love last week! Really enjoyed having eachother around I thought. And it spread. We've sort of looked OK at the back too. LOOOOONG way to go with that one. But the panic has subsided. Subsided alot. Well, more than I expected. I'd still replace the lot in the summer if I had my way, but I'm OK with it.

Been enjoying the noises too. Feel quite confident. Really don't understand why people are fucking even arsed about what happens in the summer with anyone in the squad, so I have to keep skipping tons of utter rubbish.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Arrrrrrghhhhh - is it Sunday yet?!?!?!?!?!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That's the annoying thing - it's Friday night but I already want the weekend to be almost over! ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just win, Redmen.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Aussie_Red1980

• Kemlynite

It's certainly like that , hey  :)

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
I just hope they don't park park the bus. Come out at us and attack, you're relegated, have a good showing for your fans in the last game of your premier league stint  :wave

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I just hope they don't park park the bus. Come out at us and attack, you're relegated, have a good showing for your fans in the last game of your premier league stint  :wave

I think they'll play exactly like they did against Southampton. They came out there but ultimately Southampton outclassed them in pretty much every category. We should have too much quality for them. Agree though that in this type of game an early goal calms everything down.

Also, I have this theory of how well certain teams stack up against each other. For example we haven't stacked up well at all this season against Southampton. No goals in 4 games. We seem to stack up well against Arsenal, Spurs, City and Everton amongst a few teams. Haven't stacked up well against Bournemouth either. In the away game against 'Boro we really outclassed them. They couldn't deal with us, although we did have Mané that day.
YWNA

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
I have counted quite a few chickens already. We have lots.

No no eggs for breakfast tomorrow then, but Sunday there will be a nice roast?
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
I am really curious of what are the Everton players thinking in their head right now.
Believer

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
An Evertonian mate has already told me not to expect any favours off them. When I mentioned Lukaku going for golden goal he laughed!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
An Evertonian mate has already told me not to expect any favours off them. When I mentioned Lukaku going for golden goal he laughed!

Arsenal were always going to win their last 4 games. That's why winning at WH was absolutely huge.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
I am really curious of what are the Everton players thinking in their head right now.

I'm tempted to throw the equivalent of a pound in on a bet at 7-0 to Arsenal  :butt
Linudden.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
I'm predicting another very one sided match,  we'll be trying to plunder goals galore and hoping City slip up. I'm expecting a 5 goal demolition with Coutinho and Sturridge vying for hatricks
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
An Evertonian mate has already told me not to expect any favours off them.

Well, we all knew that anyway. And even if they did want to do us a favour, they wouldn't be able to because they're shit.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”