Author Topic: Only Fools and Horses...  (Read 22071 times)

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
Re: Only Fools and Horses...
« Reply #120 on: June 5, 2012, 01:43:53 am »
Can't choose between Grandad and Uncle Albert, they're both involved in some of the most magic moments of TV ever.
What a programme this was.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »
Just cracked open my DVD set.

After hearing that the Yanks are still trying to remake it with John Leguziamo, (some other fella), and Doc Brown from back to the Future.

Pfft.

Love this show.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2014, 08:25:08 pm »
Been watching it every day for the past couple of weeks. One of those where no matter how many times you watch it will just never get old. Been reading around a bit and didn't know until now that another Christmas special centred around Del's 65th birthday was being planned. Probably wouldn't have happened anyway and definitely won't since John Sullivans death in 2011. The best sitcom/TV show/series whatever you want to call it ever in my opinion.

Just been watching Time On Our Hands.

Raquels dad: "Are you a naval man Derek?"
Del: "Ah no I'm more of a leg man"
Justice for the 97

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2014, 10:08:42 pm »
Best show ever.
He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2014, 10:45:58 am »
This and Fawlty Towers for me.

Cannot beat them

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2014, 09:07:27 pm »
I don't think there's a better comedy series than Only Fools. I've watched every episode at least 4/5 times.

Some of my favs, off the top of my head; The Jolly Boys' Outing, Friday the 14th, The Russians are coming, To Hull and Back, Dates, Heroes and Villains, Strangers on the Shore (underrated), The Longest Night and many many more. There's not an episode I dislike.

Anyone read Sir David Jason's book? It's a really enjoyable read.

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:02 pm »
Love the scene when slater organizes the class reunion and trigger got lost trying to find the room and stood in a room in the dark alone for ages you can just see that image in your head when he says it

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2014, 04:50:49 pm »
All I want to say is that this is one of my 'favouritist' jokes ever;

Del:        One of my most favouritist meals is Duck ŕ l'Orange, but I don't know how to say that in French....
Rodney: It's canard.
Del:        You can say that again bruv!
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #128 on: July 1, 2014, 02:19:05 am »
Not sure of this bit word for word, but really funny episode when Rodney is seeing an older woman..

Rodney "What's wrong with going out with a 40 year old woman?"

Del "Nothing....if you're 50!...she's even too old for me!"

Grandad..."Even I'd have to think twice!"
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #129 on: July 1, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »
By far and away my favourite ever programme. Could sit and talk about Only Fools all day long. Hard to say which is my top moment, there is a few that literally has me in stiches no matter how many times I watch......

Go West Young Man - the scene in the bar when Del and Rodney are chatting up the two girls and Del claims to be Rodney's tennis coach - "they call him Hot Rod!"

To Hull and Back - the scene when Uncle Albert gets them lost at sea and then says, "look - Concord!", Del is made up thinking they are saved, but Albert just says, "I'm just saying, Concord!"  :D

Tea for Three - love the part when Del is blagging the bird that he used to be a Paratropper and that he used to parachute at night. He goes, "I had a bad landing but they teach to land properly", she turns round and says, "well its funny but I always expected them to be - well - you know - taller!"
Rodney goes - "yeah he used to be 6.3 but like he said, he had a bad landing!"  ;D ;D ;D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #130 on: July 1, 2014, 02:28:13 pm »
Bloody love this show, there's too many favourite episodes/scene's/lines to mention but here's a few;

Jolly Boys Outing

Del 
I don't believe it! There's only a bloody train strike!

Boycie 
My son is being christened in three weeks' time!

Sid 
What about my cafe?

Mike 
I've got a pub to run, Del!

Jevon 
I was supposed to meet a bird at nine!

Trigger 
And I lost my dolphin! ;D

Mother Nature's Son;

Del
I thought you said it was open 24 hours

Trigger
Yeah but not at night!

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 2, 2014, 12:51:49 pm »
I'm amazed how many people say that episodes with Raquel or Cassandra in them are their favs.
It's almost as if they haven't seen it with Del, Rod and Grandad  on their own.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #132 on: July 2, 2014, 01:10:36 pm »
I'm amazed how many people say that episodes with Raquel or Cassandra in them are their favs.

I wasnt Raquel's biggest fan in later episode's, she was funny in that one in the Starlight Rooms 'Cwying', but later on it just went a bit off the boil, when Sid took over the Nags Head.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #133 on: July 2, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »

I preferred the show without Raquel and Cassandra (more specifically Raquel) and also prefer Grandad to Uncle Albert but Sullivan's writing peaked at Series 6 for me.

Jolly Boys Outing is probably my favourite and technically both the women are in that episode but neither play a major role.

OFAH went majorly downhill after The Jolly Boys Outing and only really had the 96 Trilogy which could compare with the earlier series. S7 was very poor and my least favourite series by a mile, as was the 92 and 93 Xmas Specials. I didn't care about the drama/family side of things,

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: July 2, 2014, 11:00:12 pm »
I preferred the show without Raquel and Cassandra (more specifically Raquel) and also prefer Grandad to Uncle Albert but Sullivan's writing peaked at Series 6 for me.

