Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2101779 times)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #6360 on: July 18, 2019, 11:55:47 am »
People are complaining about the ability of Liverpool to create a proper website to sell tickets but they're sound with handing over that level of personal data? Someone once handed a form out at the ticket office to a random person that had my name, address, date of birth, and passport number.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6361 on: July 18, 2019, 11:57:05 am »
People are complaining about the ability of Liverpool to create a proper website to sell tickets but they're sound with handing over that level of personal data? Someone once handed a form out at the ticket office to a random person that had my name, address, date of birth, and passport number.

Hahaha in that case...

The holy grail though is having some way of the credit going to the person who attends. Pie in the sky as to how it's actually done which doesn't cause too much serious upheaval for those like yourself who basically go to every game.

If all the ladders actually went on who attended I'm sure the odd away game would drop to all members (as opposed me buying from someone else) and most people could probably do 4-5 league games a season at home fairly easily (if not the 'in demand' games).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:58:58 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6362 on: July 18, 2019, 11:57:24 am »
What more can they do with it other than it just allow me access to a stadium?

Because big companies have never had their systems hacked and personal information stolen. A fingerprint is probably the most personal information you can give apart from DNA. It would make the club a prime target for someone or a country to hack in and steal that information.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6363 on: July 18, 2019, 11:57:52 am »
'give up my fingerprints?

Why would I have a problem with that unless I'm secretly a raging serial killing nonce on the run?
:lmao

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6364 on: July 18, 2019, 11:58:24 am »

Am I being completely paranoid here Phil? I genuinely astounded that people are willing to do it.

Offline ReReformed

• Main Stander
  • ourclubourshirt.com
« Reply #6365 on: July 18, 2019, 11:58:41 am »
You're an idiot if you're willing to give up your fingerprints just to be able to go to a football match

There was a flippancy there, but seriously the police already have my prints and quite frankly I would trust the club with them more than I do the police.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6366 on: July 18, 2019, 11:59:24 am »
Because big companies have never had their systems hacked and personal information stolen. A fingerprint is probably the most personal information you can give apart from DNA. It would make the club a prime target for someone or a country to hack in and steal that information.

The police already have my DNA for life.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6367 on: July 18, 2019, 12:01:12 pm »
So, who wants to tell me all they know about late availability sales and whatever tips and tricks they know....?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #6368 on: July 18, 2019, 12:03:12 pm »
it won't happen, but just transparency of numbers,

x on 19
x on 18

againxt x amount of members

this would give people a more informed choice and manage their expectations of being able to buy.

Any changes to loyalty would need a comprehensive review, something I'm  not sure the club have a massive interest in
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6369 on: July 18, 2019, 12:03:22 pm »
Am I being completely paranoid here Phil? I genuinely astounded that people are willing to do it.

It always surprises me a little, but I do understand the whole "if you have nothing to worry about...why does it matter?" type argument too.
YNWA.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #6370 on: July 18, 2019, 12:05:00 pm »
I can see people's concerns but how trusting is everyone with the data held on their iphones etc, Disney theme parks get about 100 million visitors per year and I would guess most people use the fingerprint entry.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6371 on: July 18, 2019, 12:06:35 pm »
There was a flippancy there, but seriously the police already have my prints and quite frankly I would trust the club with them more than I do the police.

This, plus does anyone here own a smartphone or similar with fingerprint access that is stored, albeit on your own secure device (for now)? Touch I.D's are not the same as taking a full fingerprint, they only take a partial scan of your finger which gives around a 1 in 50,000 chance of being faked, which would be more than enough to secure entry. But we are going a bit off course now....

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6372 on: July 18, 2019, 12:07:43 pm »
I pay for stuff with my fingerprint on my phone. Could you not have tickets on smart phones where you have to do it like an Apple Pay on a Liverpool FC app, and when your finger print is on your phone, it opens the turnstyle as it would if you scanned the members card. Then the fingerprint is just on your phone.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #6373 on: July 18, 2019, 12:08:31 pm »
You're an idiot if you're willing to give up your fingerprints just to be able to go to a football match
Yet millions of people freely use their fingerprints to unlock their phones
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6374 on: July 18, 2019, 12:09:45 pm »

If you spit on the floor someone could get your DNA.

