Author Topic: RAWK Fallout Shelter 3.0: CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR BEHIND YOU! Edition  (Read 67914 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: RAWK Fallout Shelter 3.0: CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR BEHIND YOU! Edition
« Reply #2400 on: April 25, 2024, 10:09:28 pm »
Just read through those quotes and fucking despair isn't even in it.
No wonder I don't go into the main forum that much.
It used to be the best place on here, now just full of shite.
Grim, isn't it.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2401 on: April 26, 2024, 01:46:26 am »
What was said yesterday.  I thought we were having a parade?

Sorry it was something different. A poster said that we wouldn't have a parade for such a small cup and some such.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: April 26, 2024, 09:05:48 am »
Just read through those quotes and fucking despair isn't even in it.
No wonder I don't go into the main forum that much.
It used to be the best place on here, now just full of shite.
Nunez stealing money from the club was one sentence (to paraphrase) that stunned me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2403 on: April 26, 2024, 09:48:52 am »
Well, no but it makes RAWK a shit place to be when people are just talking a load of emotive clap trap (see also any loss under Rafa).

Imagine fans being people and being emotive.

Emotive fuckers. Should just lap up being fucking shite against our two most bitter rivals and letting them wank and then shite all over us.

Hurrah?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: April 26, 2024, 10:02:44 am »
Imagine fans being people and being emotive.

Emotive fuckers. Should just lap up being fucking shite against our two most bitter rivals and letting them wank and then shite all over us.

Hurrah?
I just can't get my head around the idea of "venting". Why post at all if all you do is make your fellow Reds feel worse after reading your toxic bullshit than they were before?* It's self-indulgent and incredibly self-centred. Your fellow Reds are also emotive, also despondent, so why make them feel a little bit worse with your knee-jerk hot take that just has to be shared with the world?

Nobody is compelled to post anything at all. You are allowed to keep it to yourself.

* Not aimed at you specifically, Andy**
** Well, not all your posts

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2405 on: April 26, 2024, 10:06:35 am »
I just can't get my head around the idea of "venting". Why post at all if all you do is make your fellow Reds feel worse after reading your toxic bullshit than they were before?* It's self-indulgent and incredibly self-centred. Your fellow Reds are also emotive, also despondent, so why make them feel a little bit worse with your knee-jerk hot take that just has to be shared with the world?

Nobody is compelled to post anything at all. You are allowed to keep it to yourself.

People are allowed to be upset. It's OK to be angry. It's OK to vent.

I have a few close friends that committed suicide because they couldn't vent. Because they didn't think it was OK not to be OK.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2406 on: April 26, 2024, 10:09:28 am »

all posts that made reds feel worse might be a well intentioned comment but its a slippery slope.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2407 on: April 26, 2024, 10:20:51 am »
People are allowed to be upset. It's OK to be angry. It's OK to vent.

I have a few close friends that committed suicide because they couldn't vent. Because they didn't think it was OK not to be OK.

I've had mates commit suicide too, so I get your point. However a lot aren't venting, there's one in the Nunez thread who never posts then comes on to call him a polished Andy Carroll and another saying "I said he was shite in December, aren't I fucking clever".

I sometimes write a post then just delete before posting, that can get the venom out of you.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2408 on: April 26, 2024, 10:25:21 am »
People are allowed to be upset. It's OK to be angry.
I've never said it isn't
It's OK to vent.
No it's not. It's like smearing faces on the wall and calling it fine art. It make make you feel better in the moment but what about the people or have to walk past it later. Shit on a wall is still shit on a wall.

This has taken a strange turn. I'm sorry for your losses. Sounds like they need professional help. RAWK post-match would have been even worse for them.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2409 on: April 26, 2024, 10:26:53 am »
I've had mates commit suicide too, so I get your point. However a lot aren't venting, there's one in the Nunez thread who never posts then comes on to call him a polished Andy Carroll and another saying "I said he was shite in December, aren't I fucking clever".

I sometimes write a post then just delete before posting, that can get the venom out of you.

