Author Topic: Gran Turismo 7  (Read 7589 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Gran Turismo 7
« Reply #120 on: April 6, 2023, 12:25:58 pm »
Been working on the 'World GT Series' yesterday and today (few days off work ;D).

Yesterday, I started the second race (Spa) on racing tyres but the rain hit on lap 3/4 and caused problems that meant I only finished 9th. Today, for my second attempt, I thought I'd get ahead of the weather so I went out on Comfort Softs - figured I might lag behind a bit on the dry, but I'd catch up when the rain hit...it stayed entirely dry throughout and I ended up finishing last.

It's so frustrating - a forecast system (or at least knowing others' tyres) feels like such a glaring omission from this game.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: April 7, 2023, 08:53:57 am »
I had a similar issue at the red bull ring with the weather. I think that was part of the cafe menu.

I actually need to get back on it, I heard there's been a good update recently.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 7, 2023, 10:24:41 am »
I also had a weather issue in a cafe race at Suzuka. I was on track to win and pitted around midway for more tyres. Then it started raining and I had no inters for that car so was stuffed! Spent £20k on some inters and re-ran the race and that time it didn’t rain! Won it though second time round.

The 1.31 update has tweaked the physics a bit and although it’s subtle I think it’s an improvement. Playing in VR it felt more real than before and I think the VR quality has improved since first released too.

GT7 in VR has basically ruined other racing games for me though. I tried a bit of F1 22 again and it’s fun but on a flat display just felt a bit dull in comparison. Really hope this years F1 game has psvr2 compatibility.

I’m looking forward to the next update and the new Super Formula cars. I’d like a few championships to get stuck into but finishing off the cafes is keeping me busy. I’ll need to save up for a legendary car for the neo-classical races as only the 90s race cars can win those!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2023, 03:13:51 pm »
Did the leaderboards reset? I went to look at my licences as I still need gold at spa for my super licence but all the entries have gone on the friends leaderboard?

Edit: well I finally got the gold, that was Infuriating.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 06:14:21 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2023, 08:24:56 pm »
Did the leaderboards reset? I went to look at my licences as I still need gold at spa for my super licence but all the entries have gone on the friends leaderboard?

Edit: well I finally got the gold, that was Infuriating.

Yep, with the latest update I believe.

Annoying as I've only been playing about three weeks, so had worked my way through everything! ;D

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2023, 07:36:17 pm »
Has this been screwed up for anyone since a/the recent update?

I've just done the Euro Clubman Cup 600 race at Sardegna a couple of times and suddenly everything seems really unstable when braking. Watched the replay back and the front compression is ridiculous. Did the race again and managed to flip the car (Megane '11) front-ways onto its lid when braking for the final left-hander.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2023, 07:07:40 am »
I’ve been racing daily around Sardegna in the last week, in VR, in the 800 race there and not had any issues.

I think I saw something online about that update causing some issues but typically only with extreme setups and people deliberately driving to break the physics. Might be an unfortunate car / track combination.

Still loving the VR in this. Even tracks I didn’t previously enjoy are worth driving and often less frustrating with the extra immersion and depth perception it gives you. Doing the 1 hour Spa race with rain starting at dusk and off and on through the night period of the race was quite something in VR. It’s also great sitting in some of the older racing cars and comparing the experience to the more modern versions. It’s ruined flat racing games for me though…

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2023, 01:27:02 pm »
Is this worth picking up? Just got a ps5 and was looking for a decent racing game to try out

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2023, 07:02:13 pm »
Is this worth picking up? Just got a ps5 and was looking for a decent racing game to try out

Best racing game on PS5, so if you like them it’s worth a go. I’ve put over 70 hours into it now and they’ve added loads of content since launch which means there’s plenty to do.

For me the physics and driving are really good but some of the racing can be typical GT fare re AI and balancing performance between you and other cars. It can be a bit of a grind finishing the latter cafe menus as some of the cars you need to buy are quite expensive, and they’re not always available due to the way the economy works in the game.

Looks great though and has a good range of cars. I’d also highly recommend trying it in VR if you can, it’s absolutely brilliant!