Someone could get your prints from literally everything you ever touch

Best just chop your fingertips off, just to be sure.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6375 on: July 18, 2019, 12:11:43 pm »
Yet millions of people freely use their fingerprints to unlock their phones

Yet Apple, Samsung and whoever's else spends money on security to try and male sure that information is safe. LFC don't and hand personal information out to completely random people as per Phil's message above.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6376 on: July 18, 2019, 12:12:48 pm »
Yet Apple, Samsung and whoever's else spends money on security to try and male sure that information is safe. LFC don't and hand personal information out to completely random people as per Phil's message above.

They don't do that as a rule though, do they.

Most major organisations have had security breaches no matter how tight their security is.

How many has the NHS had? You'd be fine with them having your DNA though?

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6377 on: July 18, 2019, 12:13:03 pm »
It always surprises me a little, but I do understand the whole "if you have nothing to worry about...why does it matter?" type argument too.
It's a fucking ridiculous argument frankly.

Your personal data is worth billions, it's got fuck all to do with what your personally up to - more what others can use it for.
cyas

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6378 on: July 18, 2019, 12:13:12 pm »

You are and you're not. It's a funny one, I don't really have an issue with it because on the one hand I have no reason to fear them holding it but on the other I know the security concern. What I would consider is, if someone did steal my fingerprint, what the fuck are they going to do with it that is going to be of any concern to me?

When I weigh it up, I'm not bothered again.

I've never had cause to give them to our authorities but know that the US authorities hold mine as they take them on entry, and they fucking would sell them ;D

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6379 on: July 18, 2019, 12:15:50 pm »
The system is a joke, but how does it favour people who do office jobs?

You'll find a lot of proxies block things like this in work, or that the pages don't work correctly when loading through an Internet proxy at work.  If someone works 9-5, then by the time they've got into work it's too late for the 8:15 sale, so surely the system favours people more who do shift work as there's more chance of them not being on shift at 8:15.  My friend works shifts, mornings, lates and nights, he's a 2 in 3 chance of being at home for a sale.  A lot of people on the office jobs have to drop kids off at school etc so it's not even like they can come into work early to sit in the queue.

At the end of the day, if someone has an issue with accessing the site via their 9-5 office job, or shift job, then they'll take a days leave to try their luck in the sale.  The system is a joke though!!

Sorry, what I meant is office job people dont have to take time off work/pull a sickie not that they have a better chance of getting a ticket. At least I got a keyring torch to show for it :D

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6380 on: July 18, 2019, 12:17:01 pm »
It's a fucking ridiculous argument frankly.

Your personal data is worth billions, it's got fuck all to do with what your personally up to - more what others can use it for.

Billions you say?

Where do I sign up?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6381 on: July 18, 2019, 12:21:29 pm »
Facial scanners are the next thing to be rolled out in airports etc anyway without any e-gates, so a fingerprint is going to be much less of a concern when companies have your entire face, iris and passports on file.

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6382 on: July 18, 2019, 12:27:45 pm »
Facial scanners are the next thing to be rolled out in airports etc anyway without any e-gates, so a fingerprint is going to be much less of a concern when companies have your entire face, iris and passports on file.
Already a thing as certain USA airports. And you've basically never given them permission for it.

Offline ReReformed

• Main Stander
  • ourclubourshirt.com
« Reply #6383 on: July 18, 2019, 12:36:32 pm »
Already a thing as certain USA airports. And you've basically never given them permission for it.

I went through Manchester airport this week and on scanning the boarding pass at the first gate you have to look at a camera, then when going through a final gate you look at a camera again and it compares you to the previous image. Do that with a membership card and the touts are finished. Can't be that hard can it?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6384 on: July 18, 2019, 12:37:28 pm »
I went through Manchester airport this week and on scanning the boarding pass at the first gate you have to look at a camera, then when going through a final gate you look at a camera again and it compares you to the previous image. Do that with a membership card and the touts are finished. Can't be that hard can it?

It's a fucking football match.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6385 on: July 18, 2019, 12:45:48 pm »
It's a fucking football match.

True.

Although it is linked to crime syndicates in the form of these touts with 500 memberships. You’re talking tens of thousands of pounds they’re making.

Some of them are pretty nasty from what we’ve heard, so it weeds them all out at least :D

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6386 on: July 18, 2019, 12:46:30 pm »
Can't wait until 2036 when we're all injected with a membership card chip and automatically walk through the turnstile or get tossed to the side by a robot
YNWA.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6388 on: July 18, 2019, 12:49:58 pm »
If they introduced a system where you couldn't pass a ticket on, we'd see a shift in who qualifies for what but seeing as everyone is against those measures because every c*nt wants what suits them rather than what's actually fair, ie, only retaining actual loyalty rather than your credit card being used.

