Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3475570 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #58120 on: April 12, 2024, 12:05:59 pm »
know you're on a windup but still..

saying this, when you've declared your excitement about a playstation game film that looks absolutely comically terrible (borderlands) - pure Andy!

It's on PC as well.

Great game.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58121 on: April 12, 2024, 12:06:41 pm »
Andy’s my favourite film reviewer.  If he says a film’s absolute rubbish, I know it’s going to be good.  And vice versa.  The man never misses.

Yeah but you think that Lost in Translation is a wonderful film.. so..

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58122 on: April 12, 2024, 12:13:03 pm »
I watched the original Mad Max in the Cinema.

The rest are wank

Fucking kiddie fans

Love watching the original Mad Max. It's brilliant.

The first one I watched in the pictures was 'Beyond Thunderdome'.  As a 15-year-old with all my mates, it was ace.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58123 on: April 12, 2024, 12:16:56 pm »
Love watching the original Mad Max. It's brilliant.

The first one I watched in the pictures was 'Beyond Thunderdome'.  As a 15-year-old with all my mates, it was ace.
Bet that'd be a great fun trip, especially at that age with your mates

I saw Fury Road at the cinema (but not when it initially came out, was a rewatch) - the 'Chrome & White' version - and it was amazing. Wish my first viewing but would definitely recommend looking out for showings to anyone who didn't catch on the big screen

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58124 on: April 12, 2024, 12:51:46 pm »
I watched the original Mad Max in the Cinema.

The rest are wank

Fucking kiddie fans

True.

Love Toecutter saying 'That there is Cundalini. And Cundalini wants his hand back'
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58125 on: April 12, 2024, 01:08:02 pm »
Although many liked it, I didn't think Fury Road was all that.

I really enjoyed the original trilogy, especially RW.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58126 on: April 12, 2024, 01:31:30 pm »
Bet that'd be a great fun trip, especially at that age with your mates

Ahh the memories

The best one though was Rocky IV in the same year as Mad Max.  Absolutely rammed cinema full of teenagers.

In that final fight, when Rocky started pummeling Drago.  There was mayhem in the cinema and everyone was throwing punches along with Rocky.  For that 10 or 15 minutes everyone seemed to forget it wasn't real.

Honestly, that night at Rocky IV was unforgettable

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #58127 on: April 12, 2024, 01:55:26 pm »
Ahh the memories

The best one though was Rocky IV in the same year as Mad Max.  Absolutely rammed cinema full of teenagers.

In that final fight, when Rocky started pummeling Drago.  There was mayhem in the cinema and everyone was throwing punches along with Rocky.  For that 10 or 15 minutes everyone seemed to forget it wasn't real.

The speech that he gave afterward though?  ;D

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #58128 on: April 12, 2024, 02:29:45 pm »
Yeah but you think that Lost in Translation is a wonderful film.. so..
Do I? That’s news to me  :D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58129 on: April 12, 2024, 02:30:55 pm »
The speech that he gave afterward though?  ;D

:)

Man. None of us even knew what the Cold War was (or cared).  But we still cheered along with Rocky's jingoism

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58130 on: April 12, 2024, 04:23:19 pm »
Ahh the memories

:lmao :lmao :lmao

What a sight to behold.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58131 on: April 12, 2024, 04:35:52 pm »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58132 on: April 12, 2024, 04:38:16 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao

What a sight to behold.

:)

The Karate Kid screening was the worst outside.  Every fucker doing makeshift Karate moves on each other.

Watched a documentary on Bruce Lee the other night and apparently it was the same outside the flicks in the mid-70s when 'Enter The Dragon' was released and Bruce went mainstream.  Everyone chopping each other up. lol

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #58133 on: April 12, 2024, 06:27:57 pm »
When I saw the Exorcist, the whole audience levitated with their heads spinning around, puking all over the place, fucking great it was.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58134 on: April 12, 2024, 11:41:32 pm »
American Fiction was more enjoyable than I had thought it would be.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58135 on: April 13, 2024, 12:09:59 am »
When I saw the Exorcist, the whole audience levitated with their heads spinning around, puking all over the place, fucking great it was.
Was that at the Forum?  probably a few coming out of the Wine lodge bladdered. :)
I watched it at the Forum, Liverpool were playing Celtic that night and a load of Celtic fans where standing out side some hotel or restaurant chanting, looked up and a young Kenny Daghlish was waving to them.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #58136 on: April 13, 2024, 09:16:59 am »
LaRoy, Texas. Absolutely brilliant from the opening scene to the very last. One of the best I've seen in a few years.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58137 on: April 13, 2024, 05:22:00 pm »
Saw Civil War this afternoon, more a road movie showing how fucking awful war is than anything political. Amazing value for money it cost $50 million to make (A24s most expensive film) and looks absolutely amazing. Would reccomend.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58138 on: April 13, 2024, 05:25:53 pm »

Now showing in your local Wetherspoons.  :)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58139 on: April 16, 2024, 10:39:12 am »
Saw Civil War last night. Not much of a plot but enjoyable and it is loud, great soundtrack too.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58140 on: April 16, 2024, 01:53:28 pm »
Saw Underground for the first time in a long time and had forgotten just what an extraordinary film it is - anarchic, beautiful, inventive and endlessly ambitious. For me, the last two scenes are up there with the best final 10 minutes of anything in cinema.

