Author Topic: Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**  (Read 350266 times)

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Doctor Who
« Reply #360 on: June 1, 2010, 02:17:07 pm »
Except Amy was inside the Tardis when she forgot.

I'm sure that Doctor Who is exempt from continuity.
That's what the cracks are.
Continuity cracks.
He'll need a damn sight more than a sonic screwdriver to fix that then.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #361 on: June 1, 2010, 03:28:46 pm »
Worst bit. This was definitely the worst of the series so far. Good ending though.

My theory (don't think this needs spoilers) is that the crack removes things from existance so they never existed yea? So I reckon he'll just reverse it somehow, so that it swallows itself, then boom, the cracks never existed.

Easy ;D

It was in Red Dwarf :P
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #362 on: June 2, 2010, 11:31:58 am »
Except Amy was inside the Tardis when she forgot.

I'm sure that Doctor Who is exempt from continuity.

Was she? LOL good spot :)

Perhaps it's just timelords that are immune from Causuality - except that they've proven that others are as well - when it suits the writers.

I think you're right. Monumental writing cock up - or is it?! OR IS IT!!?!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: June 2, 2010, 12:22:56 pm »
Was she? LOL good spot :)

Perhaps it's just timelords that are immune from Causuality - except that they've proven that others are as well - when it suits the writers.

I think you're right. Monumental writing cock up - or is it?! OR IS IT!!?!

Didn't the Doctor address that directly though?
Amy could remember the soldiers who went into the crack because she was "exempt" as a Tardis/time traveller.
The difference with Rory was that he was part of Amy's own personal history, so it was harder for her to remember him.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #364 on: June 2, 2010, 12:26:34 pm »
Amy could remember the soldiers who went into the crack because she was "exempt" as a Tardis/time traveller.
The difference with Rory was that he was part of Amy's own personal history, so it was harder for her to remember him.

Not sure that can make sense. The Doctor met him - so he's part of the Doctors personal history. Unless you're saying if you've only just met someone, there would be swathes of people that had encountered people just once that would still remember the brief encounters all over the shop.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #365 on: June 2, 2010, 01:06:28 pm »
Hmmm. Maybe the Doctor was wrong. To me, the difference was that Amy SAW the crack taking Rory. She had her eyes shut when the soldiers went in. Or am I misremembering?
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline finchie

• It's the truth I tells ya!... the truth!...
  • Kopite
« Reply #366 on: June 2, 2010, 09:04:10 pm »
I don't know if anyone else found the idea of someone who we've seen living never actually existing as quite a creepy thought. I did.
The way recent Doctor Who series have been playing hell with temporal paradoxes has left me wondering if events in past series of Doctor Who are now possible. Quite confusing (but yes it's only a tv programme!)

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 6, 2010, 01:17:44 am »
Richard Curtis?
Fuck off.
That was beyond shite. Just like everything you've ever done since Blackadder II.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: June 6, 2010, 07:26:03 am »
Thought it was quite nice. Not brilliant sure but a few laughs, decent balance between cheerful and sad, good performance by Curran, wasn't bored. Was stronger near the end but I was happy with it

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 6, 2010, 10:40:34 am »
Dead cheesy but I enjoyed it. Curran was excellent. Really sad at times.

Love all the eerie references to Rory and Amy's marriage. Dark.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #370 on: June 7, 2010, 07:46:56 am »
Pretty duff that one. Certainly the weakest one since the series returned.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #371 on: June 7, 2010, 10:15:03 am »
I found it was alright, maybe a bit out of place with the rest of the series but then I'm never a fan of these historical celebrity episodes - why wasn't his ear cut off? He did that a couple of years before he died, they could have at least had a bandage if they deemed it too graphic for family viewing. I was surprised they went with Athlete for that crescendo at the end, Snow Patrol are usually nailed on for that generic emotive moment. And the scenes with invisible monster rather than being suspenseful looked to me as if they spent the budget on other episodes - although I liked the allegory between the monster and Vincent's own invisible monster (depression).

On the other hand, I always enjoy seeing Bill Nighy strut his stuff and Tony Curran was good.

