Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1756464 times)

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2020, 03:38:27 pm »
Is Ramsdale the new Danny Ward?  Didn't understand the fee we got for Ward (good god is that Michael Edwards' music??!) and don't get the price being mooted for Ramsdale. Although tbf Ramsdale is PL experienced.....experienced conceding lots of goals.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2020, 03:47:19 pm »
Chilwell is strong defensively? And the second best LB in the league? Sorry, those are some bold bold claims.

Who do you see as better than him out of interest?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2020, 03:49:24 pm »
Is Ramsdale the new Danny Ward?  Didn't understand the fee we got for Ward (good god is that Michael Edwards' music??!) and don't get the price being mooted for Ramsdale. Although tbf Ramsdale is PL experienced.....experienced conceding lots of goals.

On that basis is Ramsdale the new Pickford, albeit equipped with adult sized arms.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2020, 03:59:56 pm »

Digne supposedly has the best assist figures of a non-Liverpool FB, followed by Azpilicueta.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2020, 04:07:51 pm »

Digne and Azpilicueta are better

After that it’s all opinions really but I don’t think it’s outrageous to think Bertrand is better, even Shaw last season was about the same level. The Spanish lad at Bournemouth...

Honestly last season he was absolutely dreadful. He’s been at Leicester since he was a kid, and they’re quite happy to see him go. I know they’d be getting good money still but that’s pretty out of the ordinary. I genuinely don’t think you’d see a drop off if they replaced him with Jamal Lewis, at about a £50 million profit. And actually a decent chance he’d be better.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2020, 05:07:16 pm »
There are apparently reports from Globo Esporte in Brazil that Manchester City will activate a £25m clause to sign Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2020, 05:16:45 pm »
There are apparently reports from Globo Esporte in Brazil that Manchester City will activate a £25m clause to sign Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa.

Maybe they’ve got Messi up their sleeves but the guy from Valencia, Ake and Douglas Luiz are certainly not the signings to get me worried.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2020, 05:20:19 pm »

Only way this would make sense is if they think they can spin a profit on him in 6/12 months time, which I don't think they'll be able to. He's decent and one of Villa's best players, especially since the restart, but that's about it.

Or maybe bringing back on ex-player helps them cook the books, I don't know.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2020, 07:41:58 pm »
Well, it worked with Angelino...
AHA!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2020, 08:25:34 pm »
Spending again... poor poor Manchester City...

https://www.football-italia.net/157320/man-city-prepare-new-koulibaly-bid
Be quiet heathen!, don't you realise that we're fortunate to be witnessing a coaching genius at work?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2020, 09:16:17 pm »
Spending again... poor poor Manchester City...

https://www.football-italia.net/157320/man-city-prepare-new-koulibaly-bid
What seems inconsistent is that Napoli dropped their asking price. After seeing City go out in that fashion, they should beef up the price, 100m...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2020, 09:48:03 pm »
Digne and Azpilicueta are better

After that it’s all opinions really but I don’t think it’s outrageous to think Bertrand is better, even Shaw last season was about the same level. The Spanish lad at Bournemouth...

Honestly last season he was absolutely dreadful. He’s been at Leicester since he was a kid, and they’re quite happy to see him go. I know they’d be getting good money still but that’s pretty out of the ordinary. I genuinely don’t think you’d see a drop off if they replaced him with Jamal Lewis, at about a £50 million profit. And actually a decent chance he’d be better.

Diego Rico as good as Ben Chilwell? What are you smoking fella?

Azpilicueta doesnt play left back and Digne is as rash and wasteful as they come but I'm sure he could look a lot better in a better side. I'm a bit baffled here - Chilwell had a dip for a couple of months for sure but he wasnt dreadful by any means.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2020, 10:03:48 pm »
That's City out of the running for Messi if he leaves. Says he will only leave for a Champions League contender.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2020, 10:04:50 pm »

Azpilicueta doesnt play left back and Digne is as rash and wasteful as they come but I'm sure he could look a lot better in a better side. I'm a bit baffled here - Chilwell had a dip for a couple of months for sure but he wasnt dreadful by any means.