It actually made me sad that 'they don't make films like this anymore,' which nothing had in a while. The mid-90's really were an insanely good time for films, up there with virtually any time in the 40's or 70's IMO.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58141 on: April 16, 2024, 05:50:35 pm »
The Gladiator 2 first trailer has dropped
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #58142 on: April 16, 2024, 07:18:45 pm »
The Gladiator 2 first trailer has dropped

Looks cheap as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :D

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58143 on: April 16, 2024, 08:22:38 pm »
Looks cheap as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :D
Are you sure you aren't watching one of the legions of fake trailers on YouTube?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #58144 on: April 16, 2024, 08:58:38 pm »
Are you sure you aren't watching one of the legions of fake trailers on YouTube?

Could be

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58145 on: April 17, 2024, 09:03:50 pm »
Reviews for the Fall guy are excellent.  Thought the trailer looked light weight to say the least.

Might actually go and see it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58146 on: April 17, 2024, 10:21:04 pm »
Reviews for the Fall guy are excellent.  Thought the trailer looked light weight to say the least.

Emily Blunt can carry anything, I think Jungle Cruise proved that.
Add in Ryan Gosling and that's one potent charm offensive.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58147 on: April 21, 2024, 10:40:33 pm »
Time is passing quicker than ever and I spent 2 hours of my weekend watching Rebel Moon 2. I'm not one for slagging things off usually but there is no story. It's just like how I imagine a modern video game is.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58148 on: April 22, 2024, 12:34:46 pm »
Saw Civil War.

Found it pretty depressing to be honest.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #58149 on: April 22, 2024, 12:47:17 pm »
Time is passing quicker than ever and I spent 2 hours of my weekend watching Rebel Moon 2. I'm not one for slagging things off usually but there is no story. It's just like how I imagine a modern video game is.

This is a massive insult to many modern video games to be honest. Many have great stories. I agree rebel moon is a waste of time

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58150 on: April 22, 2024, 02:46:53 pm »
I liked the first Rebel Moon. Even watched it twice that week it came out.

Saturday afternoon and got to 30 mins and turned it off.

Absolute shite.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58151 on: April 22, 2024, 05:01:34 pm »
Not watched either of the rebel moon films. Sort of pointless when you already know there's a snyder cut of them both due
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #58152 on: April 22, 2024, 05:19:37 pm »

I hope they’ve kept the 80s theme tune
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58153 on: April 23, 2024, 05:02:24 am »
Saw Civil War.

Found it pretty depressing to be honest.

Interesting that it wasn't quite the lighthearted, knockabout romp it's been marketed as.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58154 on: April 23, 2024, 09:08:19 am »
Interesting that it wasn't quite the lighthearted, knockabout romp it's been marketed as.
;D

I hope they’ve kept the 80s theme tune
oh, is it based on an old tv programme or film?

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58155 on: April 23, 2024, 09:14:12 am »
oh, is it based on an old tv programme or film?
80s cheesefest starring Lee Majors as a stunt man who did a sideline in bounty hunting, with lots of car chases and jumps
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58156 on: April 23, 2024, 05:01:26 pm »

:lmao

Just back from 'Civil War'.  Absolutely brilliant movie.  So so good.

Didn't realize the male lead was Wagner Moura until the credits rolled.  I initially thought it was Pedro Pascal.  Moura must have piled on the pounds for his role as Escobar.  Knew there was a Narcos connection in there!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58157 on: Yesterday at 03:29:14 am »
Me and the lad went to 'Monkey Man' yesterday. Pretty good.  Kind of a John Wick, Kill Bill hybrid. Nothing groundbreaking to be honest but we both enjoyed it.
Now I've never been to India but I think Patel gave us a great feeling of being right there in a claustrophobic, bustling sweating underbelly of a major City in India.
Fuck me though, my head was spinning when it finished due to the shaky cam and frantic editing.

Watching that later, just read it was filmed in Batam which is a short ferry ride from Singapore, which you'd never guess.

Edit.  Great stuff - quite violent. Lots of themes. The trans women and Muslim land grabs. I wonder if the BJP will allow its release.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:42:28 pm by kavah »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58158 on: Yesterday at 04:51:51 pm »
Speaking of ultra violence saw Boy Kills World the other day starring Bill Skarsgard as a man out for revenge.

His character is a mute so we hear his inner monologue throughout. That's voiced by H Jon Benjamin so the whole thing sounds like an episode of Bobs Burgers. Very entertaining and darkly funny.

Also saw Challengers this morning which was great, the tennis scenes were shot amazingly as well, felt like I was about to get pinged in the head by a ball a few times.