Author Topic: HBO/Sky Atlantic - Succession  (Read 44777 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HBO/Sky Atlantic - Succession
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2023, 05:59:51 pm »
Episode 4 was fantastic.

Spoiler
Hope to see Tom staying back where he belongs - loved the casual dismissal from Kendall "we like you Tom". I see he's popular on this thread but I hate him and want his weaseling to not be rewarded!

Did Roman find something out while on the floor with Kerrie?
[close]

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2023, 07:10:14 pm »
Spoiler
So can someone explain the whole piece of paper thing?  Was the paper that Karl, Gerry and Frank found the same one they presented to the siblings? Or did they doctor it?  They obviously wanted to keep it secret and get rid of it, so why did they then show it to the siblings?
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2023, 08:59:20 pm »
Episode 4 was fantastic.

Spoiler
Hope to see Tom staying back where he belongs - loved the casual dismissal from Kendall "we like you Tom". I see he's popular on this thread but I hate him and want his weaseling to not be rewarded!

Did Roman find something out while on the floor with Kerrie?
[close]

Haha, that’s how I feel about Greg.

Spoiler
Full on weasal mode this episode. Failed with the kids so went to Marsha, trying to gauge which way the wind was blowing. I hope he fails spectacularly.

[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2023, 09:02:56 pm »
Haha, that’s how I feel about Greg.

Spoiler
Full on weasal mode this episode. Failed with the kids so went to Marsha, trying to gauge which way the wind was blowing. I hope he fails spectacularly.

[close]
Haha agreed on this one too. Especially as he wasn't being funny. Although having said that, was funny when he shot and missed with the barbed comment ('making a dick') during the silly speech, when Tom was getting some good ones in)

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2023, 09:04:11 pm »
Haha agreed on this one too. Especially as he wasn't being funny. Although having said that, was funny when he shot and missed with the barbed comment ('making a dick') during the silly speech, when Tom was getting some good ones in)

Not nearly enough Tom and Greg banter this episode...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2023, 11:55:12 pm »
All it took was a piece of paper for the cracks in the sibling partnership to crack. That’s the entirety of the show summed up really.

Greg initially fell into situations that might benefit him, then he nervously tiptoed around ways of getting ahead and now he’s fully corrupted and shamelessly sucks up to get ahead. I think they’ve deliberately made him less funny, or funny in a different way, as he progresses through those stages too.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 18, 2023, 12:26:08 am »
All it took was a piece of paper for the cracks in the sibling partnership to crack. That’s the entirety of the show summed up really.
Greg initially fell into situations that might benefit him, then he nervously tiptoed around ways of getting ahead and now he’s fully corrupted and shamelessly sucks up to get ahead. I think they’ve deliberately made him less funny, or funny in a different way, as he progresses through those stages too.

I think he was fully corrupted and a weasal from the off, at the encouragement of his mother, who seemed to be cut off. As soon as Logan fell ill in season one he was telling anyone that would listen that Logan had promised him a position. That was his foot in the door, as it couldn’t be disputed. I’d fucking love to see him back in a costume at a theme park, but realistically he now has a CV that could scam him an excellent job at many big companies.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2023, 12:46:44 am »
Another very good episode in what has been a tremendous final season up to now.

Spoiler
In the final conversation when Kendall was speaking with Hugo, I found myself thinking about Logan telling Kendall that he was “not a killer” in that beautifully performed scene at the end of season two. I don’t think it’s going to work out for Kendall with regards to the top job, but I do think he’s right to say that his dad would have done the exact same thing to solidify his own position in similar circumstances.
[close]

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2023, 12:11:09 pm »
Spoiler
Tom's face when Greg said "into the shape of a dick"  :lmao

Two new episodes of Barry and a cameo (or more?) here in one day, Stephen Root is spoiling us.
[close]
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2023, 03:55:33 pm »
"Long live the king! Long live the king...and the other king!"

Ep 3 will obviously be the high mark of the season, but I really think Ep2 and Ep4 are up there with the very best of the entire series as well. This could go down as the best final season of any show. A couple of Breaking Bad eps in the final season weren't great, and the second half of BCS final season fell a little short of the build up to "Plan and Execution"

Major Better Call Saul spoiler:
Spoiler
When Howard died
[close]

This season of Succession is right up there.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2023, 04:16:04 pm »
Spoiler
So can someone explain the whole piece of paper thing?  Was the paper that Karl, Gerry and Frank found the same one they presented to the siblings? Or did they doctor it?  They obviously wanted to keep it secret and get rid of it, so why did they then show it to the siblings?
[close]

Spoiler
thought that was well, could've sworn they said something regarding the princess (surely a reference to Shiv) fucking things up for them. But then the note and ammendments made no reference to her.