When you think about it, there really isn’t that many good left backs in the league.

Wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if our new boy ends up being better than a fair few first choice left backs in the league!

One thing with Chilwell that is raising eyebrows of course is the price, that there isn’t better value out there? But also the home grown quota will be a concern too, so that adds to it, as will him being ‘prem proven’.  And Chelsea seem to be spending a shit-ton, so what’s an extra 30-40 mill  :P

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2020, 10:05:06 pm »
What seems inconsistent is that Napoli dropped their asking price. After seeing City go out in that fashion, they should beef up the price, 100m...
Seems like this is happening as Napoli are front runners for Gabriel from Lille.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2020, 10:06:17 pm »
That's City out of the running for Messi if he leaves. Says he will only leave for a Champions League contender.
They are contenders though, all through the group stages.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 17, 2020, 10:14:35 pm »
So now David Silva has backed out the Lazio deal and is going to Real Sociedad according to the one and only Fabrizio Romamo.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1295465847717269504?s=20

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 17, 2020, 10:17:25 pm »

He was dreadful, honestly. That’s not being biased because it looks like he might end up moving to Chelsea or Man City, he just had a really poor season.

And yeah last season, Diego Rico was probably as good as Ben Chilwell. He was better in pretty much every area you’d measure a left back. If someone could put together one of those jazzy splat diagram things, Rico would have the bigger splat.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #299 on: August 17, 2020, 10:20:02 pm »
They may be short of cash...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2020, 10:28:32 pm »
So now David Silva has backed out the Lazio deal and is going to Real Sociedad according to the one and only Fabrizio Romamo.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1295465847717269504?s=20

Done

Real Sociedad@RealSociedadEN
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT| We are delighted to announce the signing of @21lva The player joins Real as a free agent until June 30, 2022.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2020, 10:52:01 pm »
If someone could put together one of those jazzy splat diagram things, Rico would have the bigger splat.

Have I just clicked on the wrong website?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2020, 10:53:35 pm »
Chelsea should do some actual scouting.

Not a single player they're signing or heavily linked with is outside either a) hyped players in other leagues every football fan has heard of b) british lads who have done okay in the premier league

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2020, 11:11:01 pm »
Told ye Romano hears things. He also called Vertonghen to Benfica I think.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2020, 04:42:12 am »
Done

Real Sociedad@RealSociedadEN
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT| We are delighted to announce the signing of @21lva The player joins Real as a free agent until June 30, 2022.
Hmm I wonder if Sociedad are based in a major statue-exporting region?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2020, 05:16:31 am »
Leicester would be laughing all the way to the bank if they get anything close to £60 million for Chilwell. He’s a solid PL left back who had a poor season and there’s far, far better value out there. In fact, Chelsea should have just gone for one of their ex-players in Bertrand, who I think is criminally underrated by many.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #306 on: August 18, 2020, 05:58:51 am »
He could just retire, he doesn't need to move anywhere else. He's in his mid 30s, financially set up for life, won everything at club level, widely recognised as one of the greatest players of all time. If I was him, I would just bow out now with my reputation more or less intact.

Copa America is in Argentina next year. I think he is holding on for that.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2020, 06:06:56 am »

Copa America is in Argentina next year. I think he is holding on for that.

Ha! Like he's capable of winning anything on international level... He's cursed.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2020, 10:52:49 am »
Dom King says Everton in advanced talks for Atletico Madrid's right back Santiago Arias. He's 28, and currently back-up to Trippier. Used to play for PSV and Brands brought him there... not exactly outside of the box thinking.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:46 am »
Dom King says Everton in advanced talks for Atletico Madrid's right back Santiago Arias. He's 28, and currently back-up to Trippier. Used to play for PSV and Brands brought him there... not exactly outside of the box thinking.

That's surprisingly sensible for them.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2020, 10:58:46 am »
I think it's stretching to say that Chilwell had a dreadful season. He had an okay, mostly average season with enough good games and highlight clips to make you understand why team's are interested and why stupid teams will spend silly money on him.

