Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 362528 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #9040 on: Today at 01:54:24 pm »
RIP to that little Gooner.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9041 on: Today at 03:17:24 pm »
You read what he said and that's your take away from it? Something the majority of Liverpool fans on the forum already has said?
Yes. Maybe because I’ve noticed quite a lot of subtle digs in their posts lately.

It’s one thing Liverpool fans voicing their concerns on a Liverpool fc board. Going on a rival clubs board and saying they won’t challenge is quite another, especially when you’ve already put a few subtle digs in.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9042 on: Today at 04:13:34 pm »
Love Kloppo’s parting dig at arsenal (and all other serial-cheaters)  ;D

"We didn't waste time, we didn't invent new cheeky things for set pieces. Getting rid of gloves or whatever and these kind of things. We didn't do that.

"We just tried to fight harder than other teams. It was an incredible time."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9043 on: Today at 04:17:19 pm »

"We didn't waste time, we didn't invent new cheeky things for set pieces. Getting rid of gloves or whatever and these kind of things. We didn't do that.

My manager.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9044 on: Today at 04:18:44 pm »

Jürgen always knows exactly what to say.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9045 on: Today at 04:24:37 pm »
City and Arsenal are the only two teams guaranteed top 4 next season.

Now I personally think Liverpool and Chelsea will be the other two (mainly because Spurs and United are too far back and Spurs will have Europe next season), but Chelsea are still a basket-case for now, and we have no idea at all how Liverpool will look next season. We've lost two of our most experienced (although injury prone) players today, and a full bus load of backroom staff and our manager are all leaving. There is 100% no guarantee we will even have another 80-point season let alone challenge for the title and I would personally take 3rd and another domestic cup now so long as it was clear to see Slot was settling and we were making progress.

One thing I will say despite how pointless it is, if we had Rice or Rodri in our team we would have won the league this season. We badly need a player like that and I just don't see one out there.

Agreed, i also see chelsea getting in 4th

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9046 on: Today at 04:28:45 pm »
Yes. Maybe because I’ve noticed quite a lot of subtle digs in their posts lately.

It’s one thing Liverpool fans voicing their concerns on a Liverpool fc board. Going on a rival clubs board and saying they won’t challenge is quite another, especially when you’ve already put a few subtle digs in.

That’s ridiculous, i should change my prediction on how i see next season panning out because im on a liverpool forum?  Thats not a prediction, thats sucking up.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9047 on: Today at 04:31:18 pm »
City and Arsenal are the only two teams guaranteed top 4 next season.

Now I personally think Liverpool and Chelsea will be the other two (mainly because Spurs and United are too far back and Spurs will have Europe next season), but Chelsea are still a basket-case for now, and we have no idea at all how Liverpool will look next season. We've lost two of our most experienced (although injury prone) players today, and a full bus load of backroom staff and our manager are all leaving. There is 100% no guarantee we will even have another 80-point season let alone challenge for the title and I would personally take 3rd and another domestic cup now so long as it was clear to see Slot was settling and we were making progress.

One thing I will say despite how pointless it is, if we had Rice or Rodri in our team we would have won the league this season. We badly need a player like that and I just don't see one out there.
I don’t think Arsenal are guaranteed top 4. They’ve peaked this season and will still end up empty handed. They’ve had incredible luck with injuries( Saka might actually ,genuinely get injured next season) and referees. Next year the refs might not be so tolerant of them and other teams will be a bit more wary and prepared for Arsenal’s on pitch cheating.  Chelsea will improve , Saudi will likely spend . Liverpool, with a couple of additions should be a lot stronger too. Ange mate seems to be improving Spurs too. With a bit of luck, Arsenal will struggle for top 4.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9048 on: Today at 05:01:41 pm »
I don’t think Arsenal are guaranteed top 4. They’ve peaked this season and will still end up empty handed. They’ve had incredible luck with injuries( Saka might actually ,genuinely get injured next season) and referees. Next year the refs might not be so tolerant of them and other teams will be a bit more wary and prepared for Arsenal’s on pitch cheating.  Chelsea will improve , Saudi will likely spend . Liverpool, with a couple of additions should be a lot stronger too. Ange mate seems to be improving Spurs too. With a bit of luck, Arsenal will struggle for top 4.

While I think it's likely they'll finish in the top 4, I mentioned the other day that I wouldn't be surprised if they finished with fewer points next season. I don't think there is any guarantee they'll be challenging for the title next year as many seem to think.

They're a very good team without being exceptional. Stronger teams than this Arsenal side have had a poor season after a few gruelling seasons (peak City & Liverpool).

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9049 on: Today at 05:33:09 pm »

Is Arsenal a big club ? argued with an Arsenal fan today who kept saying they are

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9050 on: Today at 05:36:05 pm »
Is Arsenal a big club ? argued with an Arsenal fan today who kept saying they are

Oh yes, deffo. Honours wise, its 13 leagues, 14 FA Cups, long history, they're 100% a big club (whisper it, but Everton were once too)

They're huge in Nigeria, I used to work with a lad from there, him and all his mates followed Arsenal.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9051 on: Today at 05:36:31 pm »
While I think it's likely they'll finish in the top 4, I mentioned the other day that I wouldn't be surprised if they finished with fewer points next season. I don't think there is any guarantee they'll be challenging for the title next year as many seem to think.