Fair play to Greg trying to claim him having his name randomly on it meant he should be 2nd in charge of the company.
[close]
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2023, 05:41:07 pm »
I thought the highlight was when Kendall overheard Hugo talking to someone and telling them 'you've fucked me in the ass with a strap-on', and later on finding out the person on the other side of the telephone must have been his daughter.

No, actually I'm wrong, it's Kendall's line:
Spoiler
“Fuck a child? He wouldn’t even hug his grandkids.”
[close]
:lmao
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #412 on: April 18, 2023, 06:22:10 pm »
Spoiler
Roman's eye roll to Kendall every time he brought up the note was just absolutely brilliant.
[close]
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2023, 07:40:24 pm »
Another very good episode in what has been a tremendous final season up to now.

Spoiler
In the final conversation when Kendall was speaking with Hugo, I found myself thinking about Logan telling Kendall that he was “not a killer” in that beautifully performed scene at the end of season two. I don’t think it’s going to work out for Kendall with regards to the top job, but I do think he’s right to say that his dad would have done the exact same thing to solidify his own position in similar circumstances.
[close]
I really like Kendall when he is totally ruthless and playing the game. Feel like he’s been moping most of the time since the second season so it’s good to see a return.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 18, 2023, 08:41:47 pm »
A detail I missed completely in the show (until seeing someone mention it on social) is that Kendall’s initials are KLR. He’s literally a killer.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2023, 09:17:49 am »
A detail I missed completely in the show (until seeing someone mention it on social) is that Kendall’s initials are KLR. He’s literally a killer.

Kendell's pace up for sale.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/17/you-can-own-kendall-roys-nyc-triplex-for-29m/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2023, 09:51:08 am »
What I do really like in the series is the growth of Roman. While still immature and sarcastic, he does seem to be now the most considerate of everyone (which isn't saying much but still). He cares about his siblings, he cares about his dad (although is also willing to speak up to him a little bit)

Spoiler
he's the only person to treat Kerry as an actual human being in the last episode and show genuine concern and disgust at the circus. And to call off the smear campaign strategy as well. Throughout this season as well he's been the only one of the siblings trying to get along with things rather than looking to spite someone
[close]

Also while still prone to mistakes and a laziness for the finer details, he does seem to be growing more as a natural charismatic businessman as the series have gone on. Being able to salvage deals and smell out bullshit (like the Azerbaijan business), he is also able to build relationships and make good deals (he is the one who initially reeled in GoJo for Logan).

While his brother and sister seem more traditionally competent and certainly more serious people, it does seem that out of the 3 Roman maybe has more of a natural nose for business - despite being lazy and unfiltered he still, he can more traverse situations just by feel, he has some things the others don't and can't really learn.

I think the comment about Greg being less funny in a different way, to make him less likeable, I get the feeling they've done the opposite with Roman, made him more human and more likeable, as much as you can with a loud mouthed billionaires son.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 19, 2023, 09:58:13 am »
Tom & Greg should have their own spin off show ;D

How quickly things change between them all. Does make you wonder money/lifestyle aside how life is like in such an environment.

Spoiler
Shiv is having Tom's baby right?.
[close]

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #418 on: April 19, 2023, 10:43:59 am »
Spoiler
Shiv is having Tom's baby right?.
[close]

Spoiler
I presumed so. She's looking at him with more hatred than ever.
[close]
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2023, 11:58:33 am »
What I do really like in the series is the growth of Roman. While still immature and sarcastic, he does seem to be now the most considerate of everyone (which isn't saying much but still). He cares about his siblings, he cares about his dad (although is also willing to speak up to him a little bit)

Spoiler
he's the only person to treat Kerry as an actual human being in the last episode and show genuine concern and disgust at the circus. And to call off the smear campaign strategy as well. Throughout this season as well he's been the only one of the siblings trying to get along with things rather than looking to spite someone
[close]

Also while still prone to mistakes and a laziness for the finer details, he does seem to be growing more as a natural charismatic businessman as the series have gone on. Being able to salvage deals and smell out bullshit (like the Azerbaijan business), he is also able to build relationships and make good deals (he is the one who initially reeled in GoJo for Logan).

While his brother and sister seem more traditionally competent and certainly more serious people, it does seem that out of the 3 Roman maybe has more of a natural nose for business - despite being lazy and unfiltered he still, he can more traverse situations just by feel, he has some things the others don't and can't really learn.