Yeah the likes of Fromola was relentlessly negative and claiming it would all end in failure even during our title winning season when we were a ridiculous number of points ahead. He kept saying "we'll start losing soon and City will go on a streak" etc. Same with the long winning streak we were on, just kept saying "we'll lose this game" until it happened and then gloats. It's the same with some of the posters in the HT threads, they "predict" we'll lose the game every HT until we do and they were "correct". I try to stay out of there.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2410 on: April 26, 2024, 10:28:13 am »
all posts that made reds feel worse might be a well intentioned comment...
Possibly, but the few posts I could endure after the Everton game did not seem in anyway well intentioned.
but its a slippery slope.
Self-censorship is a slippery slope to what?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2411 on: April 26, 2024, 10:35:58 am »
Possibly, but the few posts I could endure after the Everton game did not seem in anyway well intentioned. Self-censorship is a slippery slope to what?

a slippery slope to not having a forum.  If we applied your rules of not venting and self censorship  we would probably be left with very few posters.  Im talking 4 or 5.  If we bring in your other rule of not upsetting fellow reds, we are probably down to `1 or 2.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2412 on: April 26, 2024, 10:42:28 am »
I've never said it isn't No it's not. It's like smearing faces on the wall and calling it fine art. It make make you feel better in the moment but what about the people or have to walk past it later. Shit on a wall is still shit on a wall.
This has taken a strange turn. I'm sorry for your losses. Sounds like they need professional help. RAWK post-match would have been even worse for them.

How can they need professional help mate? They're dead.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2413 on: April 26, 2024, 11:04:19 am »

See what you're saying, but if it's an established poster having a bit of a rant then I think that's fair enough if their usual content is measured.

I think we should all be allowed to go off on one now and then and get it out of your system.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2414 on: April 26, 2024, 11:09:53 am »
See what you're saying, but if it's an established poster having a bit of a rant then I think that's fair enough if their usual content is measured.

I think we should all be allowed to go off on one now and then and get it out of your system.

If it's not respectful it will get called out for what it was. The post which started this conversation was and it was rightly removed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2415 on: April 26, 2024, 11:28:29 am »

Thats the thing isn't it Andy, you go off one one and it'll be "wind yer neck in dickhead" and other comments or Capon ripping the piss with his genius, but for a lot of the ones who are being moaned about, from day 1 its been utter drivel and they never post anything worth reading.

a slippery slope to not having a forum.  If we applied your rules of not venting and self censorship  we would probably be left with very few posters.  Im talking 4 or 5.  If we bring in your other rule of not upsetting fellow reds, we are probably down to `1 or 2.

There was a fella on here from Norway username Kaiser, got banned from here, got banned from everywhere else, rocked up on OnTheKop and managed to kill the site. People just got fucked off with him so much they just walked away.

There's been so many good posters driven away by the nonsense over the past few years, Welshred for one, a qualified physio and he got sick of no marks with no knowledge of anything questioning him when he replied to posts about injuries, the most famous one being "Virg must be ok, he walked off the pitch" after T-Rex did his knee.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2416 on: April 26, 2024, 11:31:37 am »
Thats the thing isn't it Andy, you go off one one and it'll be "wind yer neck in dickhead" and other comments or Capon ripping the piss with his genius, but for a lot of the ones who are being moaned about, from day 1 its been utter drivel and they never post anything worth reading.

There was a fella on here from Norway username Kaiser, got banned from here, got banned from everywhere else, rocked up on OnTheKop and managed to kill the site. People just got fucked off with him so much they just walked away.

There's been so many good posters driven away by the nonsense over the past few years, Welshred for one, a qualified physio and he got sick of no marks with no knowledge of anything questioning him when he replied to posts about injuries, the most famous one being "Virg must be ok, he walked off the pitch" after T-Rex did his knee.

It's a big site though and no one dickhead is ever going to derail the place.

We have some of the best posters about I feel. We have plenty of match going fans and an array of people from around the globe from an amazing number of jobs and places and experience.

I love reading so much stuff that makes me read about and learn things from genuinely funny and interesting people.