They're a very good team without being exceptional. Stronger teams than this Arsenal side have had a poor season after a few gruelling seasons (peak City & Liverpool).

People said the exact same thing this season, I think I might have even been one of them. Whether they’re exceptional or not personnel wise I’m not sure, but one thing they are is exceptionally coached I don’t see them just fading away when they’re best players, some of the better players in the league are 25 and under, Saliba,  Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Rice is a good core to build on.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9052 on: Today at 06:11:52 pm »
People said the exact same thing this season, I think I might have even been one of them. Whether they’re exceptional or not personnel wise I’m not sure, but one thing they are is exceptionally coached I don’t see them just fading away when they’re best players, some of the better players in the league are 25 and under, Saliba,  Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Rice is a good core to build on.

Last season was down to luck
This season is down to luck
Next season will be down to luck

We’re not very good, but the luckiest team around and I dont see that changing any time soon

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
« Reply #9053 on: Today at 06:37:42 pm »

We’re not very good, but the luckiest team around and I dont see that changing any time soon

Arsenal are a very good team, completely deserve to be where they are, but let's not act like they've not been extremely lucky with injuries the last two seasons, at no point have Arsenal to had deal with a playing a second string team like Liverpool, or multiple other clubs. 

If I'm being fair, the best teams that Liverpool have had in the last few years have also been lucky with injuries for the most part.  Mane, Firmino, and Salah had a spell where they were basically injury free for years, the year we won the league we were relatively healthy the entire year, you need that luck against Abu Dhabi to stay in it, since they basically get lucky every year not having a injury crisis.

Arsenal will be very good next year, but it will be interesting to see how Arteta might deal with a injury crisis since he hasn't had to deal with one in the last two years (and no having one player out in Saliba is not a crisis).  All of this isn't new, it's been talked about to death on here and outside as well. 

I am most interested to see how Liverpool will do if they have an injury free season, the last time they did we almost won the lot, and the time before that we won the league, so while it will of course be different and extremely tough to do without Klopp, it would be nice to see us not be devestated as per usual by injuries.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #9054 on: Today at 06:41:01 pm »
I have a feeling this lot are winning the league on Sunday.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9055 on: Today at 06:48:53 pm »

That's all true, but again, better teams than this Arsenal side have had poor seasons in recent years. Would it really be that much of a shock if they didn't push on and get 90+ points?

I agree though, a solid side that are coached very well. I'm just not sold that they're guaranteed to be up there next year. They may well still finish second, but would it be so surprising if it was on 84 points?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9056 on: Today at 06:54:15 pm »
You can’t guarantee any team will finish top 4. Look what happened to us after nearly winning the quadruple.
They could get their first injury crisis, they could get a season of ref decisions that we’ve just had. Other teams might improve. They might not deal with successive failures very well.
Odourgard might lose his camera. Anything could happen.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9057 on: Today at 06:55:24 pm »
I have a feeling this lot are winning the league on Sunday.

Parade starts Monday at 5pm, Islington council

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9058 on: Today at 07:13:36 pm »

Always seem to face opposition with injured players. That is my favourite one. Staying injury free is just behind in 2nd.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9059 on: Today at 07:16:29 pm »
Always seem to face opposition with injured players. That is my favourite one. Staying injury free is just behind in 2nd.

How do you feel about losing the league to City, Dan?

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9060 on: Today at 07:18:50 pm »

Don't worry Andar lad, there's always next year. Or the year after that.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9061 on: Today at 07:20:07 pm »

Don't worry Andar lad, there's always next year. Or the year after that.
Next year will be their year…

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9062 on: Today at 07:27:49 pm »

You planning on finishing in 2nd for a 3rd consecutive year?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9063 on: Today at 07:28:42 pm »
They’re happy with 2nd aren’t they?

Offline AthleticClub

• Main Stander
« Reply #9064 on: Today at 07:30:40 pm »

And won the sum total of fuck all

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9065 on: Today at 07:33:02 pm »

It'd beat Spurs 3 year stint when they came 2nd or 3rd for sure  :D

Would need to beat that runner-up in CL still

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9066 on: Today at 07:52:05 pm »
It'd beat Spurs 3 year stint when they came 2nd or 3rd for sure  :D

Would need to beat that runner-up in CL still
Yeah they just can’t quite hit the heights of CL runner up

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9067 on: Today at 08:52:27 pm »

Yeh i dont know why people expect it to change next season. Surely luck explains all.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9068 on: Today at 08:55:30 pm »
Unless the cheats are dealt with severely, and I very much doubt that they will be.
The rest of the pack will just have to get used to them hoovering up trophy after trophy. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9069 on: Today at 08:57:04 pm »
I cannot wait for this thread to die over the summer.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9070 on: Today at 08:58:35 pm »
TNB doesn't do holidays.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9071 on: Today at 09:00:59 pm »
TNB doesn't do holidays.

Not even Skiing ?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9072 on: Today at 09:01:43 pm »

This thread will never die !

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9073 on: Today at 09:02:35 pm »
TNB doesn't do holidays.
Unless he goes skiing.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9074 on: Today at 09:38:38 pm »
Third biggest in England behind Liverpool and Man United. Biggest club in London by far.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #9075 on: Today at 09:43:33 pm »

Yep, massive to be honest.  Sadly, their fan-base is a tad overbearing and that sours their status.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.