And for anyone interested in the correct pronunciation:

Spoiler
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YLTQv8RH1TE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YLTQv8RH1TE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
[close]
« Last Edit: June 7, 2010, 10:18:24 am by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: June 7, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »
why wasn't his ear cut off? He did that a couple of years before he died, they could have at least had a bandage if they deemed it too graphic for family viewing.

Maybe he put his blade too close to a crack in the wall and it ceased to exist.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 7, 2010, 01:45:51 pm »
Thought it was just ok, bit sad at times, particularly the bit where the Doctor accidentally called him Rory, but also some funny bits as well.

Definitely felt out of place with the rest of the series, one of the weakest ones sofar imo.

Nice little cameo by Bill Nighy, always class.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #374 on: June 7, 2010, 02:48:38 pm »
Maybe he put his blade too close to a crack in the wall and it ceased to exist.

;) Only mentioned it as it had that educational vibe to the episode with lots of facts about Van Gogh in the dialogue but nothing of his ear. I know when I was a kid and first heard about this famous artist who cut off his own ear it caught my interest when otherwise all art was the same boring stuff. BBC missed a trick there, not like I was expecting them to have him glugging absinthe :D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #375 on: June 7, 2010, 04:28:16 pm »
I really enjoyed the van Gogh episode. If only for the early exchange having a dig at Mel Gibson's bravehart.
(excuse the paraphrase)

"Ah , lovely lady, you have the same accent as me, are you Dutch as well then?"
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2010, 10:51:25 pm »
Thought tonight's episode was very weak. Love will conquer all - fuck off. Also that keeper was shite.

Least that fat expletive got nutted.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #377 on: June 12, 2010, 11:11:30 pm »
Thought tonight's episode was very weak. Love will conquer all - fuck off. Also that keeper was shite.

Missed it tonight. Was Rob Green in Dr Who as well tonight?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Plinkyplonk

• I orinar en las piscinas. HECHO!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cockles
    • Avon Brixham Liverpool Devon Paignton Torquay
« Reply #378 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:02 pm »
Last weeks was amazing..... it had me crying my little eyes out when they took him to the art gallery.

This weeks...... piss off James Corden. That's all I have to say on the matter! Apart from the fact that the doctor should really have been sent to South Africa....

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2010, 12:27:06 am »
Last weeks was amazing..... it had me crying my little eyes out when they took him to the art gallery.

This weeks...... piss off James Corden. That's all I have to say on the matter! Apart from the fact that the doctor should really have been sent to South Africa....
Could've well of been, if I remember correctly Smith was on his way to a pro career and was in the Leicester youth team until he did his back in.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2010, 12:07:31 pm »
Thought it was a good episode actually. Is next weeks the first of the finale? Looks good either way. Matt Smith was great again and liked Amy finding the ring. However, I hate when tv shows or movies have a footballing scene because it always looks so fake, just like the keeper diving out of the way of the shot, and none of the defenders running or closing down. Just annoys me.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2010, 04:25:13 pm »
I thought last nights was pretty good, even with the Corden factor. He's actually a decent actor who got his start in the West End in History Boys and he showed some of that last night. He was fairly subdued and quiet and was basically the straight man to Smith's zany comedy turn.

I believe this was the inevitable 'box' episode they have every season, the one that is done really cheaply so they can save their effects and production budget for the big finale. I liked how it was basically a sitcom episode and how the Doctor would react to that, thought it was quite amusing all round. Smith is great and his comedy timing is impeccable, "It's a commentary on modern society. Ooh, modern society, isn't it awful?" had me laughing out loud. The rest of it was pretty meh though, like lame non-bad guy, the 'use your love to save the day' bit seemed like the worst of the RTD stuff was back and yet more perception filters being used as deus ex machina's.