I think the comment about Greg being less funny in a different way, to make him less likeable, I get the feeling they've done the opposite with Roman, made him more human and more likeable, as much as you can with a loud mouthed billionaires son.
Kieran Culkin agrees with you: https://youtu.be/FJ2_9_7lG90

(Sorry I never know how to embed shit on here)
Stan Laurel

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2023, 12:09:58 pm »
Kieran Culkin agrees with you: https://youtu.be/FJ2_9_7lG90

(Sorry I never know how to embed shit on here)

I'd go as far as to say I'd have stopped watching it at some point if it wasn't for Roman. He's an absolute icon, makes me laugh instantly when he's on screen - the only one I want to win. 
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2023, 12:32:02 pm »
I'd go as far as to say I'd have stopped watching it at some point if it wasn't for Roman. He's an absolute icon, makes me laugh instantly when he's on screen - the only one I want to win. 

Agreed Roman is clearly the best. Always said so since season 1.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 19, 2023, 12:32:23 pm »
Spoiler
I presumed so. She's looking at him with more hatred than ever.
[close]

True. She isn't going to tell him?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2023, 01:14:51 pm »
Agreed Roman is clearly the best. Always said so since season 1.

Of the Kids,

Tom and Greg are the best for me though.*
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2023, 02:14:50 pm »
Of the Kids,

Breaking Disgusting, spin-off writes itself...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2023, 02:28:32 pm »
Breaking Disgusting, spin-off writes itself...

;D

What was Toms line this week
Misfit Dipshits?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2023, 02:53:55 pm »
That and describing how Logan died and that he hadn’t had a shit for twenty years.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2023, 04:25:28 pm »
Before we get too carried away, Roman is the one who pushed to back the borderline fascist for President !

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2023, 07:40:45 pm »
I could see Roman getting with Kerry. He’d probably find it weirdly enjoyable to bang his dads last.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 20, 2023, 11:01:39 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/18/succession-is-overrated?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2dry87aSV9U1A95w9RTqX5jQohDQ53CQabis9vo90GULB4hwvK10cdjB4#Echobox=1681824118

Succession isn’t bad – but it is overrated
Arwa Mahdawi

From the profanity to the shaky cinematography, I have finally had my fill of the hit drama. I’ll say this for the makers though, they do know when to stop

That's some pretty terrible trolling and bating from the Guardian, even for them.

Good TV isn't for everyone, it seems. Neither is intelligence.
Stan Laurel

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #430 on: April 21, 2023, 08:47:15 am »

Giving you a Roman eye-roll on that one :)

Episode 4 was great, must be a reasonable chance this is one of the best LAST seasons ever and they will stick the landing.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 21, 2023, 09:38:12 am »
Of the Kids,

Tom is second for me. He displays ALOT of variety of emotions and does genuinely care about Shiv imo.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #432 on: April 21, 2023, 09:44:20 am »
Tom is second for me. He displays ALOT of variety of emotions and does genuinely care about Shiv imo.
It's the Minnesota in him that comes out every now and then.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 21, 2023, 03:00:16 pm »

He does and is desperate to please her. Having an open marriage was clearly her idea and he just went along with it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 21, 2023, 10:09:35 pm »
He does and is desperate to please her. Having an open marriage was clearly her idea and he just went along with it.
Yeah. Although the scene between them 2 at end of episode 2 iirc as they lay on the bed was beautifully done. I think Shiv does care for him.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2023, 06:03:26 am »
Spoiler
I used to think you were broad. But I know I see you’re like a fucking spelunker!

Fucking hell, this show lol

[close]

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2023, 12:56:08 pm »
Spoiler
There's no way in hell the boys think Madsen's actually going to give them that deal, right? Right?!
[close]
Stan Laurel

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2023, 08:06:45 pm »
Spoiler
There's no way in hell the boys think Madsen's actually going to give them that deal, right? Right?!
[close]

Spoiler
I don't think so. Why did he want a pic of them? He made an alliance with Shiv? Is she not pregnant now? She was messing with Tom at the end? So many bloody questions haha.
[close]

Roman bosses that episode. Bloody brilliant. This season is going to be the best of the lot.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2023, 08:37:57 pm »

Spoiler
I don't think so. Why did he want a pic of them? He made an alliance with Shiv? Is she not pregnant now? She was messing with Tom at the end? So many bloody questions haha.
[close]

Roman bosses that episode. Bloody brilliant. This season is going to be the best of the lot.

This is the brilliance of the show in a nutshell.
Stan Laurel

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2023, 09:35:39 pm »
Your earlobes are thick and chewy, like barnacle meat.