Jolly Boys Outing is probably my favourite and technically both the women are in that episode but neither play a major role.

OFAH went majorly downhill after The Jolly Boys Outing and only really had the 96 Trilogy which could compare with the earlier series. S7 was very poor and my least favourite series by a mile, as was the 92 and 93 Xmas Specials. I didn't care about the drama/family side of things,

See, as a 19 year-old I never got the opportunity to watch the episodes broadcast live, and I think that's why a significant amount of people hate the final trilogy, whereas I didn't find them that bad, (although the sunset ending would admittedly have been perfect), and the same goes for any of the episodes, because I watched them all for the first time collectively. I think the year wait for a lot of the latter episodes made people more critical, but I'm only guessing that. There's not a single OFAH episode I don't enjoy, some aren't as good as others as is always the case in any series.

I actually preferred Uncle Albert when compared to him and Grandad.

I was thinking of that scene in the cafe earlier. The one where Denzil is disgusted after finding a hair in his porridge, only for Trigger to come up behind him and say "I think I'll have some of that porridge, cheers Sid"  ;D. I think it's the same scene in which he talks about having the same broom for twenty years.

"That's a long time, Dave"
"Yeah, well it's two decades, ain't it"
"I wouldn't go that far!"

;D ;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 3, 2014, 12:25:42 am »
"JOHN, WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME DAVE ..."

I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #136 on: July 3, 2014, 09:50:47 am »

I'm only 28 so the first episodes I really remember as being 'live' were the classic 1996 Trilogy. I remember the Batman and Robin bit so vividly as a 10 year old just in hysterics, literally crying laughing :) I got into the show from there really.

I fully understand where you're coming from regarding the later trilogy, it does have some decent moments but you've actually hit the nail on head where my disappointment with that comes from; the 1996 ending was perfect, it felt as 'natural' as it could do that this families journey had come to an end after 15 years. The way they got them back into Nelson Mandela House after being Millionaires just felt  rushed

Also anticipation was crazy, I was 15 by the time the 2001 Xmas Special came on and I couldn't wait but it went down like a lead balloon. You're also right about the year long wait. Had these of been 3 specials in one year (like in 1996) they may have fitted better
« Last Edit: July 3, 2014, 11:38:54 am by redan »

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #137 on: August 7, 2014, 08:27:27 am »
I'm just watching this for the first time. I'm on Series 4 and noticed David Thewlis in Rodney's band :D They only play about 5 seconds of a kind of rockabilly song, but it's great.

At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Jamesie

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: August 7, 2014, 08:36:39 am »
Bloody love this show, there's too many favourite episodes/scene's/lines to mention but here's a few;

Jolly Boys Outing

Del 
I don't believe it! There's only a bloody train strike!

Boycie 
My son is being christened in three weeks' time!

Sid 
What about my cafe?

Mike 
I've got a pub to run, Del!

Jevon 
I was supposed to meet a bird at nine!

Trigger 
And I lost my dolphin! ;D

:lmao

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2014, 06:24:47 pm »

Mother Nature's Son;

Del
I thought you said it was open 24 hours

Trigger
Yeah but not at night!

:D
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:30 am »
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2014, 10:18:39 pm »
One of the greatest TV shows ever, love it.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »
Just seen this

In my opinion Albert is better, better actor, better character with his "during the war" stuff much to Rodney and Del boys disgust

Not just a comedy, sometimes very touching, Grandads Heroes fit for homes speech when they was in the air raid shelter, Dels zebedee speech in Grandads funeral episode, Cassandra and Rodney marriage with Simply Red playing in the back ground, Rodney crying in the lift, among others

Seems i am in a minority here but in my opinion they did right in bringing it back after they was millionaires because they always fail in their previous attempts to be millionaires and it probably wouldn't sit right that they got made millionaires and stayed as millionaires, If They Could See Us Now was brilliant in my opinion

Gwyneth Strong is a shocking actress in my opinion but series 6 with her was excellent, Tessa Peake Jones is a very good actress i think but i just found her character a bit too serious at times.

Obviously im still at school so i wasn't around when it was on TV but i do have the boxset, every episode and Christmas special.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2014, 07:50:42 pm »
Rodney: So ummm... what you doing here, Trig?

Trigger: Well Del said he'd give me a lift to the pub.

Rodney: Oh, right. But you live closer to the pub than us.

Trigger: I know.

Rodney: In fact, you have to walk past the pub to get to this flat.

Trigger: Yeah? But Del said he'd give me a lift!
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »
Rodney: So ummm... what you doing here, Trig?

Trigger: Well Del said he'd give me a lift to the pub.

Rodney: Oh, right. But you live closer to the pub than us.

Trigger: I know.

Rodney: In fact, you have to walk past the pub to get to this flat.

Trigger: Yeah? But Del said he'd give me a lift!

It's the karaoke version.  ;D

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2014, 01:33:56 am »
Some rare episodes that never made it into the series. Well, I never seen them before but some of you might have.