Next week's is the first of the two part finale and it seems like every enemy from the new series is brought back for some sort of giant Monster Mash, it could be amazing. Does anyone else think it's the Doctor himself in that box? "the trickster" and why all of them baddies would be there.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2010, 05:23:19 pm »
Was an ok episode and Corden was actually ok in the episode. Was abit of fun and nothing more. Be interesting to see who Amy thinks the ring actually belongs to. Can't believe we've got to the finale so quickly seems like The Eleventh Hour was only on the other week.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:26 pm »
Enjoyed it, thought it was quite funny, by no means a classic but wasn't trying to be. Cordon was good when with the Doctor, didn't think he and Daisy Haggard quite clicked though which was a pity. I thought the "can you help" bits were very creepy and was disappointed with the big reveal 

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2010, 09:29:48 pm »
Thought this week's episode was very good and so was Corden. Have really enjoyed this series despite a few Dalek sized hiccups.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2010, 12:01:31 am »
Kind of a nothing episode, but Smith was brilliant and his casting as the Doctor has been inspired.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2010, 01:39:25 am »
Thought the corden episode was boss myself. Funny too. Love the way this new doctor is so wierdly brilliant.

The doctor playing football as well, gotta be a first.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2010, 08:32:43 am »
I quite liked this one. Except for the football bit.

Very funny in parts.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2010, 09:59:59 am »
He's got a nice touch for a Time Lord! I'm sure I read he could have been a pro

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2010, 10:01:51 am »
He's got a nice touch for a Time Lord! I'm sure I read he could have been a pro

Someone said he was going to be a professional footballer, but sustained a back injury and went into acting.

From Wiki; . He planned to be a professional football player, having played for the youth teams of Northampton Town F.C., Nottingham Forest F.C. and Leicester City F.C.[6] After a serious back injury, his drama teacher introduced him to acting by surreptitiously signing him up as the tenth juror in an adaptation of Twelve Angry Men

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(actor)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:03:27 am by Andy@Allerton »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2010, 04:17:04 pm »
Really enjoyable episode. Corden back to his History Boys standard. As others have said he's a good actor when he tries (or doesn't try too hard). On a general point - Matt Smith has done fantastic job of making the 'ancient man in a young gangly body' thing seem perfectly natural. It would have been easy for that character to just be a precocious knob, but he carries the weight of the Universe on his young shoulders brilliantly.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: June 14, 2010, 05:56:39 pm »
Bit of a meh episode, didn't love it, didn't hate it. Interesting stuff in the preview.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2010, 06:28:23 pm »
Gonna be gutted when this series of dr who ends.

We've not played on a saturday during the whole run so its been fantastic,
Soccer Saturday>Total Wipeout>Dr Who>CHinese Takeaway.   Brilliant.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #393 on: June 14, 2010, 09:52:01 pm »
Really enjoyable episode. Corden back to his History Boys standard. As others have said he's a good actor when he tries (or doesn't try too hard). On a general point - Matt Smith has done fantastic job of making the 'ancient man in a young gangly body' thing seem perfectly natural. It would have been easy for that character to just be a precocious knob, but he carries the weight of the Universe on his young shoulders brilliantly.

Corden is far better when he is not let anywhere near the writing process.

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #394 on: June 15, 2010, 10:56:02 am »
Best episodes of the series.

Smith has now officially made the role his own with that performance.

Spoiler
You know how the Tardis blowing up is what has supposedly caused the cracks (when he pulled the piece out of one of them). I love how every episode has had things not working properly. Like this one, he was aiming for a moon somewhere, but ended up in Colchester.
[close]
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2010, 01:35:37 pm »

Spoiler
You know how the Tardis blowing up is what has supposedly caused the cracks (when he pulled the piece out of one of them). I love how every episode has had things not working properly. Like this one, he was aiming for a moon somewhere, but ended up in Colchester.
[close]

There's more atmosphere on the moon.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2010, 02:09:02 pm »
There's more atmosphere on the moon.

Colchester has atmosphere. Not a particularly pleasant atmosphere, but atmosphere none the less...

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 15, 2010, 08:06:50 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

I believe almost every episode has had at least one scene of machinery/robotics going haywire near Amy, as in there is something 'special' about her, could tie into the finale.

I've also read a bit of a spoiler by accident about the last episode and it sounds crazy.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #398 on: June 15, 2010, 10:48:56 pm »
Loved this episode, it was just enjoyable. Had me in stiches every time the Doctor pretended to kiss people when greeting them.

Superb series. And funnily enough this years has got a mixed reaction with the hardcores and its been the best for many a year.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2010, 12:02:43 am »
Still absolutely loving smith. Is amy about next series anyone know? Got to be too early to lose her she's been class as well:). Gutted there's only 2 weeks left!