You aren't too bad yourself for being interesting, yer fat bastard :D

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: April 26, 2024, 11:33:48 am »
a slippery slope to not having a forum.
The forum is already on a slippery slope due to the unrestrained "venting" that you want to defend. Venting is never funny, insightful and adds nothing to the forum; it's just an excuse to throw shit at our players, our manager, our coaches, our physios, our ownership and on and on... 
If we applied your rules of not venting and self censorship  we would probably be left with very few posters.  Im talking 4 or 5.  If we bring in your other rule of not upsetting fellow reds, we are probably down to `1 or 2.
Defend toxic posters all you like, inventing spurious numbers to your argument only weakness it.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2418 on: April 26, 2024, 11:34:10 am »
How can they need professional help mate? They're dead.
Needed.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2419 on: April 26, 2024, 11:36:45 am »

Nah. Established posters should know better. It only encourages the newer weapons.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2420 on: April 26, 2024, 11:37:40 am »
It's a big site though and no one dickhead is ever going to derail the place.

We have some of the best posters about I feel. We have plenty of match going fans and an array of people from around the globe from an amazing number of jobs and places and experience.

I love reading so much stuff that makes me read about and learn things from genuinely funny and interesting people.

You aren't too bad yourself for being interesting, yer fat bastard :D

Joined the gym last week, 117kg/256 lbs/18.5 stone :butt  Fucking devo'd to be that lardy. Got 6/7 months of hard work ahead of me to get rid of it
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2421 on: April 26, 2024, 11:42:45 am »
Joined the gym last week, 117kg/256 lbs/18.5 stone :butt  Fucking devo'd to be that lardy. Got 6/7 months of hard work ahead of me to get rid of it

Just re-read that :D  So you're a little heaver than me - but not by much -  but I've come down from 20 stone to 18.26 and plan to be down to 17.0 by the end of the year :)

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2422 on: April 26, 2024, 11:45:46 am »
The forum is already on a slippery slope due to the unrestrained "venting" that you want to defend. Venting is never funny, insightful and adds nothing to the forum; it's just an excuse to throw shit at our players, our manager, our coaches, our physios, our ownership and on and on...  Defend toxic posters all you like, inventing spurious numbers to your argument only weakness it.

Personally after a game I'd expect my posts can be overly critical but by the next day I'm back to just posting none offensive nonesense.

My view is if someone praises when it's good but is critical when it's bad I don't really see the problem, what I don't agree with is agendas and constant negativity, must be a sad life to only care about misery.

I have also stopped putting footballers and managers on a pedestal, they earn far too much money, aslong as it doesn't cross a line then a bit of criticism should be more than fine.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2423 on: April 26, 2024, 11:46:05 am »

Phase of Play another.  Im too new to remember Kaiser. I  do of course remember Lobo who was never over critical of the team but he was a bullying pick Yet there were people who would revel in Lobo's posts. Things are not black and white
some of my favourite posters are fallout shelter regulars, however  I dislike this thread and the sneering with lack of accountability.

I dunno what what the mods would think if we had a 'what do you want from RAWK' type thread.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2424 on: April 26, 2024, 12:04:25 pm »

Phase of Play another.  Im too new to remember Kaiser. I  do of course remember Lobo who was never over critical of the team but he was a bullying pick Yet there were people who would revel in Lobo's posts. Things are not black and white
some of my favourite posters are fallout shelter regulars, however  I dislike this thread and the sneering with lack of accountability.

I dunno what what the mods would think if we had a 'what do you want from RAWK' type thread.

Yep agree mate. Some shite you post really boils my piss from time to time, but do you know what I do with that - when I'm not arguing :D

... I go off and read and then research a bit and I come back knowing a little bit more.

There are some people on here that really, really annoy me, but by looking stuff up, reading and learning, every day I find out a little bit more about the world.

Some of your posts are amazing and I love the fact that we have so many differing people with so many differing circumstances who all force you to think and learn.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: April 26, 2024, 12:10:19 pm »
Yep agree mate. Some shite you post really boils my piss from time to time, but do you know what I do with that - when I'm not arguing :D

... I go off and read and then research a bit and I come back knowing a little bit more.

There are some people on here that really, really annoy me, but by looking stuff up, reading and learning, every day I find out a little bit more about the world.

Some of your posts are amazing and I love the fact that we have so many differing people with so many differing circumstances who all force you to think and learn.