License to Drill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zJS8I44Gg

Christmas Trees. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdkMSRVG4H8

Pains me that I've forgot how to embed  ???

If you are like me and have watched every episode time and time again and still consider it the best sitcom, to watch this new footage was special (Or old so to speak, just new to me).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:39:06 am by Serbian Red »
Justice for the 97

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2014, 11:37:58 am »
Some rare episodes that never made it into the series. Well, I never seen them before but some of you might have.

License to Drill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zJS8I44Gg

Christmas Trees. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdkMSRVG4H8

Pains me that I've forgot how to embed  ???

If you are like me and have watched every episode time and time again and still consider it the best sitcom, to watch this new footage was special (Or old so to speak, just new to me).

Will have a look at those later thanks - like the earlier del rather than the later del....looked at a couple of shows lately,amazing how times changed and what was deemed acceptable then and would'nt be now.i,e off to the chinkys,off to the pakis etc - cant remember which 1s those comments are from maybe series 2 or 3.

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2015, 01:30:16 pm »
Gold recently did the Top 20 Episodes introduced by David Jason,

I can't remember the exact list but I remember Danger UXD was in the late teens which I was surprised was so low, also the Millionaires one was only 9.

No place in the top 20 for Chain Gang, Little Problems, Hull and Back or Dates!!

Top 5 was
5. Heroes and Villains (Batman and Robin)
4. Tea for Three (Hang glide)
3. Stage Fright (Cwying)
2. A Touch of Glass (Chandelier)
1. Jolly Boys Outing

Can't argue with the top 2 but the rest whilst being good are not top 5 for me

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2015, 03:15:42 pm »
Touch of glass for me was so funny -still gets me now when I see it.

Also like the one when Del paints the curry house in the paint used for signs in the tube - and has also painted his Mum's grave that colour too.

That is priceless. When Del, Rodney and Grandad are looking through the railing at the cemetery, at their mum's grave glowing in the luminous paint in the dark:

Grandad: 'What worries me is, it's on the main flight path to Heathrow'.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: December 2, 2016, 05:22:47 pm »

Gold recently did the Top 20 Episodes introduced by David Jason,

I can't remember the exact list but I remember Danger UXD was in the late teens which I was surprised was so low, also the Millionaires one was only 9.

No place in the top 20 for Chain Gang, Little Problems, Hull and Back or Dates!!

Top 5 was
5. Heroes and Villains (Batman and Robin)
4. Tea for Three (Hang glide)
3. Stage Fright (Cwying)
2. A Touch of Glass (Chandelier)
1. Jolly Boys Outing

Can't argue with the top 2 but the rest whilst being good are not top 5 for me

Love that episode tea for three del and Rodney agree to say there is a phone call love when Rodney goes we haven't got a car phone the look on dels face.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 4, 2017, 10:50:14 pm »
Watching back the one with the blow up dolls

Priceless :lmao
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 5, 2017, 02:55:15 am »
Just been rewatching the series on Netflix. Simply amazing.

It's intriguing how the last three episodes were so awful. Everything from the writing, storyline, acting (over acting at it's worst) was just horrid. Like most people said, they should have left it alone once they became millionaires.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 5, 2017, 06:41:53 am »
Probably the only show where I'm channel hopping and It can be any episode and I'll just stop and sit there for a couple of episodes. Don't need to be in the mood for only fools and horses, so easy and good to watch.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #153 on: July 5, 2017, 11:31:49 am »
They show these on SKY every day, priceless and will always be funny.
Trigger was just fantastic.

"If it's a girl they're calling it Sigourney after an actress, and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave!"

So many more like that to remember!
« Last Edit: July 5, 2017, 11:38:41 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 5, 2017, 01:02:11 pm »
They show these on SKY every day, priceless and will always be funny.
Trigger was just fantastic.

"If it's a girl they're calling it Sigourney after an actress, and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave!"

So many more like that to remember!
:)
Jolly Boys outing scene when Rodneys getting off the bus when they get home hilarious as well.
All you hear is, "See yah Rodney" from everybody on the bus. then you hear Triggers voice shout out, "See yah Dave" :)
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #155 on: July 5, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
:)
Jolly Boys outing scene when Rodneys getting off the bus when they get home hilarious as well.
All you hear is, "See yah Rodney" from everybody on the bus. then you hear Triggers voice shout out, "See yah Dave" :)

;D

There are loads of them aren't there.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2018, 07:30:51 am »
This clip still cracks me up!  ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/hlaNuauwUCs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/hlaNuauwUCs</a>

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2018, 10:36:43 am »
Someone at work was talking about that clip yesterday, classic trigger.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2018, 11:53:24 pm »
I'm just watching this for the first time. I'm on Series 4 and noticed David Thewlis in Rodney's band :D They only play about 5 seconds of a kind of rockabilly song, but it's great.

That the one where the singer is mental mickey

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2018, 09:10:32 am »
That the one where the singer is mental mickey

Mental Mickey was great, should have made a bit more of his character