As far as 'better' full-backs go in the league, I'd say Robertson, Digne (who was pretty middling himself) and the underrated Ben Davies were all better (Davies may be an unfair comparison, due to Aurier's ineptitude defensively Spurs often employed a lop-sided defence where Aurier could bomb forward and Davies tucked in as a third CB).

On Douglas Luiz, other than that screamer in the opening weeks he did very little... until the restart. I was pretty astonished at his performances and his numbers following the comeback and he had a big big hand in keeping Villa in the division. Go and look at most of the key metrics you'd want in a progressive defensive midfielder and in isolation of those 9/10 games, he looks amazing, more than a £25m player. The question is, will he actually keep that up over a whole season and will he actually get the minutes and the opportunities at City?

My thoughts are they're probably signing him knowing he can bring some FFP money in down the line. Or Pep has realised that he can't turn Rodri into the smooth-passing destroyer he'd hoped (very Pep to abandon a project player).
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2020, 11:01:30 am »

Atletico have reportedly tried to make him a makeweight for Allan, so presumably any money they get for him will be a bonus. He's 29 in January and cost them about £11m two years ago

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2020, 11:03:49 am »
Atletico have reportedly tried to make him a makeweight for Allan, so presumably any money they get for him will be a bonus. He's 29 in January and cost them about £11m two years ago

So Atletico are after Allan, another Everton target and will sell an unwanted player to finance the purchase of Allan? Sensible.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2020, 11:04:39 am »
On Douglas Luiz, other than that screamer in the opening weeks he did very little... until the restart. I was pretty astonished at his performances and his numbers following the comeback and he had a big big hand in keeping Villa in the division. Go and look at most of the key metrics you'd want in a progressive defensive midfielder and in isolation of those 9/10 games, he looks amazing, more than a £25m player.

Agreed - I haven't seen his metrics but on the eye test I thought he was really good. Too good for Villa.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2020, 11:52:56 am »
In one from LFC Transfers Past, Bild are saying Dortmund will look to offload Dahoud this summer.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2020, 11:57:19 am »
In one from LFC Transfers Past, Bild are saying Dortmund will look to offload Dahoud this summer.
Just not cut it at all which is a shame because he looked the mustard three years ago. Still only 24, a move to a smaller club with less pressure might still bring out the player in him.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 18, 2020, 12:03:24 pm »
Just not cut it at all which is a shame because he looked the mustard three years ago. Still only 24, a move to a smaller club with less pressure might still bring out the player in him.

he just never found a spot in Dortmund, under loads of different managers, he became the ‘go to’ player to fill in every midfield role as needed.

Like you say, aged 24, be a good time for him to take a bit of a step down and get back on track.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2020, 12:10:15 pm »
he just never found a spot in Dortmund, under loads of different managers, he became the ‘go to’ player to fill in every midfield role as needed.

Like you say, aged 24, be a good time for him to take a bit of a step down and get back on track.
I do have sympathy for him because the talent is there and as you say, he's been asked to be all things to all men in many ways. Favre most of all just looks completely nonplussed as to what type of player Dahoud is. There's been a fair amount of turnover in that Dortmund midfield too in that period.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2020, 12:22:43 pm »
I do have sympathy for him because the talent is there and as you say, he's been asked to be all things to all men in many ways. Favre most of all just looks completely nonplussed as to what type of player Dahoud is. There's been a fair amount of turnover in that Dortmund midfield too in that period.

definately! Been an ongoing struggle of theirs, not helped by coaching chopping and changing of course. Since 2016, they’ve signed the likes of Julian Weigl, Gonzalo Castro, Seb Rode, Dahoud, Delaney, Witsel, Brant, Emre Can.... just signed Bellingham too of course, but he’s still very young.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2020, 12:27:43 pm »
Lazio's sporting director really not happy with David Silva signing for Real Sociedad. Has released a statement saying he "respects him as a player but not as a man".