Im glad my part in our community has been defined, "I boil Andys piss and encourage him to read"  ;D

Nice one mate thats cheered me up x

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2426 on: April 26, 2024, 12:12:52 pm »
You're all twats, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2427 on: April 26, 2024, 12:21:49 pm »

It's worth it though mate. My BP btw is now in the healthy range after a few months on a better diet, down by c.30/20, with no exercise other than walking. I'm only now doing more exercise. I found changing my diet and losing some weight first was easier, as I wasn't getting the massive hunger pangs from trying to change my diet while doing a lot of exercise. It's also easier to exercise with a bit of weight off!
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2428 on: April 26, 2024, 12:22:11 pm »
You're all twats, as far as I'm concerned.

Awww. Thanks mate x :)

Stop fucking moaning and start posting more awesome guitar tracks on your tube yer fat bastard.

I request some Ultravox, Depeche Mode, New Order and Blancmange :)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2429 on: April 26, 2024, 12:24:15 pm »
Awww. Thanks mate x :)

Stop fucking moaning and start posting more awesome guitar tracks on your tube yer fat bastard.

I request some Ultravox, Depeche Mode, New Order and Blancmange :)
Ta mate.
Busy getting the band ready for our 1st gig next Friday.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2430 on: April 26, 2024, 12:26:33 pm »
Ta mate.

Thats smashing, all the best Terry

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2431 on: April 26, 2024, 12:27:01 pm »
Ta mate.

PM me - I'm free Friday and I'll try and come along :)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: April 26, 2024, 12:31:29 pm »

Thats smashing, all the best Terry

Ta mate
PM me - I'm free Friday and I'll try and come along :)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2433 on: April 26, 2024, 12:35:14 pm »
Ta mate

Cracking! Where's the nearest train station to there mate?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2434 on: April 26, 2024, 12:39:35 pm »
Cracking! Where's the nearest train station to there mate?
Hamilton Square. Cab fare is less than a tenner from there.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2435 on: April 26, 2024, 12:44:47 pm »
Cant stand the "you know which" thread from the forum.
Seriously. Some people need to stay off the keyboard.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2436 on: April 26, 2024, 12:45:37 pm »
Cant stand the "you know which" thread from the forum.
Seriously. Some people need to stay off the keyboard.

I genuinely think you could mean four or five, so :D
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #2437 on: April 26, 2024, 12:50:05 pm »
PS I remember Kaiser and the new cohort are bad enough that I'd probably have him back if I could get rid of 50-100 mingebags.

I know people don't like this thread because it's seen as one where we whinge about the main forum but you would have a hard time not seeing a massive problem in the main forum right now.  That said, I think it's support in general, fuelled by a reactionary media, gobshites like Carragher et al.  I'm totally disillusioned with football to the point I don't really enjoy engaging about it any more.  For a long time, sports retained some nuance in a world that had increasingly lost any, but we've lost it to the gobshites now, on both sides.  You can't discuss anything now because in 2024 it's more important to stick to your guns and never admit being wrong than it is to give any ground.  The Trumpian football debate is here.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2438 on: April 26, 2024, 12:56:55 pm »
PS I remember Kaiser and the new cohort are bad enough that I'd probably have him back if I could get rid of 50-100 mingebags.

I know people don't like this thread because it's seen as one where we whinge about the main forum but you would have a hard time not seeing a massive problem in the main forum right now.  That said, I think it's support in general, fuelled by a reactionary media, gobshites like Carragher et al.  I'm totally disillusioned with football to the point I don't really enjoy engaging about it any more.  For a long time, sports retained some nuance in a world that had increasingly lost any, but we've lost it to the gobshites now, on both sides.  You can't discuss anything now because in 2024 it's more important to stick to your guns and never admit being wrong than it is to give any ground.  The Trumpian football debate is here.

I'm always wrong. About everything. All the time!

I've turned it into an art form

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #2439 on: April 26, 2024, 12:59:29 pm »

I'm always wrong. About everything. All the time!

I've turned it into an art form

Yes Andy, but you're different from most people. All that happened to you was balloons kept sticking to you.

(10 points for anyone who gets the reference)