Author Topic: Acepting middle term mistakes  (Read 1136 times)

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
Acepting middle term mistakes
« on: November 1, 2014, 03:21:56 pm »
The fact is simple, someone at the club made a mistake in July or August regarding the transfers and we got unlucky with Sturrdige injury. We now look toothless in attack as a result and we will be awful no matter what as long as Sturridge isnt back from injury.
In my opinion we should have expected being at the 20 point mark at this point of the season, we are 6 behind that mark . I suspect that most of the failure in that department are because of what we did in July and August and not because of what we are doing now.  It has happened to every single club and the only option is to give the manager and the club to sort it out the next transfer window.
Chelsea didnt lose the title last year because Mourinho made mistakes in March, they lost it because he fucked up the striker situation in August.
If we obsess over what we are doing wrong in every single game its not going to be healthy.

So everybody relax and give the manager time to sort it out and by time I mean 1 or 2 transfer windows. He deserves it for last year.

Cheers.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Acepting middle term mistakes
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2014, 03:25:44 pm »
Unlucky with the Sturridge injury? How is it unlucky that an injury prone player gets injured
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2014, 03:26:21 pm »
Sturridge injury isn't unlucky as he's aninjury prone player. Brendan's in his 3rd season now and the defence looks worse than ever. We sold our only world class player and replaced him with a 32 year old from Southampton and Mario balotelli.

Not calling for Rodgers to go but can understand peoples frustrations with him at the moment as we look completely bereft of any attacking ideas and the defence is a shambles despite having paid £38m on two centre backs who are far from convincing.   
« Last Edit: November 1, 2014, 03:28:00 pm by AM76 »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2014, 03:27:16 pm »
How's it unlucky that we turned into a 1 man team?

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2014, 03:27:22 pm »
The fact is simple, someone at the club made a mistake in July or August regarding the transfers and we got unlucky with Sturrdige injury. We now look toothless in attack as a result and we will be awful no matter what as long as Sturridge isnt back from injury.
In my opinion we should have expected being at the 20 point mark at this point of the season, we are 6 behind that mark . I suspect that most of the failure in that department are because of what we did in July and August and not because of what we are doing now.  It has happened to every single club and the only option is to give the manager and the club to sort it out the next transfer window.
Chelsea didnt lose the title last year because Mourinho made mistakes in March, they lost it because he fucked up the striker situation in August.
If we obsess over what we are doing wrong in every single game its not going to be healthy.

So everybody relax and give the manager time to sort it out and by time I mean 1 or 2 transfer windows. He deserves it for last year.

Cheers.

Agree to a point, but there are also mistakes being made now; Lucas out of the side, Balotelli alone up front, Sterling left isolated for large parts. These can be fixed now. Playing Lucas would solve a lot of problems pretty quickly. A transfer window is only part of the solution.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2014, 03:27:41 pm »
Majority of fans were happy with the buys on this forum. Most made up we had a big squad now and any of us that wanted top quality rather than quantity were jumped on.

There's still hope but ATM looks like we've shot ourselves in the foot by wasting 100 million. Which with ffp is a double blow.

I liked Chelsea's transfer model. Go out buy costa, fab, and the LB who's name I forgot. All three top quality and slotted straight in and wala

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 1, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »
Unlucky with the Sturridge injury? How is it unlucky that an injury prone player gets injured

Normal luck is him missing 3 weeks, bad luck is him missing 10 weeks. But of course the club should have had a backup plan and they didnt so that is why they screwed up.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 1, 2014, 03:29:34 pm »
The fanbase doesn't have the stomach for the fight. The long term fight. We've shown this over and over again over the last decade or so. Best supporters in the world when we win, a right shower of bastards when we lose.

The manager does. Maybe some of the players don't - know knows, but we should give them all the benefit of the doubt.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 1, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »
I don't understand the thread title ? I've never Aced a pting before especially in the middle term ?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 1, 2014, 03:32:10 pm »
It's not mistakes that irk me.
It's repeating them until your nose bleeds.
We're currently repeating them, worshiping them, having fetish sessions with our mistakes and adoring them pervertedly.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #10 on: November 1, 2014, 03:32:17 pm »
Spent over one hundred million and we're fucked without an injury prone Sturridge.

Just admit we got it horribly wrong in the summer. Should have added quality and not quantity.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 1, 2014, 03:32:24 pm »
Who's part of the transfer committee? How much say does Brendan have?

Why didn't we try harder with Sanchez?
Why didn't we go for fabregas?
Why didn't we go for Di Maria?

There's 3 top class players there which this yr we could afford. Did we even attempt? Or are we only willing to spend big on players who will demand low wages?

We don't ambition like the top clubs.

We laughed at united and without CL they get some class in. Us with CL couldn't manage to get anyone who we previously couldn't get

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 1, 2014, 03:32:58 pm »
You know what I can't accept? Bad spelling mistakes.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 1, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »
We fucked up in the summer, no doubt. Lambert, Lallana and Lovren for £50m is absolutely criminal. Heads should roll for those signings. Balotelli has proved to be utter w**k aswell.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 1, 2014, 03:34:01 pm »
Spent over one hundred million and we're fucked without an injury prone Sturridge.

Just admit we got it horribly wrong in the summer. Should have added quality and not quantity.

We needed depth for Europe. The problem is the new guys are struggling to bed in in a misfiring side. Focusing on the transfer window won't help us now anyway. Other things can be done.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #15 on: November 1, 2014, 03:37:44 pm »
We needed depth for Europe. The problem is the new guys are struggling to bed in in a misfiring side. Focusing on the transfer window won't help us now anyway. Other things can be done.
We've added depth, and are still going nowhere in Europe. Should have done exactly as last season, and gone balls deep into the league.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #16 on: November 1, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »
I am locking this for a while.  I'll try unlock it again when the dust settles.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 1, 2014, 04:39:24 pm »
Timbo's thread covers the discussion.