I have to agree. Clearly whatever system they have will work for some and not others but the resistance against a fairer system as suggested above is difficult for me to understand. Surely it rewards the most loyal, those who actually attend.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #6390 on: July 18, 2019, 12:52:01 pm »
Can't wait until 2036 when we're all injected with a membership card chip and automatically walk through the turnstile or get tossed to the side by a robot

Giant claw just picks you up buy your head and just tosses you to the back  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #6391 on: July 18, 2019, 12:54:17 pm »
In Excess on 110 tickets available for Norwich on StubHub alone  :no :no :no

https://www.stubhub.ie/liverpool-fc-tickets-liverpool-anfield-8-9-2019/event/104175316/?sort=price+asc

https://www.stubhub.ie/liverpool-fc-tickets-liverpool-anfield-8-9-2019/event/104175316/?sort=price+asc&sid=2535769&byo=1&ticket_id=1483898477&ticketRank=1&byo_qty=2

https://www.stubhub.ie/liverpool-fc-tickets-liverpool-anfield-8-9-2019/event/104175316/?sort=price+asc&byo=1&ticket_id=1492142836&ticketRank=1&byo_qty=1

It's illegal to sell tickets so i don't understand why stubhub and other sites work with football clubs to find out who is selling them. It seems really simple to catch major touts. I really don't understand. The guy's are making thousands a year on selling tickets. shocking
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6392 on: July 18, 2019, 12:59:11 pm »
63 Norwich tickets sold on Stubhub today

Fucking boils my piss so much

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #6393 on: July 18, 2019, 12:59:47 pm »
In Excess on 110 tickets available for Norwich on StubHub alone  :no :no :no

https://www.stubhub.ie/liverpool-fc-tickets-liverpool-anfield-8-9-2019/event/104175316/?sort=price+asc

https://www.stubhub.ie/liverpool-fc-tickets-liverpool-anfield-8-9-2019/event/104175316/?sort=price+asc&sid=2535769&byo=1&ticket_id=1483898477&ticketRank=1&byo_qty=2

https://www.stubhub.ie/liverpool-fc-tickets-liverpool-anfield-8-9-2019/event/104175316/?sort=price+asc&byo=1&ticket_id=1492142836&ticketRank=1&byo_qty=1

I was having a minor moan to a colleague yesterday about having no luck in that morning's sale. He later sent an email to a website currently advertising all 19 that he knows is reliable.

Forwarded it to the club, but it's a disgrace. Doubt they'll do anything.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." - Bill Shankly

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #6394 on: July 18, 2019, 01:00:50 pm »
Re stub hub, contact them on twitter, their online chat etc and point out that the are listing illegal sales.

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6395 on: July 18, 2019, 01:05:47 pm »
No doubt that StubHub have it somewhere in their rules of agreement that they're not responsible for what's being sold on their platform

And they'll just sell em somewhere else anyway
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:07:41 pm by Damian V »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6396 on: July 18, 2019, 01:07:35 pm »
Sorry, what I meant is office job people dont have to take time off work/pull a sickie not that they have a better chance of getting a ticket. At least I got a keyring torch to show for it :D

Again, this is complete and utter nonsense no matter what way you try to spin it. You have to be on the page before 8.15. So that means you would have to be in the office in advance to log on. Do all offices open before 8.15? Most people would be on the page from 7 or earlier. So are the offices open at 7? Does everyone in an office have a manager that allows them to sit on the internet for a few hours instead of you know, actually doing the job they are paid to do?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6397 on: July 18, 2019, 01:08:04 pm »
63 Norwich tickets sold on Stubhub today

Fucking boils my piss so much
Depressing. Would have loved one.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6398 on: July 18, 2019, 01:09:08 pm »
No doubt that StubHub have it somewhere in their rules of agreement that they're not responsible for what's being sold on their platform

They even list the face value price underneath the listing, so they know, and even ackowledge the fact that these tickets are being sold at hugely inflated prices

And in any case, they absolutely are responsible for illegal activity on their website.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #6399 on: July 18, 2019, 01:09:36 pm »
Stubhub online chat is just a stupid bot that does not like if you ask if the tickets sales are illegal